Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soaring Sky High (Flying Type Pokemon Silver Monolocke)

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Definitely oof. And yes, indeed he will!

Ooh yeah charm will do wonders! God I love metronome. xD Such a good move. I kind of want to do a metronome run... XD Though it's kind of limited.
    Yeah charm and metronome might do the trick but I have to be very careful with metronome though because since this is gen 2, moves like explosion have a higher chance of being pulled. I'm also debating if I should have him hold a quick claw or a berry.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Another small update since I spent most of this morning playing my game. We beat Whitney's gym! But... not without a price. As I said, I grinded pretty much everyone up to level 20. I led with Cam, who with a combo of confuse ray and bite was able to handle the Clefairy with ease. I then switched into Dora in order to poison the Miltank. Rollout counter #1. Sub in Ferdinand. Rollout counter #2. Use charm. Rollout counter #3. Use a super potion. Rollout counter #4. Use another super potion. Rollout counter #5. OHKO. I was really hopeful Ferdinand could take that hit since he was one of the strongest on my team, but no such luck. Still, now that the counter had reset, and the poison had somewhat widdled away at the Miltank's HP, I was able to switch to my backup plan. Switching into Aliyah, I had her use mud-slap three times. Rollout hit all three times but I guess that charm did some good since even though the rollouts were hitting hard, Aliyah managed to survive all three on 2 HP. Thanks to the poison and mud-slaps, I think the Miltank's HP is low enough that if I use quick attack (since the miltank is also faster than me), I can knock it out and no wanting to risk knocking out anyone else on the switch in, I got for it. I was wrong. It lives on one HP. I freeze in fear as the Miltank uses rollout again. AND IT MISSES!! One more quick attack and the gym battle is over.

I'm still very sad about the loss of Ferdinand though. Thankfully, Gloria is not too far behind level par, so I'll probably add her to the team. Or, wait a couple days for the Bug Catching contest and see if I can catch a scyther or butterfree.

I'll also add the team's current stats later, since my 3DS needs to charge at the moment.
    //// /

3. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii Thank you for the update! Congratulations on the gym battle! R.I.P. Ferdinand, though. :/

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

5. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Alright so big big update since last time. Trip to Rome was a very productive time so we're gonna summarize this best I can.

I managed to beat Morty, Jasmine, Chuck, and Pryce. I caught the Red Gyarados but not without a loss. Dora died to one of the trainers outside the Lake of Rage. Still, the team overall is fairly strong. Cam is now a Crobat and was my ace for Morty. For Chuck, Gloria and Aliyah were my aces. Nearly lost Gloria but she managed to hang on with like 3 HP to a rock slide. Jasmine and Pryce were very difficult though. Since none of my team can learn fire moves, I had to rely on some sketchier tactics. For starters, lets tackle Jasmine.

The Jasmine battle was interesting. I was definitely slightly underleveled, with my team being levels 29-30 and her ace, Steelix, being like level 35. She had two magnemites as well. They were difficult, but some lucky with Aliyah knowing mud-slap causing their accuracy to be so low that both missed Thunderwave is what ultimately helped me to take them both out. Steelix, however, was not going to go down so easily. I decided to use my new shiny gyarados, Kalvin, who knows Surf. However, what I did not anticipate was the Steelix knowing Sunny Day which kinda rendered Surf useless. So we went for plan b and spammed Dragon Rage, which ultimately won me the battle. I also taught my ledian Dynamic Punch but ended up not needing that in this battle.

Pryce was significantly harder, however. Again we run into the problem of no fire type moves to help. Of course, this wouldn't be very useful against a dewgong and a seel, but they were very challenging anyway. I had to be very careful with this one. I led out with Elijah against his seel and thunderpunch was enough that it allowed for some easy damage. The problem was, this thing knows rest. I quickly realized I'd have to resort to dynamic punch and hope it would land to cause confusion. After one missed him that had Elijah in critical danger of being killed, the second punch landed and the seel hurt itself in confusion. Then, by sheer lunch, the thunderpunch landed and the poor thing was parafused. One more thunderpunch knocked it out though. Then in came Dewgong and I switched to Blake. This was a tough choice because I knew the dewgong was going to be too strong for Elijah to handle. So, I went with a hypnosis nightmare combo for the dewgong. The dewgong ended up missing quite a bit thankfully so Blake was able to use nightmare and fly to widdle it down slowly without taking much damage. Piloswine was by far the easiest, with two back to back surfs from Kalvin taking it down.

Now we're heading through the Rocket Takeover, but after nearly losing my entire team to the rival battle midway through, I decided it was time for some grinding. Most of the team is around level 33 at the moment. I'm going to try and get them to level 35 (36 in Aliyah's case cause I want her to evolve) before I proceed. Though, in the event anyone is lost, I have a farfetch'd, magikarp, scyther, and butterfree all ready as backups just in case.
    //// /

7. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii Thank you for the update and congratulations on your new badges! Sorry to hear that you lost several Pokemon, though. :/ I hope you enjoyed your trip to Rome, and good luck with your adventure in Johto! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @Noblejanobii Thank you for the update and congratulations on your new badges! Sorry to hear that you lost several Pokemon, though. :/ I hope you enjoyed your trip to Rome, and good luck with your adventure in Johto! :)
    Thank you! So far this isn't bad loss wise, but I fear that the E4 and then the Kanto postgame will be more difficult. Once I finish grinding though I'll post a stats summary of all my pokemon, party, box, and dead.
    //// /

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Okay! We've finished grinding so here's our stats list.

