Thread: Shruikan's White 2 Nuzlocke

"Sleep is a curse, and yet a curse I need to live." -Steven Universe.

Shruikan's White 2 Nuzlocke

So, since I was doing this challenge for another forum, I though I'd share it here as well.

Welcome to a perfectly normal Nuzlocke of Pokemon White 2.
    <insert canned applause here>

Rules:
    1: If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be perma-boxed.
    2: You may only catch the first pokemon encountered on each route.
    2.5: Dupes clause; if the first encounter is of an evolution line I already have, it may be skipped, up to three times per route.

Update 1:
    Spoiler:

Bianca had told us one of us would be getting a trainer today. I had hoped it would be me, but it was still a surprise when my pokeball was lifted out of the the briefcase.

Upon the ball opening, I was greeted by a smiling face. Bianca told me she was my new trainer. The girl said she was called Yune, and gave me the name Edward. She seems nice, and I can’t wait to see what kind of adventures we can go on now.

As we walked away, a young trainer and their Oshawott attacked us. Yune seemed to know this person, but they seemed pretty scary to me. I managed to defeat the Oshawott thanks to Yune’s help, but I got pretty beaten up in the process.

Bianca showed us around a place with lots of red and white, where they used a strange machine to magically heal my injuries. Then Bianca lead Yune around a bit and showed her lots of things I didn’t understand.

After Bianca left, we were attacked by a Purrloin. It was very weak though, and I fought it off very well. When I had almost scared it off, Yune caught it in a pokeball. I don’t know why she did that. Am I not good enough for her? Or is this something to do with this “pokedex” thing Bianca was showing her?

Another day, another victim. Whenever the bespectacled blonde girl came by, a new trainer always followed. And new trainers were prime targets.
    As expected, this new girl came walking along, Tepig in tow. Both had the wide eyed clueless gaze of one who knew nothing of the real world. This would be almost too easy.

I prowled out, putting on my best innocent face, and meowed at the new trainer, rubbing against her leg.
    The girl reached down and stroked my back. She was falling for it hook line and sinker. I maneuvered myself closer to her unprotected bag. Now, just a few moments more…
    The girl pulled away at the last moment. As I cursed my back luck, she said something to her Tepig, whose stance changed. My fur prickled, and I began to back away, but the Tepig charged me. I was knocked flat by that bag of lard. That pokemon was stronger than the other starters before it. I was going to have to call this a lost cause and flee.
    However, as I turned on my heels to bolt, something caught me in the side of the head. A moment later I was inside a strange spherical space.
    Today was just not my day.

After a while, the walls fell away and I was back in the real world again.
    It seems the girl wasn’t as clueless as I first thought. She gave me a name, which was nice I guess. Wild pokemon don’t have names, they know who everyone of importance is, and anyone else doesn’t need to be spoken of. But I must admit, the name she gave me has a feeling, like it’s alway been mine, deep down; Lethe.
    Then that Tepig helped me in some fights. I suppose it’s nice to have someone looking out for me, though I could do without the accompanying idiotic personality.

So after training Lethe a bit, (Yune put me in charge of that. She already trusts me that much!) we continued on our journey. I’m not quite sure where we’re going, but I trust Yune to lead us.
    Along the way, we saw a wild looking man fall from atop a cliff. I though for sure he was a gonner, but her was unharmed somehow. He showed her through some more buildings, then we went off again.

As we left, a strange child attacked us. He had a Patrat, and Lethe couldn’t beat it alone, but it was no match for me. Then a girl and her Purrloin went after us. Why does everyone in this world hate us? But Lethe handled this one on her own. I’m kind proud of her, and of myself for teaching her so well.

So I must admit, that Tepig does know how to fight. He already taught me a few new tricks. Of course, he was gullible enough to show me everything, so pretty soon I won’t need his help anymore.

So, we were apparently heading to the nearby ranch, to give some guy a map or something. Everything seemed to be going fine, until trainer girl ground to a halt. I snickered as the Tepig didn’t notice and walking into her leg.

The reason the girl had stopped was a Sunkern. It was just standing in the middle of the road. Staring with it’s big round eyes. There was something sinister about it, roots planted firmly into the ground, slowly growing bigger. It was really freaking me out, so I let the Tepig stand in front, so if it tried anything I wouldn’t be the first target.
    We had gone around it, but just when I though we were safe, the trainer girl then went and caught it!
    Really, why would she do that?!

<The Sunkern looks at you with a blank expression>

<It says nothing, but its eyes follow you>

<You can sense an evil aura coming from the seed pokemon>

<You make up an excuse and quickly leave>

Mareep! Mar Mareep Mar! Eep! 0w0

Hah, fooled you didn’t I ;) You though I could only talk in pokemon-speak!
    What!? You mean you knew I was faking it all along?! Q_Q Aww. You’re no fun.

So I was just grazing in Floccesy Ranch like normal, bored out of my mind. Do you know how bland grass tastes? Blegh. Especially when eating it’s pretty much all there is to do. And today it’s even worse than normal, thanks to the snow. You’d think, hey snow can add some extra texture or flavour, but nope. Just wetness and coldness. Somehow it made the grass even blander! >_>

So anyway, I was there having the time of my life [/s] when all of a sudden, BAM! this pokeball hits me right in the melon. No warning or introduction or anything, just now I’ve got a new trainer. -_-

Ok ok, so I’m not exactly sad about that. I mean, trainers and adventure and stuff! So the girl said she’s called Yune, and gave me a name. I mean, I had one already. Mareep #43. Yay.[/s] But Yune gave me a better one. Ilyana! ^‿^
    So yeah, now I’m super exited to see what will happen. Yune’s other pokemon are pretty interesting. There’s a Tepig who’s very action-heroey, and a Purrloin that puts on a show of being kinda fed up, but I bet secretly likes us. :3 Oh and a strange Sunkern who I can’t get a good read on.

So right of the bat I was called up. This guy wanted to fight Yune, so he sent out an Oshawott. And obs I can take them thanks to my awesome grass munching powers!

Just kidding, though I did win against the Oshawott. And then a few other trainers wanted to battle. But Catty and Flameboi took them down easy-peasy. And then a guy all in black threw a disc at Yune. IDK, maybe he though she was a CD player or something???

So it turns out we were traveling to give a map to the scary guy from before. But we met some new companions along the way, so it all turned out good.
    The cliff man came back and got Yune to help teach some kids about battling. I was really exited to get to fight, but Yune chose Lethe instead. I guess she wanted to go easy on the kids.
    Anyway, we were told about a guy called Jim who was a strong trainer, so we went back to fight him.
    We got there, but Jim wouldn’t fight us until we proved ourselves worthy. I think he was just scared of my awesome strength.

Ok, let’s get this straight. First off, the guy was not called “Jim,” he was the leader of the GYM. And secondly, the Tepig was weaker than both me and the Mareep then. In fact, that Mareep was crazy strong. She may act a bit weird, but remind me not to get on her bad side.

The other trainers were barely worth mentioning. They were pathetically weak, going down with ease, one to me and one to the Mareep. The Gym leader had no excuses then. I don’t know why Yune wanted to fight him though. I could easily have swiped one of his badges without anyone noticing. He just left them in an unlocked box on the table nearby, just asking for a quick paw to slide in and snatch a few for mementos. But that Tepig wouldn’t let me go, saying we might be needed in the battles and we had to stay close and blah blah blah.

The battle wasn’t even that interesting. Essentially it was half an hour of a Lilipup and a Mareep growling at each other, with the occasional actual attack, then a return to the stare down. I was impressed with the girl’s patience. Perhaps I should give her more credit. I only stayed awake because I was forced to.

