Thread: Memory

Memory

How good is your memory? Are you someone who never has to write any plans or anything doencand can still remember whatcha you need to do? Or do you have to have a planner?

I’m normally okay with not having to write things down because income anxious about everything so i tend to remember things. But lately I can’t even remember what day it is. I also forgot to turn In some assignments which is so unlike me???

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Some things I can remember so easily, while there are other things I can't remember for the life of me. It's very 50/50 for some reason.

Administrator

Very mixed for me really. Some things are easier to remember than others. Like, it’s a snap. Or if someone asks about something I have no clue how to respond it (even if I know) it’s sometimes hard to know what to say. Things I know I WANT to remember I try and write down if I can.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Saaaame. I realised that I'm terrible at recalling movies or TV shows that I've watched once, especially if it's a while ago. But the same person I saw a movie with months later will be like "Haha remember this?" and I'll stare blank-faced. XD

On the other hand, I remember stuff that nobody else seems to remember until I bring it up. My memory is involuntarily selective.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

My memory is kinda meh, i don't remember a lot of stuff but I'll remember the most random details. The exception is when it comes to studying, for some reason I've never had to study much to retain information.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

My short-term memory's absolutely dreadful, I can't remember anything I'd normally remind myself to do, so I have to put alarms on my phone the second I realise I'll need to do something at a later point in time.

However, my long-term memory is pretty good, to the point where I can remember stuff from when I was 2 and 3 (not a lot, but a fair few memories). Everyone always comments on how they can't remember being a kid half as well as I can, but where the real weirdness comes into play is that most of these memories are third-person, and that rings true for even the more recent memories of mine. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

My memory is utter garbage. I barely remember my childhood even through high school, and I only graduated about 4 years ago. And for my short-term, it's not uncommon for me to leave a room and forget what I was doing in the first place. I have a basic idea of what has happened throughout most of my life, but almost no real conscious memories.

I'd say that my memory is fairly good for the most part, although I do tend to make little post-it notes to remind myself about pretty important stuff from time to time.

Although I currently keep a list of on-going/eventual art projects that I'm either working on or would like to eventually tackle. Lately the more large-scale projects take me several months or more to finally get around to, so keeping a note of a cool scene is super handy. I'd kick myself if I had a killer idea that I'd like to draw and later forgot about it because I didn't write it down! ;^;

- Keep trying - Keep smiling - Keep climbing -