Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Well, it's time to check out #54c Clutch of Decaying Houses: Rotting Cottage. I have a feeling this is probably going to be a little more eventful considering we were specifically warned about it, but hey, no one gains experience only staying in their comfort zone!

So let's check it out and see what kind of dark secrets are in there.
    Knowing that you're more than likely to come across something unpleasant, all the while understanding that this is all part of the necessary process, you leave Orin to the others and depart the clubhouse, gliding through the dusty landscape until you come to the clutch of decaying houses you've visited twice before. You feel your stomach drop as you begin to move between the decrepit, disturbing ruins of poorly taken care of buildings which were once homes to residents.

The crawling, creeping sensation tickles your skin as you continue, suddenly feeling under-prepared and minuscule in comparison to your looming surroundings. Everything here is damp and dark, and glistening under the moonlight. The sickness in your stomach continues lingering, and you get the sense that it will not leave as long as you remain here. Nevertheless, you persist, and finally come upon the cottage emanating the highest amount of sickness-inducing darkness. The stairway up to it is collapsing and covered in lichen, and everything about it unsettles you. The whispering begins snaking through your ears as you reach the top of the concrete stairs and push the door open. A cold gust of air sweeps past your face and ripples your gliding skin, giving you chills. You are drawn in, and the door slowly shuts behind you with a small click.

You begin to make your way through the pitch-black room, reaching out in front of you as you take slow steps. You notice that parts of your skin begin to grow colder, followed by the application of a strange sense of pressure. You frown, ẗ̢̧̤̞̮̤̳́͂̃̈ͨͩ͗̀r̸̒ͥ̐͒̇̍ͤ͝͏̰͚̹y͑̆ͯ͏̯̦͔͎̜̝ing to shake your limbs free of this strange feeling, õ̪̗͇̓͊ͩ̊͞͝͠nly to meet resistance as you realise that the sensations are physical restraints now wrapped around you. You instinctively pa̛̖̱͚̍̿̂̅̀̚nic, attempting to pull at your limbs to get away from whatever has grabbed you, and you release a stream of sparks to light up your surroundings. You almost blind yourself with the bursts of light as a multitude of black̶͉, shad͓̭ͮ͊ͪowy limbs all around you stretch from the ̵̧͈͕̪̩͈ͩ̑͗͋ͪ̉ͯ̔darknȇ̾̈͏͜҉̜̪ͅsş̧̛̬͇̖̪͛̋̔ͩͪ̂̿ ͈͖̝̖ ̷̢̝ͪ̾̏ͩͦ̉ͯͯ and grasp a part of your body, somehow freezing and burning you at the same time.

Neo the Emolga sustains 5 points of damage to Purity.

The feeling is ͍̪̗̫̯̀ͅs̻͔̮̼̫̪̫i͉͚̙͎͓c͝ke͕n̳̫͍̗͘i̸̪̳̙n͉g͖͍͇̟ͅ, like you were suddenly poisoned and the toxins spread throughout your body faster than you could comprehend what had happened. Your ̷̠̰̓̒͢s̞͍̦̘̤̱̿̐̏̃͛̾̂ͫͪ́͞ei̝̤̗̹̼̫̺ͮ̉̄͌ͥ̀ͥ̔̈́z̋͆̌ͮͤ̓̑ ̨̯͔̳̜̬̲͎̲̺͢ė̡̟̦͑̏̐͜s̞͔̳͂͂ͮ̓̓ ̨̰͖͔̣͛͛͋̈̏ͥͥͅů̸͚̟͈͍̫̈́͒ͤ̒̃̚͠͞p͔̣̮͚͉̘̓̋̑͜ as̤̺̹̪̦͗̽͘ ̵̭͖̞̼̬ͬ̔͒̈ͫ̒ͪͩ̿̕ͅy̖̙͓̹̰̽ͮ͒͂ou̡̲̇ͬ͌̈́͟ ͈̺͚͗͘͞ try to move, but are terribly hindered as each inch of your skin is grasped, scraped, or clawed. The fe̛͎̰̯a͘r w̹eḽ͔̻̀li͖̙͈̪̻͉ǹ̥̖̱̭͔g̪ ̶̩̫u͎̻p̱̙̹͉͕̞͜ ͉in̘̬̦̻̻s̻͓̤̼̳͉id̩͈̳̻̻̹͘e̗̣̜̘͉̩̕ͅ ̟̀o̼͔ͅf̮͇̗̜͇̟ ̤̰̪y̛͎̯̜͙o̷͚͙̲̩u̴ is enough to paralyse you alone, but the real inhi̪̪biting force is the physical restraints. The thought of being trapped floods your mind as you scream and let loose more electricity, illuminating enough̬̳̹͈͙ͅ of the room for you to see two,҉͕͍̘̰̯ ̲̥sunken, void-like eyes amid a swirling black form at the edge of the room. With great ̯͈̜̟̰̝ͅd̘̩͇̹̬̪e̩a҉̣͕̯̤t̲͚͇͍͍̻hly̴̙̟̮͔ moans̱͚̹̭͖͇, the enormous form moves towards you, each of its limbs swarming around you or holding you in place.