Party:
    Spoiler:

Name: Cam
    Species: Crobat
    Level: 35
    Moves: Return, Wing Attack, Bite, and Confuse Ray

Name: Blake
    Species: Noctowl
    Moves: Fly, Hypnosis, Nightmare, and Flash

Name: Kalvin
    Species: Gyarados (shiny)
    Moves: Waterfall, Twister, Dragon Rage, and Icy Wind
    Item: Nevermeltice

Name: Elijah
    Species: Ledian
    Level: 36
    Moves: Comet Punch, Dynamic Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch
    Item: Quick Claw

Name: Gloria
    Species: Fearow
    Moves: Peck, Thief, Pursuit, and Fury Attack

Name: Aliyah
    Species: Pidgeot
    Moves: Wing Attack, Sand-attack, Quick Attack, and Mud-Slap

PC/Daycare:
    Spoiler:
    Name: Joshua
    Species: Butterfree
    Level: 25
    Moves: Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Supersonic, and Whirlwind

Name: Mason
    Species: Farfetch'd
    Level: 16
    Moves: Peck, Sand-attack, and Leer

Name: Lloyd
    Species: Scyther
    Level: 13
    Moves: Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy, and Pursuit

Name: Isabella
    Species: Magikarp
    Level: 18
    Moves: Tackle and Splash

Name: Shuckie
    Species: Shuckle
    Level: 15
    Moves: Constrict, Withdraw, Strength, and Encore
    Notes: Just used him to get past the strength rocks in Chuck's gym since I didn't want to trek all the way back to the daycare to get my Croconaw.

Name: Hunter
    Species: Feraligatr
    Level: 32
    Moves: Cut, Whirlpool, Surf, and Strength
    Notes: HM Slave and Starter

Dead:
    Spoiler:
    Name: Ferdinand
    Species: Togepi
    Level: 20
    Moves: Headbutt, Charm, Metronome, and Swift

Name: Dora
    Species: Skiploom
    Level: 23
    Moves: Poison Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, and Headbutt

I also trekked through the Ice Cave (and failed a Delibird catch dangit) and made it to Blackthorn City. Just so I could fly to it later. But for now we head back to finishing off the Rocket takeover.
    //// /

11. This post has been liked by:

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

SLOANE. I missed these two major updates! Can you please tag me in the updates so I don't miss anything? O:

Sorry to hear about Ferdinand. I would say sorry about Dora but you don't seem cut up about that. XD Nevertheless, two deaths is pretty good! I think you're doing well. :)

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

13. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    SLOANE. I missed these two major updates! Can you please tag me in the updates so I don't miss anything? O:

Sorry to hear about Ferdinand. I would say sorry about Dora but you don't seem cut up about that. XD Nevertheless, two deaths is pretty good! I think you're doing well. :)
    Heck ye I'll tag you from here on!

Yeah I mean I'm pretty salty about both since I was looking forward to using Togetic and Jumpluff in a nuzlocke, but I'm more upset about Ferdinand since it was a loss to Whitney that I realized later on could've been prevented if I had given him a berry to hold or something. Dora wasn't that great of a battler and it was getting a lot harder to grind her. If I fully evolved her she wouldn't learn a stab move via level up until level 44! So I was already debating boxing her anyway in favor of Gyarados since I knew he'd be a more reliable fighter.

But yeah I agree! It's not my worst nuzlocke by any means. I need to go back and look to see what my bloodiest has been. Probably either my still in progress Ultra Sun nuzlocke or that moemon nuzlocke I did a while back. I'm going on a trip this weekend too so I'll try to update again next week!

In the mean time though, while we're still kinda far from finishing, if I finish this before the end of the semester, that means I'll have to pick another game for more nuzlocking. On my 3DS I have Red, Blue, and Yellow. I've actually already nuzlocked and finished Yellow. I believe I detailed that challengelocke a while back. But I never did finish Red or Blue. I also have UltraSun with me. So which would you like to see? Should I try to finish UltraSun and post the updates here even though it's already mostly finished (I'm currently trying to get a shiny mawile because rules)? Or should I take on Red or Blue? And if so on Red and Blue, any particular nuzlocke challenge you'd like to see me do?
    //// /

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Heck ye I'll tag you from here on!

Yeah I mean I'm pretty salty about both since I was looking forward to using Togetic and Jumpluff in a nuzlocke, but I'm more upset about Ferdinand since it was a loss to Whitney that I realized later on could've been prevented if I had given him a berry to hold or something. Dora wasn't that great of a battler and it was getting a lot harder to grind her. If I fully evolved her she wouldn't learn a stab move via level up until level 44! So I was already debating boxing her anyway in favor of Gyarados since I knew he'd be a more reliable fighter.

But yeah I agree! It's not my worst nuzlocke by any means. I need to go back and look to see what my bloodiest has been. Probably either my still in progress Ultra Sun nuzlocke or that moemon nuzlocke I did a while back. I'm going on a trip this weekend too so I'll try to update again next week!

In the mean time though, while we're still kinda far from finishing, if I finish this before the end of the semester, that means I'll have to pick another game for more nuzlocking. On my 3DS I have Red, Blue, and Yellow. I've actually already nuzlocked and finished Yellow. I believe I detailed that challengelocke a while back. But I never did finish Red or Blue. I also have UltraSun with me. So which would you like to see? Should I try to finish UltraSun and post the updates here even though it's already mostly finished (I'm currently trying to get a shiny mawile because rules)? Or should I take on Red or Blue? And if so on Red and Blue, any particular nuzlocke challenge you'd like to see me do?
    YEEEEEEEE!

Oh fair enough. Hindsight is 20/20 right? UGH REALLY?? Geez, I wonder why they failed so hard with movesets back in the earlier games. So stupid.

Haha I have also had bloody ones. One time I tried doing a Platinum Nuzlocke and my whole party got wiped out in a single fight, I'm pretty sure. xD

Hmm well I've seen so many first gen nuzlockes and even did one myself one time, so maybe US?

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii