Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

So today was a good day.

Had a DnD sesh, and it was a good one. My last few sessions haven't been great in that most of my rolls have sucked badly, and it really brought down how much I enjoyed it. Today was better. I had a good mixture of good and bad rolls, and it was actually really good.

Also managed to nab the coolest kill for this week, earning me an inspiration.

My character has a rapier that was forged by Gold dragons that was made to kill all dragons but Gold and Red. I knew it did extra damage but I wasn't sure how much.

We were going through a frozen cave. The ground was frozen and sloped downhill, making it hard to move without slipping. One of our characters (a werebear in full bear form) decided it'd be a good idea to slide down into the pitch black, and ended up running into a young white dragon.

A fight ensued, and I used the dragon slayer rapier. I hit, and rolled for ten damage, then heard the six words all of us want to hear.

"How do you wanna do this?"

See, when we kill something, our DM says that. That's how we know we have killed something. And at that point, we can come up with some creative kill, and possibly get inspiration.

Because the ground sloped, I had my character run and slide down the ice, before crouching and slicing at the dragons throat, using the momentum to spin, and as he went under the dragon, stabbing it in the heart.

I wasn't expecting the attack to kill it. I rolled ten and thought the rapier did triple damage to Dragons. Turns out that attack did 51 damage, which means it does at least 6x damage to dragons (bar red and gold)...

Legit, so keen for next session, and am spewing it will be the last one for the year...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    So today was a good day.

Had a DnD sesh, and it was a good one. My last few sessions haven't been great in that most of my rolls have sucked badly, and it really brought down how much I enjoyed it. Today was better. I had a good mixture of good and bad rolls, and it was actually really good.

Also managed to nab the coolest kill for this week, earning me an inspiration.

My character has a rapier that was forged by Gold dragons that was made to kill all dragons but Gold and Red. I knew it did extra damage but I wasn't sure how much.

We were going through a frozen cave. The ground was frozen and sloped downhill, making it hard to move without slipping. One of our characters (a werebear in full bear form) decided it'd be a good idea to slide down into the pitch black, and ended up running into a young white dragon.

A fight ensued, and I used the dragon slayer rapier. I hit, and rolled for ten damage, then heard the six words all of us want to hear.

"How do you wanna do this?"

See, when we kill something, our DM says that. That's how we know we have killed something. And at that point, we can come up with some creative kill, and possibly get inspiration.

Because the ground sloped, I had my character run and slide down the ice, before crouching and slicing at the dragons throat, using the momentum to spin, and as he went under the dragon, stabbing it in the heart.

I wasn't expecting the attack to kill it. I rolled ten and thought the rapier did triple damage to Dragons. Turns out that attack did 51 damage, which means it does at least 6x damage to dragons (bar red and gold)...

Legit, so keen for next session, and am spewing it will be the last one for the year...
    It's been a LOOOOONG time since I last had a DnD session, but it sounds like you had quite a bit of fun. It's good to see things heading up for you and I hope things are settling down and working out with the whole car situation.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Something Great Happened to Me Today

Just like we all have bad days, we all have good days too! Wanna share some of that happiness? Then feel free to be as much of a braggart as you want and share your joy here with us!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

4. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

I have all the materials to plant a flower and herb garden--just have to wait for any frost danger to pass before I can start planting.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I had to clip bunny nails tonight.

When I first started doing it, my two guys absolutely LOATHED it. My goodness, they couldn't stop fussing and moving around. Made the whole process take a good 30-40 minutes because of it and I got scratches all over the place. Dexter also kept jumping off my lap and kept trying to run away while Danny had the issue of always wanting to turn around.

Tonight, things went so smoothly. Took only around 10-15 minutes to do both of them now and they were so much more cooperative, relaxed, and they allowed me to get the job done easily with no problems at all. Definitely gave them both a treat for that!

I love these little guys.

8. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    After looking all over the past couple of weeks for these certain kinds of plushies, I finally found one:

It's a perfect pillow and great for when I'm reading, which I've been doing a lot lately!

10. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Bought a flamenco dress! I'm now the lady in the red dress emoji!

/ / / / / / / /

12. This post has been liked by:

@Noblejanobii My mum loves that emoji so now I can tell her it's you! Very nice dress. :3c

14. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    @Noblejanobii My mum loves that emoji so now I can tell her it's you! Very nice dress. :3c
    Haha thank you! It fits really well and everything so I’m excited even if it was somewhat pricey.
    / / / / / / / /

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Noblejanobii it's so pretty! Did you go dancing?
    @Scytherwolf aww how cute! It looks so comfy :)
    GCEA

17. This post has been liked by: