Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Trainer: Pat Drury
    Names of Pokemon: Charmander (X/X), Others
    Current Game Points: 1+1=2

---

"No need to salute, soldier. Knuckles and I are civilians. Welcome to Sinnoh."

"Sinn--!?" Pat caught herself before she could be reprimanded for backtalk.

Cautiously, Pat stood at ease. The boy in front of her, "Knuckles," looked unruly. He had a permanent scowl, the kind that gets you extra push-ups. No integrity. But Oberon was presentable: crisp, clean, and entirely out of place juxtaposed with the field of flowers.

Being in Sinnoh would explain the unfamiliar terrain. But it also would mean having fallen through some kind of portal or something. And that was definitely not likely. Of course, she was best in her troop, so maybe one of the Elites had taken notice and arranged something. But portal or no, this was a definitely test.

A third young man slouched up to them, surely he had heard the conversation too. Pat eyed him up and down.
    T-shirt. Denim jeans. No self respect.
    She sneered, matching Knuckles for just a second.

I'm definitely rolling with twerps.

"You two, come with us. You probably have questions."

Pat saluted again, accidentally. Sheepishly, she dropped her arm, ready to move, but Oberon only whistled for yet another boy, far in the distance.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Name: Luke Anderson
    Team: ---

Items: ---

Luke heard one of the three people calling to him. As he slowly made his way over, he kept thinking he could hear rustling in the grass behind him, but was unable to see anything. As he approached, he got a better look at everyone. The girl who was wearing some sort of uniform seemed to be giving him a weird look, but he payed her little mind.

"I do have questions." Luke said tiredly. The smaller of the two men seemed to know something about how he had suddenly ended up here, and it looked as though others were in the same situation as well. Oberon had mentioned that they were still in Sinnoh, meaning he couldn't be too far from home.

"For starters, how I got here. I was in my room about two minutes ago. I closed my eyes for a moment, and when I opened them, I was here." Luke explained. For a moment, he felt mildly annoyed as he remembered that whatever had brought him here had interrupted the best part of the song he was listening to.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Isaac Pemberton
    Pokemon:

Jewel ♂ (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon: N/A
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    None

Current Game Points: 15 (+1)

One of the people behind him let out a whistle.Crap, was that directed at me?

Isaac looked back at the group, which now had another person with them. Yes, the shorter guy had definitely noticed him. Well, sneaking off unnoticed was out.

He turned to face the others, folding his arms behind his head and giving them a sheepish grin.
    “Sorry man, I seem to have gotten separated from my friends. If you could just point me in the direction of the town.”
    He used his best Unovan accent, which admittedly wasn’t good, but hoping that he could pass as a tourist.
    “What was it called again? Sorry, it’s totally slipped my mind. I’m thinking it starts with an E? Maybe an F? Should’a brought a guidebook with me…”

While talking, he continued to subtly inch further from the others, preparing to dash at a moments notice.
    Last edited by Shruikan; 06-27-2019 at 08:51 AM.

GM POST

GM Story Info
    Current Location: Floaroma Town
    Description: A town that's beauty is known throughout the world. The flower gardens go for as far as the eye can see.
    Key Locations:
    Flower Shop: Open
    Pokemon Center: Open
    Route 7: Open
    Route 16: Closed
    Time: noon
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Spring
    Weather: Slightly chilly but the sun is out
    Team: Oberon, Knuckles, Isaac, Luck, Palila and Patricia
    NPC:
    GM Notes: .. i added everyone all at once. Palila wont be part of the team just yet...
    Spoiler:

Working on the plot takes time and effort. I need pizza!

@brandon_g @Dragon Master Mike @Truly @Shruikan @Lychee

The three trainers had all reacted differently to their new situation. The eager trainer Pat seemed very adaptable falling right into line. Luke reacted like most would slightly confused. It was Isaac's squirminess that caught the attention of the defacto boss Oberon.

Knuckles stood his eyes fixed on the trainer ready to pounce at any moment as the trainer spoke and started to back up.

“What was it called again? Sorry, it’s totally slipped my mind. I’m thinking it starts with an E? Maybe an F? Should’a brought a guidebook with me…”

Oberon
    Team Status

Oliver (5/5), Snake (5/5)

Partner Pokemon:

Silk (M)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

Oberon looked at Issac with a half smile.

"Oh, that's right, silly me. How could I be so foolish to mistake you for someone from another world? You know if I wasn't already predisposed I would take you to meet your friends myself. In fact, if you ask nicely I'm sure Knucks here can give you a boost back into the stratosphere. I don't see them up there but hell they could be waiting in those clouds." Oberon smiled letting Issac know that he wasn't as slick as he imagined.

Oberon unfolded his arms and walked closer to the new trainers.
    " What I'm about to say may shock you. Please, if you are going to vomit avoid my shoes. If you are going to pass out try to fall towards Knuckles he very well may catch you." He laughed pausing now getting serious

" I won't sugar coat it. You ain't in Kansans no more Dorthys. By that I mean wherever you think you are, you're not. You are currently in the lovely Floaroma Gardens just outside of Floaroma Town. Today is September 8th, 2028 and you were pulled here through a wormhole in spacetime. How and why that happened is still being debated. What I can tell you is this. You are not the first trainers to enter our world. In fact, that last group that came here is now currently being sought after by law enforcement in question with a horrific massacre. I doubt they had anything to do with it but it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that travelers from other worlds are at great risk from the citizens of Sinnoh. Fear makes people do strange things."

"So then you may be wondering why we stopped you. My compatriot here and I are on a mission of great importance. That mission is to help our employer gather up what he needs to have the power to reopen the portals in spacetime. So good news for you, if you come along with us you will be directly helping get yourself home. Your other option which I do not advice is to go it alone. If That's your choice I wish you luck. Knuckles and I are not here to force anyone to do anything. "
    Oberon paused a moment

" Now for the most important part and this is why you are being given a choice. Knuckles and I are members of Team Galactic. We live outside of the law. Mostly in the grey area. If you come with us you will technically be a criminal. Not everyone is comfortable with this kind of life. We lie, we cheat and we steal what we need. We only take what we need though. We ain't bank robbers and we dont make it our goal to hurt others if we can avoid it. I do this because I believe Team Galactic has peoples best interest in mind. Law Enforcement has too many rules and regulations. Why shouldn't we just do what we need to get a problem solved? Why let people get hurt because of your damn rules. " Oberon said passionately.

He paused flipping up the sleeve on his shirt. A Team Galactic Logo with two gold bars next to it were pressed on.

" If you are interested this is how it would work. I am the leader here and what I say goes. I get my orders from my commanding officers and as a team, we would work at achieving our goals. I dont follow every command blindly so if you come along we as a team will decide on some orders. I can't do this with just Knuckles so your feedback will be taken into account. Why am I the leader you ask because I worked hard to rank up. Ranking up was a pain in the a&&, but it was worth it. If at some point you want to rank up that will be an option. We will need to get you prepared for whatever comes our way."

"Each person that joins Team Galactic has to learn a certain set of skills. I am considered a con-artist by some peoples standards. Knuckles here is the enforcer. Make no mistake with the psychos running around this region you'll be glad we have someone like him with us. Just try not to pick a fight with him. Probably don't touch him either." He joked

He took a deep breath.
    " Any questions?"

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Name: Luke Anderson
    Team: ---

Items: ---

Luke certainly was surprised at what he was hearing, but showed little reaction when Oberon began to explain that they had been pulled through a wormhole. Part of him wanted to doubt the story, but there was no other explanation for how he had somehow moved to a completely different town in the blink of an eye.

"...Massacre?" Luke questioned. Oberon had unloaded a lot of information at once, and Luke wasn't sure what to make of his current situation. Luke couldn't say he liked the thought of lying and stealing, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that he didn't really care.

"So what you're saying is that if we want to go back to our world, the best way to do it is by coming with you?" Luke asked, "Because I've got a lot of stuff to do, so the sooner we get this over with the better." Luke thought back to the video game he had been playing. That game wouldn't beat itself. Luke didn't really care about 'the people's best interest,' or 'ranking up.' He just wanted the quickest and easiest way out of his current predicament

"Where do I sign up?" Luke questioned apathetically, not putting much thought into his decision.

Luke heard more rustling from behind him. As soon as he turned to look, the noise stopped, but he thought he could see something in a patch of grass several feet away. A small Pokemon seemed to be watching him.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Isaac Pemberton
    Pokemon:

Jewel ♂ (5/5)
    Partner Pokemon: N/A
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:
    None

Current Game Points: 16 (+1)

Isaac raised an eyebrow. Other world? What was this guy on about? He wasn’t falling for the tourist acct though.

“You know, you have a really strange way of getting people to trust you. A lot more threatening that most people.” He gave “Knuckles” a sideways glance.

As the man began to explain Isaac had to bite his tongue several times. Was this guy serious? He really expects us be believe that we’ve just been dragged into another world? Oh and conveniently we can’t confirm any of this because some other people that got dragged here are wanted terrorists. And then he tries to recruit them to an electrical company that apparently is a front for a megalomaniac organisation?

Wow, I really hope this guy’s not in charge of recruitment.

Cipher would want him to join. An inside man to leak all of Galactic’s secrets. To which Isaac would tell them to go to the distortion world cause this isn’t in the job description.

But on the other hand, straight up rejecting this offer didn’t seem like much of an option here, what with the human machoke staring him down…

“Questions? Okay, how about how much protection does this job offer? If “dimensional travelers” are suspected terrorists, what will this team do to keep us safe?
    “And what are the perks of actually joining? How is stealing something for this team better for me than just taking it by myself?”

7. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Current Game Points: 2+1=3

---

A little tough love never hurt anyone.

Youth Rocket Elites sometimes disciplined the younger members through a similar technique. The right threat cuts to the quick, and there was no faster way to command respect. But then the well-dressed man began making bizarre ultimatums, ("no more Dorothies!") and a long-winded speech that Pat stood respectfully silent through. He seemed unstable, one moment laughing, the next moment deadly serious in his tone. Pat drew a sharp breath when he began talking about Team Galactic.

It wasn't the criminal aspect that bothered Pat. Team Rocket had always operated outside the law when necessary, and had the peoples' best interests at heart. It was reasonable to believe that Team Galactic, or really, any similar organization, would be the same. No, it was how he pitched it, beginning with "we operate outside the law," then backpedaling with "mostly in the grey area." It seemed like he was ready to betray the faction, but also afraid of being caught in a treasonous statement.

"I am considered a con-artist by some peoples' standards."

No con artist ever said that -- not a successful one, anyway. Again, it wasn't the idea that bothered Pat. Rocket goals didn't always match up with ideas of what was "moral," but morals were relative. No, the problem was that Oberron, for his sharp suit and his allegedly high rank, had been caught in a scam enough times to be considered duplicitous.

If that's the kind of material that gets to pull rank...

In other circumstances, she might stick around and try to make something of herself. But this place sounded like it was in turmoil. A warzone.
    Technically, Pat had been training all her life -- a short 16 years -- for this.

"Where do I sign up?"

She nervously shifted her weight and looked at the others on the receiving end of the spiel. These boys -- she had judged them unfit by YR standards, but with a little work, she could probably whip them into model trainees. Whether they went with this crazy adult duo or not, they were going to need to allies to survive in a world like this.

“And what are the perks of actually joining? How is stealing something for this team better for me than just taking it by myself?”

Pat stayed quiet and let him ask the questions she hadn't known she had. This guy had a smart mouth... but when he spoke his words had confidence and striking solidity. Clever.

She lingered on him, trying to catch his attention. With a confident look, she hoped she could convey it: I'll follow you.

9. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Trainer Name: Brandon "Knuckles" Smith
    Pokemon:

Destroyer [5/5]

Partner:

Intimidator [5/5]
    Items: None

Oberon began his recruitment speech, which was both humorous and serious. He left the decision to join Team Galactic up to the new trainers.

Two of them joined without much questioning, but the third kid, the whimp who had tried to sneak away, had the nerve to ask what 'protection' the job offered. Knuckles found the question ludicrous! Did this kid not see him? Knuckles let out an annoyed grunt before speaking up "Are you serious kid? In case you haven't noticed, protection and fighting are my specialty. If someone so much as looks at us the wrong way, their gonna be eating their own teeth. Because these fists" Here he pounds his left fist into his palm "are gonna be flying at their face."

After a moment where he stopped to take a deep breath and stare outraged at the kid, Knuckles let out a little quip at the kid "Is that protection enough for you little whimp???".
    Last edited by brandon_g; 06-29-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

GM POST

GM Story Info
    Current Location: Floaroma Town
    Description: A town that's beauty is known throughout the world. The flower gardens go for as far as the eye can see.
    Key Locations:
    Flower Shop: Open
    Pokemon Center: Open
    Route 7: Open
    Route 16: Closed
    Time: noon
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Spring
    Weather: Slightly chilly but the sun is out
    Team: Oberon, Knuckles, Isaac, Luck, Palila and Patricia
    NPC:
    GM Notes: .. i added everyone all at once. Palila wont be part of the team just yet...
    Spoiler:

Working on the plot takes time and effort. I need pizza!

@brandon_g @Dragon Master Mike @Truly @Shruikan @Lychee

Oberon
    Team Status

Oliver (5/5), Snake (5/5)

Partner Pokemon:

Silk (M)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

After Oberon spoke the reactions were mixed at best. Each trainer was having to wrestle with this proposition in their own way. They all seemed to be cautious as they should be. Oberon heard each of them out before responding. Getting sass didn't so much bother him. He was afraid that the wording of the smarta** would trigger Knuckles. Scratch that, moments later it did.

"Let's all take a step back here." Oberon said trying to get Knuckles to stay in line.

" I realize my pitch needs work. I am not normally a recruiter, the timing just worked out because we were heading this way and one of the lead admins is near by. You all seem a little iffy about what I said to you and that makes perfect sense. You are not in your world and your survival instincts are going nuts. So let's make this a little more simple in terms that everyone can understand. We have resources, lots of resources. If you come with us you will have access to our network of information and pokemon. We get our hands on pokemon from all over the globe, we have tech that would make if that Dash tech guy blush. We have hundreds of members that work all over Sinnoh. When you mess with one of us you gotta deal with all of us. As far as what you couldn't do on your own. If you come with us, will get you fake ids and youll just be another person."
    Oberon took out the comb from his back pocket and ran it through his hair.

" Now then, for those of you joining us I need to know what if any experience you have battling. Do any of you have pokemon?"

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Current Game Points: 3+1=4

---

Now then, for those of you joining us I need to know what if any experience you have battling. Do any of you have pokemon?

Pat's hand jerked reflexively to her side, where her Pokeballs hung on a standard-issue belt. Higher-ups and older kids had a habit of launching into battles with little more than a word, so quick reaction-time was a must.

Two of her Pokemon were gifts, a little bonus for exemplary behavior and dedication to the cause. Pat hadn't spent much time with them. She felt like, to do things the right way, she had to raise the Pokemon she was officially issued. That was the way of the world. One couldn't rely on freebies. Not even if it meant getting beat up.

But her starter Pokemon... had a problem. It wasn't uncommon to be issued an uncommon Pokemon as your Pokemon partner, it was a tradition that stretched back to the days before Rocket's success. But Pat's was different from the others.

For a long time, Pat's father made a big deal about bloodline. He never talked about people that way, but he was always fascinated -- or some would say obsessed -- with the lineage of a Pokemon, with its individual values. For most trainers in Rocket Youth, they were issued just any starter Pokemon, and that would do. But Pat's father had pulled some strings. Her starter's parents had been chosen for their aggression. This Pokemon had been bred to kill.

After a couple of surprise battles, the older kids didn't challenge her anymore. She'd learned not to bring this Pokemon out if she didn't need to. She'd learned couldn't control it. So Pat calmly palmed the Pokeball, letting the reflex grab pass.

There was a beat of tense silence.

"...Three Pokemon, sir. I've had a bit of supervised training and am certified to attempt Gym Battles."