Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    After winning an intense staring match with the Suffocation Bowtie, thus asserting his demonly dominance, he puts it on. How dapper!
    "Well, time to get a bunch of stuff done at once..."
    Visit Vex again, and tell her about how the tower's cleared of that darkness now, and the first two floors have been checked out ("I'll make sure the rest of the tower doesn't have anything like that murder bowtie I found, don't worry.").

TL;DR: Visit Vex
    Last edited by ARandomTool; 08-24-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Read that you can only learn and use as one action, not learn and do something else.

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I think having some Forging would go great with Repair, so I'll meet up with Kannari to learn all the cool stuff she knows about it.

I'm looking forward to building a lot of neat goodies with it!

Administrator

This may be my only chance before things start to get a little more busy and dangerous. So better make this count while I can!

I'm gonna interview Typhen the Luxio ♂ and see if he's seen anything odd or anything that stands out. From one electric type to another. I just hope he can help us.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

I will talk to Brahk the Alolan Grimer and see how he is connected to my vision.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Uuuugh, rough day =_="
    I'm glad I can always count on my LEGENDARY friends to come save me!
    Anyways, I'm really baaaadly beaten up (Buzzswole, Avenge me!! Kick Imeidas butt with your fighting bulk!!) - I'm thinking I'll go see our doctor croagunk and get him to use medicine on me (can I do that?), as well as talk about what to do with the care packages now that one of his customers is dead. While I'm at it, I'll put in a good word for any of my emissary buddies, to make sure our doctor is compliant in any further healing.
    Also, I suppose I may as well ask questions, despite doctor patient confidentiality; does he know much more about Dee'Mangs explosive accident? Does Samba ever come in with him?
    Silcress, Imeida and our resident passimian have all had a terrible corruption of the mind recently- do they have anything in common? Any place, person, drug or affliction?
    What does he think about Gravemeld? Gravemeld might have taken me to pieces today, so im extra worried-- how can I tell if someone is missing their brain?
    Also, can I stay the night while I get patched up? I have a horrible feeling that another stalker will strike tonight and I'm absolutely terrified of being alone.
    Last edited by Lychee; 08-25-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    After winning an intense staring match with the Suffocation Bowtie, thus asserting his demonly dominance, he puts it on. How dapper!
    "Well, time to get a bunch of stuff done at once..."
    Visit Vex again, and tell her about how the tower's cleared of that darkness now, and the first two floors have been checked out ().

TL;DR: Visit Vex
    Interview Rapport: COMPLIANT

You find Vex at Jeek and Zundy Leisure Centre, where you see her leaning on the front counter while talking to Fjord. They seem to be having a hushed conversation, but once you enter, Vex notices you and pushes off the counter, wings by her side. She approaches you, a look of muted curiosity on her face.

"Nicklefool," she begins, giving a subtle diagonal nod, "I didn't expect to see you again so soon." You shrug, saying you're just a gentleman of the people, and that you wish to pass on the good news to her. She seems interested in what you have to say, and extends a wing out into the centre. "Please, have a seat."

You make your way between some game tables and systems and the various pokémon operating them, and come to the array of booths toward the back of the building. You take a seat, watching as Vex says a few more things to Fjord before following you and standing opposite. At first you realise that she isn't sitting, but it then occurs to you that she, as an owl pokémon, probably doesn't use chairs in the same way. You note some of the other tables have accommodation for perching types, then silently kick yourself for not choosing one. Vex does not seem bothered, however.

She leans on the table with her wings, eying you as her hood shadows her face. "So, what brings you here?"

You place your elbows on the table as well, leaning in. You tell her that Trinket Tower is cleared of the horrible shadows haunting it, and that she no longer has to worry about it. She raises a feathery eyebrow.

"Really?" she asks flatly. "Funny, 'cause I just flew past it on my way here. It's still there, darling." She gives you an expectant look, a hint of amusement still mixed into her expression.

It dawns on you that she's right; the corruption had been discovered, but not yet taken care of. You clear your throat, leaning back as you nod thoughtfully. You tell her that while you said it was cleared, you meant it had been assessed, and purity was merely around the corner. You explain to her the fantastic work your companions have done with clearing other shadowy locations, and let her know that it's only a matter of time before Trinket Tower is purified as well. You look down, then back up at her, hoping you smoothed over your fumble.

Vex's eyes narrow and she holds eye contact with you for a few seconds before a smile spreads across her beak and she laughs through her nostrils, drawing back and shaking her head a little. "My, you are a funny one," she chuckles, then reaches with one of her wings in past the other, close to her body. From somewhere unseen she pulls the scroll she tempted you with last time, and sets it on the table before you. It's coiled and bound with a string. "I trust you. I know you'll get it done." Her eyes are at half-mast as she looks at you, and, more than happy to accept early payment, you grab the scroll from the table and pocket it.

=Coded Passage= was noted in the Team Records.

You thank her for the scroll, then briefly mention that you plan to clear out the remainder of the floors soon, after the shadows have been dealt with. You stretch out your arms, linking your fingers to crack them a little. "I'll make sure the rest of the tower doesn't have anything like that murder bowtie I found, don't worry."

She gives you a momentary smirk before your attention is temporarily stolen by the appearance of a flaaffy who enters the building where you had. She gingerly steps into the room and scans it before her face lights up when she spots Vex. Vex has a similar reaction, then turns to you quickly. "It's been a pleasure, darling, but I have an appointment with my flaaffy friend." She sighs. "Had it not been for these damned Stalkers, she and I would have opened our bakery by now. Ah, well. At least we have you." She gives you a wink before giving the table a tap and departing, meeting with her friend.

You wait a moment to look over the scroll, ensuring the other pokémon in the room aren't scrutinising you, before you get up and depart. You give Vex one last look before you leave, hoping what she gave you can help further your pursuit of the Stalkers.

Nicholas "Nicklefool" Foligan the Mr. Mime (M: Psychic/Fairy)
    Health: 7/10| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 6/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Charming

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I think having some Forging would go great with Repair, so I'll meet up with Kannari to learn all the cool stuff she knows about it.

I'm looking forward to building a lot of neat goodies with it!
    After learning of the available skills taught in Salvage Keep, you make the decision to get your paws on Forge, the skill that will allow you to craft equipment for you and your fellow Emissaries. You're not entirely sure what's on offer, but head over to Kannari's house after the sun sets, more than ready to learn what she has to offer.

Upon reaching her house, you note that she is in her adjoining workshop, and go to speak with her. She is surprised by your appearance and seems to immediately take to you, bending down as soon as you begin a conversation. You feel absolutely tiny compared with her six-foot tall stance, but you get the feeling that your size makes you all the more endearing to her. After you express your interest in learning her ways, her face brightens even more, and she is very clearly thrilled as she begins to go over the basics of forging with you. She takes you to her workshop in the bazaar, showing you casts, tools, and going over methods of crafting and forging while throwing in tips and tricks.

Hours into the night, you note that she is beginning to get tired, but she keeps at it, ensuring you understand the inner workings of her craft. Although it has only been a few hours, you feel like you have a strong grasp on this concept, and feel ready to craft your first piece of equipment.

Neo the Emolga has learned Forge!

Kannari, excited by this prospect, scrambles through some of her things and digs up a few rolls of blueprints. She says that they've been sitting in her shop's inventory for a while, and she wouldn't mind handing them over to you for free.

[Blueprints: Gemstone Headband], [Blueprints: Dagger], and [Blueprints: Padded Armour] were handed over and learned!

Spoiler:
    When Blueprints are bought, the material combinations used to forge the bought equipment become known to the Emissaries.
    [#] refers to the number required of that particular material
    Slots refers to how many gem slots are available in the equipment. Each gem takes up 1 or more slots. If equipment only has 1 slot, a gem that takes up 2 slots cannot be used with the equipment.
    Defence refers to Health damage resistance.

Each Emissary can only wield one piece of equipment.

E:Gemstone Headband (2 per Forge action)
    Used instead of armour or weapons. Gives the effect of whatever gem is used (1 slot gem only).
    Padded Strip [1] + Gemstone [1]

E:Iron Dagger (1 per Forge action)
    Iron Ingot [1] + Padded Strip [1]
    50% chance to deal +1 Health damage on a hit

E:Titanium Dagger (1 per Forge action)
    Titanium Ingot [1]+ Padded Strip [1]
    +1 Health damage on a hit

E:Obsidian Dagger (1 per Forge action)
    Obsidian Ingot [2] + Padded Strip [1]
    +2 Health damage on a hit

E:Padded Armour (1 per Forge action)
    +1 Defence
    Padded Strip [3]

Equipment details added to the Item Directory.

After you unfurl the blueprints given to you, you realise that you still have some time left to forge an item of your choice, but you have no available materials. Kannari smiles at you and offers you some free materials for your very first forging experience. She can supply you with any material listed in the blueprints you have, except a gemstone. She does, however, brief you on what gemstones take up what number of slots.

You smirk at Kannari after reading through all the blueprints and say, "The obsidian dagger." The cheeky emolga look you give her makes her laugh heartily, and she disappears a moment to grab the necessary materials for you. Once she gathers them, she presents them before you and prompts you to begin. You look at the materials, nodding slowly as you go through the process in your mind.

Neo the Emolga has Forged [E:Obsidian Dagger].

After a few more hours, the obsidian dagger is finally done. Kannari gives you a light pat on the back - which jolts you forward - and congratulates you before yawning and leaving you to your devices, heading back to her home. You inspect the obsidian dagger up close, proud of what you have managed to do and keen to do it once more at some point. Hopefully, this dagger is going to help your companions.

[E:Obsidian Dagger] was added to the Team Inventory.

Neo the Emolga (S: Electric/Flying)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 6/12
    Perk: Repair | Abilities: Forge
    Trait: Lucky

8. This post has been liked by:

I'd like to use Seinaru on the Corruption's Eye at Trinket Tower.
    You can't stop me, fakey Umbreon, shadow-hider. I've illuminated your weakness too many times now, and you're just nowhere near enough to stop me. So just like make both our lives easier and chill in the Abyss with some hot chocolate or something this time, okay? Treat yourself. Being a demon Umbreon repeatedly blasted by my lighty light powers can't be easy.
    Last edited by LKWayvern; 08-25-2019 at 12:33 PM.

10. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    This may be my only chance before things start to get a little more busy and dangerous. So better make this count while I can!

I'm gonna interview Typhen the Luxio ♂ and see if he's seen anything odd or anything that stands out. From one electric type to another. I just hope he can help us.
    Interview Rapport: VERY POSITIVE
    +1 Shared type
    +1 Shared evolution stage

You are quick to find Typhen patrolling the Mercenary Guild after the sun sets, and as soon as you spot him, you approach with caution, ensuring to make yourself known so that he does not mistake you for a threat. The luxio has his eyes trained on you fairly early, and his prowling demeanour does not seem to change as you draw in closer.

He stops and watches you. "Do you seek battle, pikachu?" he asks, voice deep and serious.

You tell him that you have sought him out not to battle him or anyone else, but to speak with him about anything odd that he has seen of late. The luxio's face remains unchanged as he inspects yours, as if trying to see through a perceived guise.

"Odd," he grunts, sighing through his nose as he turns and begins prowling once more. You follow alongside him, hoping he does not intend to put distance between you. "This whole town is odd. Odder still are folk like you who approach a stranger expecting to engage in thrilling conversation."

You clench your jaw as you resign to the fact that this luxio is being somewhat difficult, so you alter your approach, beginning to ask him about what he does and why he prowls the grounds at night. At first he does not seem to care for what you are saying, but you persist, determined to get something useful out of him. The electric type continues walking, not looking at you at all.

"I run this guild," he tells you, tone bereft of pride or joy. "It gives me purpose, and I provide purpose to those who seek out mercenary work. It isn't a life most can bear. Many try, and many end up dead." He finally turns to you, stopping for a few seconds. "You're here about the Stalkers, aren't you?" You nod. "You're either brave, or you're stupid. I'm familiar with both types." He turns, and continues walking. "Some of the other guilds have become flooded with devilish shadow. If you wish to make yourself useful, I would recommend starting with that. My guild wasn't infested with it, but there rests a gate here which previously led to nothing. Now, I know it leads somewhere, and I was not the one who changed that."

He stops walking, and you do the same, only to realise that this whole time, he has been leading you to the edge of the property. You see, at the base of a hillside, a peculiar gate with protruding spikes all around it. The gate itself is large, heavy, and unwelcoming. You can only imagine that this is the work of a Stalker, and this gate most likely leads somewhere unsavoury.

Typhen turns to you, catching your eye. "Odd." He takes a seat, silent for a handful of seconds, before he speaks again. "There is one thing you could do for me, pikachu. I have battled many a foe, but one I will never beat is time. It is ever evasive, and my list of duties will never diminish. Have you heard of adrenaline orbs? I have come to rely on them to make the best use of my time." He turns to you again, eyes cold. "Which normally does not include idle chatter." He gets back up and begins stalking away, and once more, you follow. "I have run out, and I am...not on the best terms with Frinottie at this time. If you were to get one for me, I would reward you with plenty of splinters and a unique set of blueprints for a gemstone."

SIDE MISSION STARTED: Adrenaline Gives Me Wings
    Spoiler:
    Synopsis: Typhen is a hard working luxio who strives to get in training, errands, and professional jobs daily. He hardly takes breaks, and is notorious for working himself to the bone. He often relies on adrenaline orbs to help him get more done in the day, but he has recently run out of stock, and he asks the Emissaries to get him one in exchange for coin and blueprints for making a unique gemstone.

Objective: Give Typhen an [Adrenaline Orb].

Reward: Blueprints to a special gemstone, $Splinters$

Eventually you and Typhen reach the front of the guild, where you had met. He meets your gaze again. "Your quest to abolish the Stalkers is noble, and I wish you strength in battle and success on your mission. If you wish to get me that adrenaline orb, come and see me once you have it. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for anything...odd." He gives you a shadow of a smile, then turns, his tail flicking, and enters the guild building.

Sparkstrike the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 8/12
    Perk: Medicine
    Trait: Lucky

12. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I will talk to Brahk the Alolan Grimer and see how he is connected to my vision.
    Interview Rapport: NEUTRAL

From what you can tell, Brahk seems to be relatively new to Salvage Keep. You have been told that a grimer is the guild leader for a small guild known as the Anti-Hygiene Guild, so you head to the miscellaneous guild buildings and begin to look around. You do not find the grimer, but you do find someone who tells you that Brahk resides at the Rubbish Tip, so you pull out your map and use it to guide you there.

The first thing you notice is that the tip consists of two divided locations: east and west. You first come upon the western part, which is enormous, and you imagine that you're going to have a hard time locating anyone. However, what catches your attention next is the sinking feeling in your gut that your companions have described to you before. You stick to the outskirts of the rubbish-laden land, only to see the creeping form of shadowy tentacles swirling in the air further down, likely in the eastern part of the tip. It's quite a distance away, so you figure you'll be safe at this end, and hope that this is where Brahk resides.

Before you can get very far into the safe end of the property, you hear a nearby voice shout, "Who goes there?!"

You freeze, looking around while trying to spot the source of the voice. You spend half a minute looking about until you finally spot movement, and see a sludgy green mound moving toward you. Around the mouth is bright yellow goo, and two square teeth protrude from the top half of the mouth. You quickly introduce yourself, trying not to scare who you assume is Brahk.

The grimer looks you up and down, still at a distance. "...Lita, is it?" There is a pause before the dual type seems to relax. "Ah, what the hell. Welcome to my pile of junk. It's not much...but it's mine!" You quickly realise this grimer is female, contrary to what you assumed, and follow her as she leads you a little further into the tip.

There are piles upon piles of rubbish, some of it ancient and some of it probably thrown away yesterday. The assortment of smells does not sit well with you, as most of them are unpleasant, and you note that Brahk's stench is probably one of the more offensive ones. As you're following behind her slithering form, you enquire about anything strange she has seen lately, or anything interesting that might have come into her possession. She immediately stops at this, turning around.

Her eyes narrow. "...Why do you ask?" You answer that you are merely curious, and had a feeling that coming here might yield something useful for your investigation. The grimer grows quiet and suddenly seems nervous. "I...I don't have anything. Like I said, it's a pile of junk. Many piles of junk."

You try to explain to her that you're just looking for help, but the more you talk to her, the more wary she seems of you.

"Look, I don't come into your house asking for things, so don't do it to me...please." She slithers backwards a few paces, towards what you see is a large pipe with a fine grate over it. You realise that she probably intends to escape through it, and try one last time to placate her, but the grimer snags something glowing and small - a trinket - from beside the pipe and slinks between the gaps in the grate. She reforms her body on the other side and gives you a look of fear before vanishing into the darkness of the pipe. You race up to it, trying to find a way for you to follow, but figure that even if you could enter, she would likely just run away from you anyway.

You sigh, concluding that she might need someone more crafty with their words to speak with her, and depart. One thing is for sure, though: she has a Utopian item.

Lita the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 6/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Perk: Security | Abilities: Clairvoyance
    Trait: Nimble