{Shadow Entity: <Seinaru>} was noted in the Team Records.

It opens its great maw, releasing a swarm of h̸̼̰͆̑́̒͒͘͞orrible little shadow inse̼͓cts that land on your eyes and fill your ear canals. You t͍̮̻ͅr̺y̟͚̯͉ ͍̣͝to҉̝̮ ͍̗̳͔sc͈̳̹̻̩̞r̦͝e͎̙̼̻̳͙͍͞a͔m͙̙, but the ongoing sensation of tiny nibbles infesting your mind, bơ̶͓͔̜̰̪̞̰͛ͧͩͥdy and soul is all you can focus on as you stra̎ͦ̈́͗ͤͬ̒ͭ͗҉̪̱̲̰in yourself to releas̢̛͇̰̺̯̳͉͔͆̑̀ͭ̚͘ͅe even more el̫͇͇ectricity, trying with all your might to have some effect on the looming creature.

Neo the Emolga sustains 7 points of damage to Purity.

Your consciousness begins to fade as your body shakes with immense pain and your mind is locked in a state of panic, your very spirit being devoured by this horrible entity. You cannot see, feel or hear anything besides the end of your own m̍͋̇ͣ̚͝͏̟ͅö̸̺̹̰̯́ͪ̈́͗͛́̚̚r̵͍̝̣̭̹ͮ̇ͧͭ́ͧ̈́͒̇͢͜t͐̈́̆͌́͐ ͚aliţ̴͇̮͒͌ͤy̫̝͍̱̑̐̚͠ͅ ̸̨͉͎̙̣͈̦͚ͭ̈ͩ̽̓ͭ͋̚ͅą̷̰͕̖̯͖͎̙͑͝s t͍͈̦̟̤̣̦͓̽̋́́̅̏͗͌h͎̝͇̾͒̍̈́ͧe̵͌̿̍҉͇̰͔̘ ̥̃v̙͉̰͚͓̘̪̫͇̓͂̈́͋̚͞oi̴̷̧̜͉̣̩̿ͯͬ̒ͬͩͫ̅ͫd sw̗̲͋̉ͥ͌ͧá̈́͑ͯ̃͐̍́͘҉͈͍̱̜̩ḽ̮͉̜͈̗͈͛͜͞l̡̪̤̬͖͐͊͊ͩͫ́o̊ ̴̨̭̻̖̗͖̥̠ͧ͜w͚̤͔̗̖ͫ͋ͤ͊̉̈́̕͢͝s you w̞͑̐ho̐͌͢͏̱̞̣̥͈̫͔͜ͅl̢͇̦̜̩̟̣͖̃ͥͣ̕e̢̫̪͓̞ͤ̂ͬͤ͐̄͑́̿ ...

ḓ̵͎̲̬i̘̝͙͚̺̋͢E͢
    Y̨͒̌͒ͯ̋ỏ̵ͧ̆ͬű̎͛̕ŕ̆͛ͯͣ͋̚͠ͅ ̬͍̩͈͍͙p̡̮̤̦̣͌̽o͙ͭͨͯͬ̐̀or littl͈̩̺͒͡ͅe͙̿̀ͤ̍̀͗ ̺͒ͨ̎͟body and so̼͒͗̅ͩͪ͝ṵ͓̝͔͔̳̰ͣ͆l̮ ̪̪̝ͩ̈ͭ̌ͪͫ̚͞ḁ̞̦̫̓rͩ̊ͧͭ̚e swep̩̹͇̩̳̘̞͑ͣ̈͆͋t̯́͜ up̦̙̣̮͖̟̪͐̊ ͖̯̗͍̝͔ͬ͑͂̀̇ͅby the ̖͖̘̃ͥ̓̑ͅcl̮̳̫̀ͥ̓ǘ̷͓̩͙͚̫̜̮t̞̱͖͍̞͇͕͂ͥ̅ͪ̊c̈́͛̈͂̎҉ ͕hes ́͌̌ő̧͓͉ͦ̾ͩ̃͋f̵ ̖͉͈̩̦͔̓the Abys̙̮͛s,̨̩̯̂ͤͨ͆ͦͭͮconsų͈ͥͪ͑m͉̣̫̤͂ͨ̌̃̐̊͂ed pie̟ͫͦͩ̌ͬͦ̚c̦̺͍͈̤͉̳͋͑e b̯̄y̘̟͕͇̤̣͆̉ͭ̔̍ ̬͕ͬ̓͗͂ͮpiece as y̬̬̩̣̪͉̖ͮ̏ͭo̖̜͚̍͋͐͛̅ͮ͗u̘͖͐͛ͩ̆ͪͨṛ̡̖ ag͙͚͂̒̏ͭͣ̋̉o̼̗̝̼ny ̷̩͚̹i̜͚̩̞ͤs̜̟̮̞͖͍̠ ̦̬͓͔̦̘̆ͭ͐̿̽͆̚͟fed ̗̪̰̺̞͌͐͊̐ͯ̅̇tͨ̿̊͗ͦ͒ͥo the pow̠̬ͧ́͆̌̊e̬ͣͪ͌͂̏̉rfų̻̭̺̪ͅl̳̺̣̙̔͟ ̯̮͚͔̻͔͚͑ͨ̊ͮ̅͌ș̡͂ͤ̔͗p̵͓̣͈̳̯̣ͫ͌̀ir̴̰͎̱͈̻͆̑ͨ͗̒̐͗i̎̈́̆ ̬̽t͈̙̓ͩͭ͘s̖̘̗̾̈́ͬ̍ ̬̭̗͎̂̌dw̳̫͉̲̓͗ͮͮ̄ell̬̞͙̻͕͕̈́̍̓ͨ͢i̱̤̱̼͖̐̋́̓͗̎n͚̿ͭ̾̇͟ ̭̰̫̩̞̺g̯̘̥̗̟͖ͣ̓ ͣ̋ below̫̜̳͚͎̙ͦ̋.͕̱ͯ̉̅ͯͬͭ́ ̈̍͜

T̒͂̇̇̓ͣ̉ͧ̐ͯ҉̛̝̥̘̣̖͕̖̜͉̥̰͔͚͙̹̠̘̯̻̀̕͠h̐̏̉ͥ͗̇ͫ͌́̏̇͂̍ͬ ̢̛͢҉̮̼̳̭ę̵̸̸̠̘͔̜̦͔̱͎̌̃̉̒̊͂̊ͣ̉́̄͌̄̀̄ͯ̚ͅͅy t͓̗͈̪͕̤̳͖͓̤͐̉͑̀̃̾͜͡h̨̒ͦ̑͂̌̽̈́̾͆͒̒́͡҉̢̪̬͔͔̞͕̩͖͎̟̳ͅan k̶̩͇̯̪̝̩͙̳̯̱͙̳͎̞͙̹ͯͨ̾́͘̕͜ͅ y̸̻̲̟͖̝͕̦̠͚̤͙͇͎̤̲͊͆̈́̒ͧ̊ͩ̿ͣ̎̐͛ͫͯ̆͞͡ọ̶̭͉̺̜̀̽̽̓̉̈́ͫ̒̊ ̪͙͙̣̣̝͖͈u͐́͛ͥ͊͗̈̎̈̍̚͏̷̗̟̗̥̜͜͟ͅ f̸̶͙̹͖͖̾̐̌̋̒ͨͪ̅ͯͫͬ͡o̵̜̟͚͕͎̖͕̹͉̱̾͂ͩ̈́̐ͣ̋̒ͮͩ͋͊̉ͬ̿́̚rͮ ̴̺̗̮͈̘̮͖̟̜͚̪̫͚̥̲͙̠̼͙̿̎͛ͪͮ̒́͒ ̹̭̜̬́̿̄ͣ̊͗ͧ̇̆̽̒̎̐ͯ́ͩ̾͐̀ͅyour̸̛̜͖͖͚͔͇̲̮̹͒̋̐ͮ̌̀̋̾́̀͞ ̗̘̟̫ cont̡ͪ͊ͧ̿̄̂́͗̉̈́͂̑͒҉̸̨̝̲̼͙̗̩͉̰̕rͥ̐̍̔̿͆͌͑ͧ̅̈́̈ͧ̓̐͋ͤ̑ͩ ̸̻̲͚̞̞̞̯̹̹̱̫̼̱̟̀͘ͅͅȉ̸̴̧̦̙͉͈̰̟̼̟̲̖̩̥͋̈́͛͑͋̐̒̅ͮ̿̍ͫ̕͘ ̦͓butio̶̴̙̹̭͓̯̤̪̞̻̤͔͂͒̑͘n̷̶̥̠̘̤̄ͬ̐ͨ̑̓̑ͩͨͫ͋̍ͩ̎̐͒̌͗̚ ̭͇̫͙̞̼̻̭̫̣͖̪̺̳.̶̗̜̦̻͚̦̼̟̟̻̥̯͈̝̩͈̹̄ͨ̈̓̂̀ͯ͊ͯ̀́͢ͅ
    ̧̺͈͓̹̇̐ͭ̍̈́̉͐ͬ͐̓̆̓ͥ͑ͭ̇

Neo the Emolga is D̴̘̫̘͉͓̜̙̖̳͙̜̯͙̝̼̱̝͚ͥ̀ͨ́͞E̸̦̪̩͙̬̹͍ͣͩ̓͂͊͑̍̋̒ͮͧ̑̑͢͢͡ ͙͍A̦͙̦̼̳͔̥̳̲͊ͮ̏ͭ̋̉̀̔̒ͬ̊̌ͦ̓̌̉͆̿̕͟͟͜ͅD̉͋̓̒̃̄͌̓̿̆̇͐͗̚ ̶̨̗̣̥͙͖͔̙̞͙̮̥̹̣̊ͯ̊̉
    ͕̘͉̖̣̹̠̙͎͚̱̰͎̈́͛̐̽̈͑ͫ̒ͧ̀́͠͞ͅ

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    After talking to Orin I'll pay a visit to the (44a) Tavern. A girl could use a good drink after what we just found. To believe it or not? We will know for sure soon enough.
    Orin is still waiting outside as you slip out of the clubhouse and head towards Greg's Grog. It's a relatively nice-looking inn from the outside, and you can see even from here that it is relatively lively inside. You head inside, ensuring to remain relatively inconspicuous as you begin to search the various parts of the main room. You go mostly unnoticed, but find nothing. You begin to search through some of the other rooms, including a storage room which you can immediately see is filled with barrels of booze and some discarded furniture. You sniff around, suddenly sensing some kind of strange presence. You frown, finding a small hole in the corner of the room between two barrels. You stare at it a moment before electing to go inside, crawling through the space and popping out on the other side.

Instantly your eyes start to burn as images flash in your mind and your brain starts to feel a heavy weight set upon it. You wince as you feel a burning sensation in your head, like a fire-type has just unleashed a torrent of flames through your ear. Whispers accompany it as you push through, navigating to a small bag g͎̯̳̘̙̲̲lowing red at the end of the small cupboard space. You do̴ͅuble over as the heat intensifies, warding you off and s̜̞i̥̼͎̤̘ͯͬ͢n̵̳̟̼̱̟̣͌ͮge͏̱̥̞͖̬̙̗ị̱͕͈̥͉͚n̗͙̝̫͖̩̳͜g ̠̘̩̪̰̦ ̴͔̜̜̦y̴̮ou҉̦̙̦͉̯r̴͔̩ m͔̙͙͓͓̯͚i̖͉̣̜̺͠ͅn͉d̕.

Sparkstrike the Pikachu sustains 3 points of Purity damage.

You try to shake it off as you reach for the bag, but its proximity it only brings on more internal trauma. Your brain feels like it's ̷̬̹͖͚twisting as you grit your teeth and groan, trying to break free of the pain but still failing. You grasp the bag, feeling the physical heat sear through to your paws as you drop it instantly. You grab your wrist with your other paw, watching as your skin morphs red and starts bubbling. You panic, looking up for something to soothe it, but find nothing. You glance back down at it and note that it is back to its rich yellow colour, and your m͕͗̎͝ind turns as you wonder what is going on.

Sparkstrike the Pikachu sustains 2 points of Sanity damage.

You close your eyes and reach for the bag again, this time feeling nothing but the cloth. You open your eyes once more, and to your relief, the pain has still not returned. You sigh, pocketing the bag.

[Bag of Coals] was added to the Team Inventory.

You stare for a good while before your mind seems to click back into place and you take a deep breath, exiting the small space and popping back into the storage room. The foreboding feeling has subsided, but thinking about the pouch brings you nothing but a sick feeling in your stomach. You try to shake it off and leave the inn, keen to rest after this awful experience.

Sparkstrike the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 6/8 | Purity: 7/12
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Medicine
    Trait: Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I'd like to search Terr's Delicacies.
    Terr's Delicacies is a somewhat nice cafe toward the bottom end of the bazaar. You can see very plainly that it is empty this time of night, and start by searching the exterior. There isn't much to see out here, despite looking through each prickly shrub and moving every rock, so you promptly try to find a way in and search the interior instead. You eventually find an unlocked window, which you slip through and start your search inside.

Seeing in the dark is not a problem for you, so you are able to easily navigate the inside without issue. It's not until you come into the kitchen that you see anything that remotely catches your attention, but what you see does indeed stick out to you: another disturbing recipe written by and likely belonging to Indulge.

=Carbonara Recipe= was noted in the Team Records.

You barely have time to read the whole thing before your nose indicates something foul to you, and you use your paw to open one of the drawers. Immediately you see an array of entrails which seem to be arranged in specific shapes. You can't exactly tell what they are arranged to show, but whatever it is gives you the creeps. You try to tear your eyes away, but something keeps you there, some kind of dastardly presence snagging your gaze and forcing you to keep your eyes fixed. You feel a hot flush sweep your body as your fur stands on end, the entrails seeming to move on their own and twist into disturbing patterns.

Daniel the Umbreon sustains 3 points of Sanity damage.

It feels like you're going insane until you finally rip your eyes from the entrails and slam the drawer shut, trying to shake off the lasting feeling. Shivers rack your body, and you quickly grab the recipe paper and make off with it, ending your search there. You're not sure why the entrails affected you so much, but one thing is for sure; this is a Stalker's doing.

Daniel the Umbreon (M: Dark)
    Health: 9/10| Sanity: 5/8 | Purity: 12/10
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Seinaru
    Trait: Charming

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Something about this Orin situation doesn't add up, so I'm going to investigate 1. Shilamora the Goodra
    You slip away from the suspect vivillon and begin to make your way across town towards Salvage Keep. The long trek gives you a chance to mull over what Orin told you, as well things you wish to look into about Shilamora. The whole story between Shilamora and Orin needs to be checked out, and you figure that you're just the right mimikyu to get the job done.

Upon coming to Salvage Keep, you place yourself in the same tree that you sat in to spy on Orin, and begin to plan out your next moves.

Madder the Mimikyu has started an Investigation into Shilamora the Goodra.

Madder the Mimikyu (S: Ghost/Fairy)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Perk: Seinaru | Abilities: Investigate
    Trait: Stealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I think I'll talk to 44. Cepillu the Golbat.
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE, MODEST
    +1 Shared type (Flying)
    +Modesty: Bug < Flying

You find Cepillu perched up in her treehouse, just outside the Valley Graveyard. It's easy for you to get through, being a capable flier, and she watches you approach. As you draw in closer, you watch her eyes track you. You stop before her, noting that her jaws are closed. She remains silent and waits for you to speak.

You start a conversation by introducing yourself and explaining that you are looking for information on strange happenings in town, or anything else of note that she can tell you. She stares at you for a moment longer, then unfolds her large wings. You note that one of them is partly torn.

"I am Cepillu, temple priestess." She pauses again. "Pleasure to meet you. I have heard of newcomers who have been asking about the Stalkers," she says, then stops to gauge your reaction. "I'm afraid I cannot offer you much...though surely you have noticed that." She nods towards the graveyard nearby, which you turn to look at. The whipping shadows and creeping corruption swirl around, licking each tombstone. "There is a crypt in the graveyard that only I have access to. I sincerely hope that the shadows do not reach it...but I fear that my hope is wasted on such a wicked presence."

The two of you watch the whipping blackness under the night sky, and then you ask her a few more questions surrounding odd things, or potential suspects. You figure that, if she's already aware of what exactly you're referring to when you ask about vague happenings, you might as well enquire directly. The golbat narrows her eyes.

"Something is not right with Imeida." She continues staring into the distance. "There is something afoul at the base of my tree, and in Yasha's residence. I do not suspect either of us, however..." She finally looks at you. "I advise that you be careful. If you have need of the crypt, you need only ask. But first...the corruption must be quashed."

You spend some more time perching with Cepillu until you decide that it's time to depart, and thank her for her help.

Carly the Yanmega (L: Bug/Flying)
    Health: 12/12 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 8/8
    Perk: Technical
    Trait: Nimble

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Ow, my head. Not sure what's going on with Orin but I'll leave that for the others to deal with. I need to go talk with Vye the Bisharp about this captive Mienfoo. Hopefully my diplomacy skills can convince them to release them, or at get them to explain why they're so confident Jasper is the culprit. I'll make sure to ask them about anything else suspicious they may have seen around, or any other information on the stalkers thy might have.
    Interview Rapport: VERY POSITIVE, VERY INTIMIDATING
    +1 Shared evolution stage
    +1 Shared type (Steel)
    +Intimidation: Fighting > Steel
    +Intimidation: Fighting > Dark

Vye is overseeing a sparring match between two other pokémon when you find him at the Bounty Hunters guild. The bisharp has his arms crossed as his unreadable expression keeps itself set upon the two participants, his composure breaking occasionally to reprimand or shout instructions. You can see that the two pokémon engaged in the sparring take Vye's criticism very seriously, and do not even look up at you as you enter the room and cross over to where the bisharp stands. Aside from one eye following you for half a second, the dual type also does not pay you any mind.

You wait for ten minutes before the match ends and Vye commands the participants to cease. He imparts curt feedback and then begins to depart, which is when you stop him. The bisharp turns around, meeting eyes with you. His stern expression communicates to you that, despite your very clear advantage over him regarding type, he harbours not a single shred of fear towards you.

"What?" he demands, and you waste no time in explaining to him the purpose of your visit and your intentions. You ensure to spare him the unnecessary details and only delve into things you think he would deem important, and you watch as the bisharp inclines his head slightly as you talk. He seems engaged, but you gather that he is not usually so easy to give his attention.

Vye the Bisharp is now COMPLIANT.

"The mienfoo's innocence means nothing to me," he states flatly. "He is a contract; nothing more. Should you wish to have some sway in the matter, speak to the issuer, not the bounty hunter." He cuts the conversation there and goes to turn around, when you stop him again by questioning what it would take to get him to change his mind. Vye turns his head so you can see merely one eye. "You clearly have no concept of a bounty hunter's contract. Either you pay more than the issuer, or you best me in battle." He holds his breath a moment. "Neither is within your capabilities, I'm sure."

You frown at him, but consider one other option: it's possible you could try to rescue Jasper without either the issuer or the bounty hunter realising. Someone else would have to front it, but you figure that it is a viable possibility.

Mission Updated: Fee or Flee
    There are three methods of exonerating Jasper: battle against Vye and win; pay Vye a fine of $900 SP$; start a Rescue Mission to rescue Jasper.

"I have run this guild in excess of two decades. My skills far surpass yours, lucario. Should you wish to learn how to utilise skills that I teach, return with a focused mind."

Vye the Bisharp has been identified as a teacher for Rescue/Escape.

The bisharp leaves, this time unresponsive to your attempt at further questioning. While compliant, it does not seem that the dual type has much else to offer at this stage. At least, you figure, you know your options for further pursuing this mission for Yssillee...

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 5/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait: Resourceful

8. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    So, Orin is thine name? How did you find this place? If you don't remember anything you do when the stalkers take over, how do you know about emmisaries?
    You hear Orin sigh from the other side of the door. "Are you serious? I've just given you an offer--ugh, whatever." He pauses a second. "I know about the Emissaries because you're all parading around town asking questions. It's hard not to know about you. I pieced things together. This thing might prevent me from doing research specific to it and its demonic brethren, but there are some things it can't help but pass on. The others probably know as well, but their Enthraller and soul are separate. Mine blend together...so I'm privy to more information. Just, ya know, nothing actually useful. Beyond what else I have to offer, that is."

"Why should we let you in here? Would not a secure location elsewhere fit your purposes just as well, while offering less risk to us?"

Orin snorts a little. "In case you haven't noticed, nobody can find this place because it's shrouded with your divinity or whatever. The only reason I can is because I'm not blinded to it. Having partial control over this thing has its benefits. Point is, constructing cells anywhere else would put you - and me - at risk of being seen. Sure, there are places in town that not many folks go, but this is by far the most secure location. You think it's risky to keep me here? Try keeping a Stalker somewhere public and having to deal with the other Stalkers finding you while you're trying to buckle down just one.

"Look, I can give you these blueprints for constructing holding cells, but you build it anywhere else, you're putting yourself in danger. Ya know, even more so than the danger you've already gotten yourselves into."

You get the feeling that he's being sincere, and you can see the logic in his words...

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    [Use Medicine to heal 3 HP to Lillian, 4HP to Nicklefool and 1 Sanity to Adrian]
    After speaking with Orin, you retreat further into the clubhouse and find Lillian, using your medical knowledge and divine gift to impact some healing onto her.

You restore 3 points of Health to Lillian the Lopunny.

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Equipment: Obsidian Dagger, Enigma Berry (until Day 5 Day Cycle)

After he returns, you take Nicklefool aside and focus on his physical health as well. It takes some time, but the Mr. Mime is healed significantly afterwards.

You restore 4 points of Health to Nicklefool the Mr. Mime.

Nicholas "Nicklefool" Foligan the Mr. Mime (M: Psychic/Fairy)
    Health: 10/10| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10

Lastly, you find Adrian and attempt to restore his mental state as much as you can. While it's not as effective as the healing for the other two, you know that every little bit helps.

You restore 1 point of Sanity to Adrian the Lucario.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 10/10 | Sanity: 6/8 | Purity: 10/10

When you are done, your body feels exhausted and you know you must rest. Beforehand, though, you think on Orin's words and are prepared to weigh in on the decision that your companions make...

Yris the Ultra Necrozma (L: Psychic/Dragon)
    Health: 12/12| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 8/8
    Perk: Medicine | Abilities: Rescue/Escape

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Looks like I missed the action period according to the first post... but in case...

Search (7) Berry House.
    You arrive at the Berry House juice bar and berry market run by Balene the cottonee, and while it's late at night and no one else seems to be around, you still feel a bit of comfort upon arriving in this homely kind of store right in the heart of the Salvage Keep Bazaar.

You start your search around the exterior and the first thing you notice is Balene takes good care of the grounds of her store, trying to make it as welcoming and presentable as possible. You can imagine this is likely a nicer place to visit during the day, but even at night, it still feels like a welcoming haven in the midst of everything else that has ravaged Yaru.

After finding the front wooden door was locked when they closed down today, you find a way to slip in through the back window that was left slightly ajar. You take a look around and realize you've entered the back storage area where Balene keeps her equipment and inventory stock. The area is quite clean and you can tell Balene does her best to keep it nice and orderly. Though nothing seems out of the ordinary, you look up at the shelf where Balene keeps her berry stock organized. It seems she packs everything away and stows it in the storehouse out back before the end of the night, but it seems she left a few behind on the highest shelf, likely overlooking them. You feel they might be helpful to take along, so you aim your vines upward and wrap them around each berry. You wrap the first one and then bring it down to your level, quickly identifying it as an Oran Berry from its deep blue color and round shape.

Added [Oran Berry] to Mistee's Inventory.

You send your vines up once again, trying to see what other neglected berries might be up there. You managed to secure another one, bringing it down and identifying it as a Starf Berry from its rich green color and teardrop like shape.

Added [Starf Berry] to Mistee's Inventory.

You attempt a third search with your vines, but your vines only feel air. Once finished, you head into the main storefront area. It seems to be a nice area with a clean wooden counter, well-maintained floors and tables of varying sizes to address the height needs of different Pokémon, but nothing else seems to be out of place.

You decide to head back out the way you came through the window and return to base.

Mistee the Bulbasaur (M: Grass/Poison)
    Perk: Technical

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Lillian doesn't look pleased with Orins responses, especially since he wasnt fully forthcoming with his information. She growls, letting her companions know that she's ok for him to be let in because he might have important information, but that she doesn't trust him to not snoop or be overcome by his stalker.

Being annoyed and frustrated about the whole thing, still berries up and armed, Lillian will head out to battle Meela-Tey for the quest, as well as talk to her about various frustating things if possible.
    While a little flustered about what to do with Orin and who's side he's really on, you decide to head out tonight and see about that challenge Bixas wants you to undertake, seeing as how Meela-Tey is the next on that list of contenders. While it takes a little hunting around to find out where exactly Meela-Tey lives, eventually you find her address in the town directory and you head over to her Unit 5 apartment at the Rusty Shine Units. Like the rest of the building, her apartment has probably seen better days and her apartment door looks like it was probably used as a shield against mortar rounds, but you figure to her, it's still home. Still considering the splintering floor and the crumbling walls, you're hoping you don't fall through the floor, but you figure if Meela-Tey can get in here without falling through, you should be just fine. Hopefully.

You knock on her door with your paw, hoping a bit that you don't actually punch a hole in it. After a few seconds, the viewport slider opens and you see the diamond-shaped left eye of the Armaldo looking back at you.

"Funny, don't usually get visitors at this hour," she tells you. "Guess that makes you special."

You tell her about the challenge that Bixas the Pinsir is putting you up to, and that you wish to have a nice bout with her, not really caring about the late hour. You hear her chuckle, sounding like you just made her day.

"Oh, I'd love to, hun, but not in here," Meela-Tey chortles. "We'd probably tear the whole building down. We'll meet out back and have our dance back there. You cool with that?"

You nod and decide to meet with the Armaldo a safe distance away from the apartment building. As she said, it probably would have ended with both of you fighting in a rubble pile with a lot of other upset tenants, and she might not be the only Pokémon you battle with tonight if that were to happen.

Outside, the open area between the Rusty Shine Units and the Black Dart Apothecary is what Meela-Tey chooses as the perfect battle arena. The visibility isn't too great in the darkness of the night, but the hard, wasteland ground is firm and should be able to absorb most of the impacts. Not to mention good for allowing quick and nimble movement. Meanwhile, there's plenty of open space, but not too many obstructions are around. Running and hiding won't be an option here.

Now that you can see Meela-Tey in full, you see heavy plated Pokémon is definitely a battle-hardened warrior and even has the dings in her armor to attest to her experience. You smirk, feeling ready for the challenge with your Obsidian Dagger in hand. You can definitely see that Bixas wasn't going to put up you against pip-squeaks for this challenge and Meela-Tey is clearly one of his best students. But whether or not she's better than you, only time will tell...

FRIENDLY BATTLE!
    For your battle audio pleasure

Meela-Tey, Medium, Rock/Bug type. 10HP, 30% dodge rate, 1d4 attack die. 45 Speed.
    Lillian, Medium, Normal type. 10HP, 30% dodge, +2 Dam. Res, 1d4+2 attack die. 135 Speed.

Lillian strikes first!

FIGHT!

Using the firm ground to your advantage, you spring and leap into action, knowing that while you've got a hard target to go up against, speed still kills. You race in, brandishing your dagger and going in for the blow:

Lillian rolls 63%, hit! 4 points of damage, +2 from Obsidian Dagger = 6 damage, halved (Normal vs Rock) = 3.
    Meela-Tey: 7HP Remaining.

You strike Meela-Tey ferociously with the dagger, and though her rocky armor absorbs a hefty share of the damage, you've just given her a fresh new ding in her armor to wear. And that's probably not going to go away any time soon. She sweeps in for a reprisal strike, attempting to catch you in the side with one of her claws.

Meela-Tey rolls 81%, hit! 1 - 1 from Enigma Berry = 0 damage!
    Lillian: 10HP Remaining.

You swiftly leap out of the way with her claw barely laying a scratch on you, and even so, the pain-deadening effects of the Enigma Berry could have fooled you into thinking she completely missed.

"Bigger they came, harder they fall!" you taunt the Armaldo.

"Oh yeah!?" she smirks as she challenges you. "The faster they go, the harder they crash! This ain't over yet, honey!"

You quickly out-maneuver Meela-Tey and she has a hard time trying to keep eyes on you, especially in the dark of the night. Working with all your speed, you dive in for your second assault, ready to drive the dagger in as fiercely as possible. You feel the rush of the wind in your fur and throughout your long ears as you fly in for the brutal strike.

Lillian rolls 63%, hit! 4 points of damage +2 from Obsidian Dagger = 6 points of damage, halved (Normal vs Rock) = 3 damage.
    Meela-Tey: 4HP Remaining.

And yet again, you land another seriously powerful piercing strike against the heavy plated Armaldo, giving her yet another scratch to her from you to wear like an involuntary tattoo. Meela-Tey winces from the pain, looking like she's about to start running on adrenaline at this rate. It seems from the look in her eyes, this definitely wasn't turning out the way she thought it would go.

Meela-Tey then tries to use her spiked tail to sweep you off your feet in her attempt to give you a few fresh battle scars of your own.

Meela-Tey rolls 97%, hit! 1 point of damage - 1 damage from Enigma Berry = 0 damage!
    Lillian: 10HP Remaining.

The hefty laceration that Meela-Tey was hoping for only turns out to be a painless rub in the leg as you land back on your feet, ready for more action. You clear a little distance, giving yourself enough room to dash in for another brutal assault. Meela-Tey has a hard time judging how you're going to move in, and you sweep across the rugged ground and dive through the air to deliver your next attack.

Lillian rolls 46%, hit! 2 points of damage +2 from Obsidian Dagger = 4 damage, halved (Normal vs Rock) = 2 damage
    Meela-Tey: 2HP Remaining.

Driving the dagger in, yet another harsh gash is plugged into Meela-Tey. While not quite as ferocious as the last two blows, you're definitely laying on some serious hurt to her.

"Why you...!" Meela-Tey shouts, trying to turn pain into combative anger. "Girl, you'd better get ready to feel my claw in your face!"

She tries to get in a strike before you get a chance to dart away...

Meela-Tey rolls 99%, hit! 3 points of damage!
    Lillian: 7HP Remaining.

She manages to tear a painful laceration on your cheek with her claw, and the pain sears and veins its way across your face. While the sting hurts, it's not going to stop you any time soon.

Trying to catch your breath, you dash around Meela-Tey, moving like an unpredictable acrobat upon the hard ground. She tries to brace herself for whatever you might throw at her, but you feel confident she's not prepared for what you're about to unleash upon her.

Lillian rolls 23%! Miss!
    Lucky reroll!
    Lillian rolls 22%! Miss!

You swoop in to try and make your finishing blow, but Meela-Tey just narrowly dodges the pointy end of your blade. Maybe that adrenaline is kicking after all...

"Trying that again, huh?" Meela-Tey taunts you. "You didn't think I'd catch on?"

You grunt in displeasure, and before you get the chance to try again, Meela-Tey tries once again to take a swing at you with her tail, hoping to land the blow right at your back before you can spring away.

Meela-Tey rolls, 17% Miss!

But you end up being just too fast for her! Her tail hits nothing but air as it sweeps around her. Seeing as how she's trying to recover from that last attempt, you decide to quickly move in and try once more at that finishing blow you were hoping for earlier. Dagger in hand, you jump in and hold it tight in your paw.

Lillian rolls 64%! Hit! 2 points of damage + 2 from Obsidian Dagger = 4 damage, halved (Normal vs Rock) = 2 damage
    Meela-Tey: 0HP Remaining.

LILLIAN WINS!

QUEST UPDATED: A Contest of Strength

After dealing that crushing finishing blow, Meela-Tey moans, looks exhausted, and holds out her claws in surrender, never expecting to deal with anything nearly as fast and as lethal as you!

"Ugh, god, stop...!" Meela-Tey grunts, barely able to stand on her own feet. "Okay, okay, you got me. I don't think I can stomach getting prodded with that thing again!"

She decides to sit down, trying to catch her breath. You approach her, confident that you've beaten her, and she nods, accepting that you've triumphed.

"Well, looks like I've got more training to do," Meela-Tey sighs. "You, girl... I think you might just have what it takes to take on Bixas. Might. But don't you be getting all cocky, though! He doesn't play around when it comes to a bout like this! He turns his pride into a weapon and you'd do well not to underestimate it!"

You wonder just how a fight against him might go, but before you get to reflect on it, Meela-Tey hands to you a black cloth pouch filled with splinters.

"Take it, enjoy," she offers to you. "Don't you go spending it all in one place, now."

You happily take it from her, knowing every extra bit of money helps the cause.

Added $100 SP$ to the Team Inventory.

Figuring she could use a minute to catch her breath before heading back up to rest off the battle, you ask her about frustrating things. The Stalkers, the murders, and all the dark and grizzly stuff going on around town.

"Ugh, those freaks," Meela-Tey sighs. "I'll admit, my whole life I've never seen a Pokémon murdered. Not until I came across old Shayta's body just a few weeks ago. She used to live in Unit 8 of the Rusty Shine. I swear, that old Butterfree wouldn't hurt a soul." She looks away, glancing toward the Rusty Shine building and pointing toward a particular spot with her claw. "Right there. I found that poor Butterfree's body overstuffed with Arceus-knows-what, and dumped right back there by the dumpster. I swore, I didn't recognize her at first. I thought someone tried to throw out their spoiled leftover dinner from a window and missed. When I realized what it was and saw what was done to her, I... I screamed. I almost never scream, but that got to me..."

She looks back to you and sighs before looking down.

"I sure hope you don't end up like that," she mutters as she stands up, able to stand back up again. "Sorry about not being of too much help in that area, but hey, you seem like you can handle yourself in a fight. Great quality to have. I think I'd better get some sleep now, but thanks for the good battle. I needed that, but I think you're out of my league. But when it comes to Bixas, heh, we'll see. I'm sure I'll hear about how that goes down sooner or later."

Just as she prepares to go back to her apartment, she turns back to you.

"Nice meeting you," Meela-Tey smirks. "You've got the spunk, I'll say."

She then heads back to the Rusty Shine while you head back home a little richer with a new aura of confidence around you.

Lillian the Lopunny (M: Normal)
    Equipment: Obsidian Dagger, Enigma Berry (until Day 5 Day Cycle)
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 09-15-2019 at 08:57 PM.

12. This post has been liked by: