Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Ahh, those are awesome!!! I didn;t even know they were a thing, which is good for my wallet I suppose :P
    Be sure to show what they look like once you've finished painting them. :D
    Squeeee!! Riiiight?! Haha I had my eyes glued to anything and everything Critical Role since I got into it. XD I think this one was pretty easy to miss, unlike their most recent one about the animated show! And yes...it would have been good for your wallet, for sure. Both kickstarters have set me back a few hundred dollars. XD (Which wouldn't be so bad if our dollar wasn't so horrendously pitiful.)

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Technically this happened yesterday, but I got a holiday organised with my friends! Sure, finances are going to be a bit tight for a while, but it's worth it to go to Spain with my pals. And we get 3 days of theme park tickets included with our hotel. :D

@Shruikan that's so cool, Fennekin looks great! Shaymin and Popplio are brilliant too! :)
    Where are you going in Spain? As someone who lived there for four months I have to say it's well worth visiting!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Sweet! :D Spain sounds awesome! When are you going?
    We're going to Salou, I went there last year with my family and it's a crazy coincidence that I'm going there again. We've got three days at PortAventura included with our hotel as well, which is great. Apparently you can get an extra day in the water park, so we might have 4 days of activities already planned. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Where are you going in Spain? As someone who lived there for four months I have to say it's well worth visiting!
    I'm a big fan of Spain, and although I stopped learning it in school six years ago, I love Spanish as a language. And you lived there for that long? What's the story behind that? :)

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Would have made a blog post about this but it isn't much so this thread seems better to use.
    Today has just been one of those days where everything went right.

The other week I was called for interview for a graphic design position and I was really excited for it and really wanted it. Last Friday I got a reply and said that I hadn't made it to the next stage and got really disappointed and felt like giving up. On Monday, I got called for an interview somewhere else but wasn't as hopeful because I was still a bit disappointed and I took a risk, applying for a job that asked for more experience than I technically had. On top of that I took my driving theory yesterday and failed so thought it was a sign this would fail too. However, today, I went to my interview at 10am, got through it and it went really amazing.

It was so relaxed, they said that I didn't have the experience they wanted but my portfolio of graphic design work was just as good, if not better than some others with more experience. Their office looks great, they are so friendly, the work and their ethos seems amazing. And to top that, they have an office Dog.

So, I came out of the interview at about 10:45, by 11:30 I had received an email saying that they were really impressed and want to see me again for the second stage of the interview process. I am thrilled. I was super worried that my lack of experience would be a deal breaker, but seems like I made up for it.
    On top of that, today the weather was clear skies and really warm. First day in a while it's been nice, so I had a nice day out with a group of friends I haven't seen in a while. Been smiling all day. Got my second interview next week. I have to go in and do a task for them so they can see how I work.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

6. This post has been liked by:

@Coru that sounds lovely. :3 Well done making it through the interview process! Not having experience is such a killer in the workforce, simply because it's such a fast, easy way for employers to judge you. I bet you can show 'em just how awesome you are, though. :3 Best of luck with it all.

8. This post has been liked by:

Coru 

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Congrats Coru, that's great news!! It can be so demoralising trying to find a job. Glad you're having some success. I hope you get it, it sounds like an amazing place to work and you deserve it!
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

Coru 

@Suicune's Fire @Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Thanks guys, I was so shocked when I got a reply so fast. I've got my second interview tomorrow and I'm super nervous that I will mess it up. I really want this job haha. I hate looking for jobs because it just gets you down a lot of the time because you just feel like you aren't up to scratch so if I can get this then I won't have to worry about that for a while haha. As soon as I know the result I might make a blog post so you guys can know. I will also use it as an excuse to post pictures of Bo too haha.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Coru View Post
    @Suicune's Fire @Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Thanks guys, I was so shocked when I got a reply so fast. I've got my second interview tomorrow and I'm super nervous that I will mess it up. I really want this job haha. I hate looking for jobs because it just gets you down a lot of the time because you just feel like you aren't up to scratch so if I can get this then I won't have to worry about that for a while haha. As soon as I know the result I might make a blog post so you guys can know. I will also use it as an excuse to post pictures of Bo too haha.
    Good luck Coru, you'll be great! If you made it to the second interview then they already like you a lot! I'm sure you'll be fine, though I don't blame you for being nervous. I got so nervous for my interviews haha. After the first few mins though it seems to be less stressful. Looking forward to hearing how you went! And seeing Bo!
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I am ready to start DANCING!

I recently got offered a job to work for Ethicon, which is part of Johnson and Johnson. Now, I've been working there as a contractor for a while, but this is different. This is for a full-time, permanent role! I have been wanting something like this ever since 2005! It's always been contractor roles ever since I graduated college undergrad, but this is the real deal now. I'm excited and it's working with a great team that I've worked with before. They're cool, they're friendly, and they're a lot of fun to work with. And they design really cool stuff too, which consists of tools and equipment for surgery. These things save lives! Also, these were the guys that got a thrill out of me dressing up like a pixie for Project Pixie stuff.

After putting in my two week notice for my current contractor position, I was told I have four vacation days accrued. I thought I only had two, so I'm taking the 18th through the 23rd off. The 24th I have to go in to turn in my laptop and badge, as well as gather my stuff from my desk. Then I get another four days off and start this neat new position on the 29th. So it's almost like a ten-day vacation! Meanwhile, everyone's been really nice about wishing the best for me and that they were happy to have the chance to work with me. Dang, that stuff feels good.

14. This post has been liked by:

@Neo Emolga THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!! Congratulations, my dude! :D I'm so happy for you! Oh my gosh, the pixie guys! xD Sounds like they'd be awesome to work for. Awesome stuff getting there. :3

16. This post has been liked by: