Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar

New Characters in Super Smash Bros.

Hey guys.

So there are three confirmed new characters for the upcoming Smash Bros game so far. One was expected, another is going to make the fandom rejoice, and the third is ridiculously unexpected and is going to completely split the fanbase.

Expected: The Villager (Animal Crossing)

Animal Crossing is a cash cow for Nintendo, so quite honestly, this was not super surprising. Villager is pretty cool. His intro video involves doing things like catching Mario in a net and collecting a charge shot from Samus Aran, so he's clearly competent.

And the Fandom Rejoiced: Mega Man (Mega Man):

Yes, children, I /can/ hear the squeezing from here. Nintendo has listened to its fandom, and Mega Man has /finally/ joined the Smash. His intro video is sweet, with him seeming to take a bunch of damage from other character before losing it and Beating Up Everyone. I don't have much of an opinion on the actual Mega Man, but I know for fact that this is conclusive proof that Nintento is listening.

And Now to Shoot My Credibility Completely out of the Water: Female Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)

Yes. You read that correctly. The female Wii Fit Trainer is joining the brawl. Nintendo stated that they wanted someone completely out of left field. My first reaction upon seeing the announcement:

"Oh, this is gonna split the fanbase."

For those of you who are skeptical of this new character, I /urge/ you to watch the intro video. My response after I saw it was:

"All. The. Yes."

Nintendo pulled something completely original no one suspected and sold it. Because the Wii Fit Trainer makes yoga awesome. Whether it's her trouncing Mario, Link and Kirby with a Warrior Pose or doing a recovery move using hula hoops, Wii Fit Trainer is /awesome/.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Wii Fit Trainer is going to be so much fun.

FUN FACT. The Villager was pulled from Brawl early in production, because they couldn't think of a good moveset. Evidently, this has since been rectified.

Also Sonic is reconfirmed, sporting his new Colors look. I'm a bit disappointed looking at the trailer though, because it seems they kept both Spin Dash and Spin Charge - two COMPLETELY redundant moves, which could have been better used for a new move. Blue Tornado, a Wisp power, heck, make him do the fire somersault. Just give me more variety :I >Still hoping for Shadow<

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Know that feel grassy. Shadow would be amazing!

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    Yes, children, I /can/ hear the squeezing from here.
    He can hear the squeezing, indeed...Quite an odd word choice there, mate.

The real awesomesauce, though, is that Mega Man, Sonic AND Mario are all part of the same game. Mind, blown. It's like NOTHING I can legitimately think of. Sonic being included? Awesome sauce. Mega Man being included? Awesome sauce? The two of them being included together?! 2.5 TIMES THE AWESOME SAUCE!!!

As they've been announcing nobody but returning characters for quite a while now, I'm waiting eagerly for news of either A) people like Ness/Lucas or Snake who are the peak of the awesomesauce or B) New characters. Chrom's inclusion is almost guaranteed with Arena Ferox being part of the arena setup...Whether or not he'd replace Ike is debatable in this case, though. Outside of that, though, I'm patiently waiting for MORE NEW CHARACTERS!!

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Well with Marth confirmed, Chrom replacing Ike would be the only logical thing to do. 3 FE characters is unlikely, though it is possible (like Fox/Falco/Wolf).
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

6. This post has been liked by:

I broke teh internetz Plasmalpha Arceus's Avatar
    I'm hoping for Ike, Captain Falcon, Game 'n' Watch, and Lucas to stay. The rest that are mystery status I don't care about. I'd like Meta Knight to stay too but I know that'd just promote more spam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    The real awesomesauce, though, is that Mega Man, Sonic AND Mario are all part of the same game. Mind, blown. It's like NOTHING I can legitimately think of. Sonic being included? Awesome sauce. Mega Man being included? Awesome sauce? The two of them being included together?! 2.5 TIMES THE AWESOME SAUCE!!!
    And yet no story mode to take advantage of having three of the biggest gaming icons in the same game.

...FFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    Well with Marth confirmed, Chrom replacing Ike would be the only logical thing to do. 3 FE characters is unlikely, though it is possible (like Fox/Falco/Wolf).
    YES! CHROM! It would be so awesome ;^;

I guess with Marth being revealed, though, I guess there's no chance for Lucina... :/

It's probably doubtful, but it'd be cool if Kid Icarus' Magnus got in ^^

...And Ghirahim...

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    Megaman can't be in a fighting game, Crapcon said.
    He doesn't fit in that genre Crapcon said.

THANK. YOU. NINTENDO.

[Also when I say Megaman in the above comments, I mean the actual Megaman himself not including Megaman Vollnut. [MML]]

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think it's hilarious that the Wii Fit trainer is in. XD Cool to see Mega Man too.
    GCEA