Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: List of older Pokémon confirmed to be in SwSh according to trailer and demo footage

Just make a region with no old pokemon already GF. Jeez.

·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Well, what they said was that starting from Gen 8, Pokemon games will not contain any data for all the Pokemon that exist. As in, anything that doesn't show up in that region's Pokedex is not even in the game's code. So effectively it's like they don't exist. They can still return for future games, but it'll be with the same format: with others being absent.
    Seems kind of harsh considering a future software update or a DLC/expansion could easily change that. I imagine it wouldn't be impossible to add that data at a later time if they wanted to. I mean come now, we're beyond the age where storage space is an issue. I can understand if they wanted to launch an initial package game and add extra things later on in expansions or DLCs, but I would like to think hey, these Pokémon that don't appear in this game may appear in a Gen 9 game or so.

Still, either way, it makes the task of completing the PokeDex seem kind of for nought. I don't even think it would make for a decent drink coaster. XD

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Seems kind of harsh considering a future software update or a DLC/expansion could easily change that. I imagine it wouldn't be impossible to add that data at a later time if they wanted to. I mean come now, we're beyond the age where storage space is an issue. I can understand if they wanted to launch an initial package game and add extra things later on in expansions or DLCs, but I would like to think hey, these Pokémon that don't appear in this game may appear in a Gen 9 game or so.

Still, either way, it makes the task of completing the PokeDex seem kind of for nought. I don't even think it would make for a decent drink coaster. XD
    Was that a Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged reference? :O :D

Honestly, the only way I could have completely excused this culling is if we'd gotten a huge overhaul of the IV/Natures/EV system like we did with the transition form Gen 2 to Gen 3, as that would have actually required changing the very data at the core of every Pokemon. But it doesn't look like we got anything of the sort, so as it stands I can only be ambivalent at best :/

Senior Moderator

Honestly, the only way I could have completely excused this culling is if we'd gotten a huge overhaul of the IV/Natures/EV system like we did with the transition form Gen 2 to Gen 3, as that would have actually required changing the very data at the core of every Pokemon. But it doesn't look like we got anything of the sort, so as it stands I can only be ambivalent at best :/
    Totally reminds me of the one scene from it now...

"Okay hacks! I call hacks!"

"Hack?"

"You clearly caught Moltres while not even in the Kanto region."

Man that scene means so much more now with certain Pokémon being totally excluded. XD

I mean it seems they did a revamp with something with the choice or way to determine I think. Making it easier to get natures and such with what you want. The whole IV, EV, and Nature's thing makes things more complicated, but easier on everyone now...

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I mean it seems they did a revamp with something with the choice or way to determine I think. Making it easier to get natures and such with what you want. The whole IV, EV, and Nature's thing makes things more complicated, but easier on everyone now...
    That sounds cool, I guess. Though I personally would have preferred if they had changed things so that Natures no longer have an effect on the stats themselves. Mostly just because I think it would be more fun if we could raise, say, a Brave Alakazam to be just as good as a Modest one. And if we still want Natures to have an effect in gameplay we could always have them influence something else: maybe make it so that Natures affect how a Pokemon grows/levels up; some Natures make a Pokemon level up faster but make it evolve later than normal, for example. Idk, just me brainstorming.

Kay guys, made a few edits because it turns out I forgot to add a couple of lines.

Every body knows elevators are sexier than stairs.

·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·