Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have many nicknames

What are some of your nicknames offline and online?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Jan or Noble are pretty typical online. My best friend calls me Pineapple because their nickname is Peaches.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

i have a lot more nicknames online than i do offline! online i'm roo/sheep/awn/awney

Senior Moderator

Sleepy. Because i never sleep and im always grouchy. This is my offline one, dont really have an online one except for the guy with a million usernames/N7/discount moogles

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

5. This post has been liked by:

A few differing online nicknames, based on usernames. Grace, Flare, Suicune, etc. A few people irl call me Xan.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I've never really had offline nicknames. I think "Sarah" isn't that conducive to nicknames. xD

Since I usually go by my real name online, I don't have many online either. My old best friend, who lived in another country, and I used to have heaps of random nicknames for each other though. There was probably a new one every week.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I've never really had offline nicknames. I think "Sarah" isn't that conducive to nicknames. xD

Since I usually go by my real name online, I don't have many online either. My old best friend, who lived in another country, and I used to have heaps of random nicknames for each other though. There was probably a new one every week.
    Like what? XD I'm curious, now! Were they entirely random just for lols, or based off things?

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Like what? XD I'm curious, now! Were they entirely random just for lols, or based off things?
    They were based off things, like our names at first, and then inside jokes and stuff. This was in the early 2000s so we used to just email back and forth, kinda like having a penpal. So like once she misspelled her name at the end of the email and then that became her nickname for like 8 years afterwards xD Webcams had just become a thing so we also used to take photos with random signs and email them, resulting in many nicknames. We lost touch quite a few years ago but it was good fun while it lasted.

The cool thing was there were nicknames we would only use when annoyed or when being silly or when comforting, so it was kinda like a way of showing emotion online, before emoticons were really a thing in emails at least xD
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    They were based off things, like our names at first, and then inside jokes and stuff. This was in the early 2000s so we used to just email back and forth, kinda like having a penpal. So like once she misspelled her name at the end of the email and then that became her nickname for like 8 years afterwards xD Webcams had just become a thing so we also used to take photos with random signs and email them, resulting in many nicknames. We lost touch quite a few years ago but it was good fun while it lasted.

The cool thing was there were nicknames we would only use when annoyed or when being silly or when comforting, so it was kinda like a way of showing emotion online, before emoticons were really a thing in emails at least xD
    Hahaha oh my gosh, that whole thing sounds adorable. xD Would you ever try to get back in touch, do you think? I feel like that was such a unique time between letters and IMs. I had people I emailed too, though not with funny nicknames. XD

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

PXR is actually the last place I still use the username "Dragon Master Mike." On just about everything else my username is "Profaned Profanity" now. It actually started as a joke, but then I stuck with it.

In real life I really don't have any nicknames anymore.