OMG(Or should that be OMA?), I just won the most amazing battle! :D And I also kinda almost died, which wasn’t so great. :(

So, Yune picked me to lead in her first Gym battle. Cause you know, they say to always leave the important things to the sheep you just met. :P
    So those guys were strong. And they kept getting bulkier. I managed to paralyze them, and then just growled at them. They did,t do much damage that way, I imagine they were kinda weirded out by a growling sheep. An adorable ball of candyfloss growling at you would make me wary too. I think I said growling too much there. Oh, I just did it again! >_<

So yeah, there was a time when my concentration wandered, and the Lilipup hit me right in the chest. It felt like he broke a few ribs or something. I was really worried for a moment. But then Yune gave me a bottle of water, and somehow it’s refreshing magic healed my wounds.
    No, I’m not making this up. It really happened like that.
    Yes, it did. >:(
    Hmph, fine don’t believe me then. But either way, in the end I managed to wear him down with some electrical bolts and won, without even needing any backup! XD

So then Yune got a cool badge and another CD. I guess she really is a music player! Maybe she’s a DJ? But anyway, that was such an awesome battle! I can’t wait to see what happens next. *‿*

<The Sunkern looks at you with its creepy stare>

<It is now wearing a Basic Badge attached to its sprout>

<You decide not to ask how it got it>

<You quickly walk away>

Team:
    Spoiler:
    Tepig♂ - Edward
    LV.12 Naughty Nature.
    Tackle
    Tail Whip
    Ember
    Odor Sleuth

Purrloin♀ - Lethe
    LV.13 Careful Nature.
    Scratch
    Growl
    Fury Swipes
    Sand-Attack

Sunkern♀ - Micaiah
    LV.4 Hasty Nature.
    Absorb
    Growth
    Ingrain

Mareep♀ - Ilyana
    LV.14 Quirky Nature.
    Tackle
    Growl
    Thunder Wave
    Thunder Shock

GCEA Stats

2. This post has been liked by:

@Shruikan Thank you for posting this Nuzlocke, and congratulations on your first gym badge! Good luck with your adventure! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to Deoxys for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Special thanks to The Foogle for this beautiful pixel Necrozma Dusk Mane! :D
    Part of the Ultra Duo Set with Radiant Moon The Foogle! :D

4. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Looking good so far! Got a good team going there! Can’t wait to see what else happens.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Peeeerrrrrrrfectly normal isn’t bad. Still fun to see any kind of run. Nuzlockes are fun and interesting experiences to play and watch! Should be something awesome to watch as it develops more!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

8. This post has been liked by:

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I like the way you've decided to document this! It's really unique hearing it through the perspective of the pokemon. I like how their perspectives are so different as well. Makes for a very entertaining journey. xD I loved this:

"And then a guy all in black threw a disc at Yune. IDK, maybe he though she was a CD player or something???"

XDDD Oh dear. That mareep. Anyway, it's awesome so far! Feel free to tag me in future updates. :D

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

10. This post has been liked by:

Pride of the Yevetha Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    This is a really great narrative style, very enjoyable to read. I'm looking forward to future updates!
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

The artist formerly known as Phantasm.Angel

12. This post has been liked by:

You said to tag you, so @Suicune's Fire

Update 2:

Spoiler:

A weird blonde lady gave Yune a smart-watch! And her phone number? (Kinda strange, but ok?)

But then, the watch wouldn’t even turn on! Totally lame! Worst gift ever. D:<

It keeps saying that the Nintendo WiFi Connection is no longer supported!

Back to the fields again. Luckily we didn’t find any of the Sunkern’s creepy family or anything this time.

Speaking of that Sunkern, she appears to have stolen the badge from the last gym. I though I was a good thief, but no-one but me seems to have even noticed the badge is gone yet… I’d better keep an eye on her.

New adventure! We took a side path off the route from before, heading up the mountains. But then a big muscley guy tried to stand in our way. Since the others were tired from the battle before, I took him on. I need to prove that I was just as good as the others. And I was. It was easy!

After that Jim came back with the scary guy in tow, and told Yune about how the darker grass is different or something?

Anyway, people kept stopping us again and again, and they all wanted to fight us! But I was strong, and they all ran away. It turns out that when they lose, they give Yune paper tickets which she swapped for cool stuff at the red magic building. So I’m happy to keep fighting for Yune.

Oh, oh! City! A real life City! Shops and cars and metal and roads and air pollution and people! (/◕ヮ◕)/

There were some people arguing about something! And some workers in a factory were on strike! And there was the sea! So much water!!! @ ‿@

OK, so yeah. We reached a city, the sign said it was called Virbank. Places like this are sure to have lots of unsuspecting suckers, but I was so used to the green fields that all these buildings freaked me out.

The Mareep looked like she was having a epileptic fit or something. Bouncing around from one thing to another. Anyone would think she was at a theme park.

Trainer Girl is so naive. Some guy claimed that his workers needed motivation, and asked her to go fight them, and she actually accepted! No questions, not a word of payment in return, nothing! This is like scam 101!

The Mareep was barely paying attention to where she was walking. Well, walking’s the wrong word, more like bounce-juddering along like a pebble in an earthquake. I had to physically drag her out of the way when a small Elekid leaped at her. It must have been attracted by the static in her wool. And of course, the trainer took this opportunity to add another worthless member to the jolly group of best friends.

It was a perfectly normal day at the factory. I’d foraged some food, partially from the workers lunches, and was just going for a siesta, when I saw the fluffiest thing pass by. I just had to grab it. It was so soft and electric, kinda like the best pillow ever, fused with a marshmallow. But then the fluff was dragged out of my grasp by a red and white contraption, which sucked me inside.

It turns out a trainer had caught me. Eh, it’s not like my life’ll change much by it. Plus that contraption is the perfect place to relax. She gave me the name Fiona and then returned me to my new bed.

So since there was three workers, we each took one of them. I handled mine pretty well. So did Ilyana.

Then Lethe fought hers, but the pokemon’s heat burned her paw. Then she was hit by it and went up in flames! I was so scared. Lethe just lay unmoving with flames licking over her. Ilyana continued the fight while I ran over to put out the fire, but the burns were terrible. I really hope that Yune can help her…

Lethe got hurt by that Magby, so I took over. I totally pwned them, but I couldn’t enjoy the victory. I was feeling really worried about Lethe. She looked in really bad condition ;_;

I was worrying so much that my hair started falling out! :O Or at least I thought that at first. My skin was weird and pink underneath. Then I realised I was walking on my hind legs without having noticed. I’d evolved! 0_0

It’s totally strange! I’m not sure I like it yet. I guess I have hands now? Or mitten hands or whatever.

Anyway, Lethe was in real trouble. But we got back to the red building with the healing machine. She stayed in there for way longer than normal… but in the end she came out just fine! :D And then me and Edward both glomped her. I’m so happy she’s all right! ^ω^

Everything went black for a moment. I though maybe this was it, and I was going to die. But my injuries were healed. Well, mostly anyway. My paw still hurt slightly. I must have been taken the to Pokemon Center.

When I left my ball, the annoying Tepig and a Flaafy leaped at me. The Tepig was blubbering, but I didn’t have the heart to snap at him like I usually would.

The Flaffy was a different matter. I assumed it was that Mareep from before, but friend or not, a mouthful of static wool is not pleasant.

After prying the sheep of my face, I saw that even the creepy seed looked a bit more concerned than normal. Probably needs me for it’s nefarious plans or something.

Wait, did I say friend earlier? Strike that. I meant acquaintance.

Anyway, after the others had let me go, our trainer took us aside. She had those discs from earlier, including one I hadn’t seen before, which she gave to me. I didn’t know what she was expecting at first, but as my still slightly burned paw touched the disc, something ran through me, like a jolt of electricity. When it left my claws, Somehow I knew about a new move. I’m not one to believe in magic, but that thing came pretty darn close.

So next we needed to fight another Jim? A relative to the first maybe? This one was part of a band. We had to fight her band members before she would challenge us. But the drummer was tough, we only just beat him, so Yune took us back to the factory place to train.

After a while I felt stronger, and there was a tingling feeling. I’d heard about this from my time with Bianca. I was going to evolve!

But I don’t want to get stronger just because I evolved. I want to prove that I can help people without any extra powers. Plus I’d heard that un-evolved pokemon get stronger faster.. It was hard, but I managed to push down the tingling.

It happened a few more times, but each time I stopped it. I’m going to get stronger as I am. Then Yune will see how special I am.

So the gym battle was up next. I was sitting this one out, to let my paw fully heal. The Tepig was to be backup, coming in after the Mareep, sorry, the Flaafy had weakened them.

Yeah, that didn’t happen.

The Flaafy shot down the leaders pokemon one by one. It was like the inverse of her last gym fight. No time spend in staredowns, just continuous sparks of lightning. The Tepig looked kinda down about not getting to fight, so I tried to comfort him. Not my best idea; it ended with him crying tears of joy(?) and hugging me again.

Boom, another gym down! Second verse, same as the first! :D Evolving has really made me über strong! Like, before I was an adorable ball of floof, but now I’m a spiky-haired emo martial artist shonen protagonist!

LOL, I can’t keep a straight face even thinking that.(^v^) I guess my sparks are stronger now cause they don’t get stuck in my fleece now?

Anyway, that gym was easy peasy. We got another badge too! (I think Micaiah is collecting them now? (Micaiah’s the Sunkern FYI. She doesn’t speak much, so she might not have told you yet.))

Anyway, some movie scout saw the battle! And they want Yune to star in a movie for them! Wait, shouldn’t I be the star? Well anyway, Movie studio! Being in a dingy concert hall was fun, but hollywood here I come!

So Trainer girl was dragged into making a movie. I mean, literally dragged. She tried to walk away, and the security guards brought her back. So we all sat around waiting while our trainer acted like a wooden Chatot in front of a camera and a greenscreen. They couldn’t even be bothered to make a set or costumes! I would say it’s the worst movie ever, but we were forced to watch another movie beforehand. And nothing can compare. It goes beyond bad, past so-bad-it’s-good, and right back around to so-bad-it’s-bad-again.

I get the feeling that our trainer was being intentionally awkward. She messed up every line, and didn’t even look at the script. She also tried to sneak off the set at least eight times during filming. It was a three minute scene.

Well, that was not hollywood! >:( It was barely even one of those past your own face into a music video things! Just a stock CGI background that they’ve used three times already, and the same script to boot! 2/10 would not recommend. D:<

We didn’t even get to see the finished product, though that was more the fault of Yune bolting as soon as no-one was looking than the movie company. (^_^;)

Then that guy who through the disc at Yune back at the ranch showed up again. With, what did you call them Lethe? Oh, right the Ginger Mafia. (Totally calling them that from now on.) But Lethe scared them right off. Probably just by glaring at them. Kinda like she’d doing at me right now… 0_0

Singer girl and the Guy-that-scares-Eddy both showed up to help, though they didn’t really do anything… (^_^;) But then Scary-boy gave Yune another on of those discs that Lethe thinks are magic. It apparently teaches Cut, which would have been reeeaally useful back at cheap-as-distortion-world studios. :/

So now we’re on a boat. Free tickets for saving the day! ◠‿◠ Sad we have to leave the city though. I hope we visit another one soon…

Team:

Spoiler:
    Tepig♂ - Edward

LV.19 Naughty Nature.

Return

Tail Whip

Flame Charge

Defense Curl

Purrloin♀ - Lethe

LV.16 Careful Nature.

Thief

Growl

Fury Swipes

Sand-Attack

Sunkern♀ - Micaiah

LV.4 Hasty Nature.

Absorb

Growth

Ingrain

Flaafy♀ - Ilyana

LV.18 Quirky Nature.

Charge

Growl

Thunder Wave

Thunder Shock

Elekid♀ - Fiona

LV.10 Mild Nature.

Quick Attack

Leer

Thunder Shock

Low Kick

GCEA Stats

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Tag me too!

Good team you got going here and congrats on the first evolution! Here's to hoping that Tepig of yours can help clear out the next gym. Burgh's bugs won't stand a chance!
    /// /

@Suicune's Fire @Noblejanobii

Update 3:
    Spoiler:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

IT so big. And tall. And BIG. And buildings everywhere! And people and shops and houses and roads and cityness!!! Why didn’t anyone say this is where we were going?! :D

Ilyana.exe has stopped working.

Okay, calm down Ilyana. Deep breaths. Keep it together.

So just after arriving Yune was greeted by a weird clown. But then he gave her a Bicycle, which was like, what? Those things are expeeensive. And fast! We went to sooo many places. And found a lot more clowns. Didn’t think there’d be this many clowns, but its a big city so. Have I mention how BIG this city is? <3

Those Ginger haired kidnappers were here. Yune’s frenemy had been chasing them, apparently to the sewers. Yuck, no way was I going down there.
    Or so I wished I could say. Alas, the hyperactive Mareep Flaaffy and overly heroic Tepig forced me down with them. Plus, the black suited wannabe ninjas deserve punishing, so much as it pains me I followed into the sewers.

So the Tepig and Mareep Flaaffy lead the way, alongside the guy’s pokemon. I picked up his name from Yune’s conversations to be Ashera. Well anyway, he had a Dewott, who helped lead the way. I think that might have been the one that Mareep Flaaffy toasted before. They seem to get along pretty well now at least. The Tepig kept glaring at Ashera and standing between him and Yune.

And since it was low tide, obviously the best path to take was along the sewer bed.
    I don’t think my fur will ever feel clean again.

A blade of water slashed through the air. My partner fell in a single blow. I readied myself to fight, though I knew I could not defeat such a foe.

However, as I steeled myself for defeat, the world was snatched away. I found myself trapped inside this strange two-coloured sphere.

Eventually, the walls fell away, and I was back in the world I knew. There were several unfamiliar pokemon, including one that had fought alongside the Dewott from before.
    I readied myself for combat, but the woolen creature didn’t seem to be aggressive. After questioning them, I found that the Dewott from before was a rival to these people. They all worked for a human girl, who was currently occupied talking to a another taller human, with outlandish green colouring.

The woolen creature has even claimed to have defeated the Dewott in single combat. I am dubious of this claim, but have decided to go along with these strange pokemon, at least until I am strong enough to exact revenge for my friends defeat at the hands of their nemesis.

I still don’t trust Yune’s friend. Him and his pokemon kept picking fights with the inhabitants of this place, but when humans attacked us, he stood back and left it for Yune to handle alone.

So we found the black suit bad guys. They had stolen pokemon and forced them to fight us. I felt really bad fighting them, they didn’t want to fight us, but neither of us had a choice.
    Then the guys ran away before we could free their pokemon. I tried to go after them, and Scary guy ran off after them too, but in all the confusion we lost track of where they went.

After that some strangers approached Yune, one of them looked kinda metal with super strange hair. He seemed pretty nice. And there was a tall stringy guy who either is or knows another Jim. Not clear on which exactly just yet.

While Yune talked, we met with our newest teammate, who was a Rattata who seemed worried at first, but is actually very chill. (I think Yune named her Marcia)
    She wasn’t sure about joining us at first, but a friend of hers came up and talked to her for a bit, and Marcia seemed fired up. Saying she wanted to avenge her friends defeat. She was so cool, like a Samurai in an action cartoon!

And we got lost. Great. Not only do we have to walk along the dried up banks of the sewers, but no-one thought to remember the way out! Typical.

When we eventually found a way out, it wasn’t even the right one! We found ourselves in a small park completely cut off from everything else. Obviously there were no humans here, as the place was overgrown, and the only way in or out was via the sewer entrance, which no-one in their right mind would go along just for gardening. But there were some pokemon here at least. Maybe one of those could be of help?

I hid straight away. I wasn’t sure what pokemon these were, but they looked scary.
    But then the tallest one started rummaging through the foliage. I couldn’t get away fast enough, and they exposed my hiding place.
    I felt the leaves on my head quaking as I tried to get away, but a blue light surrounded me. I felt it tugging at me, and briefly experienced an extreme feeling of claustrophobia, before returning to the familiar leaves and plants I knew.

The tall pokemon spoke, she said she was Yune, and ask me to come along with her, even giving me the name Elincia. But she didn’t seem to be able to understand me. At first I though it was just my quiet stammer, but it turns out that Yune can’t actually understand what other pokemon are saying.

I was introduced to the other pokemon traveling with Yune. The pink thing was scary. They moved around a lot and was very loud. The red/black one was friendly,but a bit too forceful. The slender purple one seemed to understand though, subtly trying to calm down the others and get them to stay away and take it slower.

They said there was a world outside my garden. I wasn’t sure I believed them, but if it was true then I wanted to see it. And traveling with these pokemon would be safer than going alone…

And then while we were meeting the new pokemon, the sewers flooded and filled with water again. So now we’re even more lost than before.
    And then it turns out the Rattata knew where we were going the whole time, and never thought to help us until now. Just perfect. At least we’re out of the sewer once and for all now.

My new trainer Yune lead us through the upper city. I had rarely been there before, preferring to stay out of the bright lights, but thankfully we didn’t stay long. The Flaaffy, Ilyana, had to be physically dragged away from some of the glass walls along the way. And the Tepig, Edward, was disappointed that they weren’t going to fight the Gym straight away. But we made a beeline straight for the northern exit.

This was so strange. There were so many more metal boxes, like the one I used to live inside. The world really was unimaginably big. And more than a bit scary…
    But Marcia and Lethe made me feel better about it. This was as new to Marcia as it was to me, and Lethe seemed very understanding. Edward and Ilyana were friendly too, but Edward radiated heat and I felt like I might burn up if I got too close to him, and Ilyana was just too energetic! I was alway on edge near them, in case I need to jump out of the way at any moment…

Yune took us out of the metal boxes, and along a dirt path. I couldn’t see very far, though come to think of it, that was as far as my world went a few hours ago. The air was covered by swirling dry-soil, making it hard to photosynthesize. The others had trouble breathing too, frequently coughing.

While we were there Lethe helped teach me how to protect myself. The plants I helped grow are apparently very useful if I am ever attacked.

It was finally finished! My masterpiece, a three story full-size sandcastle with windows and turrets. It was beautiful. And then the sandstorm came and blew down the east wing, causing a chain reaction that ended with my palace left as just a pile of sand.

Welp, project 27 was a failure. Time to start on project 28; a sand sculpture of a pine tree. I’d seen the trees in the leaflets and magazines that the builders sometimes left behind. They looked spikey and grew strange coloured spherical fruits that sometimes glowed. And the needed brightly coloured boxes as nutrients for their roots.

I had just started on the base of the trunk, when a small green thing crashed through and flattened it.
    It got up and looked nervous, apologising profusely for the destruction. I tried to explain that it was all right, and this happened frequently anyway, but as I opened my mouth, I spotted an object moving out of the corner of my eye.

It was perfectly spherical, exactly half red and half white. I had never seen such smooth flawlessness as this, with a perfectly centrical ridge being the only mark on the object. However, as I was admiring it’s beauty, it hit me on the snout, after which I seemed to be sucked inside it.

Once I figure out how to get out of this predicament, I know exactly what my next sculpture will be.

First sewers, now a freaking sandstorm?! What next, a swamp? Or maybe a jam factory, just for that extra level of never-getting-it-out-of-my-fur?

So, I was helping the Petilil get stronger. She’s lived her whole life in a tiny garden with no idea there was anything more, and now she’s in the real world, she needs to know how to survive.

It turns out, she didn’t need much help. She can literally drain the energy of her opponents and heal any injury. I though I was a good thief, but this is a whole other level. I’m just glad she’s on our side.

Then came an attack from a Darumaka. The Petilil was preparing to fight it, but I shoved her out of the way. Good as she was, she’d never stand a chance against a fire type yet.
    Turns out, neither could I. I got hit square with a blast of flame that floored me, and burned a large swathe of fur off my back. Then the sandstorm got into the wound.
    Two words: Not. Pleasant. And right as my paws had recovered from the last burn…
    The Mareep Flaaffy leaped in to help again, quickly scaring off the rouge daruma doll. However she took a lot of damage too, which was alarming, as she was meant to be the strongest. Yune seemed to agree, as after that we found a new spot to train, back in the city.
    It was called the Battle Company? Fitting name. There were lots of workers that challenged Yune to battles, and gave actual prizes for it, which was a nice change. The Petilil tore through them like they were paper. Pretty soon she’ll be giving the Flaaffy and Tepig a run for their money. All that’s left now is to challenge the head of the building.

I, they… I can’t. I’m sorry. I can’t do this.

The others are all too upset right now, so it falls to me to explain what has transpired.

We made our way to the top of the building, and was challenged by a child, who was in charge of the company. He had an Eevee, and the battle was going well. He was caught in Elincia’s vines, and had only a few drops of energy left. Yune didn’t even take any chances, using a spay of some kind that healed her pokemon to ensure they would survive.
    But the Eevee, with its last ounce of strength, dealt a blow more deadly than anyone could have foreseen.
    Elincia is no longer in this world.

Everyone is distraught by this. I am the only one able to stay calm. I have lost many friends down in the sewers, and am accustomed to death. But to the rest of the group, it is new and taxing for them, losing a comrade like this.

Yune is preparing to return to the garden to lay Elincia’s body to rest. After that, well, we shall see what happens and take things as they come. That is all anyone can do.

I was finally out of the circular prison, but found myself in a different place to where I entered. It was dark and constricting. Not much room to move without hitting a metal railing. And was that the sound of water?

But worst of all, there was no sand here! How was I supposed to make my sculptures without the basic building blocks?

Meanwhile these bats kept swooping down and trying to suck my blood. A few quick bites help scare them off, but another one would always take its place.

There was a cat out here too, fighting the rodents, of both the winged and un-winged variety. They looked familiar… Ah yes, they had been with the Petilil from before!

I approached them, trying to strike up conversation. I discovered that I was in the Castelia sewers, and that much to my dismay, the Petilil from before had perished. I had so wanted her to see the finished pine tree too…

It seems I had been recruited into a quest to travel across the land in collection of some badges. A strange silent Sunkern was holding two already. They were nice, but hardly as impressive as the glowing pine fruit. Still, imagine what other amazing inspiration I could get traveling with them? I might even see one of these trees with my own eyes!

After Elincia’s funeral, we all decided that we should keep going, at least for now.

We left the Sewers and explored the rest of the city. Ilyana was really down, hardly noticing anything around us anymore. I need to find a way to cheer everyone up, but how can I do that when I’m just as sad?

Anyway, We met a scientist who gave us a weird rock, which Yune gave to me. It made me feel as if I was made of steel! And then all that was left was to fight the green Jim from before.

Because Ilyana was still so down, I offered to take the lead this time. We fought a few clowns in the Jim building, which was kinda weird. Why was everyone a clown? They couldn’t cheer up the rest of the group though. And I don’t blame them. Clowns aren’t funny at the best of times.

Anyway, we made to through the strange silk and to the leader. He was an artist, like Stefan. Only he used paint and not sand for his art. And it kinda didn’t look like what he said it was supposed to be.

So I fought him. He said he had a Dwebble, which was worrying, since I can’t fight them well, but Yune had a good plan for me.
    I curled up and strengthened my defence before the Dwebble showed up, and with the strange rock to help, I could barely feel a thing from their attacks. Then my Firey-tackle-attack took out all of Jim’s pokemon with ease.

This should have felt better. We won, so why hasn’t it eased the sadness?

Team:
    Spoiler:

Party:
    Spoiler:

Tepig♂ - Edward
    LV.26 Naughty Nature.
    Item: Eviolite
    Return
    Rollout
    Flame Charge
    Defense Curl

Flaaffy♀ - Ilyana
    LV.22 Quirky Nature.
    Item: Leftovers
    Charge
    Growl
    Thunder Wave
    Thunder Shock

Purrloin♀ - Lethe
    LV.19 Careful Nature.
    Item: None
    Thief
    Growl
    Fury Swipes
    Sand-Attack

Sunkern♀ - Micaiah
    LV.4 Hasty Nature.
    Absorb
    Growth
    Ingrain

Rattata♀ - Marcia
    LV.16 Calm Nature.
    Focus Energy
    Bite
    Pursuit
    Hyper Fang

Sandile♂ - Stefan
    LV.18 Bashful Nature.
    Bite
    Sand-Attack
    Torment
    Sand Tomb

Boxed:
    Spoiler:

Elekid♀ - Fiona
    LV.10 Mild Nature.
    Quick Attack
    Leer
    Thunder Shock
    Low Kick

Dead:
    Spoiler:

Petilil♀ - Elincia
    LV.17 Timid Nature.
    Item: Miracle Seed
    Growth
    Leech Seed
    Sleep Powder
    Mega Drain

GCEA Stats

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Man that sucks you lost Elincia so quickly. Petilil can be such good Pokémon team members too. But your current team still looks good so I'm sure you'll do well with the next gym.
    /// /