Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Pokémon Home Contorversy

  1. #21
    H I S T U F F N E S S Green's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    I forgot
    Posts
    3,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    According to this post, "there likely won't be another game with every Pokemon in it ever"

    I mean, if this is what ends up happening, I think the best case scenario would be for only things like Legendaries and Mythicals to be left out while everything else is kept, since at least leaving out Legendaries and Mythicals might encourage diversity in online and competitive battles. And by Legendaries and Mythicals I totally don't mean Mega Rayquaza or anything hehehehe. It's still going to suck, though.
    They can leave all but ho oh out. Leave my baby in. Nah jk jk.

    I actually love this idea. People are too focused on Legends in comp, it gets annoying. Im also happy about the no megas even though megas were their best idea. MegaRay kind of screwed everything, too high a curve.

    Bring some freshness in the competitive scene. I need it.

    ·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

    Paired with Cleobel
    Discord: Sleepy#7580

  2. #22
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    They can leave all but ho oh out. Leave my baby in. Nah jk jk.

    I actually love this idea. People are too focused on Legends in comp, it gets annoying. Im also happy about the no megas even though megas were their best idea. MegaRay kind of screwed everything, too high a curve.

    Bring some freshness in the competitive scene. I need it.
    Mega Evolutions were actually a fantastic idea in theory, the reason they ended up being kind of a disaster that only contributed to the power creep instead of curbing it is because Game Freak kinda shot themselves in the foot by giving Megas to Pokemon that never needed them such as Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross, Blaziken (though since this one was only OP due to its Hidden Ability, they could have simply changed that to something less broken and keep the Mega as it is), and basically all the Legendaries that got Megas. If they had restricted Megas solely to Pokemon that weren't Legendary or pseudo-legendary the problem would have been at least much less severe.

    Of course this is still going to be something of a problem for people who may no longer be able to make teams full of their favorites: if, say, Aggron makes it into the Galar dex but Galvantula doesn't (or vice versa) I will never be able to have a team with those two even in postgame and you gotta admit that is sad ;w;

  3. #23
    The Maddest Shaymin
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    According to this post, "there likely won't be another game with every Pokemon in it ever"

    I mean, if this is what ends up happening, I think the best case scenario would be for only things like Legendaries and Mythicals to be left out while everything else is kept, since at least leaving out Legendaries and Mythicals might encourage diversity in online and competitive battles. And by Legendaries and Mythicals I totally don't mean Mega Rayquaza or anything hehehehe. It's still going to suck, though.
    Ah well it was fun taking Shaymin to every region while it lasted. Least Mimikyu made the cut.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  4. #24
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Ah well it was fun taking Shaymin to every region while it lasted. Least Mimikyu made the cut.
    I think with how popular Mimikyu turned out to be (to the point that it practically became Gen 7's mascot in similar vein to Lucario being Gen 4's mascot), its chances of making it in were always extremely high, since obviously Game freak would want to keep as many popular Pokemon as possible with this kind of decision. About Shaymin and other Legendaries/Mythicals, I literally just found out I was wrong, since Mew is confirmed to be available, so at least some Legendaries/Mythicals will make it in inb4 it's only the Kanto ones because Game Freak is still traumatized from all the genwunner whining that happened back in Gen 5 so they will pander to them as much as possible for the rest of eternity

  5. #25
    The Maddest Shaymin
    Noblejanobii's Avatar
    Site Editor

    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    US
    Posts
    15,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I think with how popular Mimikyu turned out to be (to the point that it practically became Gen 7's mascot in similar vein to Lucario being Gen 4's mascot), its chances of making it in were always extremely high, since obviously Game freak would want to keep as many popular Pokemon as possible with this kind of decision. About Shaymin and other Legendaries/Mythicals, I literally just found out I was wrong, since Mew is confirmed to be available, so at least some Legendaries/Mythicals will make it in inb4 it's only the Kanto ones because Game Freak is still traumatized from all the genwunner whining that happened back in Gen 5 so they will pander to them as much as possible for the rest of eternity
    Oh yeah definitely. But there was still a chance it wouldn't make it. A lot of people's favorites are still in limbo and other fairly popular mons are unconfirmed so you never know.

    As for Shaymin, I doubt it'll be transferable until we get Sinnoh remakes. The poor thing has been rather obsolete since gen 4 unfortunately.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

  6. #26
    Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Running around
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Oh yeah definitely. But there was still a chance it wouldn't make it. A lot of people's favorites are still in limbo and other fairly popular mons are unconfirmed so you never know.
    Yeah, that's true. There's also no guarantee that you'll make it in even if you are super popular, nor is it a guarantee that you'll be left out just because you're not very beloved: the Vanillite and Trubbish lines are apparently going to appear in Galar according to some other Pokemon forums despite those two being far and away the most divisive Pokemon of Gen 5, so not all hope is lost for the underdogs of the franchise. I think I might need to make a list of Pokemon that have already been confirmed to appear based on the trailers...

    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    As for Shaymin, I doubt it'll be transferable until we get Sinnoh remakes. The poor thing has been rather obsolete since gen 4 unfortunately.
    Yeah that's true. Sadly that kind of tends to happen to most Pokemon of whatever Generation that came out immediately before whatever the newest one is, but I think Mythicals get it the worst by far (unless they're Mew), since the whole point of Mythicals these days seems to be to pad out the Generation for a bit longer, and once their debut Generation is over they basically become Pokedex filler and are hardly ever advertised again unless it's time for a new online event... that said, hedgehogs are native to England, and seeing how Galar is based on it, Shaymin does have a chance -however minuscule- of making it in due to potentially fitting in with Galar's environment... unless one of the new Pokemon turns out to be a hedgehog.

  7. #27
    p i k a c h u ? Chakramaster's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The road to dawn
    Posts
    9,108
    that's the big thing too. You can't transfer something you normally use into Home either if if isn't available in Sw/Sh. I mean you can transfer it to Home....but if you do. It becomes a prison much like the PC until they release a game they will be available in. So make sure the Pokemon you want to transfer is able to be used in Sw/Sh. Otherwise wave goodbye to it like any Pokemon you trade in GO. Cause you're not getting it back.

    The time is upon us...


    . Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..


  8. #28
    The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    that's the big thing too. You can't transfer something you normally use into Home either if if isn't available in Sw/Sh. I mean you can transfer it to Home....but if you do. It becomes a prison much like the PC until they release a game they will be available in. So make sure the Pokemon you want to transfer is able to be used in Sw/Sh. Otherwise wave goodbye to it like any Pokemon you trade in GO. Cause you're not getting it back.
    I agree with this fully, and unless they backtrack on this and allow us to transfer every Pokémon, I'll be keeping mine on an extended Alolan holiday. We can't give them money for Home, it's like paying someone to hold your kid to ransom. :(

    Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •