Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When Spoopiness TRULY Strikes You In The Hoo-ha: Discussion of Fears

So i made a blog post about my fear of Slendytubbies, but that low-key sucked so i blew it up. So, i made this thread to be more inclusive so people can share and discuss their fears and maybe funny stories about the fear i suppose XD

PM me for the slendytubbies story i guess

this isn't a spooky fear more than it is a really dumb irrational fear. i have a really bad time with robots? more specifically people in robot mascot costumes. when i was at a festival when i was like 4 a guy in a transformers outfit like came up to me and it scared me so bad that i just want nothing to do with them.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    For me, when it comes to spoopy stories/movies/fictional stuff, I don't usually get more than a little unsettled for a bit. But there are a few things I've read that really got to me for some reason. And what my brain decides is spoopy enough to cause actual problematic fear makes no sense. Murderers, kidnappers, real-life dangerous environments, "humans are the real monsters" type of stuff? My brain is just like "Heh, cool story." But (certain types of) bizarre, physically impossible, complete fantasy type of horror? My brain has just gone "oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no..." a few times.

But I've found a very effective solution for me. Lucid dreaming. Spoopy thing appears in nightmare? Well, birch, I control this reality now, so it's on. Few things are more satisfying than finding that thing I'm afraid of in a dream (the only place it can exist in my life) and curbstomping it.

So yeah, that's the tl;dr of my experience with spoopy fears.

4. This post has been liked by:

Will I, at any point in my natural life, be anywhere near a black hole? Probably not. Will a black hole spontaneously appear and consume me, or the earth? Probably not. Do I have a big fear of black holes? Heck yeah I do. Just the concept of them and everything I learn about them is utterly terrifying to me.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have this like really irrational fear of animatronic mascots. Like robots on their own are fine but I really don't like stuff like those at Chuck E Cheese. We visited one my senior year of high school and in all the pictures I'm just eyeing the robots anxiously.

It's mostly due to the FNAF franchise since I have a tendency to watch playthroughs of the games at night before I go to bed and you'd think after like idk seven games or whatever I'd figure out not to do that but nahhhh I still do it like an idiot. The games themselves kinda freak me out too but I can take them in small doses.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

For me I kinda have two laced together. Odd as they may be. Aliens and being abducted. I mean I know the odds of it happening to me out of the 7billion+ people on this planet is at odds, but it still has me with a slight fear of it. Mostly cause "what will they do with me" and "I'll never see home again" kind of thinking following it. I'm already pretty weak as it is. Don't have very much muscles. I mean I know there's a lot of good some aliens can do too, but the fear of those that do wrong doesn't help.

See LKWayvern's yeah black holes can be pretty terrifying too. I remember learning about those in school many years ago and fearing those too. Still kinda gives me goosebumps.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Me and heights don't mix well, I'm terrified that I'll somehow slip and fall, even if there's no feasible way that'll happen. When I go on holiday next week I'm hoping to work on this because we've got theme park tickets included in our package, so I may as well give a roller coaster a go. Holding a tarantula helped me get over my fear of spiders, after all. Now it's just moths (and to a lesser extent most other bugs) that I'm scared of. :3

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Me and heights don't mix well, I'm terrified that I'll somehow slip and fall, even if there's no feasible way that'll happen. When I go on holiday next week I'm hoping to work on this because we've got theme park tickets included in our package, so I may as well give a roller coaster a go. Holding a tarantula helped me get over my fear of spiders, after all. Now it's just moths (and to a lesser extent most other bugs) that I'm scared of. :3
    LOL i actually have something like that ish

heights don't scare me a bit, but FALLING from a great height does. just the feeling, i don't actually get paranoid tho

wow then the lamp moth meme doesn't suit you then? i guess wasps and roaches spoop me tho
    [center]
    [COLOR="#9a32cd"]HUGE shoutout to Neo Emolga for the signature and Chakramaster for makin' it work!!

10. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I know as a kid, video game glitches, especially with the old NES and Sega Genesis games, freaked me out. I used to play the heck out of the Sega Genesis Home Alone game, but I found that if you finish off Marv and Harry by maxing out the Pain meter with the electric mortar gun in the Old House (Yes, I still remember all this and I don't know why), the game would become hideously scrambled during the victory screen, the audio would become violent static, and the game would just freeze completely dead. Given, in that game, the Old House was creepy already and had disturbing music, but that amped up the paranoia level when I played that game as a kid.

The NES game Maniac Mansion also had this really creepy-sounding alarm that would go off in various spots of the game. Some of the more critical tasks you need to perform, such as shutting off the power or opening certain valves, involve doing time-sensitive stuff where that creepy alarm would go off and if you didn't complete those tasks in time, the whole house blows up and everyone dies. As a kid, lordy, those sequences made my heart race and nearly induced panic attacks. And heck, I couldn't out how to get a good ending out of that game until WAY later when I tried it again in my 20s.

These days, I think one of the things I'd be afraid of doing is deep-sea scuba diving. I'm sorry, but a LOT of freaky things live in the ocean and make it really clear they don't want us hanging around in there. And the deeper you go, the weirder it gets. No thanks. I sure don't blame Ariel one bit about her desire to get out of that scene. XD

12. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Foogle View Post
    LOL i actually have something like that ish

heights don't scare me a bit, but FALLING from a great height does. just the feeling, i don't actually get paranoid tho

wow then the lamp moth meme doesn't suit you then? i guess wasps and roaches spoop me tho
    yeah wasp and bees and such are another big one that gets me at times. My hearing being a little better than most I can hear the buzzing like its in my ear sometimes and it makes me flinch. I'd still rather never have to deal with them at all.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..