Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Trainer: Pat Drury
    Pokemon: Charmander (unclaimed) (5/5), Azurill (unclaimed) (5/5), Rotom (locked), Vullaby (locked)

"Alright pipsqueaks! If it's a fight you want..."

Pat pitched Charmander's Pokeball at the Nidoran Girl, and the little tattle-tale meekly sent out her own battler, Nidoran. In her cute getup, Trainer and Pokemon made a matching pair, but Pat felt too hurt, too betrayed to acknowledge it.

"Poke-thief! Poke-thief!" Either she was taunting Pat or calling for help.

Either way, I'm gonna have to make this quick.

"Killer! Get 'em!"

The Charmander charged at the Nidoran, snapping at the air, but its opponent threw dirt in its face and dodged out of the way. Finally, the Charmander's sharp teeth found their target in the Pokemon's side, but Nidoran used it's own big, cutting teeth to bite back, forcing Killer to open his jaws and shriek in pain.

Opponent: Nidoran (f)
    Attacker: Charmander
    Opponent's Point Value: 5
    Attacker's Point Value: 8
    Bonuses: N/A
    Opponents's Remaining Points: 0
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 3

"Nidoran, come back!"

"What's the matter, twerp? I beatcha already?"

"Aaaaannnd... Other Nidoran, Go!!"

This Pokemon was bigger, with thick angry limbs and a big ugly face. Charmander, already wounded, shot gouts of fire from its mouth, trying to intimidate its opponent. It didn't work: the Nidoran charged, its horn forward and a glow steadily brightening. When they collided, Charmander shot a gout of flame and tried to bite, but instead had the roof of its mouth gouged.

"Nidoran, Horn Attack!"

Opponent: Nidoran (m)
    Attacker: Charmander
    Opponent's Point Value: 8
    Attacker's Point Value: 3
    Bonuses: N/A
    Opponents's Remaining Points: 5
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 0

Charmander was thrown into the air by the force of the move, and landed dustily a few feet away.

Pat returned her Pokemon, growling, and grabbed her other unfrozen Pokeball, the one with Azurill. She took a second to look through the top of it: the Pokemon seemed to have been healed. It was sleeping in stasis as expected, and probably fully ready for battle.

Still, this was the first real wild Pokemon she'd really caught. Pat had imagined things going differently, taking some time to get to know a real cool Pokemon that she'd hand picked to catch. But even though this was just some mouse, she wanted to introduce herself to it with some ceremony. Maybe she could hold off while her teammate finished the big Nidoran off.

"Okay Slouch," Pat cried out to Luke, "Your foe's weak!" It was only then that she turned to see Luke congratulating his Poke-Fan opponent, who seemed to be trying to show him photos on her phone. Their Pokemon were draped over each other, K.O.'d just beside the path.

Pat slapped one hand into the other in a frustrated gesture. "Strategy, man!" she hissed at him.

With only one option left, the Rocket girl hurled her last functioning Pokeball. "Alright, enough kiddin' around!"

KYOOOOOSHH!?

Bewildered, the tiny Azurill rubbed its eyes and sniffled its nose at the air.

"'Zu?"

It turned to take stock of its surroundings, and as it did all could see the damage its earlier battle had done. Its round body bore jagged scars on the side where Charmander's fangs had bit and torn.

Azurill sniffled in Pat's direction, then did a 180-degree turn toward the grunting, snorting Nidoran, which opened its mouth even before its trainer found the confidence to command it.

"Nidoran, Poison Sting!"

Opponent: Nidoran (m)
    Attacker: Azurill
    Opponent's Point Value: 5
    Attacker's Point Value: 6
    Bonuses: (Against Azurill: -1 (putting it at 5 pts, the minimum))
    Opponents's Remaining Points: 0
    Attacker's Remaining Points: 0

Azurill blocked the hail of needles with its tail, but the force of them bowled it over into the grass at Pat's feet. She returned it to the ball wordlessly, then pulled her cap down to hide her eyes.

"Well... I don't need to beat you, anyway. I just gotta distract you long enough to book it outta here!"

And with that, Pat turned tail and took off running.
    Last edited by Truly; 07-29-2019 at 03:39 AM.

GM POST

GM Story Info
    Current Location: Floaroma Town
    Description: A town that's beauty is known throughout the world. The flower gardens go for as far as the eye can see.
    Key Locations:
    Flower Shop: Open
    Pokemon Center: Open
    Route 7: Open
    Route 16: Closed
    Time: 12:45 pm
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th, 2028
    Season: Spring
    Weather: Slightly chilly but the sun is out
    Team: Oberon, Knuckles, Isaac, Luke, Palila and Patricia
    NPC:
    GM Notes:
    Spoiler:

Damn we need the supplies for catching

@brandon_g @Dragon Master Mike @Truly @Shruikan @Lychee

Oberon
    Team Status

Oliver (5/5), Snake (5/5), Creed (25/25), Casper (12/12), Soft Serve (16/16)

Partner Pokemon:

Silk (M)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

With the battles finished it was time to get everyone and move.

" One moment." He said to Palila

Turning to Knuckles
    " Round up the troops and meet us east of here on Route 205. Just hold up there. We need to get them all fake ids asap."

Oberon turned back to Palila.
    " Mr. Sauve is a title I can live with. If you're trying to butter me up, don't bother that's what I keep Knuklces around for." He laughed

" Why dont we head and get you some shoes. The only thing I asking in return is some answers." Oberon said as the two walked towards the shop.

Once inside Oberon gave Palila her choice of whatever clothes she needed. While she picked out clothes he looked around for something he might like. Oberon was very picky with what he wore.
    " Pass, pass, hard pass, maybe?" He said looking down at Oliver and Snake

The both shook there heads.

" Fine, pass." He said continuing to wait.

Once Palila was ready the two walked to catch up with the others.
    " So then, when did you arrive in our world ?" He said casually

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile.

Knuckles, Luke, Pat and Isaac headed east of the two. Route 205 was the fastest route to the Valley Windworks. Just outside of the town limits a row of honey trees lined the entrance to Route 205. The smell of sweet honey wafted through the air caried by the currents coming from the windworks located a little further east. Route 205 was on if the longer routes in Sinnoh. If you followed it north you find Eterna Forest.

Trainers were sparse on the route and the eastern path to the Windworks seemed be blocked off. Two suspicious young men blocked the route. If anyone got close they would pretend to work.
    Last edited by Rival Max; 07-30-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25), Chatot (26/26), Oricorio (fire) -shiny (15/15) Eevee -shiny (25/25)
    Partner Pokemon: ---
    Items: 1x Honey, 1x Greatball, 4x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Staravia (25/25), Locked pokeball with Wingull (25/25), Locked pokeball with Prinlup (25/25)

Palila was literally only a step away from Oberon when he turned to his friend and mentioned fake ID's. She rolled her eyes. Apparently fake ID's were really popular among the youth of this universe- no wonder the Pokecentres were so strict about them. As they walked to the store she fell into step with Oberon and raised an eyebrow.
    "That big guy butters you up?" She pulled a face at the mental image of Knuckles wielding a butterknife, pasting the shorter guy in butter like a smeargle doing an artwork.
    "Whatever floats your boat, I guess?" At this point she didn't know WHAT to think of this stranger, but nodded in agreement when he asked for simple answers as payment. Palila scampered to her own little corner of the clothing store to get a bit of space and try things on. First things first- she took off her puffer jacket and hung it under the shops air conditioner to dry. It didn't seem to be doing much, so she let out her Oricorio and directed it to fan warm and drying air towards it. The Oricorio looked surprised to be let out for something that wasn't a battle, but obliged, dancing gently.
    She grabbed some nice looking boots and thermal top and leggings, as well as big comfy spongy looking grey socks. The shop attendant noticed Oberon and then looked over at her, noticing her coloured hair. She swanned her way over to Palila and held out a round monochrome bag, with gold and yellow accents.
    "You're here with him? Oh, I believe this will work with you!" Her sweet voice offered, and Palila took the bag gratefully, unsure if she had to pay for it. The bag kept its shape very well- as if the paper stuffing was still inside it. Palila figured it must have been a display one that the shopkeep was trying to get rid of. Oberon seemed busy looking at clothes, so she didn't ask him. Whatever, the gold zips were nice.

In the changeroom, Palila flicked her wet clothes off onto the floor with a SPLAT and started to get changed into some dry ones.
    She opened up the bag the shopkeep had given her, wondering if she could fit her old clothes in there.
    "Oh!" She couldn't help but exclaim from inside the changerooms. The bag had a shirt and pants inside.
    She picked up the shirt and held it up.

G

Palila grinned.
    How the heck did I get so lucky. This must be payback for the waterfall.
    She folded the shirt neatly and put it back into the bag, mind now filled with a lot more questions for Oberon.

On the way to the counter, she gave the shopkeeper a genuine smile.
    "Thanks so much for your help!"
    She bought another little jar from the countertop, just to sweeten the deal.

Item: Honey
    Cost: 10 pts
    Remaining points: 12

Palila pulled her jacket back over everything, tucked the honey pot into the side of the bag which was now comfortably hanging from her shoulder, and exited the store. She brought her Oricorio back in, and let out Chatot instead, who perched on her shoulder, cocking its head towards her and listening.
    As they were talking back towards Oberons 'friends' he finally started chatting- and apparently didn't waste time. Excellent- straight to the point!
    "A few days ago- I wasn't around for the lake thing, if thats what you're wondering." She quickly absolved herself of any guilt from that well televised event.
    "The people I was travelling with suck, and that stupid professor is out to kill us. Your team Galactic really saved my ass back there, when the laser-gun-arm man with dinosaur pokemon ambushed us." She nodded her head down towards the bag she had been given.
    "I'm guessing after that fiasco you guys need more of a crew? Am I cool to join?"
    Despite pretending to be all cool and knowledgeable and hardened, Palilas tone became soft and she felt her face go pink as she looked up at Oberon and then looked away. If someone was any good at reading people, they'd know she was pretty vulnerable and definitely not keen on a rejection right now.
    This time around, joining the group would be her own choice.

Brandon "Knuckles" Smith

Pokemon:
    Destroyer [5/5] Pachirisu [5/5]

Partner:

Intimidator [5/5]
    Items: None

Oberon told him to gather the new 'troops' up and head to Route 205 and wait for him there. Right as he was about to begin gathering up the new trainers, a girl, soaking wet to the bone, went up to him and tossed him a Pokeball saying "Here, take this. It's bulky, like you.." Knuckles looked at the girl surprised, but took the Pokeball and clipped it to his belt anyway. He wasn't about to complain, he got a free Pokemon and he didn't have to steal it!

Event Pokemon unlock
    Pokemon: Wormadam
    Cost: FREE
    Event: Palila feeling generous!

As the girl walked around throwing Pokeballs at more of the new trainers, Knuckles walked around and gathered each of the new trainers up one by one. Once all the trainers were gathered up, Knuckles spoke to them as a group "Alright listen up... Oberon has instructed me to take you whimps to Route 205 so that's what I am going to do. Now here is how this is gonna go, your going to follow behind me, your going to do what I say without question. You do that and we will have no problems. Also, this should go without saying, but I am not as kind as Oberon, so you don't want to piss me off, everyone understand?"

After that, he turned to Intimidator, who still stood by his side and said to him quietly so only the Machop could hear "Watch that one, if he tries to sneak off you let me know." While he said this, he pointed to the kid who had tried to sneak away back at the flower fields. The Machop nodded and then Knuckles motioned for the group to follow him.

He then began walking east with the group, keeping an eye on the trainers and surrounding area as he did so. He had to make sure everyone was staying together and that they were not being followed.

Once they reached 205, the smell of honey drifted through the air. It made Knuckles a little hungry, but he had to stay focused, he couldn't afford to blow this operation. Once they were past the 'route 205' sign he turned and said to the group "Alright this is it... we are to hold position here until Oberon arrives." As he said this, he noticed that there were 2 suspicious looking men blocking the route to the windworks. The men would pretend to work when another trainer walked by.

Knuckles suspected the men could be cops, so he decided to keep a close eye on them while he also monitored the group and waited for Oberon to arrive.
    Last edited by brandon_g; 08-02-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

GM POST

GM Story Info
    Current Location: Floaroma Town
    Description: A town that's beauty is known throughout the world. The flower gardens go for as far as the eye can see.
    Key Locations:
    Flower Shop: Open
    Pokemon Center: Open
    Route 7: Open
    Route 16: Closed
    Time: 12:45 pm
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th, 2028
    Season: Spring
    Weather: Slightly chilly but the sun is out
    Team: Oberon, Knuckles, Isaac, Luke, Palila and Patricia
    NPC:
    GM Notes:
    Spoiler:

Damn we need the supplies for catching

@brandon_g @Dragon Master Mike @Truly @Shruikan @Lychee

Oberon
    Team Status

Oliver (5/5), Snake (5/5), Creed (25/25), Casper (12/12), Soft Serve (16/16)

Partner Pokemon:

Silk (M)(5/5)
    Egg: --- (Steps to Hatch ??/??)
    [U]Items:
    Spoiler:

"A few days ago- I wasn't around for the lake thing, if thats what you're wondering." She quickly absolved herself of any guilt from that well-televised event.
    "The people I was traveling with suck, and that stupid professor is out to kill us. Your team Galactic really saved my ass back there, when the laser-gun-arm man with dinosaur pokemon ambushed us." She nodded her head down towards the bag she had been given.
    "I'm guessing after that fiasco you guys need more of a crew? Am I cool to join?"

As the two walked Palila opened up a little. Oberon was a good listener keeping his hands busy with a charm he kept tucked in his pocket.

" Knuckles and I were at the lake. We helped unload the equipment before everything went to hell. Luckily we avoided that embarrassment about being there to watch new trainers mess up a team of grunts." Oberon shook his hand.

" Violence bores me that mission was important and tracking down a legend is difficult enough when its sleeping. Finding it on the loose is damn near impossible." Oberon continued

Oberons smile dropped when Palila mentioned the attack.
    "What happened back there was a massacre." He frowned.

"I knew a few of those trainers. I havent even mentioned it to Knuckles yet because of Im afraid he is going to storm off and try and fight the guy. Part of me wants to let him loose on that guy and tear him to shreds..."

Oberon reached into his pocket and pulled out a small baggy of mixed nuts. He offered Palila one. He tried not to think about the psycho that killed the grunts.
    " I heard that the only reason they found your friends was because of one of your group members. He is also the reason we know about your old group. Tall kid, kinda odd." He said unsure of Rennys name.

" I'd thank him if I were you. Though maybe Knuckles would thank him to but not in a friendly way so that probably should stay with us for now."

As they approached the edge of the city Palila asked about joining.
    " Honestly, if you dont mind tracking down legendary pokemon and breaking the law to do whatever it takes to solve the damn mess we are in. You are more than welcome."

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25), Chatot (26/26), Oricorio (fire) -shiny (15/15) Eevee -shiny (25/25)
    Partner Pokemon: ---
    Items: 1x Honey, 1x Greatball, 4x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Staravia (25/25), Locked pokeball with Wingull (25/25), Locked pokeball with Prinlup (25/25)

Palila listened attentively to Oberon, nodding when he said it was difficult to track down legendaries. When his smile dropped away the mention of the attack, Palila was a little scared he would lash out at her. Instead he talked about how his friend would feel.
    "Knuckles was the big guy who talked to you a bunch and lost that battle against some kids?" Palila tried to connect the dots, and pursed her lips. She didnt think any one person could bring down that maniac, let alone even a team of professionals.
    "Yeah... Dont let him go after that guy. As much as we might want revenge, at this stage, he'll just kill us." She unclenched fists that tightened subconsciously, trying to breathe evenly and let go of the image of William disintegrating.

He offered her some food, probably to break the tension.
    She accepted and crunched away on a handful, listening as Oberon talked about Renny.
    "Yeah he was probly a good egg even if he was a bit weird. Everyone was under a lot of stress so I think the group might have turfed him out. I didnt see him much, ever."
    As they approached route 205, Palila could smell the sweet honey trees, and see a group of trainers and two men up ahead. Oberon offered her a place on the team and she smiled.
    "Laws are for losers, anyway." She commented.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Name: Luke Anderson
    Team:
    Partner: Pichu [Spark] (5/5) Luxio (15/15)

Items: ---

Pat seemed disapproving of Luke, criticizing his lack of strategy. Luke scowled back. He opened his mouth to say something, but stopped, not having the energy to argue. Besides, Luke knew Pat was right. He knew a bit about Pokemon, and had even read a bit about battling, but he would need to learn more about the types of moves his Pokemon could use.

"I guess I've got a lot to learn." Luke sighed, Recalling his Pokemon. Before Luke could make it back into the Pokemon Center, Pat's battle was already over. It seemed to have ended in a draw, and Pat was running away.

"Is that what you meant by strategy?" Luke mumbled to no one in particular as he watched Pat run. Heading into the Pokemon Center, he brought his Pichu's pokeball to the desk to have it healed again. As he waited, Knuckles approached to begin rounding up the group.

"I'll be out in a minute." Luke said, a bit nervous to respond to the intimidating trainer with anything other than a "yes sir." After his Pokemon was healed, he headed out and began making his way down the trail with the rest of the group. As they walked, Luke pulled out his phone ((I assume in 2028 we have cell phones?)) and earbuds and began blasting some music, but left one ear open despite not particularly wanting to talk to anyone in the group. The group stopped when they saw two suspicious men blocking the path.

"So do we just go past or...?" Luke asked Knuckles. Luke didn't think knuckles would let the two men stop him if they tried to give the group any trouble.

Brandon "Knuckles" Smith

Pokemon:
    Destroyer [5/5] Pachirisu [5/5] Wormadam [20/20]

Partner:

Intimidator [5/5]
    Items: None

The tallest kid asked ""So do we just go past or...?". Knuckles gave him an annoyed look as he explained "We will kid... when Oberon gets here. He told me to take you to route 205 and wait for him, so that's what we are doing. Those guys could be undercover cops, now while I could no doubt beat them to a pulp if I had to, I would rather not attract any attention to us until Oberon gets here." After a moment he finished off with "What's you name anyway kid?"
    Last edited by brandon_g; 08-01-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    The all new and improved Broadcasting Duo is here! We have a new banner, a new look and still more great improvements to come! What are you waiting for? Come on over and check us out! We promise, you won't be disappointed!
    www.broadcastingduo.com

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    GCEA Stats:
    Decimation Blue
    Galactic Diamond

Trainer: Pat Drury
    Pokemon: Charmander (unclaimed) (0/5), Azurill (unclaimed) (0/5), Rotom (locked), Vullaby (locked)
    (bonus month: +1)

Pat ran down the street, then took a sharp left around the corner of the Pokemon Center and into the alley. Rocket Grunts were known for their stamina, but she was just a junior member, and had let Killer out twice in one day. She slumped against the building and put her head in her hands... just enough to reclaim some willpower...

Donk!

A Pokeball arced and bounced off Pat's head.

"Hey, ow!"

Scrambling to claim it before it rolled away, she looked inside and her mouth fell open. A Golbat flapped angrily inside this Pokeball. Whoa, classic! This was one Pokemon Pat had seen a lot of, it was favored by Grunts since all the way back at the start of Team Rocket's takeover.

She didn't want to be caught, though. Pat looked up and around while surreptitiously clicking the ball into an empty spot on her belt, but by this time, nobody was around.

With this Pokemon, Pat had a mind to go back and deliver a crushing blow to those other trainers. Rocket chose Pokemon like this because they got so strong without much training, and this one was already fully evolved! She got up from the ground, blinded with determination and...

Pat bumped straight into Knuckles' chest. Backlit by the noontime sun, he just gave her an ugly smirk and grabbed her by the collar -- and literally began hauling her off to Route 205.
    Last edited by Truly; 08-10-2019 at 01:58 AM.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Just to make things easier to keep track of, I'm going to track my double points from posting separately and add them all at once at the end of the month.

Name: Luke Anderson
    Team:
    Partner: Pichu [Spark] (5/5) Luxio (15/15)

Items: ---
    Event Double point counter: 1

Knuckles responded about how Luke had expected.

"Kid?" Luke questioned. It didn't particularly bother Luke, but he felt a bit weird being called kid by someone who seemed to be the same age as him. Knuckles made Luke realize that he hadn't really introduced himself yet.

"My name's Luke." He replied nonchalantly. "You and Oberon, did you come here through a wormhole like us? Or are you from here?" Luke asked. He wasn't actually very interested in the answer, but he figured since he had nothing better to do while he waited he might as well get to know the people he'd be working with.