Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Teachers/Professors

The good, the bad, the ugly, we wanna hear about the teachers and professors you've had throughout your academic career.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Mrs Heissler, I shall never forget you as long as i live. You ho. I thank you for teaching me, that not every person in the world is going to like you, by torturing me as if this was a bad nazi meme. I am pretty sure the dinosaurs went extinct because of your cold, dead eyes. No teacher i have had has ever come close to your cruelty. Eat butt.

Now, for positivity. My first grade teacher, who i cant remember your name. You were my favorite. No words can describe the appreciation. I hope i meet you again, someday so i can help you too.

Fr fr. Mrs Heissler was straight @ss. She is the only teachers name i remember because she was the devil. I am pretty sure she persuaded hitler. Or Stalin. Or Nero. Or any other cruel monster

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

3. This post has been liked by:

I had plenty of awesome teachers, and a few rotten ones. I remember almost all of their names. Some of them shaped who I am today. One I even met up with for coffee nine years after she taught me. Love that woman. :)

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

During the last fall semester I took Chem 101, and my professor was the worst professor I ever had. He was a nice guy so I feel kind of bad talking bad about him, but he was so bad at explaining things that the whole class never had any idea what was going on. Like, it was as if he knew what he was talking about, but didn't know how to explain things in terms a chem 101 student would understand. And then some guy cheated off me during the first exam and the professor didn't know who cheated off who, so we both had to retake the test (I ended up with a higher grade in the end so thanks I guess). The last test I literally got a 62, but he must have graded on a serious curve because I still ended up with an A.

Other than that I've had mostly good experiences though so can't complain too much.

I vividly remember my 2nd grade teacher hating me for no reason. Just me? Out of the whole class. A wee shy lass who literally did nothing but pay attention and get good grades?? She sat me next to a girl who constantly gave me strep throat and would refuse to let me outside for recess with everyone else and would make fun of me in front of the whole class for using mechanical pencils. I don't know why she hated me so much but that was the year I started faking being sick to stay home because I didn't wanna deal with her u_u

Luckily most of my teachers after that were amazing.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    I have had good teachers and bad teachers, but I also have had two teachers who diametrically oppose each other in my mind.

My high school computer science teacher was a mean person. Like, she just was not a nice woman. But she was a very competent teacher. To this day, the foundations she helped me lay for computer programming have served me intensely well in a very programming heavy job.

My high school literature teacher, on the other hand, was nice, friendly, and possessed of absolutely nothing resembling a brain. Like, I feel bad talking badly about her, because she was always nice. But honestly, that woman had less brains than a jellyfish.

These two together convinced me that I am absolutely willing to work with people whom I do not like if they are competent at their jobs, but hate working with people who are nice if they cannot do their jobs.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Most of my teachers were pretty good. My favourite was my grade 4 teacher who let me use Pokemon in every single task possible. XD And who also did a lot of science lessons with us, which really ignited my love of science. I've tried looking him up but I can't find any trace of him. I'd like to see him one day again to tell him that I'm a scientist now and that I'm really grateful for his wonderful teaching!

I had one horrible teacher in year 8 who was both mean and dumb, and I named a Neopet after her and starved them as revenge haha.
    GCEA

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I just went to meet with my current summer prof and despite being one of the biggest participants in class he can't remember who I am.

I think my favorite story with a professor was I had one prof who converted the class to an online course like halfway through the course because he just decided to visit the middle east for three months. It made the class like 20x easier.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Most of my teachers were pretty good. My favourite was my grade 4 teacher who let me use Pokemon in every single task possible. XD And who also did a lot of science lessons with us, which really ignited my love of science. I've tried looking him up but I can't find any trace of him. I'd like to see him one day again to tell him that I'm a scientist now and that I'm really grateful for his wonderful teaching!

I had one horrible teacher in year 8 who was both mean and dumb, and I named a Neopet after her and starved them as revenge haha.
    How lovely! Aw, that's really sweet. I'm sure he'd be really proud of you. :)

That is frigging hilarious. XD Oh my god, Sarah. XDDDD

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    This is freaking hilarious! I did something similar with classmates I hated. Dumped them all in the wagon in Oregon Trail and sent them off on a very doomed ride into the frontier with next to nothing for food and supplies as late in the year as possible so winter would pulverize them. Every decision and in-game choice was made with maximized risk and consequence. Needless to say, they all croaked, but you never knew just how it was going to happen to each of them. :P

Anyway, there was a high school teacher I had in senior year and this guy was amazing and awesome. The class was called Windows to the World, which was an elective that covered foreign literature, film, and cultural themes. Half the classes were spent watching movies and homework (and there was so little of this anyway) was pretty much reading short stories. The stuff was pretty interesting as well and despite the low-effort approach, you actually learned quite a bit of cultural stuff and themes. The dude was cool and funny as well and it was a great way to wrap up high school.