Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: GCEA Team Galactic Diamond Version (Sign-Up)

  1. #1

    GCEA Team Galactic Diamond Version (Sign-Up)



    You are a victim of chance. Without your consent or agreement beings of greater power have flipped a coin and you were on the losing end. You were sucked into a chain of events that escapes your understanding. In this whirlwind of chaos, many others have been stolen from their homeworlds and pulled through wormholes to be brought here to this worlds version of Sinnoh in the present day. This new world you are in is not yours but you would be hard pressed to point out any real differences without further inspection. To further add to the confusion the wormholes that brought you here left you in a precarious situation. Shortly before you arrived a group of trainers like you were involved in an act that has them wanted. Public perception of those events have turned to fear of these outsiders. You are now in a world that is more afraid of you than you of it. A world that seeks to find you and control you. This is not a time to be alone.

    Thats where we come in. We are Team Galactic and we are to here to help you out. We believe that you are special and have something of value to offer. We have sought you out in hopes that we can bring you into our organization to help us unravel this mystery. Team Galactic has to operate outside of the laws to protect people from themselves.


    Sign-Up Form:
    Spoiler:

    Story Version: (Diamon/Pearl)
    Name:
    Age:
    Gender:
    Appearance: ( Includes Hair Color, Clothing style)
    Height/Weight:
    Personality: (Include Temperament and disposition)
    Personal Traits that describe your character: ( Happy, Silly, Smart, Mean, Shifty)
    Backstory: (required info- This section is extremely important because events will be added into the story based on your character and their goals and background.)
    1. Family:
    2. Pokemon experience:
    3. Past experience that has defined your character:
    4. Special Talents ( You may requestion unique talents or abilities based on the request the staff will consider it)
    Special Pokemon: (This is a bonus feature where you can list a pokemon that is special to your characters history and backstory that will be unlocked able if it's within reason. The exception being Kanto based pokemon and any evolutions from a Kanto based pokemon)
    Personal Goals:
    Pet Peeves:
    Region: (Where was your character was born.)
    Favorite Pokemon:
    Favorite Type:


    What starter Pokemon: (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)
    Drawing or Writing: (GCEA has events and we normally break them up into two groups. Which do you have access to or are more comfortable with?)
    Contest Starter: ( For those of you who enter the writing submission you will be able to claim a starter from the region you picked)
    Side Notes:


    Form
    What Sinnoh starter Pokemon:
    What Contest Starter:
    Drawing or Writing:
    Side Notes:




    Example of a Sign-up Sheet:

