Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What aspect of Pokemon did you get into first?

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

What aspect of Pokemon did you get into first?

Games, anime, manga, TCG, etc? What did you start with?
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The first handbook! My brother got it through the school's book club ordering program. I used to love that thing. All my pocket money went to getting Pokemon books. xD It was like 1998, I think? Maybe early '99 before the anime came out? It was before the anime, because I already knew every pokemon before the anime came out. (Except Ho-oh obviously. That confused me.)

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Anime. It came first here so when my brother and I got into the anime. We were thrilled to see a game based on it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Anime. It came first here so when my brother and I got into the anime. We were thrilled to see a game based on it.
    Well, technically it's the anime that is based on the games, not the other way around. Unless you were talking specifically about Yellow, which IS based on the anime specifically.

Anyway, I first got into Pokemon via the anime too, and it wasn't actually until Gen 3 that I started playing any of the games, as my parents were very anti-videogame for years XD

I got into the games, and then found the show on TV.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Well, technically it's the anime that is based on the games, not the other way around. Unless you were talking specifically about Yellow, which IS based on the anime specifically.

Anyway, I first got into Pokemon via the anime too, and it wasn't actually until Gen 3 that I started playing any of the games, as my parents were very anti-videogame for years XD
    I was more on how it was released here. Where the anime came first and the games came out next. It was the total opposite in Japan where the game came first then the anime.

The time is upon us...

I was more on how it was released here. Where the anime came first and the games came out next. It was the total opposite in Japan where the game came first then the anime.
    Well, yes, but since the franchise originates from Japan then the anime was still the one based on the games, not the other way around.

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Well, yes, but since the franchise originates from Japan then the anime was still the one based on the games, not the other way around.
    I know, I'm just saying it how my brother and I came about it back when it hit the states is all. Not how it literally and actually is/was.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

Oddly enough, it was first the anime. I saw them in all their animated glory and I couldn't help but think how cool it would be to have this guy or that guy as one of my own.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

I know, I'm just saying it how my brother and I came about it back when it hit the states is all. Not how it literally and actually is/was.
    Ah, okay. I think you meant that to used "tied-in" instead of "based", then.