Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch? What sort of watch? And how do you wear it?

Had watches a lot on my mind recently. My dad recently decided they were his next big thing, so got a fair few. Then earlier this year, I got offered a job as the Youth Ministry Coordinator at my church, which meant more money, but also more meetings with church staff, the hub, other youth coordinators in the area, and possibly contacts at local schools, where looking at my phone to check the time would be unprofessional. Which made the perfect excuse for me to lash out and buy myself one. So when my first payslip came in, I got myself a Galaxy Watch, my first watch in about ten years.

Spoiler:

I wear it on my left wrist, but started wearing it on the inside of my wrist recently, for a couple of reasons. Makes it less likely to bump it and damage it, easier to check the time when holding a drink, easier to use whilst holding a steering wheel (sssshhh), makes it less obvious when I check the time. Only con is that the watches program doesn't account for that so the waking action doesn't kick in when I check the time.

@Desolate Divine Yes, I wear a watch on my right wrist. It is a Geonaute watch :

Spoiler:

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Administrator

I like both types of watches, but lately I’ve preferred the digital one. Mainly due to the fact it’s quick access to time and date both. I’ve had this one for a few years now and I think it’s time for an upgrade soonish.

I may be right handed, but I wear it on my left wrist.

Spoiler:

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I used to but then I always forget to after a while. I've found I really like pocketwatches though so I'm hoping to get a new one soon since my old one's battery ran out.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I used to wear a Freestyle watch, but the band is badly cracked and unfortunately it's not replaceable.

But typically I prefer to wear digital watches. Usually they have some neat features like stopwatches and things like that. I don't use them that often, but it's nice having them.

6. This post has been liked by:

I have never worn a watch (consistently). I've had heaps before, but they never had batteries. xD But yeah, don't think I'll ever bother with one.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I like old school watches xD I think they're pretty. I used to wear one all the time except in the shower, but then I lost it somehow as it must have come unclipped while I was out. I didn't wear one for a couple years and then recently got a new one but I've gotten out of the habit now and often forget to put it on. I don't like having tight things on my wrist so I keep it loose and it usually ends up on the inside of my wrist.

That galaxy watch looks awesome. My brother was showing me his yesterday and how he can reply to messages by writing the letters on the watch face with his finger! It was really cool!
    GCEA

I do not wear a watch, and I never have, but one of my quirks is I like to look at my wrist as if I was wearing a watch quite often.
    For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.

I’ve worn watches on occasion, but I only actively wore a watch for less than 4 months because the battery died in it (I had actually gotten it a year prior to starting to wear it, so the battery lasted roughly 16 months from the time I got it) and I haven’t gotten around to replacing the battery yet.

i dont wear watches and i never have because i just dont like things on my wrists