Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

"Today was a great day because..."

We have a 22 page thread of peoples terrible days. Let's see if we can make this one a bit bigger!

Today was a great day, because I got a mark back on an Old Testament Essay that I wasn't overly impressed with how I wrote it and was worth 50% of my mark. Thought I'd struggle to pass.

Got 80% and lots of positive feedback. Guaranteed 40% of the 50 needed for my final grade for the subject.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    We have a 22 page thread of peoples terrible days. Let's see if we can make this one a bit bigger!

Today was a great day, because I got a mark back on an Old Testament Essay that I wasn't overly impressed with how I wrote it and was worth 50% of my mark. Thought I'd struggle to pass.

Got 80% and lots of positive feedback. Guaranteed 40% of the 50 needed for my final grade for the subject.
    That's awesome, well done! How are you finding the course?
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That's awesome, well done! How are you finding the course?
    It's great haha the only problem is that I am the sort of person who hates being a student, and unfortunately slacks off and procrastinates a lot. So assessments I do okay as I tend to be thorough with them and do good research however doing readings, participating in forums, even showing up to class, I really struggle to find the motivation for.

That being said the content is great. The thing that the course is really doing well is breaking down my own misconcerions (eg the idea that the bible was written in order, that the first four books of the new testament were written by four of Jesus followers during his ministry), which looking back, are the stem of a lot of discrepancies I have noticed in the bible, that now seem to be solved because I have a better understanding of the history and context of the written text itself as opposed to just the events highlighted

That and the tutors are great. I'd happily go have a beer with any one of them haha

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    It's great haha the only problem is that I am the sort of person who hates being a student, and unfortunately slacks off and procrastinates a lot. So assessments I do okay as I tend to be thorough with them and do good research however doing readings, participating in forums, even showing up to class, I really struggle to find the motivation for.

That being said the content is great. The thing that the course is really doing well is breaking down my own misconcerions (eg the idea that the bible was written in order, that the first four books of the new testament were written by four of Jesus followers during his ministry), which looking back, are the stem of a lot of discrepancies I have noticed in the bible, that now seem to be solved because I have a better understanding of the history and context of the written text itself as opposed to just the events highlighted

That and the tutors are great. I'd happily go have a beer with any one of them haha
    Haha lucky most of your mark comes from assessments then I guess! I was the opposite, always showed up but was lazy about doing stuff at home (too much pe2k xD). I remember doing texts and traditions in year 11 and I found it really interesting learning about the history and context of the bible and who wrote it and who their audience were and stuff. It was like English using the bible as the text. That's great that you're enjoying it! How long is the course?
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Yeah, that information does bring a new meaning to a lot of it.

It's a three year course but I'm doing it at 3/4 time so it'll be another three and a bit years before I finish.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I bought a full size violin for $30. Excited to play it!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotoad View Post
    I bought a full size violin for $30. Excited to play it!
    Oh wow that's awesome!

Today I spent a lot of time running around in the backyard with my puppy. It was awesome.

8. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Today was a great day...

Was on the train home from uni and looked on Instagram and saw my mates older sister had posted to her story.

Now let me paint a picture. The sister is crazy hot (like that hot that it is crazy, not crazy and hot (though if the hot/crazy scale is real then she must be insane...)). Crazy hot to the point where I am convinced either her or her brother are adopted. Crazy hot and also soon to be divorced...

The story was a picture of her assignment and one of the books she was studying from. Guess who just got out of a class that was a heated debate about chapter 9 of that very book...

Had a nice chat with her for a few minutes about it, and hoping that next time I'm at her place hanging out with her brother, that the conversation might continue ;)

It didn't happen today exactly, but I haven't been on here since before it happened so I'm counting it anyway.

I told some really close friends that I've come to terms with and accepted that I'm trans and they were really supportive of me, telling me that their houses are safe places for me to be me because my family doesn't know and would literally disown me and kick me out if they knew.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ant2011 View Post
    It didn't happen today exactly, but I haven't been on here since before it happened so I'm counting it anyway.

I told some really close friends that I've come to terms with and accepted that I'm trans and they were really supportive of me, telling me that their houses are safe places for me to be me because my family doesn't know and would literally disown me and kick me out if they knew.
    That's awesome! I'm so glad you have supportive friends!