Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What aspect of Pokemon did you get into first?

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Really obscure merchandise. Like, really obscure. It started off when I saw someone at a family party with a big Pikachu hat, then the next year me and my brother both got these weird binder things with calendars other stuff inside (as well as a Hamtaro one). Then a couple of years after that I got into the anime, just in time to get the first movie on video before we had DVDs. And then I got my GBA and started playing through Emerald; if I wasn't a fan before I got Emerald, I was 110% a fan after it. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Pride of the Yevetha Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    I got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Gold Version for my sixth birthday, but going back even further: I was at a friend's birthday party when I was five or so, and I got a pack of German-language Pokemon cards from the Team Rocket Expansion and I still have the very first Pokemon card that I got: Dunkles Flamara (Dark Flareon)
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

The artist formerly known as Phantasm.Angel

I believe I first got into it when my grandmother bought me Pokemon Yellow when I was 5 years old.

i can't remember if i got into the original anime first or the games because i had a neighbor who introduced me to the games around the same time i started watching the anime

For me, I did a complete 180 on Pokemon.
    Back when Boomerang was still a channel on UK TV, I used to get annoyed that Pokemon was regularly on and I hated it. I never had any intention of playing the games, in fact, I wasn't even a nintendo player. I was a Playstation player at that time.

When I was maybe 10, I had an asthma attack and was hospitalised for about 4 days or so. One day, this guy came in giving teddies to all the kids on the wards and he came to me and gave me an old Pikachu teddy. I still have it and I love it. It's back before Pikachu was put on a diet so he's quite plump and chubby. I ended up not wanting it because it was Pokemon and I really disliked Pokemon but I took it as they were being kind and I sort of just left it alone when I got out of hospital. Then I started going to a holiday club over the school holidays run at my school where kids would go and be looked after by people whilst parents needed to work over the summer. I think that was probably the best time of my life to be fair. I don't speak to anyone from there anymore which saddens me but it was where I made so many good friends and I was popular there for once compared to normal school.

That was around the time Gen 4 first came out and everyone there was playing it, except me. My friends would let me watch and eventually, as kids do, I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and get it myself. And the rest is history. I don't really watch the anime or read the manga but I'm very invested in the games and lore of Pokemon now.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Technically the cards but we never played like you were supposed to. The the show and then the games.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire