Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NobleJanobii's Ultra Sun Nuzlocke Challenge

@Noblejanobii Thank you for the update! Sorry to hear about Akuma's loss. :/ It's good to hear that Lock is a great replacement, though. Congratulations on defeating Maxie and Archie! Good luck with the other team leaders! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to Deoxys for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Special thanks to The Foogle for this beautiful pixel Necrozma Dusk Mane! :D
    Part of the Ultra Duo Set with Radiant Moon The Foogle! :D

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Well like ten minutes after I made this morning's update, Lock actually evolved into Silvally so I guess he's very happy with me as his trainer. Quite the beast this guy is, especially since now I was able to make him a flying type to cover some issues I was having with fighting types.

All in all, the Lysandre fight was stupidly easy. I pretty much swept his entire team with Skye and Nile, with some assistance from Foster. Cyrus initially was really easy but his Dialga actually posed a huge problem since I didn't have any ground type moves at my disposal, since that was Akuma's niche and I hadn't thought to replace it. Most of my team was worse for wear after that fight but Foster managed to finish Dialga off thanks to Roar of Time requiring a rest turn. And then we get to Ghetsis. Nile pretty much swept him. Nile actually got down to 1 HP at one point but their beast boost had their special attack stat at like +4 at that point so I just banked on them outspeeding everything including the Zekrom. Risky business but Nile proved speedy enough to survive the ordeal.

So then we get to Giovanni. I knew he'd probably be running a ground type based team with Mega Mewtwo X since I had faced Xerneas earlier, so I decided to let Skye lead and use Lock to take on Mewtwo, if for nothing else than a showdown between two man made legendaries. Skye was able to take out the Dugtrio no problem but unfortunately it outsped her. I was worried it would set up some sort of hazard since most of the trainer battles up until this point were based on competitive strategies, so I figure either sandstorm or stealth rocks is coming up. It was stealth rocks. That worried me a bit since it meant Switching in Lock was going to cause them some major damage, but we pushed forward. So then out comes Nidoqueen. And I have pretty much no counter to her. Sure Jaws knows Ice Punch but she isn't very fast or bulky so she wouldn't survive a flamethrower or an earthquake. So I just had Skye whiddle her and the following Nidoking down with a combination of Shadow Claw and Leaf Blade for high crit chance. Then Rhyperior comes out which Skye one shots.

So then out comes Mewtwo and I send in Lock. They're both level 70. Lock's at an immediate disadvantage with stealth rocks in play and I figure there's no way this Mewtwo doesn't have like Thunder Punch or Stone Edge on it so I decide to use a Rotom Boost to buff up Lock's stats. Mewtwo gets a stat boost when it megas so its only fair. And as I predicted, the Mega Mewtwo X has Stone Edge. It lands and Lock hangs on with about 20 HP. I heal then use Multiblast. Lock doesn't outspeed the Mewtwo but Stone Edge misses and Multiblast takes out about 2/3rds of Mewtwo's health. It occured to me part way through this battle that I probably should've gone for the ghost or fairy memory instead, which upon looking might've worked better since while the Mega Mewtwo would have gained access to Earthquake, nothing it used would have been super effective but WHO CARES. Lock survived the next Stone Edge and landed another Multiblast to win.

So in the battle of man made legendaries, my little chimera baby came out on top!

And that's pretty much it. I don't think there's any additional story elements to USUM. If you guys know of anything maybe I'll consider doing it but for now that's pretty much it.

So here's the final team's stats!
    Spoiler:

Name: Skye
    Species: Decidueye
    Level: 74
    Ability: Overgrow
    Moves: Shadow Claw, Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, and Brave Bird
    Item: Expert Belt

Name: Seatbelt
    Species: Magnezone
    Level: 73
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Flash Cannon, Discharge, Zap Cannon, and Mirror Shot
    Item: Magnet

Name: Foster
    Species: Dusk Lycanroc
    Level: 73
    Ability: Tough Claws
    Moves: Rock Slide, Iron Tail, Fire Fang, and Stone Edge
    Item: Focus Band

Name: Lock
    Species: Silvally
    Level: 70
    Ability: RKS-System
    Moves: Zen Headbutt, Multiattack, X-Scissors, and Iron Head
    Item: Flying Type Memory

Name: Nile
    Species: Naganadel
    Ability: Beast Boost
    Moves: Air Slash, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, and Dragon Pulse
    Item: Firium-Z

Name: Jaws
    Species: Mawile
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves: Crunch, Iron Head, Play Rough, and Ice Punch
    Item: Pixie Plate

This was definitely one of my bloodier nuzlockes, with 14 total losses. I think it actually beats out one of my previously really bloody ones which had like 10 or 12. But all in all it was a lot of fun. I'm glad I got to use pokemon like Alolan Marowak, Silvally, and Naganadal that I might not have used during normal gameplay because I wouldn't have wanted to change up my team. With this one complete I'll be focusing on continuing my Potterlocke as I can, so we'll see how that goes.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

3. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii Thank you for the update and congratulations on successfully finishing the Nuzlocke! Good luck with the Potterlocke! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to Deoxys for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Special thanks to The Foogle for this beautiful pixel Necrozma Dusk Mane! :D
    Part of the Ultra Duo Set with Radiant Moon The Foogle! :D

5. This post has been liked by: