Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Gonna go search the Rubbish Tip at area 53, in spite of the nasty stank. BRING IT ON.

You fly south toward the western side of the Rubbish Tip, bracing yourself to deal with the terrible smell, but you still feel there's been much worse at stake and this doesn't rank up there with some of the other horrible things you've faced.

When you reach the mound, you find it far easier, safer, and much more pleasant to ascend this pile of trash than to climb it. And while the smell is prevalent, at least you don't need to touch it.

Toward the higher reaches of the trash mountain, you can see where Truly had problems. The cliffs of trash go almost vertical with nothing solid or secure to grab and hold onto. But for you, it isn't a problem as you fly high and above it all.

{Mound of Trash: +Flying-type+}

Upon arriving at the top, you realize this upper area seems to be part of some large, metallic vessel or structure, although you can't quite tell what it is as most of it is buried in the trash below, but you never would have realized this looking from below or facing forward. It takes make you wonder what this might have been.

After landing on the metallic surface, you see someone else has been up here recently, but before you get to look around, you here a click... and then a plinking sound...

#Faulty Grenade# 4H, Normal - Dodge Rate: 20% +25% Nimble = 45% Dodge Chance.
    Carly rolls 75% to dodge! Failed!

You suddenly hear the plink land right next to you, and your eyes light up in sheer fright when you recognize the object making that sound... is a live grenade.

You frantically try to turn around and fly away like a bat out of hell, but it detonates and explodes furiously with an echoing blast before you can even start beating your wings, pelting you viciously with jagged shards and fragmentation before throwing you hard against the metallic structure...

Carly has taken 4 points of damage to Health.

Dazed, hurt, and with your ears ringing, you slowly come back to reality as the dizziness eventually vanishes. You find yourself bleeding from several gashes in your exoskeleton, but at least the damage isn't close to being fatal. But nonetheless, it hurts and needs medical care, but you can't quite understand how or why that explosion just happened.

But when you turn around to lift yourself up off the metallic structure, you see a dark message before your very eyes...

=Depraved Scrawlings= has been noted in the Team Records.

It radiates with evil, and you have a feeling whoever did this... whoever this Stalker is...

...the only way they could have gotten up here was to fly up here like you did...

Carly the Yanmega (L: Bug/Flying)
    Health: 8/12 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 8/8
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Technical
    Trait: Nimble

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Lillian woke up early, but stayed in the clubhouse, avoiding the crime scene where the most recent pokemon was killed. Valley Wellness centre, right? It didnt seem so well today. Gravemeld was killing a lot of pokemon.
    It gave her the chills.
    She couldnt look at the body. She couldn't think about it.
    Lillian stayed in bed for a while, trying to warm up.

While sitting in the clubhouse trying to help coordinate actions for the day, she hears Dracobolts report about Orin STILL hiding something from them. She growls, swiping the enigma berry she got from Yssilee last night and biting into it. Right. Off to hunt down a bug, BEFORE the sun sets and epsilon is more likely to come out.

Wherever she finds him, Lillian will march up to him. They've never had good interactions in the past, but in this case maybe that was a good thing. Maybe it was easier to goad him into a fight. Lillian found herself looking forward to knocking him out.
    "ORIN." She stomped a foot, demanding his attention.
    "What are you up to? Something useless and pathetic today, again? Honestly, you dont make a good leader OR a good stalker! How are you somehow never helpful to the team you're on? - Its hypothetical, dont answer. I'm not really here to hear you talk. I'm here to ask you to a "friendly" batlle... But we both know you don't have any friends."
    She drops down a bag of $500SP.
    "How much will I find on your unconscious body, old bug? Surely the towns founder has a stash of splinters for betting?" She waits breifly for a response, but charges on either way.

"Did you know we had to vote about whether to actually keep you alive?... They decided you should live. But.."
    Lillian takes a battle stance.
    The obsidian dagger glinted like her eyes.
    "I voted to kill you."

------------------

After the battle, (assuming Lillian both survives and wins) she will put $300SP into the team account, and take her little bunny self to the market with her winnings. She'll buy another adrenalin orb, using it in order to approach Willow, the Miltank. Lillian will ask her about her quest, ask about the utopian item she has, and challenge her to a friendly 'display battle' to show the kids at school how it's done, (putting up $150SP in a wager). If Willow is willing to hand over the utopian item upon losing, that's great too!
    (Handling each action in two separate posts again)

It takes you some time to get over the recent murder of Shrulop. Even though you hadn't ever met him, the fact a Pokémon could be butchered so brutally still bothers you, even though you've seen horrors like this before. And even though it wasn't the first time Gravemeld has attacked, it doesn't make it easier to cope with.

The report of Orin still hiding something from the Emissaries angers you. Angers you in a way that it makes you question how can a Stalker like him expect trust. You consume the Enigma Berry in anger, appalled at Orin's ilk and demeanor.

Weapon in your hand, you track and hunt down the Vivillon you've built up quite the disdain for. You feel yourself getting sick of his games, sometimes acting like he's trying to help, while other times he's nothing but a nuisance and shows his true Stalker nature. But after hearing this, you discern that if he was truly trying to help, he would have provided this information as soon as it was available. If it weren't for Yasha's information, who knows how long this would have gone on for.

Your hunt takes you toward just outside the Salvage Keep fortress. You find Orin there, sulking and lurking in the shadows of the town stronghold and streets he used to own. In your fury, you confront him, marching up to him and giving the disheveled butterfly a dark glare.

"ORIN," you growl as your foot stomps the ground hard.

He looks up at you, not intimidated, but a bit surprised to see you of all Pokémon.

"Yes?" he asks, almost not even acknowledging your contempt.

"What have you been up to?" you growl at him. "Something useless and pathetic today, again? Honestly, you don't make a good leader or a good stalker! How are you somehow never helpful to the team you're on? - Its hypothetical, don't answer. I'm not really here to hear you talk. I'm here to ask you to a "friendly" battle... But we both know you don't have any friends."

"Hmph," he grunts, showing a bit of his own displeasure at hearing your opinion about him. "You don't know what it's like to be in this position, you bitter little bunny. Having everything I've worked for, stripped piece by piece by that slimy, manipulative, and pretentious bitch. No, of course you wouldn't understand."

You drop down the 500SP as your wager, and continue to confront him.

"How much will I find on your unconscious body, old bug?" You ask the Vivillon. "Surely the towns founder has a stash of splinters for betting?"

"So, you're here to formally mug me?" Orin almost laughs cynically. "How polite. Shilamora would be impressed at how well-mannered you are."

"Did you know we had to vote about whether to actually keep you alive?" you ask him. "...They decided you should live. But.."

You then prepare for a fight, grabbing your dagger firmly as it glints in the high noon sun.

"I voted to kill you."

"Spoken like a true Stalker." Orin confronts you, his eyes narrowing. "So, this is how you fight the 'good fight.' Tricks, greed, and hypocrisy. What do you think happens when you kill a killer? You become the killer, then. Your dreams, your best intentions, corrupted. That's exactly how the Enthrallers work! You must be blind and insane not to see that."

"I wouldn't stay here too long if I were you, little bunny," he tells you, growling. "I'm sure the Enthrallers would be taking an interest in the monster you seem to be so keen on becoming."

"FRIENDLY" BATTLE!
    For your battle audio pleasure

Orin, Medium, Bug/Flying type. 10HP, 30% dodge rate, 1d4 attack die. 89 Speed.
    Lillian, Medium, Normal type. 10HP, 30% dodge, +2 Dam. Res, 1d4+2 attack die. 135 Speed.

Lillian strikes first!

FIGHT!

With the dagger in your hand, you glare at Orin. Since the beginning, you didn't trust him, and now here you are, ready to put him down. Ready to show him what you're capable of and how that should never be underestimated, regardless of whatever theory he wants to believe.

Charging forward and fueled by the anger, you surge toward Orin, ready to bury your dagger into him and bury it in deep. You rush in and thrust the blade right at him.

Lillian rolls 7%, Miss!
    LUCKY REROLL: 29%, Miss!
    Orin: 10HP Remaining.

You swipe furiously at him, but he deftly dodges the surging blade. You growl as you find yourself missing, but then before you can take another swing, Orin attacks you with an assault of his own, unleashing a furious and sinister beam of light.

Orin rolls 70%, hit! 2 points of damage, -2 from Enigma Berry = 0.
    Lillian: 10HP Remaining.

His Signal Beam hits you in the side, but your nerves don't even feel the damage as the berry's effect absorbs the stinging burn of the attack.

"Hmph, as I suspected," Orin scoffs, flying back to provide distance. "Don't think I'm stupid and can't recognize an Enigma Berry's effect when I see it."

You, however, don't care. You quickly jump back into the fight, not giving him any time to make petty speeches that you don't want to listen to anyway. Weapon in hand, tight in your grip, you swing, aiming for his throat.

Lillian rolls 93%, Hit! 2 points of damage, +2 from Obsidian Dagger = 4 damage.
    Orin: 6HP remaining.

While the dagger doesn't slit his throat like you were hoping for, it does lacerate his body and causes his flight back to stumble and recoil.

"So... much... hate," he spits as the pain courses through him.

Just when you expect him to try another beam attack, he suddenly surges toward you, jaws open and preparing to bite...

Orin rolls 95%, hit! 3 points of damage, -2 from Enigma Berry = 1.
    Lillian: 9HP Remaining.

Despite the Enigma Berry absorbing most of the damage, surprisingly you feel a sting from his gnawing and you just barely manage to shake him off. As he tries to recover mid-flight, you ready the dagger and thrust it forward, trying to impale him any way you can.

Lillian rolls 79%, hit! 1 point of damage, +2 from Obsidian Dagger = 3 damage.
    Orin: 3HP remaining.

The dagger rips through swiftly like quicksilver and strikes a sizable gash in his side and cuts a hole in his left wing as well. He cries out in pain, struggling to stay airborne from the agony and the crippling effect of his wounds.

Taking a gutsy chance, he tries to swoop in quickly, attempting another gnashing bite attack. It happens quicker than you thought it would, and his advantage of flying doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

Orin rolls 65%, hit! 2 points of damage, -2 from Enigma Berry = 0.
    Lillian: 9HP Remaining.

His furious bite lands on your upper left arm, but not in a spot that isn't protected by the effects of the Berry. You throw him off and as he tries to recover and stay aloft, you use that as an opportunity to stab him, throwing forward your dagger right at the Vivillon.

Lillian rolls 68%! 1 point of damage, +2 from Obsidian Dagger = 3 damage.
    Orin: 0HP remaining.

The piercing strike hits him just below the neck, and it's more than enough to bring him down.

LILLIAN WINS!

Too weak and injured to fly, he simply crashes to the firm, dusty wasteland ground and tumbles over, covered with dust, lacerations, and shame. Defeated and miserable, he looks up at you.

"Go ahead... and take it," he moans. "...So ...so much like Shilamora."

He passes out cold, and you search the body, caring nothing about his words.

Lillian wins $1000SP$ from the battle!

You then try to find the Utopian relic that Yasha mentioned, but it proves very difficult to find at first. After several minutes of searching every part of his body from his head to his wings, it doesn't seem like this mysterious item even exists.

However, it isn't until you search his back that you find a suspicious gray slit. It almost looks like a part of him, but you give it one nice tug to pluck if off of his body and you soon discover it seems to be a map-folded piece of paper. As you unfold you, you're convinced that if Yasha never told you about this, you never would have found in. And with how Orin is, you never would have pried it off his back otherwise.

After unfolding the holy parchment, you see it

=Strange Instructions= has been noted in the Team Records.

Whatever this is, you figure Orin had a dark and dirty reason to keep it hidden. You also know that it's something you want Yasha to have a look at as soon as she can.

You walk away, leaving Orin alone and forgotten. But you have a feeling you'll be doing this again soon enough.

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Lucky
    Equipment: Obsidian Dagger, Enigma Berry (until Day 8 Day Cycle)

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Lillian woke up early, but stayed in the clubhouse, avoiding the crime scene where the most recent pokemon was killed. Valley Wellness centre, right? It didnt seem so well today. Gravemeld was killing a lot of pokemon.
    It gave her the chills.
    She couldnt look at the body. She couldn't think about it.
    Lillian stayed in bed for a while, trying to warm up.

While sitting in the clubhouse trying to help coordinate actions for the day, she hears Dracobolts report about Orin STILL hiding something from them. She growls, swiping the enigma berry she got from Yssilee last night and biting into it. Right. Off to hunt down a bug, BEFORE the sun sets and epsilon is more likely to come out.

Wherever she finds him, Lillian will march up to him. They've never had good interactions in the past, but in this case maybe that was a good thing. Maybe it was easier to goad him into a fight. Lillian found herself looking forward to knocking him out.
    "ORIN." She stomped a foot, demanding his attention.
    "What are you up to? Something useless and pathetic today, again? Honestly, you dont make a good leader OR a good stalker! How are you somehow never helpful to the team you're on? - Its hypothetical, dont answer. I'm not really here to hear you talk. I'm here to ask you to a "friendly" batlle... But we both know you don't have any friends."
    She drops down a bag of $500SP.
    "How much will I find on your unconscious body, old bug? Surely the towns founder has a stash of splinters for betting?" She waits breifly for a response, but charges on either way.

"Did you know we had to vote about whether to actually keep you alive?... They decided you should live. But.."
    Lillian takes a battle stance.
    The obsidian dagger glinted like her eyes.
    "I voted to kill you."

------------------

After the battle, (assuming Lillian both survives and wins) she will put $300SP into the team account, and take her little bunny self to the market with her winnings. She'll buy another adrenalin orb, using it in order to approach Willow, the Miltank. Lillian will ask her about her quest, ask about the utopian item she has, and challenge her to a friendly 'display battle' to show the kids at school how it's done, (putting up $150SP in a wager). If Willow is willing to hand over the utopian item upon losing, that's great too!
    (We're back from our commercial break!)

Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Type (Normal)

Victorious but a bit tired, you head back to base to transfer some of the money to the team bank, leaving you with $1450SP$. After heading to Invincible Drifter, you buy an Adrenaline Orb and use it right away, refreshing you and rekindling your energy. After the transaction, you find yourself with $1150SP$ remaining

With plenty of daylight hours left, you head out to track down Willow the Miltank. You find she's a gym teacher working over at Shila's Educations, and between classes, you approach her, wondering what she could use your help with, but it's mainly out of interest for whatever Utopian relic she may be carrying. Still, the opportunity to be helpful to a good Pokémon is never a bad idea anyway.

"Hello Lillian," she greets you, seemingly relieved to have someone willing to help her. "I feel something's wrong going on around the school, so I'll try to quickly explain."

She takes a quick deep breath, and begins.

"I've been working late for the past week or so, and at times when I thought I was alone, I wasn't," she tells you. "I thought it was Stalkers at first, but when I tried to confirm, they fled and I wasn't able to figure out what they've been up to. I think they're already on to me, but maybe if you were to come at night, you would be able to catch whoever or whatever it is off guard."

She then hands you a small, brass-colored metallic key.

[Shila Educations Master Key] has been added to the Team Inventory.

"Here, take this," she tells you, letting your borrow it for now. "There's a Sports Shed outside of the main building in the back that this key will open. Maybe see if you can hide in there during the night, and when the time is right, come out and see if you catch anyone in the act. I'd try it myself, but... well, I'm badly claustrophobic. I think I would panic in there and they would hear me in there anyway if I tried it."

SIDE MISSION STARTED: Willow's Hunch
    Spoiler:
    Synopsis:
    Willow has been noticing pokémon moving around at night on the school campus. Oftentimes she will stay back late in her office grading school papers and preparing lessons. She tends to be forgetful, as well, and will occasionally return to the school at late hours to pick up things she left. She has a key, being a senior teacher at the school, so she is able to get in without the principal's supervision.

The past week, Willow has been heading home late or returning to the school more than usual. She has begun to notice strange movements and chatter. She at first thought it could be Stalkers, but culprits will flee or go silent if they notice her. She has tried to confront them a number of times, but to no avail. She is worried for the safety of the students and other teachers, and asks the Emissaries to investigate. She says that she doesn't have any rewards, but she hopes they will check it out anyway.

As for the Stalkers, well, there's been a few odd things going on," Willow tells you, looking a bit anxious thinking about it. "I've tried talking to Lillosh. She's the Sandygast that teaches the kindergarteners. She's been oddly quiet and doesn't even speak to me or Xelphar. She always seems upset, but maybe the Stalkers are affecting her more than the rest of us. Or maybe one of her friends was killed recently. I've... seen some Pokémon seem okay one day, but then become completely heart-broken the next..."

"Well, Lillian, thanks for your help," Willow tells you, trying to muster a quick smile. "If you could please give that key back when you're done with it, I would really appreciate it."

She then waves a quick goodbye and heads back to the gymnasium.

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Trait: Lucky
    Equipment: Obsidian Dagger, Enigma Berry (until Day 8 Day Cycle)

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I'll check out the murder body, and use my Technical on the computer at 24a.
    You head back to the Scholars Guild Study Halls, returning to the computer that was recently repaired by Adrian. It doesn't seem like anyone has used it since then, but it still seems to be on, waiting for a password. You decide to put your technical skills into action and you perform a hard restart on the computer by turning it off and turning it back on again.

You override the initial startup and instead of allowing the computer to boot in a standard user mode, you make the attempt to break into the administrator account, playing it as if you're the systems admin performing maintenance setup on the machine.

You then bypass the operational system setup by going into the accounts and reconfigure the standard user password. You clear out the initial password, which was "SG11518" and then replace it with something easy to remember, using "testuser1" instead. You're confident it will look like a Scholars Guild Systems Administrator got a little careless and forgot to change it back to what it was before, but their chances of ever finding out it was you are between extremely slim and nil.

{Partially Functional Computer: <Reapir>, Password / <Technical>}

With that taken care of, you logout as admin, restart the machine and now login as a Standard Scholar's Guild user, using your "testuser1" password.

The machine boots up, and upon arriving at the main menu, you discover that this computer is mainly intended to read, write, copy, and process computer memory chips and display their information. You make the connection and it seems like this is the only computer in the Scholars Guild that has this capability. All the others have other specific tasks, but this one is specialized for this purpose.

The computer's main display screen is prompting you to insert a memory chip before it can perform any of the functions, but at the current moment, you just don't have one. You take note of the slot under the main screen that's configured to accept memory chips of different sizes and shapes, and even has the capability to copy and create new ones from an output port off to the side.

{Memory Chip Slot: Memory Chip} has been noted in the Team Records.

Though the machine is back up and running, it seems you need a memory chip to put it to good use, but at least you now know if you come across one in the future, this machine should now be able to help when it comes to reading it, processing it, or copying it.

You decide to head back to base and prepare for whatever the night may bring.

Mistee the Bulbasaur (M: Grass/Poison)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 7/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Perk: Technical
    Trait: Charming

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    I shall take a search around the Mercenary sleeping quarters (22a) if my sources are correct there should be a yellow chest or box or something to go with the Yellow key our good friend Typhen the Luxio gave us.
    You head over to the Mercenary Guild sleeping quarters, which proves to be tricky due to the guarded nature of the building. However, you mention Typhen's name to the guards, and it seems they were told in advance by Typhen that you would be coming. They decide to let you pass, and you enter the dark halls of the Mercenary Guild.

You head down to the sleeping quarters, which seem to be in the form of a barracks with bunk beds. Most of the Pokémon that sleep here have already woken up and have headed out to carry out their contract tasks, though there are a few here that work night shifts and are currently getting some sleep before heading out to work on their night contracts.

After searching the various sleeping bunkers, you eventually find a few back rooms where mercenaries keep their belongings under secure compartments, very much like a locker room. You search through the compartments to see if anything was left behind, and while most of the compartments are securely locked or are completely empty, you do find a few stray splinters here and there that likely fell out unintentionally and were forgotten about.

$32SP$ has been added to Adrain's Personal Inventory.

In the back storage chambers, most of the area looks like it's been in disarray. Among the loose cloth sheets, piles of junk, and forgotten supplies, you find a half-buried yellow chest that seems to match the description that Typhen mentioned earlier. Shrugging, you decide to give the yellow key a try, and it fits perfectly into the yellow slot of the chest.

{Half-buried Chest: Yellow Slot}

After the lock becomes disengaged with a click, you then swing open the lid and you see it's impressively filled with a sizeable amount of splinters. You also find what appear to be a set of blueprints, describing the method on how to create a Hone Jewel.

$205SP$ and [Blueprints: Hone Jewel] have been added to the Team Inventory.

Nicely satisfied with the stash Typhen left for you, you gather it up and head back to base to prepare for tonight's activities.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 7/10 | Sanity: 7/8 | Purity: 6/10
    Trait: Resourceful

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    Argh, everywhere I go I run into some blasted infernal trap! I spend as much time purifing myself as helping in the search!

[Use Medicine to heal Arrow and Yris for 4 Purity each]
    Back at base, you decide to take this time to help Arrow and yourself recover from some of the rather shadowy and macabre forces of darkness that have been lurking around Salvage Keep.

Once Arrow returns, you begin the purification process, restore and revitalizing Arrow's soul and the ill effects that the Abyssal shadows have done.

Yris has restored 4 points of Purity to Arrow the Jolteon.

Arrow the Jolteon (M: Electric)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 4/8 | Purity: 8/10
    Perk: Security
    Trait: Nimble

You heal a great deal of the spiritual damage done, but you decide to stop before it completes, as you have your own critical healing that you need to do for yourself as well. Taking a deep breath, you focus your restorative power, purging the darkness latched onto your spirit, and restoring the balance to your essence.

Yris has restored 4 points of Purity to himself.

Yris the Ultra Necrozma (L: Psychic/Dragon)
    Health: 12/12| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 5/8
    Perk: Medicine | Abilities: Rescue/Escape
    Trait: Resourceful

You feel better, but there's still work to be done. However, you definitely feel more at ease with fewer shadows and macabre burdens weighing you down...

Senior Administrator

The sun has set in Salvage Keep
    Submit your Day 7: Night Cycle actions now!

Time Remaining:

CLICK HERE

(23th October, 1PM AEST)

The world has become a much darker place...

@Bulbasaur @Noblejanobii @Chakramaster @EmeraldSky @Scytherwolf @Morzone @HorusMyDude @Arrow-Jolteon @Lychee @sammy0295 @Truly @ARandomTool @LKWayvern @Dragon Master Mike @arnisd @Shruikan @ShadowBolt25

Lillian is a bit tired after fighting so much during the day, but will carry on! She gently unequips her the obsidian dagger and puts it into the team inventory, along with Willows key - better for someone who could hide well to do the hiding in the shed. She will quietly go out to the shop and buy an adrenalin orb for herself, just in case, and the mystic crystal for $300sp that appears to be utopian and still for sale in frinotties shop.

Having the power to win battles is great, but, some of the things Orin said disturbed her. Maybe it was time to take a break from battling for a while. She makes a mental note to flee from her next encounter. She needs time to think.

Picking up the barbed metal disk and noting the difference code, she quietly hops on over to the mercenary guilds heavy gate totem.

Senior Moderator

I use Clairvoyance on the Safeguard Seal
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

I'd like to use Seinaru on the Sacred Ground at the Sacred Temple. Should be a nice break from all those Corruption Eyes.

12. This post has been liked by:

Truly