    Version: Diamond
    Name: Lucian Stewart
    Age: 18
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Lucian has an unconventional look, he looks like a punk rocker from the 1980s. He has a bright blue mohawk and a clean-shaven head. He has deep blue eyes that are very kind. He has tribal Water Clan tattoos that run up both arms. The tattoo is unrecognizable to all those not from his island chain in Hoenn. He wears a waterproof vest that is meant to protect his valuables
    Height/Weight: 5'7" , 150 Ponds
    Personality: Lucian can come off as a little distracted. Once he sets his mind on something it is very difficult to get him to focus on anything else. Since he grew up in a single parent household his old brother was his role model. He adapted to complement his brother by being the one to make sure everything that was needed was taken care of. When his brother passed away he was forced to take on both of their roles which brother out a more aggressive version of his personality. Lucian is not a fighter by choice but he does not back down. He is very passionate and very loyal.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Focused, Relaxed, A little Rash with judgment calls, slightly obsessive with things he can't lose, objective and open-minded.
    Backstory: Lucian is a GCEA legend and one of four known trainers to be given a second chance at life by Arceus. Lucian and his team saved not only saved Hoenn in his world but helped stop the planet from being taken over by an evil being whose name shall not be said. Lucian's whole journey started and ended with his brother Colden becoming infected and in the end died in peace. Lucian has a close connection with the spirit of Kygore. A girl named Kya who Lucian also lost in the end events of Shadow Wars. Lucian was transported into this world with Jacob. He is unsure what his other friends choose to do.
    1. Family: None sadly, Being in a different dimension and losing his brother and his mother (She is alive in his old dimension) he is alone in this new world.
    2. Pokemon experience: Lucian collected all the Hoenn badges as well as mastering Mega Evolution. He is familiar with a variety of pokemon but specializes in water pokemon.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Losing his brother twice is the biggest thing that ways on his conscious. But losing potentially the love of his life Kya keeps him up at night. Lucian is plagued with the sacrifice that he made that cost him the world he fought so hard to save. Losing his partner Frost and all his pokemon partners crushed him. Lucian is defined by all that he has lost.
    4. Lucian's Special ability: Lucian is connected to the Water Tribe and has a strong bound to water pokemon. Lucian can sense water pokemon. He is also adapt that swimming and can hold his breath much longer than other humans can.
    Special Pokemon: While he was connected to Kyogre and Keldeo Lucain has no connections in the current timeline.
    Personal Goals: To find a missing friend who he can sense in the new world.
    Pet Peeves: Hateful People, Greedy people, Humans who destory the natural world for profit, Shadow Pokemon
    Region: Hoenn
    Favorite Pokemon: Froakie, Piplup
    Favorite Type: Water
    Relationship: None
    GCEA Diamond or Pearl: Diamond
    What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Contest Starter: Mudkip
    Drawing or Writing: I love to draw but I can crack out a poorly written story here and there ;)
    Side Notes:
    Lucian will not be a main character. Just a character that will appear in the story.



    The Sign-Up form is under the spoiler tag. When filling out the Sign-Up form it is important to remember the character you pick will be the character you use in the game. Below are a couple of other things to keep in mind.

    Things to Remember
    *Your character must be between 16-20
    *No swearing, Weapons or extreme violence. ( There will be moments in the story where violence will take place but this will be limited.) No swearing as it breaks forum rules. However, beyond swearing, the personality and language of your character are up to you.
    *Team Galactic is a criminal organization so your character will resort to things like petty theft at a minimum. A righteous goody goody will not work in this story. (Expect being a possible spy or someone who betrays Team Galactic but that has to be cleared with me through PM.)
    * Since you have traveled through a wormhole you can't run into yourself or family.
    *You can be from any Region including Sinnoh in your homeworld.
    *No characters will be from the current world. You will be entering this world alone and without any friends, families or otherwise.
    *No super-powered characters, you can not be an expert battler as that would not fit in with the story. Remember you are a starting trainer.
    *You can have an NPC that tags along either yourself or a friend who is also playing if you get it approved.
    *There will be direct consequences to your actions. Team Galactic is mostly hidden. So drawing too much attention and risks ruining a mission will result in a reaction from local law and Team Galactic hireups

    Approved Sign Ups






    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    ....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......


  2. #2





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    ....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......


  3. #3
    Original GCEA Member brandon_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    GCEA Section
    Posts
    1,458
    Story Version: Not sure what to put here
    Name: Brandon (Nickname Knuckles)
    Age: 17
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, when not in team galactic uniform he likes to wear a tshirt and sweat pants.
    Height/Weight: 6" weighs about 200 pounds
    Personality: Brandon is a tough witted know it all how who loves a good fight, he never backs down from a fight no matter how unlikely he is to win. He shows now mercy to his opponents and will do whatever it takes to win a fight or battle.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Brazen, Bold, Smart Aleck, Mean, Manipulative and sneaky when he needs to be
    Backstory: In his previous life before being a grunt, he lived in he Kanto region. He was always manipulating people to get what he wanted and if they wouldn't give him what he wanted, he push them around or beat them until he got what he wanted. He was thrown out of every middle and high school he had ever been in, up until he dropped out of school and moved to Sinnoh two years ago to live with his uncle until he passed away a year ago. Now he is supposed to live in a foster home, but he never there cause he runs away all the time. His real family is Team Galactic now and he spends his time doing dirty work for Team Galactic and he enjoys every bit of it.

    1. Family: Mom and a sister who still in Sinnoh. Has one uncle who he lived with in Sinnoh until he died. He nows lives in a foster home in Sinnoh
    2. Pokemon experience: Just what he has acquired from stealing little kids pokemon in school and also what he has learned in his small amount of time with Galactic. Consider him beginner level still.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: As mentioned before, Brandon was the local tough guy, he was the school bully since age 13. This is primarily the result of his Dad passing away when he was 12 and the year of grief that followed led him to fall in with the wrong crowd and become the bully he become.
    4. Special Talents: None
    Special Pokemon: None
    Personal Goals: To be the best fighter and team galactic grunt ever. Hopes to be promoted in the future.
    Pet Peeves: Weaklings and people who are treat their pokemon like their family or like pets. They are nothing more then a tool to be used to get what you want, nothing more, nothing less. Stop treating them like pets people!
    Region: Kanto
    Favorite Pokemon: Anything with fire!
    Favorite Type: FIRE!
    Starter pokemon: Chimchar
    Last edited by brandon_g; 05-26-2019 at 04:27 AM.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com


    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

  4. This post has been liked by:

    Lychee 

  5. #4
    Darkness will rise to bring the light.
    Shruikan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Sapwing Village
    Posts
    1,406
    Story Version: Galactic
    Name: Isaac “Specter” Pemberton
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Isaac has pale skin, messy medium length straw coloured hair and green eyes. He normally wears expensive black shirts and grey trousers. He is often seen wearing a large dark-grey backpack which contains his “Stage outfit”

    As the Specter he wears a sharp white tailcoat and leggings, accompanied by a white domino-style mask shaped like a pair of feathery wings. His hair is neatened up and more slicked, and if he doesn’t anticipate needing to crawl through tight spaces he adds a white top hat fascinator.

    As Isaac, he tends to slouch and blend into the background, and in general give the impression that he’d rather be somewhere else, whereas the Specter is upright and suave, drawing your attention and keeping it with his flamboyant gestures.

    Height/Weight: 5’9, 146 lbs.
    Personality:
    Isaac has never been good at the regal thing, acting out of turn more like a peasant than a person of such wealth and stature. However his upbringing shows through at time, and he always expects to get his own way, being surprised when money can’t solve every problem.

    He is determined, and is dedicated to success, planning out and learning as much as possible before any given mission, and never giving up after a failure, keeping at a job until completion, sometimes to his detriment, as he has a hard time letting things go.
    As an addition to that, he is sometimes petty and will hold a grudge near indefinitely, getting revenge for even the smallest slight.

    He’s always put himself as top priority, and wouldn’t hesitate to throw allies under the bus either for the sake of the mission or just to save his own skin.

    He also likes to challenge himself, refusing jobs that he considers beneath him, as though he’s got something to prove.

    While he is okay taking orders, he doesn’t like people who abuse their power over others, and only works for others when absolutely necessary.

    He also avoids any unnecessary violence, preferring to sneak away when possible.

    Personal Traits that describe your character: Driven, Attention Seeker, Rebel, Vindictive.

    Backstory: From the day he was born, Isaac’s life was dictated by his father. He wasn’t allowed pokemon of his own, as they were a symbol of status and not to be played with or used in battles. He was trained in gymnastics and fencing ever day, regardless of how much he complained or tried to wheedle out of it.

    He met a Zorua in the streets one day, and the two became friends. The Zorua would help him play tricks on his teachers and parents.

    One day when he snuck off from his fencing class, he saw a battle at the Phenac Colosseum. Watching the high-level competition, something within him stirred, and he knew that this was his calling.

    He borrowed some pokemon from the servants, and began to learn how to battle, practicing with other new trainers in Phenac, but he was quickly found by his father, who banned him from such pointless wastes of time.

    Isaac however was undeterred. Breaking into his family’s funds, he purchased some combat-ready pokemon under the guise of them being status symbols and began to sneak off to Pyrite town, entering the Colloseum battles there under the guise of a masked trainer called The Specter, while his Zorua imitated him back at home so as to avoid suspicion.

    At first he was terrible, being the laughingstock of the town. The clueless ponce who barely knew the basics of battling. But he learned from his failures, and over time began to improve, though never quite reaching the heights he dreamed of.

    After one tournament, he was approached by a group called Cipher, who were looking to recruit trainers like him. To Isaac’s surprise, they knew not only who he was, but that he was a trained gymnast too, and that despite his questionable battling skills, his key skills made up for it.

    A few days later, Isaac returned home to find his father waiting furiously for him. He had discovered the Zorua’s ruse, and as punishment confiscated all Isaac’s pokemon indefinitely, including sending away the Zorua to an undisclosed location, simply stating that Isaac no longer needed to worry about it, and confining him to the manor until further notice.

    That was the last straw. Isaac donned the Specter guise once more, and using his knowledge of the house he broke into the storeroom and took back his pokemon, along with his father’s prized trophy Ninetails, leaving a note from the Specter in their place, before leaving home to take up Cipher’s offer.

    Upon joining, he worked mainly as a thief, getting things without being noticed. Using the Specter persona, he was able to distance his connection with Cipher, allowing them to target high-profile targets without revealing themselves.

    He left calling cards at his victims, and began to make some thefts on his own to further distance himself from Cipher in the public eye, while slowly making a name for himself as a new Phantom Thief, while his Cipher connections silenced any chance of his family revealing his true identity.

    1. Family: Aside from his parents, Isaac has twin younger siblings, Joan and Julian.
    While he isn’t really close, he has some affection for them, while they look up to him as an idol. After leaving home he periodically sends home gifts to them, such as pokemon and items he no longer needs.

    He is distant from his parents, having been at odds with his father’s vision of what he should be since the day he was born, and never getting close to his mother, who hired servants to raise him and in his eyes never stood up for him against his father.

    2. Pokemon experience: When he was 13 he found a Zorua and semi adopted it, but once he was found out using it’s help to sneak away to the colosseums by his father, it was taken away and he never saw it again.
    After meeting the Zorua, he frequently snuck out to watch colosseum battles, eventually buying a team of pokemon and entering them himself, throwing himself in at the deep end but slowly rising through the ranks to become one of the most notable up and coming trainers in Pyrite.

    3. Past experience that has defined your character: When he was 13 he began to frequently sneak away from the manor, on one such trip he saw his first Colloseum battle, leading to his love for pokemon battling.
    After he was found out, his father banned him from pokemon battles, leading to his development of the Specter persona and obtaining his own pokemon.
    Then there was the time his pokemon were confiscated, leading to him cutting ties with his family and accepting Cipher’s previous offer.

    When his pokemon were taken, with the Zorua not being officially his, he never found out where his father sent it, and it’s loss caused him to avoid making connection with any more pokemon, instead treating them more as temporary allies that companions or friends.

    4. Special Talents: Due to his mandatory training, Isaac is skilled in Gymnastics and Acrobatics, which help him greatly in infiltration missions. He has basic fencing skills, though he payed little attention and snuck from lessons away many times.
    Special Pokemon: Zorua?
    Personal Goals: To become so famous that everyone would know the tales of the master thief Specter.
    Pet Peeves:
    Being told what he can and can’t do. People who make a mess and don’t tidy up after themselves. Inaccurate heist films. Heavily opinionated people.
    Region: Orre
    Favorite Pokemon: Zorua
    Favorite Type: Dark


    What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Drawing or Writing: Drawing mainly, but both.
    Contest Starter:
    Is this a part of Galactic? Uhh, Eevee I guess?
    Side Notes: In Isaac’s world Ein never developed Shadow Pokemon, so Cipher stayed in the shadows and their existence is unknown to the world at large.



  6. This post has been liked by:


  7. #5
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,256
    This took way more effort than it should have. I've written backstories several times longer in half the time.

    Story Version: Galactic Diamond
    Name: Luke Anderson
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Luke stands at about 5'9 and weighs 146 pounds. He has an average build. He has short and wavy dark brown hair, greenish hazel eyes, and moderately light skin. He typically wears loose fitting jeans and plain T-shirts. Usually, he wears neutral or dull colored clothes.
    Personality: Luke tends to come across as apathetic. His apparent lack of emotion makes it difficult to tell how he's really feeling. He lacks motivation, not seeing the point in putting a lot of effort into things. He avoids conflict as much as possible. He tends to be quiet and not say more than he needs to, but will open up if the conversation involves something he has an interest in. He often likes to cite facts and statistics from books he's read.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Apathetic, quiet
    Backstory: Luke was born in Oreburgh City, Sinnoh. His father worked long hours in the Oreburgh mines, and was often not around. Growing up, he was always causing trouble, frequently picking fights with other students. As he got older, he preferred to just skip school, finding it easier to just avoid other people all together. Often instead of attending school he would find himself reading at the library. Although he would do okay in school when he actually tried, he felt little motivation to do so. His parents would always scold him and ask him why he couldn't be more like his sister.

    Eventually, Luke's sister managed to knock some sense into him. Luke realized that things couldn't keep going the way they were forever. He decided that he would study to become a programmer. With hard work he managed to make up for his past failure enough to get accepted to college for Computer Science.

    Luke found college more difficult than he had expected. He struggled his way through his first year with moderate success. During his summer break however, his father was killed in an accident at the mines. Luke entered a state of depression, and upon returning to school found that he no longer had any motivation left. His performance steadily declined, and he eventually dropped out of college. With little hope for the future, he locked himself in his room, wasting the days away playing video games and listening to heavy metal until the day the wormhole took him.
    1. Family:
    May, Luke's older sister who he greatly respects. Currently studying to become a biologist.
    Luke's Father, who works in the Oreburgh mines.
    Luke's mother, who works in someplace, idk.
    2. Pokemon experience: Minimal direct experience with Pokemon, although he has read about them
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Luke's sister is the only thing that was ever able to motivate him to try to accomplish anything.
    4. Special Talents: Luke knows how to do simple programming.
    Special Pokemon: Arceus
    Personal Goals: Don't die
    Pet Peeves: People who don't know when to give up
    Region: Sinnoh
    Favorite Pokemon: Porygon
    Favorite Type: Steel
    What starter Pokemon: Chimchar
    Drawing or Writing: idk
    Contest Starter: idk what this is
    Side Notes: Luke can often be found wearing earbuds and listening to heavy metal music. Luke reads a lot, and remembers a lot of random information from books he's read.

    I feel like the whole unmotivated thing could raise some concerns, but I promise not to let it be a situation of "Go on a mission? nah, I'd rather just sit here and sleep."

  8. This post has been liked by:

    Lychee 

  9. #6
    Experienced Trainer Lychee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    429
    I'm hoping that I don't have to do another signup!
    I can update Palilas one and post it up here if you like?

  10. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    I'm hoping that I don't have to do another signup!
    I can update Palilas one and post it up here if you like?
    Lol no you dont. I said that multiple times :p





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    ....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......


  11. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
    Story Version: Not sure what to put here
    Name: Brandon (Nickname Knuckles)
    Age: 17
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Brown hair, blue eyes, when not in team galactic uniform he likes to wear a tshirt and sweat pants.
    Height/Weight: 6" weighs about 200 pounds
    Personality: Brandon is a tough witted know it all how who loves a good fight, he never backs down from a fight no matter how unlikely he is to win. He shows now mercy to his opponents and will do whatever it takes to win a fight or battle.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Brazen, Bold, Smart Aleck, Mean, Manipulative and sneaky when he needs to be
    Backstory: In his previous life before being a grunt, he lived in he Kanto region. He was always manipulating people to get what he wanted and if they wouldn't give him what he wanted, he push them around or beat them until he got what he wanted. He was thrown out of every middle and high school he had ever been in, up until he dropped out of school and moved to Sinnoh two years ago to live with his uncle until he passed away a year ago. Now he is supposed to live in a foster home, but he never there cause he runs away all the time. His real family is Team Galactic now and he spends his time doing dirty work for Team Galactic and he enjoys every bit of it.

    1. Family: Mom and a sister who still in Sinnoh. Has one uncle who he lived with in Sinnoh uncle he died. He nows lives in a foster home in Sinnoh
    2. Pokemon experience: Just what he has acquired from stealing little kids pokemon in school and also what he has learned in his small amount of time with Galactic. Consider him beginner level still.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: As mentioned before, Brandon was the local tough guy, he was the school bully since age 13. This is primarily the result of his Dad passing away when he was 12 and the year of grief that followed led him to fall in with the wrong crowd and become the bully he become.
    4. Special Talents: None, the only request I ask is that you allow me to carry over the pocket knife I have from my kanto character, he wont use it violently, but he will use it to intimidate people as needed.
    Special Pokemon: None
    Personal Goals: To be the best fighter and team galactic grunt ever. Hopes to be promoted in the future.
    Pet Peeves: Weaklings and people who are treat their pokemon like their family or like pets. They are nothing more then a tool to be used to get what you want, nothing more, nothing less. Stop treating them like pets people!
    Region: Kanto
    Favorite Pokemon: Anything with fire!
    Favorite Type: FIRE!
    Starter pokemon: Chimchar
    Remove the knife and you are ready to be approved





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    ....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......


  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Story Version: Galactic
    Name: Isaac “Specter” Pemberton
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Isaac has pale skin, messy medium length straw coloured hair and green eyes. He normally wears expensive black shirts and grey trousers. He is often seen wearing a large dark-grey backpack which contains his “Stage outfit”

    As the Specter he wears a sharp white tailcoat and leggings, accompanied by a white domino-style mask shaped like a pair of feathery wings. His hair is neatened up and more slicked, and if he doesn’t anticipate needing to crawl through tight spaces he adds a white top hat fascinator.

    As Isaac, he tends to slouch and blend into the background, and in general give the impression that he’d rather be somewhere else, whereas the Specter is upright and suave, drawing your attention and keeping it with his flamboyant gestures.

    Height/Weight: 5’9, 146 lbs.
    Personality:
    Isaac has never been good at the regal thing, acting out of turn more like a peasant than a person of such wealth and stature. However his upbringing shows through at time, and he always expects to get his own way, being surprised when money can’t solve every problem.

    He is determined, and is dedicated to success, planning out and learning as much as possible before any given mission, and never giving up after a failure, keeping at a job until completion, sometimes to his detriment, as he has a hard time letting things go.
    As an addition to that, he is sometimes petty and will hold a grudge near indefinitely, getting revenge for even the smallest slight.

    He’s always put himself as top priority, and wouldn’t hesitate to throw allies under the bus either for the sake of the mission or just to save his own skin.

    He also likes to challenge himself, refusing jobs that he considers beneath him, as though he’s got something to prove.

    While he is okay taking orders, he doesn’t like people who abuse their power over others, and only works for others when absolutely necessary.

    He also avoids any unnecessary violence, preferring to sneak away when possible.

    Personal Traits that describe your character: Driven, Attention Seeker, Rebel, Vindictive.

    Backstory: From the day he was born, Isaac’s life was dictated by his father. He wasn’t allowed pokemon of his own, as they were a symbol of status and not to be played with or used in battles. He was trained in gymnastics and fencing ever day, regardless of how much he complained or tried to wheedle out of it.

    He met a Zorua in the streets one day, and the two became friends. The Zorua would help him play tricks on his teachers and parents.

    One day when he snuck off from his fencing class, he saw a battle at the Phenac Colosseum. Watching the high-level competition, something within him stirred, and he knew that this was his calling.

    He borrowed some pokemon from the servants, and began to learn how to battle, practicing with other new trainers in Phenac, but he was quickly found by his father, who banned him from such pointless wastes of time.

    Isaac however was undeterred. Breaking into his family’s funds, he purchased some combat-ready pokemon under the guise of them being status symbols and began to sneak off to Pyrite town, entering the Colloseum battles there under the guise of a masked trainer called The Specter, while his Zorua imitated him back at home so as to avoid suspicion.

    At first he was terrible, being the laughingstock of the town. The clueless ponce who barely knew the basics of battling. But he learned from his failures, and over time began to improve, though never quite reaching the heights he dreamed of.

    After one tournament, he was approached by a group called Cipher, who were looking to recruit trainers like him. To Isaac’s surprise, they knew not only who he was, but that he was a trained gymnast too, and that despite his questionable battling skills, his key skills made up for it.

    A few days later, Isaac returned home to find his father waiting furiously for him. He had discovered the Zorua’s ruse, and as punishment confiscated all Isaac’s pokemon indefinitely, including sending away the Zorua to an undisclosed location, simply stating that Isaac no longer needed to worry about it, and confining him to the manor until further notice.

    That was the last straw. Isaac donned the Specter guise once more, and using his knowledge of the house he broke into the storeroom and took back his pokemon, along with his father’s prized trophy Ninetails, leaving a note from the Specter in their place, before leaving home to take up Cipher’s offer.

    Upon joining, he worked mainly as a thief, getting things without being noticed. Using the Specter persona, he was able to distance his connection with Cipher, allowing them to target high-profile targets without revealing themselves.

    He left calling cards at his victims, and began to make some thefts on his own to further distance himself from Cipher in the public eye, while slowly making a name for himself as a new Phantom Thief, while his Cipher connections silenced any chance of his family revealing his true identity.

    1. Family: Aside from his parents, Isaac has twin younger siblings, Joan and Julian.
    While he isn’t really close, he has some affection for them, while they look up to him as an idol. After leaving home he periodically sends home gifts to them, such as pokemon and items he no longer needs.

    He is distant from his parents, having been at odds with his father’s vision of what he should be since the day he was born, and never getting close to his mother, who hired servants to raise him and in his eyes never stood up for him against his father.

    2. Pokemon experience: When he was 13 he found a Zorua and semi adopted it, but once he was found out using it’s help to sneak away to the colosseums by his father, it was taken away and he never saw it again.
    After meeting the Zorua, he frequently snuck out to watch colosseum battles, eventually buying a team of pokemon and entering them himself, throwing himself in at the deep end but slowly rising through the ranks to become one of the most notable up and coming trainers in Pyrite.

    3. Past experience that has defined your character: When he was 13 he began to frequently sneak away from the manor, on one such trip he saw his first Colloseum battle, leading to his love for pokemon battling.
    After he was found out, his father banned him from pokemon battles, leading to his development of the Specter persona and obtaining his own pokemon.
    Then there was the time his pokemon were confiscated, leading to him cutting ties with his family and accepting Cipher’s previous offer.

    When his pokemon were taken, with the Zorua not being officially his, he never found out where his father sent it, and it’s loss caused him to avoid making connection with any more pokemon, instead treating them more as temporary allies that companions or friends.

    4. Special Talents: Due to his mandatory training, Isaac is skilled in Gymnastics and Acrobatics, which help him greatly in infiltration missions. He has basic fencing skills, though he payed little attention and snuck from lessons away many times.
    Special Pokemon: Zorua?
    Personal Goals: To become so famous that everyone would know the tales of the master thief Specter.
    Pet Peeves:
    Being told what he can and can’t do. People who make a mess and don’t tidy up after themselves. Inaccurate heist films. Heavily opinionated people.
    Region: Orre
    Favorite Pokemon: Zorua
    Favorite Type: Dark


    What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Drawing or Writing: Drawing mainly, but both.
    Contest Starter:
    Is this a part of Galactic? Uhh, Eevee I guess?
    Side Notes: In Isaac’s world Ein never developed Shadow Pokemon, so Cipher stayed in the shadows and their existence is unknown to the world at large.

    My main concern is the inclusion of shadow pokemon. GCEA covered the Colosseum timeline already in past cannon. Meaning that Cipher and Shadow pokemon could be a thing but the events of Orre happend 20 plus years ago. They would have happened before he was born. Unless Isaacs character is from a world that is still at that point. If you want the Orre storyline to be part of his backstory then Isaac will not only be in a different universe but he will technically be in his 30s. (Maybe not physically but when he finds out the date.)





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    ....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......


  13. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    This took way more effort than it should have. I've written backstories several times longer in half the time.

    Story Version: Galactic Diamond
    Name: Luke Anderson
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male
    Appearance: Luke stands at about 5'9 and weighs 146 pounds. He has an average build. He has short and wavy dark brown hair, greenish hazel eyes, and moderately light skin. He typically wears loose fitting jeans and plain T-shirts. Usually, he wears neutral or dull colored clothes.
    Personality: Luke tends to come across as apathetic. His apparent lack of emotion makes it difficult to tell how he's really feeling. He lacks motivation, not seeing the point in putting a lot of effort into things. He avoids conflict as much as possible. He tends to be quiet and not say more than he needs to, but will open up if the conversation involves something he has an interest in. He often likes to cite facts and statistics from books he's read.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Apathetic, quiet
    Backstory: Luke was born in Oreburgh City, Sinnoh. His father worked long hours in the Oreburgh mines, and was often not around. Growing up, he was always causing trouble, frequently picking fights with other students. As he got older, he preferred to just skip school, finding it easier to just avoid other people all together. Often instead of attending school he would find himself reading at the library. Although he would do okay in school when he actually tried, he felt little motivation to do so. His parents would always scold him and ask him why he couldn't be more like his sister.

    Eventually, Luke's sister managed to knock some sense into him. Luke realized that things couldn't keep going the way they were forever. He decided that he would study to become a programmer. With hard work he managed to make up for his past failure enough to get accepted to college for Computer Science.

    Luke found college more difficult than he had expected. He struggled his way through his first year with moderate success. During his summer break however, his father was killed in an accident at the mines. Luke entered a state of depression, and upon returning to school found that he no longer had any motivation left. His performance steadily declined, and he eventually dropped out of college. With little hope for the future, he locked himself in his room, wasting the days away playing video games and listening to heavy metal until the day the wormhole took him.
    1. Family:
    May, Luke's older sister who he greatly respects. Currently studying to become a biologist.
    Luke's Father, who works in the Oreburgh mines.
    Luke's mother, who works in someplace, idk.
    2. Pokemon experience: Minimal direct experience with Pokemon, although he has read about them
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Luke's sister is the only thing that was ever able to motivate him to try to accomplish anything.
    4. Special Talents: Luke knows how to do simple programming.
    Special Pokemon: Arceus
    Personal Goals: Don't die
    Pet Peeves: People who don't know when to give up
    Region: Sinnoh
    Favorite Pokemon: Porygon
    Favorite Type: Steel
    What starter Pokemon: Chimchar
    Drawing or Writing: idk
    Contest Starter: idk what this is
    Side Notes: Luke can often be found wearing earbuds and listening to heavy metal music. Luke reads a lot, and remembers a lot of random information from books he's read.

    I feel like the whole unmotivated thing could raise some concerns, but I promise not to let it be a situation of "Go on a mission? nah, I'd rather just sit here and sleep."

    Contest starter means that you will have the chance to have a starter pokemon with you when you enter this world. If that doesnt fit the story its fine. But you could have a starter or pokemon that you get cleared as a starter or partner with you.





    Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

    Spoiler:

    Gible bite's Comic


    GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

    ....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •