Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: NobleJanobii's Ultra Sun Nuzlocke Challenge

  1. #1
    I'm a family clam
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sicaether
    Posts
    14,232

    NobleJanobii's Ultra Sun Nuzlocke Challenge

    So this nuzlocke has been in progress for a bit now and is kinda drawing to a conclusion soon but since some people showed an interest in me posting about it I figured I'd make a thread.

    Rules:
    Spoiler:
    1. You may only first pokemon you encounter on each route
    2. If a pokemon faints, it is dead and must be boxed
    3. Everyone must be nicknamed.
    4. Advanced dupes clause is in effect. You cannot catch a pokemon you have already caught in this game.
    5. In addition, you cannot use any Pokemon used in an E4 team in previous nuzlocke that was completed at the start of this nuzlocke.
    6. All Pokemon used in my Sun and Moon nuzlockes cannot be used.
    7. Shiny clause is in effect.

    Current Team:
    Spoiler:

    Skye
    [Decidueye, Female]

    Biloxi
    [Alolan Marowak, Male]

    Seatbelt
    [Magnezone, Ungendered]

    Foster
    [Dusk Lycanroc, Male]

    Akuma
    [Nidoking, Male]

    PC:
    Spoiler:

    Jaws
    [Mawile, Female]

    Orleans
    [Magikarp, Male]

    Harbor
    [Ditto, Ungender]

    Rock Sand
    [Boldore, Male]

    Beach Ball
    [Togedemaru, Female]

    Poipole
    [Shiny Poipole, Ungendered]

    Tan
    [Haunter, Male]

    Paraglide
    [Fearow, Male]

    Mascot
    [Bewear, Female]

    Goupix
    [Vulpix, Male]

    Cloudie
    [Furfrou, Female]

    Faraday
    [Drifloon, Female]

    Prismillion
    [Vivillion, Female]

    Moustillon
    [Oshawott, Male]

    Lifeguard
    [Tirtouga, Male]

    Erie
    [Slowpoke, Female]

    Cookout
    [Miltank, Female]

    Sander
    [Aerodactyl, Male]

    Firework
    [Alolan Graveler, Male]

    Dead:
    Spoiler:

    Rocky Road
    [Mr. Mime, Male]

    Riptide
    [Cutiefly, Male]

    Volley
    [Pelipper, Female]

    Current
    [Floette, Female]

    Pier
    [Alolan Diglett, Male]

    Coral
    [Wimpod, Female]

    Hula
    [Comfey, Male]

    Starfish
    [Staryu, Ungendered]

    Lane
    [Komala, Male]

    Elgyem
    [Bay, Male]

    Panama
    [Alolan Raichu, Female]

    Siren
    [Wigglytuff, Female]

    Current Stats:
    Spoiler:


    Party:
    Name: Skye
    Species: Decidueye
    Gender: Female
    Level: 70
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Shadow Claw, Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, and Brave Bird
    Item: Expert Belt

    Name: Biloxi
    Species: Totem Alolan Marowak
    Gender: Male
    Level: 71
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Brick Break, Stomping Tantrum, Flare Blitz, and Bone Rush
    Item: Shell Bell

    Name: Seatbelt
    Species: Magnezone
    Gender: Ungendered
    Level: 71
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Flash Cannon, Discharge, Zap Cannon, and Mirror Shot
    Item: Magnet

    Name: Foster
    Species: Dusk Lycanroc
    Gender: Male
    Level: 70
    Ability: Tough Claws
    Moves: Rock Slide, Iron Tail, Fire Fang, and Stone Edge
    Item: Focus Band

    Name: Akuma
    Species: Nidoking
    Gender: Male
    Level: 71
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Moves: Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Drill Run, and Sludge Bomb
    Item: Muscle Band
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-14-2019 at 03:28 PM.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  2. This post has been liked by:


  3. #2
    I'm a family clam
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sicaether
    Posts
    14,232
    Reserved for the story thus far. This nuzlocke has been going on for at least a year now so my memory might be a bit fuzzy on the details.

    Summary of Events:
    Spoiler:
    In progress...

    The Normal Trial
    Spoiler:
    So obviously I picked Rowlet as my starter. I named her Skye and later caught a Pichu that I named Panama as my first official catch. I caught Volley on the lower part of Route 1 (since it's technically considered a separate area). I received Foster as part of a special distribution and caught Seatbelt in the trainer's school yard. I caught Rocky Road as a Mime Jr. in Hao'uli City and this was my team for the first trial. I also caught a Drifloon in the Hao'uli Cemetary but given this was a normal trial is wasn't going to do be much good. I ended up beating the trial with little difficulty as far as I remember.


    The Fighting Trial
    Spoiler:
    So at some point in the scheme of things both Rocky Road and Panama evolved. I also caught Current in Melemele Meadow, Riptide on Route 3, and Bikini in Seaward Cave. All were boxed as I had a full team at the time that I was fairly content with. Volley and Skye were my aces for the most part on the grand trial, though Rocky Road did provide some minor support. Again, as far as I remember, it was a fairly uneventful trial that I dealt with easily.


    The Water Trial
    Spoiler:
    And here comes the first losses. So I don't remember exactly how it happened, but at some point Rocky Road died to a trainer I believe in Paniola Ranch. I picked Riptide to replace her only to lose him pretty much instantly. So Current joined the team instead and evolved just before the water trial to provide support. As far as captures wise, I caught Myrtle in Sandy Cave, Jaws (illegally) in Ten Carat Hill (iirc she was actually my second encounter or something like that), Reef on Brooklet Hill, and Cookout on Paniola Ranch. The other two routes I think I failed those captures.

    So the water trial itself wasn't bad. Going into it blind I was prepared for Wishiwashi. The totem was not Wishiwashi. I remember I led with Curret and then had this "oh crap" moment as an Araquanid came out instead. But Volley and Skye were once again able to handle it with support from Seatbelt! So overall it wasn't a rough ordeal.


    The Fire Trial
    Spoiler:
    Only had one successful catch before this trial, which was Starfish the Staryu. Boxed it right away. Had Foster and Volley lead for this trial. Again, was expecting Salazzle, and we got Salazzle, but oh boy we also got Alolan Marowak and this thing was a beast. I nearly lost Volley in this trial if I remember correct and Foster was in the danger zone as well. I believe I ended up taking a risk and sending in Panama (a pikachu at the time) to finish the job but I do remember this trial involved a lot of healing items. But we beat it with no losses.


    The Grass Trial
    Spoiler:
    Some of these catches might've been post trial but we're going to just cover them all right here since I can't remember. So we caught Hula the Comfey in the Lush Jungle, Coral the Wimpod in the Dividing Peak Tunnel, and Lifeguard the Tirtouga on Route 8. All boxed. Now I definitely overgrinded for the grass trial for two reasons. One because I remembered in my Moon nuzlocke run it was the only trial that nearly swept my entire team and had I not had a torracat at the time I definitely would have lost the nuzlocke. But also two with the close calls with Foster and Volley in the previous trial, I didn't want to take any chances. Aaaaand the trial was so easy because Lurantis' support pokemon were horribly nerfed. A bit underwhelming but I counted my blessings and accepted the easy win with glee.


    The Rock Trial
    Spoiler:
    So I caught Harbor the Ditto on Route 9 and Pier the Alolan Diglett in Verdant Cave. Now the Rock Trial I figured I had in the bag. By this point Skye was fully evolved, made sure of that, so her rock type weakness was gone. Volley may have had a weakness but still water advantage. Seatbelt, a Magneton at this point, definitely knew Mirror Shot and possibly Flash Cannon by now. Current also knew Petal Blizzard and didn't have a weakness. Foster and Panama were there for moral support. I figured it would be easy. Oh boy was I wrong. Quite candidly I don't remember what happened, but both Volley and Current died during this trial. Both Seatbelt and Skye ended up taking a beating too which meant both Foster and Panama had to come out to finish cleaning up the mess. I still don't remember what exactly happened, since I actually think she was nerfed from SuMo but sure enough I lost a third of my team to this lady and was devastated. So then I had to rebuild my team.


    The Electric Trial
    Spoiler:
    So this is where we started to get the bulk of my losses. If I remember correctly, I tried raising Pier, Coral, and Hula before this trial to replace my two open spots but ended up losing all of them. However, Ultra Sun has a nice little feature of gifting you totem pokemon in exchange for locating stickers, so I ended up getting the Totem Alolan Marowak, who I named Bilaxi, to fill one of my empty slots. Deciding my team of five was strong enough on its own, I pressed forward and best the trial with relative ease thanks to Bilaxi. So overall a relatively uneventful trial. I also caught Lane and Bay in the areas around the trial. The Aether Foundation arch that preceded this wasn't all that eventful. I did catch a few pokemon other than Lane and Bay around here, but they're all PC fodder at the moment so it's not really important.


    The Ghost Trial
    Spoiler:
    So between the Electric and Ghost trial, I decided that with the Aether Foundation takeover arc being right around the corner, I couldn't just keep running around with a not full party. So I tried grinding Lane, Bay, and Starfish, who all died. I tried raising a couple other people too, but the grinding was just really slow and the level gap too far between my box mons and my team. So, I cheated a little. I had also recently finish my Yellow nuzlocke around this time. So, breaking my rule of not using any pokemon I had used in a previous nuzlocke E4 team, I brought over Akuma (who was right at level par) to join the party. Now with a full party of six in tow (Bilaxi, Skye, Akuma, Foster, Seatbelt, and Panama), I felt a whole lot better challenging what was ahead.


    Aether Foundation, Po Town, and the Dark Trial
    Spoiler:
    Again, all relatively uneventful. I caught a couple pokemon like Tan the Haunter, but overall my team was just well rounded and all these trials were easy. The Dark Trial was a bit of a struggle but I believe Foster, Seatbelt, and Akuma were able to handle it just fine. In addition, thanks to Mantine surfing I was able to give Akuma a much better moveset than what he came over with from Yellow and his Sheer Force ability makes him a beast. So next up was Poni Island.


    The Ground Grand Trial to where I am now
    Spoiler:
    Again, fairly uneventful. So mad Exeggutor Island got switched up but it's okay. My team was going strong and Skye plus Akuma was able to handle our toughest trial yet. It was in this trial I noticed our great deficiency to ground types with literally every member of my team except Skye being weak to it, but I thought nothing of it. So we proceed past this trial and head into Vast Poni Canyon. I caught a boldore and all was well. We hit the last part of the canyon. My pokemon are hurting but we're managing. Get outside to the last few trainers. Trainer sends out a Pangoro and I send out Panama. Like an idiot I don't switch her out because I think Thunderbolt will be enough to take this guy out. He barely lives and one shots Panama. I was shook and really had a hard time picking her replacement since she was going to be my ace for the Dragon trial (since the totem is a dragon/fighting type). Eventually, I settled on Siren who was an Igglybuff at the time. It took a lot of grinding, but eventually she was fully evolved and up to level par. I go to take on the last three trainers before the trial. The very last trainer before the trial sends out a flygon so I send in Siren AND SHE GETS ONE SHOT BY EARTHQUAKE. I cannot convey how angry and upset I was. So, I went to get Jaws, only to realize she was an illegal catch (I can't remember exactly how this worked but I think it was because I failed to catch a Machop in Ten Carat Hill then caught Jaws). But, my friends voted for me to replace Siren with Jaws, so now we're hunting Mawile to make it happen. I don't know the exact number but we're well over 1000 at this point (I'll calculate roughly how many I hatched once I get that shiny).


    Stay tuned...

    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 03-20-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  4. This post has been liked by:


  5. #3
    @Noblejanobii Thank you for posting this thread! Congratulations on your shiny Poipole! And good luck with your Mawile shiny hunt. :)



    Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

  6. #4
    We will take on the sky
    Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12,636
    Psst! You should finish this one then start a new one. c: Or continue. XD I mean it's a lot of effort. OMG I SHOULD START AN US NUZLOCKE. I never finished it because I got bored around the first trial but a Nuzlocke should keep me entertained. B) Anyhow, your team looks good so far!

    Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

  7. #5
    I'm a family clam
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sicaether
    Posts
    14,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Psst! You should finish this one then start a new one. c: Or continue. XD I mean it's a lot of effort. OMG I SHOULD START AN US NUZLOCKE. I never finished it because I got bored around the first trial but a Nuzlocke should keep me entertained. B) Anyhow, your team looks good so far!
    Yeah I actually really want to finish this because I've kept myself mostly blind to everything that happens post the Dragon Trial (which is where I'm at right now). I know vague occurrences but other than that for the most part I don't know much about what's coming. The main reason I haven't finished this nuzlocke yet is because, as I'll detail when I do the write up, as I was making my way through Vast Poni Canyon, I lost my main counter to the Dragon Totem, my alolan raichu, Panama. As you'll notice none of my team can really handle facing off against a Kommo-o. So I put it to a poll to a server I was in and raised an Igglybuff I had in the PC to replace her. Got her all the way to Wigglytuff and she was at level par. Went off to face the last three trainers before the dragon trial and a crit killed her. So that happened.

    I put it to another vote and it was selected that I'd pick Mawile this time. But as I was raising my Mawile, Jaws, I realized she's actually an illegal catch. I can't remember the exact specifics it's been a few months but the tldr is I can't legally use her per my rules. BUT shiny clause would allow me to use a mawile. So since I like shiny mawile and that is what the poll selected I began a shiny hunt. Aaaand I think we're somewhere around 1000-2000 eggs at this point. I'd have to go back and count tbh because I know I hatched so many it filled all my boxes and I had to offload a bunch into Pokebank, then I've traded away several, and now we're filling up my boxes again so it's been a decent amount for sure.

    Either way I got Ultra Moon as well but it's at home at the moment so if I do start a new one it'll be on that version since I've been playing on this cartridge for so long.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  8. #6
    We will take on the sky
    Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah I actually really want to finish this because I've kept myself mostly blind to everything that happens post the Dragon Trial (which is where I'm at right now). I know vague occurrences but other than that for the most part I don't know much about what's coming. The main reason I haven't finished this nuzlocke yet is because, as I'll detail when I do the write up, as I was making my way through Vast Poni Canyon, I lost my main counter to the Dragon Totem, my alolan raichu, Panama. As you'll notice none of my team can really handle facing off against a Kommo-o. So I put it to a poll to a server I was in and raised an Igglybuff I had in the PC to replace her. Got her all the way to Wigglytuff and she was at level par. Went off to face the last three trainers before the dragon trial and a crit killed her. So that happened.

    I put it to another vote and it was selected that I'd pick Mawile this time. But as I was raising my Mawile, Jaws, I realized she's actually an illegal catch. I can't remember the exact specifics it's been a few months but the tldr is I can't legally use her per my rules. BUT shiny clause would allow me to use a mawile. So since I like shiny mawile and that is what the poll selected I began a shiny hunt. Aaaand I think we're somewhere around 1000-2000 eggs at this point. I'd have to go back and count tbh because I know I hatched so many it filled all my boxes and I had to offload a bunch into Pokebank, then I've traded away several, and now we're filling up my boxes again so it's been a decent amount for sure.

    Either way I got Ultra Moon as well but it's at home at the moment so if I do start a new one it'll be on that version since I've been playing on this cartridge for so long.
    Actually that's the same with me. I have no idea how USUM is different from S/M other than necromza legendary fusions. Oh my gosh that's so demoralising. o__o What a bummer. Can't wait for mine. XD

    Loooooooooool! That's insane, gurl. But great idea. XD

    Ah yes, I'd do the same.

    Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

  9. #7
    I'm a family clam
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sicaether
    Posts
    14,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Actually that's the same with me. I have no idea how USUM is different from S/M other than necromza legendary fusions. Oh my gosh that's so demoralising. o__o What a bummer. Can't wait for mine. XD

    Loooooooooool! That's insane, gurl. But great idea. XD

    Ah yes, I'd do the same.
    It's actually surprisingly different in terms of difficulty in certain areas so if you want to keep yourself kinda on the DL I don't advise reading the logs I'm working on at the moment. Yeah I actually stopped playing the game for a month or two because I was so upset at losing Siren. Definitely she and Panama's deaths were the hardest hitting of the nuzlocke thus far.

    Yeahhh not the best idea but I'm too far into it to give up now!

    I've got logs up through the Rock trial now so if you want to check those out they're there for you.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  10. #8
    We will take on the sky
    Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    It's actually surprisingly different in terms of difficulty in certain areas so if you want to keep yourself kinda on the DL I don't advise reading the logs I'm working on at the moment. Yeah I actually stopped playing the game for a month or two because I was so upset at losing Siren. Definitely she and Panama's deaths were the hardest hitting of the nuzlocke thus far.

    Yeahhh not the best idea but I'm too far into it to give up now!

    I've got logs up through the Rock trial now so if you want to check those out they're there for you.
    Oh damn. D: I'm sorry to hear that. I've started up my US one today and yeah...almost had a huge tragedy to a MEOWTH. An Alolan one who knew bite and was doing ridiculous damage. Half-healthing all my pokemon with one attack. It took a lot of potions and thankfully had disarming voice on my popplio. o_o

    I agree! You can do it!

    Aww, for me? Why you kind little thang.

    Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

  11. #9
    I'm a family clam
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sicaether
    Posts
    14,232
    So I have finished the rough summary of events thus far. I also calculated it and my Mawile hunt as of right now is at about 1270 eggs hatched, but I can't say for sure because I've traded away a few here and there. But this is probably pretty close to how many eggs have been hatched.
    //// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  12. This post has been liked by:


  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So I have finished the rough summary of events thus far. I also calculated it and my Mawile hunt as of right now is at about 1270 eggs hatched, but I can't say for sure because I've traded away a few here and there. But this is probably pretty close to how many eggs have been hatched.
    Thank you for posting the summary of events! Once again, good luck with finding a shiny Mawile! :)



    Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

  14. This post has been liked by:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •