Thread: Your Flaws

Your Flaws

What are your flaws?

Not listening to my intuition! Mostly about people. If I want to like them, I'll overlook warning signs and give them the benefit of the doubt. It has bitten me in the butt. xD

I find it hard to say no to people in many situations, unless I have a clear-cut reason to. I'm working on it. xD I will also agree to do things and then burn out by taking on too much.

I will soften feedback to avoid offending or hurting people. I have a very hard time telling someone something negative about them (whether it's coming from me or someone else) if I think it's going to upset them, so I will word things as delicately as I can (unless they've really pissed me off; then I can unload). Which sometimes results in not telling them things to the extent that I could (for instance, criticism about how they've done a task at work).

Ultimately, my biggest flaw is that I am a people pleaser! I'm genuine, but I focus too much on what people think of me, and therefore go out of my way to do things for people who probably haven't earned it, to my detriment. xD

All these things I've been trying to work on, especially over the past few years.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I think one of my biggest flaws is that I'm extra super hard on myself. I rarely find that I give myself compliments, even though I know there are a bunch of things I do well that deserve complimenting. It's really hard to break out of that habit, but I've been trying to catch myself lately to some success, so that's good!

I also am super duper competitive, which is good in some ways, but often I go overboard and expect too much of myself in order to be better than someone. And when that doesn't happen, we're back to my first flaw. XD

I have many other flaws I can't think of right now, too. Overall I'm definitely not a perfect person, but I think I've made tons of progress throughout the years, and that's something to be proud of. I'm more motivated than ever to continuing improving myself!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I think one of my biggest flaws is that I'm extra super hard on myself. I rarely find that I give myself compliments, even though I know there are a bunch of things I do well that deserve complimenting. It's really hard to break out of that habit, but I've been trying to catch myself lately to some success, so that's good!
    I can relate to this! I've been a lot better in recent years. I think one helpful tip is to listen to people and believe them when they compliment you, even if you don't agree. And if you're giving yourself criticism, pair it with something positive as well. I think this is a really difficult mindset to change, but it's certainly possible. :) I'm proud of you for working on it!

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Fr fr, my competitiveness is hell.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

7. This post has been liked by:

i can be a perfectionist about things? especially when it comes to art. i can spend hours working one thing just to make it perfect in my eyes. i've been trying lately to embrace my art mistakes because i feel like it makes my art more,,,authentic?

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I can relate to this! I've been a lot better in recent years. I think one helpful tip is to listen to people and believe them when they compliment you, even if you don't agree. And if you're giving yourself criticism, pair it with something positive as well. I think this is a really difficult mindset to change, but it's certainly possible. :) I'm proud of you for working on it!
    Some day I will get there. :]

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

10. This post has been liked by: