Quality > Quantity

Do you prefer quality or quantity?

Senior Moderator

Quality all the way. Someone could pump something out every day but the quality of it suffers.

#TeamQuality

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I agree quality is better, but for some reason I am naturally drawn to quantity, if that makes any sense. For example, I used to have an obsession with making my music as lengthy as possible. It sacrificed quality, and I realized that, so I try not to do that anymore.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

I think quantity leads to quality, so I just go for quantity.

IE. If you're learning to do something, better to do it 100 times and fail a lot but get steadily better than to try only once and try to make the first attempt perfect. Theres an example with a ceramics class, but it holds true with many skills.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I used to be firmly in the quantity boat ("more is better"), but then I realised when I tried doing lots of short stories at a time that the quality suffered, and it suffered hard. So now I pretty much subscribe to writing whenever I want, because even if it's less often the end result is drastically better (and somehow more coherent) than if I'd try writing a story a day. I also get more free time then, which is nice. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    I think quantity leads to quality, so I just go for quantity.

IE. If you're learning to do something, better to do it 100 times and fail a lot but get steadily better than to try only once and try to make the first attempt perfect. Theres an example with a ceramics class, but it holds true with many skills.
    This is a well point, actually. I guess you're definitely right about this in some cases!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

It entirely depends on the subject matter. I couldn't say firmly one or the other.

Lychee is totally right about practice with things like art, but for games or TV shows, I'd much rather a four-hour experience or four-episode season if it means the content is rich. Otherwise it can drag on, become useless filler, and really dilute the experience.

8. This post has been liked by: