Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Meela-Tey! No!!
    Does everyone I battle die!?
    Were the stalkers... watching me and Meela at Rusty Shine? Is it because she told me about the Butterfree- probably indulges first kill? Oh.. oh no.
    I can't bear to look at the remains.
    Someone else will have to do it.

Lillian will wash her tears away and go out to the rubbish tip. Theres a very non compliant alolan grimer out there who needs some diplomatic intervention in order to hand over a utopian relic.

Brahk, i'm sorry my friend scared you. Sometimes we're all a bit intense- we're under a lot of stress. You probably are too! We just.... really want the murders to stop- and we all need to band together and help each other to do that! You're important! Your help is so so valuable! Please, please. Talk to me. I'll stay at a distance if that makes you more comfortable.

I know the anti hygiene guild has an important input to society- would you at least tell me about that? What sorts of things has it been doing lately? Do you get along with that Furfrou from the barking guild? Hes a bit difficult, isn't he? I heard the merchant guild is having problems- did your guild get targeted by anything nasty?

Tell me about your home! I bet theres all sorts of interesting things in here- or possibly dangerous stuff. Do you like it there? What do you think of rusty shine units, or that fancy place golly owns? I heard trinket tower is nearly clear for the residents to move in again- do you know vex? She seems severe but I think she is probably soft on the inside. Does anyone live with you out here? ... do you get along with sebbit? I don't know what to think of him yet.

I heard there was an explosion out this way a few weeks ago and DeeMang got hurt- did you hear about it? Theres no explosions in your section of the tip are there? D: I have friends who can dismantle stuff if theres anything dangerous around, so let me know!

I also have friends who can maybe build stuff to make the stalkers go away... if you find anything that gives you a particularly good feeling, could you show it to me? It might be a valuable clue to defeating the evil in town.

Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat all day--
    --you know what, actually I might!
    A new friend of mine was killed last night and I need somewhere safe to cry. T_T Can I do it at your house? Does anyone come through there regularly?
    Interview Rapport: NEGATIVE
    -1 Evolution Stage Difference

You reflect on what might have become of Meela-Tay just shortly after your battle with her just outside the apartment building. You didn't think anything of it at the time, but you were very likely the last non-Stalker she saw before she perished. While it chills you for a moment to wonder if only you had stayed a few hours longer, you try not to dwell on it and focus more on the future, less on the past. But you know it doesn't make it any easier on your heart...

You decide to head back to Brahk, residing back at the eastern side of the Rubbish Tip. Among all the piles of refuse, garbage, rusting metal, and broken building parts and furniture, you find the sludgy green and yellow-chinned blob known as Brahk, hoping to be able to reason with her and get her support.

"You...!" the Alolan Grimer calls out to you from atop one of the mounds of debris. "Why are you here? Why can't everyone leave my stuff alone!?"

"Brahk, I'm sorry my friend scared you," you try to console her. "Sometimes we're all a bit intense- we're under a lot of stress. You probably are too! We just.... really want the murders to stop- and we all need to band together and help each other to do that! You're important! Your help is so so valuable! Please, please. Talk to me. I'll stay at a distance if that makes you more comfortable."

While the smells of her and the piles of debris are definitely not the loveliest thing you've ever had hit your nostrils, you try to hide the displeasure. After all, it's still not the worst thing you've ever smelled.

"I wish they'd stop too..." she mutters, looking melancholy about what has been going on. "I wish the world... I wish Salvage Keep... Yaru... I wish it wasn't so sad..."

You try to encourage her, hoping to get her mind off the grim past and present that Salvage Keep is dealing with.

"I know the anti hygiene guild has an important input to society-" you continue, "would you at least tell me about that? What sorts of things has it been doing lately? Do you get along with that Furfrou from the barking guild? Hes a bit difficult, isn't he? I heard the merchant guild is having problems- did your guild get targeted by anything nasty?"

"Oh, you mean Cliff," Brahk realizes what Furfrou you're referring to. "Well, to be honest, I don't know too much about him. But the Merchants Guild... I don't know what's going on, but I can't even go in there anymore. It's just so... I can't describe it. It's like a nightmare that's trying to become real. Like one you can't wake up from. But here... I feel safer here, despite it being quiet and lonely. You see, I don't get too many visitors here. And definitely no one that likes to stay for long. I guess that makes you... kind of different from all of them. In a good way..."

"Tell me about your home!" You inquire. "I bet theres all sorts of interesting things in here- or possibly dangerous stuff. Do you like it there? What do you think of rusty shine units, or that fancy place golly owns? I heard trinket tower is nearly clear for the residents to move in again- do you know vex? She seems severe but I think she is probably soft on the inside. Does anyone live with you out here? ... do you get along with sebbit? I don't know what to think of him yet."

"I know it's all just a pile of junk, but... it's still mine," she tells you, still proud of it despite the berating things some other Pokémon might call it. "There's... there's no home like the one you've got because... that home belongs to you. As for my guild, well, we try to see the better things. Dirty things aren't so bad! Sometimes the most interesting things are in a dark, grimy place, or buried somewhere deep. There's a whole new world to explore in places like that. Most Pokémon never get to see those things just because they assume the worst about them."

"Vex," Brahk tries to think, looking away. "I don't think I've ever really met her. You see, I'm still kind of new here. And my guild is still small, but I'm hoping to grow it in time. As for Rusty Shine, it seems like a nice place, but I just love it here. I feel like I find new things every day. Things that were forgotten and neglected so long ago. Sometimes I think about what they used to be. At one point, someone loved these things. They may be gone, but I'm still here to love them."

"Oh, Sebbit!" she recalls happily. "He's without a doubt my best friend. He's always trying to make the best use of neglected and forgotten things. No matter how damaged or dirty, he sees the potential in everything. Some Pokémon think he's rude and dirty, but he's very helpful once you see past that."

"I heard there was an explosion out this way a few weeks ago and DeeMang got hurt- did you hear about it?" you ask her. "There's no explosions in your section of the tip are there? D: I have friends who can dismantle stuff if theres anything dangerous around, so let me know!"

"I heard it, yes, but I don't know much about it, sorry." Brahk explains. "Wouldn't be the first time, though. I heard rumors about the explosions. There was something about gift-wrapped remains as well. I don't get how someone could be so cruel..."

She seems down for a short while, but your presence seems to comfort her. She looks up, feeling hopeful.

"You know, I don't think anyone has ever cared so much about little me as much as you have," she tells you, feeling assured by your presence. "I don't know what's going on... why Pokémon are dying, and why things just seem so dark. But you... there's something different about you. Something good. Something true..."

Brahk the Aloan Grimer is now COMPLIANT.

"I also have friends who can maybe build stuff to make the stalkers go away..." you tell her, reaching out to her. "If you find anything that gives you a particularly good feeling, could you show it to me? It might be a valuable clue to defeating the evil in town."

She shivers a bit, unsure of what to do at first, but then comes to an understanding. You feel as though it's hard for her to do this, but she understands the importance of it.

"Y-Yes..." she tell you, swallowing hard. "I do. But I..."

You can see a faint glimmer of it. Even from where you stand, the presence of this small silver-colored relic seems to permeate the darkness and the stench of this forlorn place. She shows you what appears to be an otherworldly coin-shaped talisman with what appear to be divine-looking insignias and markings, but half of it seems to be missing. As you approach it, it almost seems like it's trying to communicate to a higher plane, but because it's broken, the message is scrambled and distorted like static.

"I don't know what it does..." Brahk tells you. "But sometimes I hear words from it. I don't know what they mean, but they feel... comforting. Even in this dark place. Even if they're only fragments. I..."

You can immediate tell she really doesn't want to give it up, but the look in your eyes tells her that you need this. That you might make it whole again. That you may find some way for it to make the difference.

Though it's hard for her, she presents the broken talisman before you.

"I... but I would like... to see it whole," she tells you. "It brought me comfort in the darkness. But I can only imagine what it might do once restored. I feel like the other piece has to be here somewhere. Maybe not in this junk pile, but somewhere. If you find it... if you fix this, please tell me. I would love to know how it works... what it's supposed to do. I can only imagine..."

You nod as you take the broken talisman from her. Upon touching it, you immediately feel a reassuring, celestial kind of warmth to it. Now, you too can hear the words, but as Brahk said, they only feel like static with fragments of some divine language trying to reach out to it. If only you had the second half, but for now, it's a start...

[Talisman 1/2] was added to the Team Inventory.

You gently put it away, knowing Brahk surely misses it already, but you decide to stick around.

"Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat all day-- --you know what, actually I might!" you tell her, not quite ready to take the long road back home by yourself. "A new friend of mine was killed last night and I need somewhere safe to cry. T_T Can I do it at your house? Does anyone come through there regularly?"

"You... you can stay as long as you'd like," Brahk tells you, feeling a bit of sadness with you. "Everybody cries sometimes. I do too. Especially... when it gets really lonely. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I would be... crushed if something happened to Sebbit or one of my guild mates. I try not to think about... I don't want to think about it..."

She goes silent for a minute, but then she looks back up at you.

"Thank you for coming," she tells you. "I just felt lost for the longest time... but... I'm glad you're here..."

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Lucky
    Equipment: Obsidian Dagger

2. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Administrator

Heal Daniel the Umbreon Sanity by 3, Old Lace the Buzzwole health for 4, and Adrian Aylian the Lucario sanity by 1.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I will interview Rachta the Tepig.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    It has come to my attention that there is an injured Mudbray trapped in the graveyard. That place has much evil eminating from it, but I feel that I can survive it long enough to help.

[Use Medicine to heal the Mudbray at (37) Valley Graveyard]

6. This post has been liked by:

Truly 

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Mistee will check on the body of Meela-Tey.

And search (5) Produce Stall.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Will go interview Orolaph the Magby

Hmm, might be a good idea to interview Pakson the Crabominable.

10. This post has been liked by:

Truly 

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Here goes nothing. I'd like to use Seinaru on that weird shadow at the Rotting Cottage.
    Hey. Abyssal Umbreon. You're really persistent, huh? I'll give ya some cookies if you sit it out this round though.
    You aren't entirely enthusiastic on venturing out to the Rotting Cottage to see for yourself what horrors are there. After all, the last Emissary who ventured there, Neo the Emolga, was confirmed to have been lost in the darkness. You already have a bad feeling about this and hope not to end up the same way he did.

You walk about the dusty, ruined landscape toward the clutch of decaying, crumbling houses. Even during the day, this area feels stricken with chilling, morose feelings. And the Rotting Cottage beats like the heart of darkness among all of them. Here, the shadows and infernal infestations linger and swarm, and the further you come toward them, the more they lust for your spirit.

The crumbling staircase up to the rotting cottage is covered in lichen and fungal overgrowth, causing you to have to watch your step and be min̢̰̗͙̣̬̗̱͇͚̩͟͢ͅdful of what you're stepping in. Threaten̢̰̗͙̣̬̗̱͇͚̩͟͢ͅing and t̵̡̡͔̤͎̗̳̩̺͇̼̹͎͜͞à̷̖̻͎̰̥̙͓͓̯̗͈̞͠u̶̷̼̗͚̼̭̤̠̻͓͇͟͟͡ͅ ̠̜̳ǹ̶͔͕͍̳͓̻͍͙̰t̷͔͎̭̻̹̹̪̭̝̝͜͝ͅͅi̵̡̜͙̦̩̻̟̩̫̬͟͠ǹ̸̢͔ ̞͇̟̻̣g̴̨̭̘͙̥͚̲͓̯̘͈̥̭̳̦̥̝̪͞ whispers of shadows and m̷̧͚̗͉̯a͍̦̩̭͜͠d̴̖̬̭͙ṉ̵̸͉̟e̪̬͔̕͜ͅs̶̳̫̥͉̗s͏͉̦̜͔͇ ̬̲ begin to try and play tricks on your mind, but you dismiss them, arriving at the front door. As you realize easily, Neo was originally the one who opened it, but never came out to shut it closed on the way out. You begin to wonder if he's still inside...

The pitch-black room you step into seems u͕͈ͣͭ̉͋̑̌͆̊́ṅ̵̟̬̦͈͔͘n̲̯̲̦̅̎̕a̸̸̢̜͚͕͇̭̘̥͋͑̆ͥ̄ẗ́̓̓̇ ̧̢̰̻̪̓u͚̞̫̼̯͖̯͊͒̌̄̅̐̿r̂̀͗̏ͭ͏̱̬͕̺̠̼̥̬a̛͚͓̭̒l̊͊ͦ͒͒́͐ ̪̤̝ͦ̿͘l̪̘̗͓͎̫̹͍ͧ̌ͯ͠͡y͖̣̲͔͓͈͆ͯ̐͡ dark. Where sunlight should permeate the room in some way, it just doesn't, as if a dark sub-reality refuses to let light naturally come in to this corrupted place. A strange c͔ͤͥͣ̆ͪͧ̀ͨ̔h̰͋ͯ̇͆́̒ͨi͓̩̠̠͑l̞͍̮̯̗̫̟̩͗͒̈́̾ͥͤͫ̿ͯl̿̄̽̉̓ ̰̘̲̆ͨ and feeling of macabre pressure tries to wrap around you, but you continue moving forward, able to see in the darkness where most other Pokémon would be w̙̮̤͐ͩ͌͗aͩͭ̅ͮ̂ͅl͓̬̹̩̀̉ͫ͛k̮̞̟̣͇̞̦͊̅̍̃̈́͗̑ͩ̅i̪ͥͬ͐̓̑̈́̈́ ̤͕͔̟̙̜̘ṋ͕̺͐͗g̜͙̺̬̦̘̥̑ ͉̜̜͈͋ͤ͐ͣb̺͋͗ͦ́ͤl̟̝̟͙͈̹͍̆̒̿̍ͅì͈͙̙̻̲̥̖̑ͦ̽͗͒͛n͊̆̍̿̽̎ ̭̤̥̫͇̯̩̜̐̋͋d̪̪͙̤̳̦͍̹̿͒̿̏ͤ̓̾ͭ̇. You've faced this kind of nightmare before. And while it never hesitates to harass you with its threatening, spidery taunts and tendrils of shadow, you grow more complacent to it.

Nonetheless, it still tries to g̢̫̣̖̥̠̪ͪͤn̄ͩ̐͌͏̙͕̺̘̠̲͘a̅ͭ̾҉̣ͅͅw̱̩̪̗̟͋̾͌̑̅ͦ̽͋͟ ̠̘̟̲̖̦̪̤͐ͭ̃͊̑̌͗͗͟ą̘̮̲̹̼̟̤̂́̇͒̒̓w̫̯̱ͤ̔̌̌ͤ̀̀͞aͨ̎ͦ̅͐ ͍̭̫͂͌y͇̤͉̦͈͗ͯͯ̅͑ͥ͞ at your heart...

Daniel the Umbreon sustains 1 point of damage to Purity.

Part of you really just wants to get this over with, but the shadows that surround you want to make this last as d̢̛̮̻̩̹̖̤̟̯͉̘̰̥̯͂̅̋̎̂̄̒ͣ͗̒̋ͣͥͮͮ͗͘͠a͒̿ͮ̿̆̋̀̃ͩͤ̉̀́́͠ ̪͓̝͖̙̩̯̻̮͍̫̗m͊̂̎̈ͬ̀͌̇͐҉̘̘̣͇̯͈͖̠̺̖̲̹͖̬͖̦͟ͅnͯ͋̏̓͆ͤ͊̐ ͑̈́̄͏͘͏̬̝͓͇̱͖̮͍͕̙̗̗̯̙͚͢ͅ long as possible.

But despite your searches through the rotting, crumbling house, you find no sign of Neo or the Shadow Entity. All the while, the shadows caress you menacingly, trying to grip into your soul and snatch away a few pieces. Your movement becomes harder, as if walking in sludge and muck.

Every room in this travesty of real estate is well-beyond hope. The wa̸̡̪̠͓̲̙̥͙͈̭̮̲̝̘̟͐ͦ̅̕ͅlls are half-collapsed, the ceiling barely holds the floor above it, and every other step you take upon the floor causes the rotting wood to give way or crack underfoot. And the whole time, the shadows lust and wrap themselves a̸̡̪̠͓̲̙̥͙͈̭̮̲̝̘̟͐ͦ̅̕ͅround you, hoping for a feast. You grit and growl, trying to fight them, but there's n̴̡̂͊̑̌͑ͮͭ̍̉ͮ̇͏̶͖̩̼̺̰̙̹̗̮́o̡̹̬̱̜̯̝̫̻̜̟̩̹̩͎͓͑̄̎͊̍̚ͅ ͚̘tͧͮ̀̈̓ͩ͑͌ͤ͏҉̴̬͓̱̻͓͈̱̺̲͈̮̭̱̣͇͘h͌̇̊̾͝͏͍̯͚̤͚̖̲̪̤̺͇̜ ̜̞͈̝̝î̡̩̩̟̮͊̈̍̓̄͂ͯ̏̆͢ņ̧̱̝̱͖͖̘̗̭̼̩̩̯͔̥̤ͥ͌̌̓gͬͣ̉ͫͧ ̶̷̍̋̏̔ͤ̉̿͂̑̂͋̌ͤ͊͘҉͙̼̖̩͓̲̬͓͚̠̻̩ physical to strike down...

Daniel the Umbreon sustains 3 points of damage to Purity.

You were wrong, it just seems i̴̧͔͕̼ͨ̍̈̊͝m̵͍̙̼̙̥̙͋͒p̪̲̙̦͉͛͐̅ͮ̚͢o̶ͪ̅̀ͥ̉̐ͫ͠҉̗̜̯̝̹̗ ̦s̸ͫ̂ͪͭ̊͆̍ͬͩ͏̡̤̯̯s̡̛̤̟̟̭̆ͥͤ̇̓̑̃̽̓i̼͛͋̔͞b̏̐ͥͫͮ҉͇̦͔ͅ ̺̳̙̞ͅl̳̬̭̹̞̳̝̈́̏͝e̮̻̝̦̳̺ͪ͗̈͌̅̄̿͆ to ever get used to this horrendous presence. And you have a feeling Neo never made it out of this living nightmare. You try calling out his name, but your voice is absorbed by the darkness. If the Emolga did š͎̘̥̰̫̫͚̼͈͌ͯ̄̅̚ć̣͍͉̺̻͘r̪̉́ͭ̐̀̕ȇ̦̭̳̗̮̣̺́̊̕͠ȧͦ̄́ ͉̫̜̣̋̃͋̐͢m̳͇̞̟̱̯̫ͦ̋̈̋͂͒̍̚̕ͅ for help, you have a feeling that cry went silenced early into h̜̼̯̰ͥͤͥ̏̏̑ǫ͙̹̺͈̞͒̏̄͞p̢̲̣͚̼̗̥̖̝̆ͩ̽͋́ͣ̈̅͡è̡͓̼͓̼̽͊ ̝l̸͉̭̰̞̿̐̽ͤ͟ë̟͔̣̬͇̄̐̿͒ͮ͞ͅś͈͑̔͐͐̋̐ͣş͔͎͖̻̪̓̾͗͋̍͑͠ ̪̙n̻̤̩̣͔̰͎̑ͤ̊e̘͔̝̹̰͕̦̰̾͛̍ͨ̋̚s̯̜̻̾ͣ̉ͣͣ̑̅̆̚͘͞sͮͫ̾ͭ̎ͩ ͓̪̰͓̎̅̑̕.

Among the snaking, spidery tendrils of h͍̫̬̬͖u̝̯̮̞̙͖͍͖͍͔̼n̖̖̺͔̜̼̻͕̜̠̹͓g̭̰̹̖̭̝̦̪̠e̪͖̼̘͚̳̬r ͕̖̤͙i͙̮ͅn̩̗̦͕̫̜̱̮̠̤̜̠̟ͅg͔̻̫͎̲̱̪͖̼̜̼̬̠̥ shadows, you spot it again...

...the red-ringed Umbreon. And it doesn't seem like cookies are enough to push it away...

"Back off!" You shout angrily at it.

But all that happens is you look into the s̥̹̫̼̩̞͓͔̜͔̼̙͇͕̞̘̖͉n̹̘͎e̗͓̣̮̙̲̼̗̯͙̙͇̤̦̮̲̦e͕̱͙̟̯̩͕͕ r͔̝͖̞̭̣̜̝̻̜̪̙̺i̘̫̖̜̼̙n̙̥̣̫̮̗g̙̟͕͚̯̟̠̤̝̗̣̭̠̝ͅ ̩̩̠̘̰͖͍̲̮̩̲f̠̮̯͍͉̺͙͖͖̟̳̺̥͖͇ͅͅa̬̲̝̬̦̱̪̘̠̻̺c̦̗̤e͈̟̰̦ ̬̻͔̺̹̭̮͈̖̦̳̠̖̳ ̱̖͈̳̞̩͇̱̠̰ͅo̼̫̱͇͉̻̹̞̫͎͎̯͕̪̮̣̣f̫̞͕̝̦̦̗̭͖ ̙̫̭̞͎̳͍͎͖̻̘͓̫ͅͅm͕̘̞̭a̻̘͖̩̲͇̤̪͎̰d̞̳͙̤͙̤̮͇̻͕ͅṋ͕̜̙͔̰ ̜̣̫̪͖͖̼̪̰̱̘e͔̖͖̺̮̺͚̪͚̮̜͇̼̖̯͎̲̼̞s̮̬̲͕̫̜̺̦͈̠̺͖̪̙̘̥͓ͅ ͍s̙̤͕̣̖̳̼̤̯̤͖. You grunt and growl, and try to fight despite the toll it takes on you... dragging you down͍͔̯̬̱͚̼ͥ͗ͪͥ̍ͭ further into the shadowy A̶̸̙̲̜͙b̧̛̰̬̘̖͖̀͢ͅy̵̛̩̙͙̫̬̭͚̰̠͙̗̳͜s͏̧͜҉̰̟̘̟̖̱̝̲̣ͅs ̵̷̨̞͚̤̘̟̪̪̗̱͖͇̕͝ͅ.̧͓̪̬̯̞̥̬̙̰̥̻̼̫̼͔.̨̛̻͚̜̙̲͙͇͕̖͕̰͖͡ ̳̟̗.̵̷̢̢̛̫͎͙̳̩̖͎͕̣̪͎̙̰͇̰̞̻

Daniel the Umbreon sustains 3 points of damage to Purity.

You l̨̮̬̪̥͙̳̲̠͚͔̱̘͉̳͕̗̫͢ų̸̡͇̬̙̩̹̜͖̦͚̟̹̻̝̩̜̼̦̥̘͜ņ̨͖̀͝ ̰̹͚̟̺̦̳̖̱̜g̷̢̹̣̠̜̙̜̩͈͉̫̝͚͖̪͎̗̲̀͝e̡͟͠͏̞̥̯̣̟̠̳̬̪ ̳̭ after the ambiguous presence, only for it to become forgotten smoke as soon as you thought you made contact. You lose your way in the dark, m̠̮͙̖̎̈́ͯi̦̰̺͓͈͊͑ͣ͋̆̔ͅs̱̠̖g͏͍̲̦̬ͅuiͫ̆ͥͩd͎̲̓ͯ̂̆i̸̞ͧn ̥̝͍̼̖̘̅̍͋ͬͨ̚g͑҉̤̦͇ͅ ̢͖̳̣̼́̀́m͚̖͚̬͇̅̋͊ͦ́ͣ̔͡a̤̭̞̹̦̒̌ͬ̔͒̊͊́z̯̱̲͍ͣ̉̄̇͘ e ̴͍͆̄̅̿̏͆́ǒ̦̲̤̖̖̜̝͊ͫ͆̈́ͮ͂f̢̪̙̘̟͖̫̊̉͑̓ͤͤ ̵̰͍̩̮̤̈́̈́̈ͦs̨̻̩̼͙̮̗h̯ͩ̏ä̳̯̤̙̙͓̗d͓̰͍̠͙̱͍̃ǫ̹ͩ͑ͬw̪̃͠ ̹̟̪͔̟s̵̳̤̣̫ͣ̊ͩͨͥ͂̔ͅ, not even sure if you're in the cottage anymore̘̘̞͑̍ͥ̀ͧ̓, or perhaps lost within a whole new dime̘̘̞͑̍ͥ̀ͧ̓nsion entirely. You venture into an͍͔̯̬̱͚̼ͥ͗ͪͥ̍ͭother room overtaken by shadows, still trying to find the Shadow Entity.

Enough of this. You know it's a long shot, but you focus on your holy Seinaru power, hoping that driving it into the darkness will help you find the source, even if you can't see it with your eyes.

"Walk by faith, not by sight..."

Your focused, driving force of Seinaru weaves through the dark forest of tentacle-like shadows, seeking out the Shadow Entity. Unlike the sunlight, nothing stops this holy, fiery glow from driving back the darkness, causing it to cower away. The dark Umbreon is suddenly expose, and you drive your fury into it, smothering it with purifying light.

{Shadow Entity: <Seinaru>}

A scream unlike any other shrieks out. The cottage rocks, shakes, and pieces of it break away. Before you lays the relic, and you place your paw upon it, feeling it cleanse you of the darkness.

[Dragonstar Flail] was added to the Team Inventory.

Daniel the Umbreon restores 5 points of Purity, and gains a temporary +2 to Purity.

Your soul feels refreshed as you safely stow the holy armament away...

But something's wrong. Usually when you encounter the relic, the shadows are driven away...

But instead it becomes more violent. You soon realize they're dying, screaming, hungering for one last soul before they perish. And they want that soul to be yours! Ravaging ferociously, they try with their dying, dark breaths to ensnare you and take you into nothingness with them.

"No!" You shout, trying to fight your way out.

...Don't panic... I'm here... please listen to me...

For a moment, it seems a strangely familiar voice whispers into your ear. You think you've heard it before, almost like a long-lost friend, but you're not sure where, or when was the last time you heard a voice like that. But it sounds so strange, sounding like it's close by, but then so far away at the same time.

...Listen carefully... I can guide you out...

The shadows i̩͉ͪ̍̆̿̀̊ͅn̵͕̩̥̝̞͂ṭ̗̙̮̜̪̋͌ͅë͕͖̣͕͕̳́ͫ͡n̴̦̗̜̩͖̘ͅṡ͌ ̟͔̹͍̫͌̓͑͐ͩ́i͍̤̓̽ͥ͟f̵̻̺̠y͙̗̗̹̗ͭ̍̈ͩ͜ in their dying rage, trying to lick, sting, and b͍͚̲̜̩͈̒̓̀͗̍ͤ̚u̷͔̺͙̩͇̓̆ͯ̾̈́̑ṛ̵̳̮̰̠̳͓ͨ̋̏̌̎̏r̘̟̣͇̕ͅo ͙ͬ͌̈́̀͛̚͠w̧̭͇̮͋̈́ their way into your soul as revenge for sentencing them into nothingness. But it's as if you feel a gentle presence around you, like a comforting warmth in the chills of the darkness. You feel it steering you, guiding you, pushing you forward safety even among the maddening shadows.

...This way... come on... you'll make it...!

You're not sure who or what this voice is, but you feel you can trust them. Every step they help you take draws you closer to the exit. You see the light of the outside in the distance, and you yearn for it. But the presence urges you to be careful and not be too hasty. Every step is crucial, and they help you take the careful, patent steps to safely find your way back...

...you're almost there... you're doing great! Just hang on...!

"Who... who are you...?" you ask, wondering who this mysterious ally is.

There is only silence.

Their presence helps you anticipate every attack, every attempt the shadows try to make to ensnare you in their dark devouring hunger. They help you duck down before a tendril of darkness lashes at you to claim your spirit. They help guide your feet away from danger as you narrowly avoid stepping into what look like holes into the oblivion with snake-like tendrils trying to pull you in. The guiding presence helps your heart stay calm, and they help you breathe and feel reassured.

The exit is closer now, and step by step, you make it out, safely with your soul still intact, though a bit ra̘͍̲̠̺v̰͚a͍͕̗g̞͙̘̺̫̠e͇͈̳̱d̙͓͓̟. You try searching for whatever this strange and mysterious guardian angel-like presence helped you escape, but there is still no sign...

You look back into the darkness of the rotting cottage to behold the dark, whipping shadow snares still longing for a soul to feast upon. However, in time, they all die. They shrink, wither, crumble, and turn into fragments of ethereal dust before becoming nothing. You made it out safety, and now, you see the Rotting Cottage as it was before the darkness infestation claimed it. While it seems crippled and broken, for a glimpse of a moment, you behold what it looked like when it was first built, and you see how beautiful it once looked all those many years ago. In seconds, you see a vision of what appeared to be a family of Azumarill and the family that they raised here. You see the children grow up so fast, but time... time made it all move on... And when you open your eyes again, the Rotting Cottage still stands before you. Old, withering, and broken... but still standing... and now cleaned and purified once again.

Meanwhile, outside, there is still only just the quiet, forlorn neighborhood of crumbling, forgotten houses. Places that Pokémon like the family of Azumarill you saw for just a brief moment once called home so long ago. For a moment, it doesn't feel so bad anymore.

You feel that guiding presence once again...

Great job, you did it, Daniel!

"How... how did you know my name?" You ask, looking for any kind of sign as to the identity of this enigmatic spirit.

...It may seem like I'm gone... but I'm closer than you think, even if it seems like I'm a million miles away. I believe in you guys! You can all save Yaru if you believe in yourselves!

But it's still quiet as a stray gust of wind blows through your black fur. You look around, still seeing no sign of where the mysterious voice came from. It almost seems like a dream, but still so real. But then that wind touches you again, and suddenly it becomes clear...

...Cheers and good times, Daniel!

For a short moment, you catch just a passing glimpse of the sky squirrel, flying by in just a short instant before seemingly vanishing into the cloudy skies. You're not quite sure what this all means, but it gives you comfort that somewhere, somehow, Neo the Emolga isn't gone like everyone thought he was...

You're glad you're not alone after all...

Daniel the Umbreon (M: Dark)
    Health: 9/10| Sanity: 5/8 | Purity: 12/10
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Seinaru
    Trait: Charming

12. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Truly the Clauncher (S: Water)
    Health: 8/8| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Perk: Technical

Alright, let's... Untie Orin. We don't speak much. He knows it's not personal and I know he'll be back in the evening.

Then I'll put on my gloves and mask and go inspect the cadaver (Technical). Of all the Pokemon we know... What a damn shame.

After that, I'll wash up quickly... somewhere. Probably not Yellowback Lake, I've heard it's potable... And I'll go Interview Sebbit (Charming)

"Heya, Sebbit! We met for a second the other day.
    Well, I'm here on business and for personal stuff. But let's get the business out of the way.

I uh, I have some traveling companions who really really wanted to do some scavenging, but I guess they got bored of the idea, 'cause apparently they never showed up. Now, I was hoping to pick this up already -- seems like it'd be a worthwhile skill, 'cause I'm not much of a chef, and I don't want to cut macroweeds all day -- gotta make money somehow, right? Anyway, point is you're the authority here, so if there's any place not worth scav'ing, or off-limits, or any really good tricks, you'll tell me. Right?

Ok, second order: I need to conduct an investigation on the Rusty Shine units and the people inside. Not that anybody's in trouble, but like, my companions, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to deal with all the upper class snooty types. And listen, I know there's a problem with Sway but that's not part of my investigation. Help me out with the gossip around here. What's the news?

So, now the personal business: I'm thinking of sticking around. I was hanging out with Dee'mang -- I've taken a special interest after what I've heard, it sounds like he's had it rough. And, well, what's your opinion of Samba? I'm not sure she's ready to have a chick -- but beggars can't be choosers. I'm not committing to anything just yet, but tell me about the Pokemon in Dee'mang's life. And what's your relationship to him?

I guess the last thing is, is there anybody you think could be a Stalker? There's been some heat on Pakson, what do you think of him?"
    You decide to untie Orin and leave him alone, for now. There's still uncertainty surrounding him, but for now, you trust that he'll keep control of himself during the daylight hours.

You then make your way toward Yellowback Lake, wondering what you might uncover from looking over Meela-Tay's body. For now, the lake is still, calm, and a bit eerily quiet, but you make sure to watch your back to ensure what happened to her doesn't happen to you. You can never be too sure about who might be watching.

Lita's initial assessment of the body clued you in to beware of the smell and that there were bits of foreign matter scattered around the body. After looking around the lake, you find the body of the Armaldo. Both the sight and the smell quickly clue you in about the presence. The Pikachu wasn't kidding.

You try to investigate as much of the body as you can while holding back your disgust, prodding and examining what you can using your pincer without having to get in too close and too deep. As Lita found before, Meela-Tay's body is wet and saturated with a bile-like slime. Upon a closer inspection, her chest seems quite bloated, and her side is oozing with a gelatinous goo.

{Meela-Tay's Body: <Technical>}

It's definitely the work of Indulge. Ironically, the same one who killed Shayta the Butterfree is the one who killed Meela-Tay as well. From a precise evaluation, Meela-Tay was force-fed a grotesquely massive amount of meats and breads before Indulge continued to overstuff her with desserts like cakes, donuts, and other pastries until her stomach ripped open from inside her. But even after the food began to flood her chest and innards, the process continued until even the plated skin of her body could no longer contain the repulsive deluge of food. From what you can gather, this must have been extremely painful and likely took a long time. There's no way a Pokémon wouldn't try to fight back against this... not unless something was done to restrain or mesmerize them.

Besides the body, almost hidden in the stones and rocks, you find a strange piece of paper that seems out of place to be besides this lake. At first you think it might be nothing, but you decide to pick it up anyway to see if it's connected. After flipping it over to the front side, you behold what is depicted on the other side...

After this whole incident, you think you've seen and smelled enough today. You decide to talk to Sebbit after washing up and allowing your stomach to settle down.

Interview Rapport: VERY POSITIVE, INTIMIDATING
    +1 Charming
    +1 Similar Evolution Stage
    + Intimidation (Water vs Ground)

You find the Drilbur by the Reuse and Recycle store, who always seems to have new stock available, but as you can tell, merchandise comes and goes and what you see today may be gone forever tomorrow and nothing like it will ever appear again. It's one of those kinds of stores.

"Heya, Sebbit!" You call out to him. "We met for a second the other day. Well, I'm here on business and for personal stuff. But let's get the business out of the way."

"Well, what do you know?" he asks you, crossing his arms. "Anyway, take a look around, let me know if anything catches your eye."

"I uh, I have some traveling companions who really really wanted to do some scavenging," you go on, "but I guess they got bored of the idea, 'cause apparently they never showed up. Now, I was hoping to pick this up already -- seems like it'd be a worthwhile skill, 'cause I'm not much of a chef, and I don't want to cut macroweeds all day -- gotta make money somehow, right? Anyway, point is you're the authority here, so if there's any place not worth scav'ing, or off-limits, or any really good tricks, you'll tell me. Right?"

"Trust me, there's always places worth scavenging," he tells you, knowing all about the process and the business. "Some are more dangerous than others, and sometimes those have the better things worth going for. And these companions of yours sound either lazy or scared. Knock some sense into them. You could make a living off of this and if you get lucky, retire early. Sure beats some of the other boring kinds of jobs out there."

Sebbit the Drilbur has been identified as a teacher for Scavenging.

SKILL UNLOCKED: SCAVENGING!
    Spoiler:
    SCAVENGE (ANY CYCLE) - 1 Action
    This side of the abundant wastelands have mostly been picked clean, but useful materials, silver splinters, and hidden treasures can still be found by delving into the various ruins found in the Salvage Keep area. You can use an action to go exploring in one of the two available ruins. With one Scavenge action, you will always have a chance to find common, rare, and very rare items. You can also find silver splinters, the local currency. Items found in the ruins are rarely found elsewhere, and will be useful for forging weapons, armour, and useful accessories.

Tunnel Ruins:
    These ruins contain silver splinters, materials, crafting components, and gems.

Valley Ruins:
    These ruins contain silver splinters, materials, gem dust, and gems.

Sunken Ruins:
    Unfortunately the Sunken Ruins have become flooded and the infrastructure is beginning to collapse. As a result, scavenging these ruins is no longer possible.

How to use:
    State "I would like to Scavenge in Tunnel Ruins." You will spend an action scouring the ruins as best you can in search for items.

"You seem smart, so I'll let you in on a tip," Sebbit informs you, watching you closely and making sure no one else overhears him. "The Tunnel Ruins and the Valley Ruins are the best places to Scavenge. But don't share that information everywhere. Last thing I want is for those places to be picked clean."

"Also, you've got to be smart about this," he tells you. "You can find all kinds of useful things by Scavenging, but to really put it to work, you need to know how to make good use of what you find. I know a few things about how to fix up some of the broken junk, hence how I keep this store going. But you're going to want to actually know someone who can actually take those materials and make something of it. But even if you don't, hell, I've found pure, cold-hard cash in those derelicts."

Sebbit the Drillbur has been identified as possessing the Repair Perk.

"Ok, second order," you inquire, "I need to conduct an investigation on the Rusty Shine units and the people inside. Not that anybody's in trouble, but like, my companions, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to deal with all the upper class snooty types. And listen, I know there's a problem with Sway but that's not part of my investigation. Help me out with the gossip around here. What's the news?"

"Rusty Shine is nothing more than a multi-tenant outhouse," Sebbit scoffs. "I wouldn't live there if you paid me to. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if I woke up one morning and heard the news that the whole joint collapsed. I swear, luck is the only thing keeping that structural integrity going. Anyway, if you ask me about my opinion about Sway, I'd say it separates the mindful from the dimwits. Life's hard, but using that trash to pretend to cover up the ugly parts only makes it worse. You wouldn't ever catch me cooking with that."

"So, now the personal business: I'm thinking of sticking around," you tell the Drilbur. "I was hanging out with Dee'mang -- I've taken a special interest after what I've heard, it sounds like he's had it rough. And, well, what's your opinion of Samba? I'm not sure she's ready to have a chick -- but beggars can't be choosers. I'm not committing to anything just yet, but tell me about the Pokemon in Dee'mang's life. And what's your relationship to him?"

"Dee'mang, I have to say, is probably one of my best customers," Sebbit tells you, looking like he's had lucrative experiences with him before. "You saw him, he comes around here often, actually. Sometimes he buys things, sometimes not and he just browses around. He seems to really like getting his beak into things that are better off left alone, but to each their own. I'd be a hypocrite if I claimed I wasn't like that, but he's not careful and is probably going to get himself killed one of these days. As for Samba, ugh, don't even get me started. We need practical solutions around here, not theatre and dance, and yet she criticizes my line of work for being too dangerous. I criticize hers for being absolutely useless. She's Dee'mang's adoptive mom, but she's probably feeding him all kinds of inanity given what she does and how little of a role she has in this community. All I'll say is she better not come blaming me if her kid ends up dead one of these days. She's the one who decided to become his parent, not me."

"I guess the last thing is, is there anybody you think could be a Stalker?" you ask Sebbit. "There's been some heat on Pakson, what do you think of him?"

"Can't say I know much about him," Sebbit shrugs. "A few weeks ago he wasted my time getting in my face, pretending like he knew more about my trade than I did. Guys like him love to pretend like they understand what's important. It was amusing to listen to his tirades for a little while, but damn did it get old fast and I told him to either buy something or beat it. Hasn't been back since, but I've heard a few others tell me about what they thought of him. I doubt he'd be a Stalker. He's lazy, useless, and I think he'd make a lousy Stalker because he'd be too lazy to even kill other Pokémon. Or he'd blow his cover in no time."

"But to answer your question, I couldn't say," he confesses. "Been busy, haven't had the time to really look into it. Not to mention I'm not into that line of detective work. It's tough enough to look after my own hide."

"Well, I'd better get back to work," he tells you. "I swear this last commission I got makes no sense no matter how many times I try to read it."

Truly the Clauncher (S: Water)
    Health: 8/8| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Perk: Technical

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    There's a lot to do, but my training tells me not to remain too focused with what is right in front of me. I will trust my fellows to deal with the current situation. Meanwhile I shall take a trip to the Delta Den and apply my steel type capabilities to search the strangely hidden side-bag we found there previously. It seems to have been forgotten with everything else going on.
    After making sure Delta is not around, you decide to head into the Flareon's house. Not much has changed since Mistee last came through here. The house seems darkened from the lack of sunlight bearing through the curtains around the windows. In the meantime, you also find the rooms to feel stripped of color and character as a musty smell wafts around you.

Most of Delta's belongings exist only out of necessity and even then, makeshift objects and improvised means of living are abundant here.

You find the large, concealed container that Mistee had reported earlier. The lock is quite firm and doesn't look like an easy thing to pick. Only an experienced professional with the right tools could do it. You, however, know of a way to use your steel typing abilities to force the lock. Using your metal claw, you reach into the lock's mechanisms and give it a good, calculated impact of force to deftly disengage the lock. You manage to remove it carefully, successfully avoiding to leave any kind of evidence it was tampered with.

{Hidden Side-Bag: <Security> / +Steel-type+}

You then open the container, and you immediately find out why this bag was kept shut.

As you sift around through the contents, you find it filled with opioids, narcotics, and that suspicious maroon-colored powdery substance you identify as sway. Small bags of other drugs are abound, but you have no interest in any of those and don't even want to imagine what they do.

You do, however, find a sterile, unused needle among the piles of suspicious narcotics. You decide to take it with you, knowing it's unlikely anyone will notice it's disappearance. Meanwhile, you have a feeling there may be a use for it somewhere...

[Unused Needle] was added to the Team Inventory.

The rest of it you decide to leave behind, knowing you really don't even want to meddle with whatever those things might do to your mind and body. You activate the lock once again and put it back where you found it. You test it to make sure it works again, and once you confirm it does, you prepare to head out the way you came. You're not sure what to make of what you've just found and what Delta might be hiding, but you know it wouldn't be wise to ask.

Once you make it back outside, you take a breath of fresh air realized no one noticed your presence here. You then head back to base and prepare to place the needle among the collected belongings.

However, upon placing it in the cabinet, something catches your eye that was given by Kaskin earlier. You find the [Vial of Painkiller], which you remember was prescribed for Delta. But after what you saw, something doesn't quite make sense.

You decide to put the needle to use and take a small sample of the Painkiller fluid.

[Unused Needle] has become the [Painkiller Needle].

As for the vial of painkiller, the pinprick in the cap is minor enough to the point where no one would notice it, and despite you filling the needle, enough of the medication remains to dissuade any notion that it was ever tampered with. You place both items back into the cabinet, and then prepare for tonight.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 6/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Resourceful