Reading Comprehension

How's your reading comprehension?

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Pretty bad I guess, because I'm not sure what you mean. XD

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Not entirely sure what this means (does that mean I have bad reading comprehension? XD) but I mean, I think it's pretty standard? Sometimes I have to read things over and over a few times before it finally sticks. XD

Administrator

It varies. Sometimes I can read pretty quick, but my understanding of it might not be so well. Others it may take me longer than most people. Could even take me upwards to 30mins or longer on certain things. Like reading manga or watching anime. I've learned to read fast cause the subtitles go fast or sometimes manga chapter could last forever. So I read fast xD. Usually still have a hard time understanding it. So I re-read a lot.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

it really depends on the kind of text i'm reading. in philosophy class we had to read a bunch of excerpts from plato and aristotle and those went all over my head. give me psychological journals that are 20 pages long and im a-okay

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Pretty well, unless too much jargon or complex terminology is being used. As someone who needs to screen through biocompatibility risk assessments, laboratory testing reports, and gap assessments, they throw a LOT of crazy terminology around that 99% of the population isn't going to understand. After a while you start picking up on things and even I have found myself talking like that a tiny bit every now and then, but yeah, to a lot of people who don't have the knowledge or experience, it'll just go over their head and might as well be in an alien language.