Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Well, I didn't want to do this at night -- but I think that's just superstition holding me back.

It's finally time to Search (43) Rusty Shine Units.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Next on the list the little hedgehog gave me let's see.... Interview #61 Golly the Golurk.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'll interview Zephie the scrafty, and maybe we can have a friendly battle?

Think I'll get myself a drink at Greg the Torracat's bar, see what he's up to. See, a bar is where folk congregate, especially at this time o' night.

Action:Interview Greg the Torracat

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    The confrontation has left me weaker than I would like. As such, I shall clense my soul of its impurities, along with those of my companions.

[Use Medicine to restore 4 Purity to Yris, 3 to Nicklefool, and 1 to Sparkstrike.]

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Uuuugh, rough day =_="
    I'm glad I can always count on my LEGENDARY friends to come save me!
    Anyways, I'm really baaaadly beaten up (Buzzswole, Avenge me!! Kick Imeidas butt with your fighting bulk!!) - I'm thinking I'll go see our doctor croagunk and get him to use medicine on me (can I do that?), as well as talk about what to do with the care packages now that one of his customers is dead. While I'm at it, I'll put in a good word for any of my emissary buddies, to make sure our doctor is compliant in any further healing.
    Also, I suppose I may as well ask questions, despite doctor patient confidentiality; does he know much more about Dee'Mangs explosive accident? Does Samba ever come in with him?
    Silcress, Imeida and our resident passimian have all had a terrible corruption of the mind recently- do they have anything in common? Any place, person, drug or affliction?
    What does he think about Gravemeld? Gravemeld might have taken me to pieces today, so im extra worried-- how can I tell if someone is missing their brain?
    Also, can I stay the night while I get patched up? I have a horrible feeling that another stalker will strike tonight and I'm absolutely terrified of being alone.
    Interview Rapport: NEGATIVE, MODEST
    -1 Evolution stage difference

It's fairly easy to find Kaskin at this home right near his workplace, and after approaching the house, you rap quietly on the front door. The lights inside tell you he's home, and soon enough, he opens the door slightly and enquires about your reason for being there. You explain to him that you are a companion of one of the Emissaries who came to visit him recently, and he narrows his eyes, still seemingly suspicious. You sigh, showing him your wounds and explaining how they happened. You go in-depth about the things that you and your companions are capable of, and the fact that you wish to eliminate all Stalkers from the town. You use as many embellishments as you can, painting yourself and the other Emissaries as saintly figures that are surely the only potential saviours of Salvage Keep.

Kaskin the Croagunk is now COMPLIANT.

You watch Kaskin's face turn from suspicion to gradual understanding, and you watch him nod thoughtfully before he closes the door, undoes the chain, and opens it wider so that you may enter. You thank him and head inside, trying not to touch your sores and wounds on anything, both for your sake and his. The croagunk leads you through to a living room, and as he overtakes you, you notice his fluffy slippers, quietly noting their mild ridiculousness but apparent warmth. It is a chilly night, after all.

First he sits you down on a small couch and offers to apply salves to your wounds and help to heal you in any other way he can. You accept the offer, and the croagunk spends the next ten or so minutes patching up the bare minimum. You cringe as he cleans wounds with stinging solution and sits one of your arms in a sling afterwards.

Lillian the Lopunny restores 8 points to Health.

"Would you like some tea?" Kaskin offers once he's done, not waiting for an answer as he continues through to the kitchen area. You remain seated and wait for him to come back, but you are left alone for a few minutes. In the meantime, you glance around the room and smell something faintly foul, wondering if it's coming from somewhere in the house, or if something Kaskin applied to you emits a most unpleasant aroma. You stop focusing on the smell as you notice a number of books and papers lying about, and you quietly wonder if any of them contain anything useful...such as confidential information. The thought is cast from your mind as Kaskin drags his feet back in with a pot of tea and two teacups.

You clear your throat and mention that you would not ordinarily want him to breach doctor-patient confidentiality, but that any information would be extremely helpful. His expression does not change as you bring up Dee'mang and ask him about the injuries that were sustained and treated. The medic pours himself some tea after sitting down, and then you some, and picks up his cup to take a sip.

"Dee'mang was the first target of Payload. It happened at the town's smaller junkyard, known as Reuse and Recycle. Sebbit, the drillbur who lives there and operates a small business from there, was there when it happened, but I don't believe he saw it. It was broad daylight and a bang went off, destroying Dee'mang's left eye and one toe, and singed the feathers down his left side. Sebbit ran to his rescue, but by that point, the Stalker had already run off. My theory is that the Stalker assumed it would kill him, so when its plan failed, it fled at the sight of a witness. Given that it was the earliest record of a Stalker attacking, I have come to wonder if it showed up in town on its own, and was joined by the other Stalkers later."

You take the other teacup and rest it in your lap. You begin to tell him about the medallions you have been finding recently that have made three townsfolk unusually aggressive to you. You clarify that Imeida's attack was what left you in such a terrible state today. "Silcress, Imeida and our resident passimian have all had a terrible corruption of the mind recently--do they have anything in common?" you ask. "Any place, person, drug or affliction?"

Kaskin frowns somewhat, focusing on a spot on his coffee table as he thinks. "I do not believe anything connects them. It is possible that the Stalker intentionally chose random victims to make it appear as if they had a connection. Although I cannot give out confidential information regarding my patients...I can tell you that neither of those individuals is being treated for an ailment, and to my knowledge, none of the three are addicts."

You bring up the Stalker known as Gravemeld, who you believe to have kidnapped you during the day. Your companions also seem to think so, and you bring up the possibility of your brains being replaced. Kaskin sips his tea again, then places it back on the saucer.

"I believe you are confusing Gravemeld and Netherfall, Lillian. Netherfall is the Stalker who operates on its victim's heads and removes their brains. Gravemeld...merely skins its victims. Arceus knows if either of them keep the body parts they take. Were they not Abyssal demons, I may even be intrigued."

You realise he's right, which sets your mind at ease somewhat. Then something else pops into your head: the package that was meant for Urvanine, before he died. You raise your question to Kaskin, who seems rather crestfallen, but tries well to hide it.

"I do believe that the medicine intended for him will be best brought back to me, but I thank you for asking. Please take some splinters for your trouble; I know you expected to be paid for each package."

He gets up and rummages through a small cupboard in the corner of the room, pulling out a pouch and extracting some splinters. You have over Urvanine's care package, which you brought just in case.

Added $35 SP$ to the Team Inventory. [Care Package] x1 was removed from the Team Inventory.

You're at the end of your list of questions for Kaskin, but you're still not feeling up to leaving on your own, so you ask if he can accommodate you heal for the night. You see his hesitation before he accepts and indicates the small couch you're sitting on. "Of course, of course. The couch is available to you, Lillian. Let me go and get some final supplies..." He gets up off his chair and hurries into an adjoining room.

You lie back on the couch and try to relax, knowing that he will do all he can to help you. You only hope that no Stalkers will attempt to strike here tonight.

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Health: 9/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Lucky

Oh yes, and also, submissions are up! xD Thanks for submitting, peeps! Hopefully won't be more than a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I'd like to use Seinaru on the Corruption's Eye at Trinket Tower.
    You can't stop me, fakey Umbreon, shadow-hider. I've illuminated your weakness too many times now, and you're just nowhere near enough to stop me. So just like make both our lives easier and chill in the Abyss with some hot chocolate or something this time, okay? Treat yourself. Being a demon Umbreon repeatedly blasted by my lighty light powers can't be easy.
    Another one stares you in the face...the grim, dark, sickness-inducing sight of the swirling, dancing, beckoning shadows surrounding the base of Trinket Tower. Nicklefool waded through it first, Neo repaired the loose pipe, and now it's your turn to cleanse this filthy site of its horrible influence. You know you can do it...and you know that the disturbing doppelganger can't hurt you.

You take a deep breath as your mind is stroked by the tempting promises whispered to you by the corruption, and you begin to take your first steps into the infected area. At first you are able to repel the thoughts with ease, but with each passing step forward, you feel yourself agreeing with what the voices are telling you. It might just be a good idea to go along with what they're telling you, you think, but a faint voice at the back of your head hisses like a frightened ekans, trying to repel the whispers. You can see both sides of the argument, but find yourself wishing that they both just fall into silence and leave you alone. Soon, the voice of the ekans is louder than the whispers trying to infiltrate your mind, and the noise begins to overwhelm you. The horrid clash of both parties rattles about in your head, and you stop being able to focus, your steps becoming wonky and your body being pulled in multiple directions.

The only thing that calms you is the sight of a faimliar face. The red-ringed umbreon, once your enemy, tells you how close you once were, and that your bond was once unbreakable. Yellow and red working together as one...until Utopia stole it away from you. The more it speaks of Utopia, the more you begin to see the flaws in its argument. You begin to shake your head, and find the memories flooding back: this umbreon is dangerous, ̨̮͚̭͎̳m̱̜̻̘̮͘an̟̮͜i͖ͅṕ̮͚̼͕̹u̖l͖a̟tiv͕̬̹̗̪̖͎e̻̭͍̩, ̩̣ a̛̻̼̣͈̩͖nd̠͓͔͎͚ ͘ę̰̱̱̬̯̰v̛̯̗͖̲i͔͓̜l̥̝.͈̖̩̗͕̱ ҉ You tear yourself away from it, and the red-ringed umbreon's eyes flare to life with un̳͔ͅmatched̰̙͖̬͚̟ͨͣ́̇͋ͩͤ ra͓̤̥͞ge as it takes swipe after swipe, swelling in size unt̮̕ͅi̵͓͕l you're the size of its ̢̺͖͍̭͍ͯ̇̇ͦ̂̚toe. You ṣ̢͈̱̥̜͙̮c̬̞ͪ̐̆̽̚͡ṛ͙̖̾̃̾e̠͇͉̮͕̤͛͛a̵ͥ̏̽ͤ͊ͫ̚m as the creature ͔͇̯̳̳̇̐de̬̮̟͇̞̠̼̅̽̀͒͝s̼̘͚͖̻̪̟̅͘c̝̄̽̓ͫͤͮ̓end̤̟̻̿̉ͪͧ ̖̫̼s͕̮̯͈̊̌̚͝ ̴̖͙̬ͯ̀u͚͖͎̺̦̮ͬͭ̑̎ͥp̶o̡̗̦͖̻͋ͅn̢̙̻͖͇̼͍̆ͅ ͘ÿ̠͍͚̯̮̪̰́͆̑̔̐̚͜oͩ́́̎̚͘ű͚͍̻̘͉,̟̱̦͕̞̖̾̌̓͐͘, maw ope̡͉̗͌̈́̊̊̃̃̄n̖̯̪̙̟̏ͦ͑̎ and each tooth ͓͇̩̇̾͐̂͗̒͋sharp.

Daniel the Umbreon suffers 4 points of Purity ͓͇̩̇̾͐̂͗̒͋damage.

You stagger back͚̘̗̬̰̿͑͑͡͞, cursing under your breath as the red-ringed umbreon morphs into pure d̻̔̏́a̟̖̮̰ͣ͋ͬ̽ͅr̵̫͉̤̟͉̒ͦ͛̑ͅkn̞̺̯͉̠ͧ͂́̽̓͑̅̚eͩͪ̋̀ͨ̓͂ ̝̼̙͙͡s̵̈́͗̆͋̄ͨ̉͏̻͕̹̦̳̭͇̫͡s̶̼̠̩͈͈̉ͪͬ̑̋͠, and it's then that you know you have to utilise your Utopian magic. The feeling begins to build in your chest and you release it in small streams of light, hearing the shadowy foe shriek horribly. You spot an opening and race through, heading directly toward the constant mass of darkness in the centre of the property. Your magic builds as you approach until you let loose a shout, harnessing your seinaru with it and drenching the corruption's heart in pure, unbridled light.

{Corruption's Eye: <Seinaru>}

You're not feeling as exhausted as normal when the corruption dissipates, the shadows clear, and you're left staring at a heavenly artefact. You know the drill by this point, and place a paw upon it, feeling light sear through you as you're encompassed in sudden warmth that eradicates anything evil within you, leaving you cleansed.

Daniel the Umbreon restores 2 points of Purity, and gains a temporary +2 to Purity.

The object, this time, is a beautifully crafted sword. It is made of silver and some kind of carved green stone with veins of various green shades and white. Its light fades after you touch it for the first time, but even being near it seems to douse you in a calming feeling. You know that you have to take this with you, so you find a way to strap it to your body as you depart the property.

[Jadestone Sword] was added to the Team Inventory.

You glance back at the tower itself, which is now wonderfully cleared of shadow. It messes with your mind every time, but seeing the end result is always worth the hardship.

Daniel the Umbreon (M: Dark)
    Health: 9/10| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/10
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Seinaru
    Trait: Charming

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Well, I didn't want to do this at night -- but I think that's just superstition holding me back.

It's finally time to Search (43) Rusty Shine Units.
    The light of the moon illuminates your blue carapace as you scuttle along towards Rusty Shine Units. As you approach, you see a few smaller pokémon scatter after noticing you. You don't notice any of them, but make a note that there might be more like them roaming around. You attempt to stick to the shadows and draw as little attention to yourself as possible.

The property itself containing each unit is rather large, and being the small size that you are, you imagine it will take you quite a while to search around every single one. You have heard about graffiti, so you begin first to look at the unit walls, and immediately come across things here and there. You realise that most of it seems to be tasteless but harmless vandalism, and you suspect that the owner probably does not care enough to have it removed. You can see that some bits of graffiti have been half removed or scrubbed off, but the attempts look like ten minute jobs that were subsequently abandoned in favour of other things. Nothing particularly catches your attention, except a small bag that, at first, you wonder is a type of sway, but you realise is actually dust of a gem. A rare gem.

[Clear Gem Dust] was added to Truly's Inventory.

It takes you a long time to get around to each unit, but you finally come to a particular piece of graffiti that stands out to you. You can't recognise the handwriting based on anything you have seen so far, but this is definitely worth noting regardless.

=Threatening Graffiti= was noted in the Team Records.

Your heartbeat accelerates as you hear some more scurrying nearby, but you find that nobody is around as you continue looking. You feel a little on edge, but try to relax as you resume your search. However, nothing further turns up, except for the fact that there were a patch of units that seemed to smell particularly foul to you. You note that it might be worth checking the insides of the units for anything else that could be here.

Truly the Clauncher (S: Water)
    Health: 8/8| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Technical
    Trait: Charming

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Next on the list the little hedgehog gave me let's see.... Interview #61 Golly the Golurk.
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared type (Ghost)

Golly is behind the service desk at Longstay Ranch when you go to find him. His hulking form is bigger than even your buzzwole friend, which is a little intimidating as you wander up to him and and ask if he has a moment to talk. The gigantic pokémon sets down the pen he's holding and leans over the desk at you, narrowing his glowing yellow eyes.

He asks you who you are, and you give him a brief overview of your mission here and what you and your companions are hoping to accomplish. The dual type listens intently, leaning over the desk with all fingers outspread. When you finish, he gives a bit of a grumble.

"Stalkers, you say?" He thinks a moment, then rounds the desk and looms over you. You are one ninth of his size. "I might have some information for you, but we must speak in private." He looks back and forth, and then ducks into a side room, which you assume is only for him and any other employees he might have at the ranch. You follow him through an enormous doorway, and he closes the door behind you. "First off, you should know that my name is Golly, and I run Longstay Ranch--the finest, most luxurious accommodation in Harbour Valley!" He does a quick grand gesture. "Now, as you can imagine, I get a lot of jealous onlookers, particularly when they own accommodation themselves." He leans in and winks overly obviously at you, adding, "If you know who I mean."

You sigh a little, then ask him to whom specifically he is referring. He sits on an enormous seat and puts his hands in his lap.

"Everyone at Rusty Shine Apartments. I'm telling you, at least one of them has to be a Stalker. Have you seen the units there?" His voice is filled with disgust as he shudders. "Here, let me give you a list." He stands up and pulls a giant piece of paper out of a drawer and hands it over to you. You set it down, as it's about the same size as you.

Nakmor, Aarul, Marisha, Meela-Tey, Orolaph, Effentine, Rallodin, Rachta, Lillosh, Weikutt... You see "Urvanine" scribbled out, which looks fresh. Lastly, down the bottom, in stenciled, bold writing, is PAKSON.

You ask him if he has any foundation to these claims, to which he responds, "Oh, Pakson has been jealous of me for a very long time. Maybe now he is working with the Stalkers to try to bring me down. Some strange trapdoor showed up outside my estate - don't tell anyone this - and that is the only explanation. Might I also mention the state of those units he owns?" He scoffs. "I swear there are body parts in them or something. There must be; they reek. You wouldn't find that kind of indescribable horror in my establishment." He forces out a laugh.

You then mention Kaskin's package for him, and he immediately becomes interested and leans down at you a bit. You use your shadowy hands to reach into your bag and extract the package for him, and place it in his enormous hands. The golurk places it in a draw and gives you payment, which you pocket.

[Titanium Ore] and $183 SP$ were added to the Team Inventory.

You then ask him if there is anything further that he can give you, stressing that you're referring to useful information.

"It would not surprise me if Terr was hiding something in that cafe of theirs," he murmurs, but you're unsure if he's just not fond of Terr, or actually has grounds to be suspicious. "Now, please! I can't stay in here too long, or I might miss a customer enquiry!"

Realising you won't get much further with him, you thank him for his time and take your leave.

Madder the Mimikyu (S: Ghost/Fairy)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 7/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Seinaru | Abilities: Investigate
    Trait: Stealthy

11. This post has been liked by: