Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nintendo Switch Lite

So Nintendo has announced their newest console. That being the Nintendo Switch Lite. It is due for release on Spetember 20th and it's slated to be the budget version of the Switch with it being cheaper. However, multiple features have been dropped.

What has been changed?

• The Screen is smaller (5.5 Inch compared to the 6.2 inch on the main model)
    • Non-removable joy-con controllers
    • No Dock support and no TV output
    • No HD Rumble
    • Other changes related to size and battery power
    • No motion detecting camera on the right Joycon

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-...e-1595961.html

So what do you guys think about this?

I think it's good a budget version exists so more people can enjoy the Switch, however, I don't understand why they've taken out almost everything that makes it a switch which just leaves it as a DS replacement with only one screen. Makes me think of it as basically an upgraded 2ds. I think it just makes a lot of the stuff redundant also as it seems that multiplayer may be harder with the lack of removable controllers, unless there is a feature to connect up more and the screen itself was quite small in the OG switch when it came to playing highly detailed games such as Smash Bros and Zelda and when you played multiplayer games that used split screen such as Mariokart so there may be more of a struggle with it on the Lite. What I will say though is they look stunning. If only the OG Switch looked anywhere as nice as those did.

I already have a Switch, so I wouldn't be interested in buying this, but for the guys that don't currently own one, would you buy this or would you pay a bit extra to get the full package?

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

This just...seems like a huge downgrade. xD If I didn't already have one, I would so much rather spend the extra $200 or whatever the difference is and get a proper Switch. I agree that they removed all features that made it a Switch. I mean, its main selling point was being able to be docked and handheld. And removing the joycons meant being able to play two-player. This one is just a higher functioning DS with one screen. xD Yeah, it's pretty lame. Also still seems too steep at $200. And that's USD, so it's probably gonna be $250-$300 AUD.

But yeah, I already have a regular (proper xD) Switch so doesn't really affect me. I think it's pretty lame, though. :P

Administrator

I mean it's a cheaper version for those that just wanna play it on the go without having to remove joycons either. All in all it's not "bad," but you won't see me getting it. I have the real version. I'm surprised they didn't just call it Nintendo Switch Go instead since this is the on the go version. Pretty much at least.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Look, I think it's a glorified GBA and you couldn't pay me to buy one. I will stick to my OG Switch and mind my own business.

But, I say but, if they start exclusively releasing the limited edition consoles as lite (such as a Fire Emblem console I am still holding onto hope they will release), I will be PO'd

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I have a friend who's been waiting for the Switch Lite to come out to take buy a Switch, so I'm glad he'll be able to get one now! I actually really like the design of it, particularly the turquoise one (mostly because that's my favourite colour). Given that most of my time on the Switch has been using it docked however, I definitely wouldn't be interested in buying one myself. Either way, I'm glad the option is there for people who want it. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I've been saving up for a Switch and am actually considering getting this now instead. I don't own a TV and probably won't own one for a long time, which means if I got a Switch proper, I'm probably never or rarely going to dock it. I also travel a lot which means higher risk of damaging or losing one of the joycons. Honestly, this sounds great for my situations. Longer battery life, more compact, no risk of losing the joycons or anything else. And it saves me a couple hundred bucks. Means I can spend that on games instead.

So definitely not a bad product when you look at it from my perspective.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

7. This post has been liked by:

News is in, it's $350AUD. Outrageous. xD #thanksaustralia

9. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    News is in, it's $350AUD. Outrageous. xD #thanksaustralia
    How much is the normal Switch???
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    How much is the normal Switch???
    From the same place (your Gamestop equivalent), $470. Right now it's on sale for $400. Lowest I've ever seen it in this country. xD

From a slightly cheaper store, no sale, Switch is $450 and Lite is $330.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    From the same place (your Gamestop equivalent), $470. Right now it's on sale for $400. Lowest I've ever seen it in this country. xD

From a slightly cheaper store, no sale, Switch is $450 and Lite is $330.
    Wow even converting that to USD that's still a decent amount higher than what we have to pay. Geez.
    / / / / / / / /