Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crushes

Crushes

the one thing that’s been on my mind for a few weeks now b/c oh lawd I’ve fallen into the trap that is having a crush and what better way to get it out of my system than rant about it (even tho some of y’all have heard it on discord already). I didn’t expect this to happen so soon after my last horror show of a relationship. But yes I have a crush on a coworker and it’s weird because I’ve had crushes on people before but never on someone I interact with constantly. But he’s super nice and seems to enjoy my company?

To top it off I’m extremely bad at gauging how people feel about me unless they’re super blunt about it. I also hate how gushy they make me feel but it’s not always a bad thing. I’m also never one to tell someone how I feel about them.

What about y’all? How do you feel about crushes and/or do you have a crush currently?

And to my aro friends ily you’re valid as heck.

2. This post has been liked by:

Naww roo! That's cute. c:

Since I've started my new job I've had the biggest crush on one of my coworkers and literally the first time I saw her it was like a beam of light shone down on her and my jaw just dropped because she's stunning and I couldn't speak and I ran away to play with the office puppy. I'm normally pretty good at hiding how I feel about crushes and, ya know, talking to them, but wow, oh my god, not with this one. xD It took me weeks to be able to talk to her properly which probably made me seem standoffish and rude ahaha. But she's freaking gorgeous and a little intimidating but also the sweetest human ever. And also, kinda eccentric! Which is so endearing to me! xD

I totally get what you mean by you hate how gushy they made you feel. Totally the same. On one hand it's sweet and nice because you feel warm and fuzzy, but then it's also like you want to vomit in your own mouth because of how corny and lame you sound talking about them. XD But it's the best when you can just be friends and make it feel casual and just like an extra layer, especially with coworkers which is generally a smart idea to avoid haha. My best advice would be don't get too invested, but don't close yourself off either. :)

Also how I feel about friend crushes! xD When you like, have a platonic crush on someone. Happens to me sometimes but it's just as warm and fuzzy and nice!

4. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

In my highschool diary I wrote
    "Crushes are like farts;
    If they don't pass silently I'm really embarrassed."
    X"D

Thanks for that gem of wisdom, teenage self!

But nah, I'm a big fan of having crushes and finding out about peoples crushes, and encouraging action or reciprocating, or even getting shot down! Being told "I'd rather date a tree!" Makes a really good story, and I will get over any crush rejection eventually.

I'm the opposite of roo! I like to tell people how I feel about them! What a rush! Such adrenalin! I'm not always very good at articulating it, but at that point of seriously crushing I just write flippin' poppy love songs about them or write poems or some other corny artistic thing. Maybe I'm a little bit like Suicune too- I get friend crushes and want to take people out to do things with me, or find or make them little gifts. Its just fun and nice.

At the moment, I have a big love for someone and a few sort-of orbital small crushes on various people around me. I think I'm a little older and wiser now, because I realise it can cause people distress, confusion, or make them think I want something serious if I admit my crushes to them. So, I find it's just a nice warm little glow I can feel in my interactions with my crushes, and I try not to blow on any coals to light up anything more than that.

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    In my highschool diary I wrote
    "Crushes are like farts;
    If they don't pass silently I'm really embarrassed."
    X"D
    Holy crap that is amazing. XDD

But nah, I'm a big fan of having crushes and finding out about peoples crushes, and encouraging action or reciprocating, or even getting shot down! Being told "I'd rather date a tree!" Makes a really good story, and I will get over any crush rejection eventually.

I'm the opposite of roo! I like to tell people how I feel about them! What a rush! Such adrenalin! I'm not always very good at articulating it, but at that point of seriously crushing I just write flippin' poppy love songs about them or write poems or some other corny artistic thing. Maybe I'm a little bit like Suicune too- I get friend crushes and want to take people out to do things with me, or find or make them little gifts. Its just fun and nice.

At the moment, I have a big love for someone and a few sort-of orbital small crushes on various people around me. I think I'm a little older and wiser now, because I realise it can cause people distress, confusion, or make them think I want something serious if I admit my crushes to them. So, I find it's just a nice warm little glow I can feel in my interactions with my crushes, and I try not to blow on any coals to light up anything more than that.
    Aw that sounds adorable! I like that. I feel like I haven't been in enough situations where I've had the opportunity to be like "HEY I LIKE YOU" because it just hasn't really come up. I'd like to think I would if it actually seemed feasible. Unlike my office crush who is like 13 years older than me and super professional and way way way out of my league. XD In that case it's very much a case of "Xanthe just sit down and smile." XD

Please, please tell us the story about someone who would rather date a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Aw that sounds adorable! I like that. I feel like I haven't been in enough situations where I've had the opportunity to be like "HEY I LIKE YOU" because it just hasn't really come up. I'd like to think I would if it actually seemed feasible. Unlike my office crush who is like 13 years older than me and super professional and way way way out of my league. XD In that case it's very much a case of "Xanthe just sit down and smile." XD

Please, please tell us the story about someone who would rather date a tree.
    Your office crush sounds like the beginning of a Korean drama/rom-com series! There are always suits, offices, and awkward scenarios in those, I swear.

So, the tree story...
    I was 15 and my class had water polo with another class for a whole term. We would walk down to the local swimming pool during lunch. I'd walk with my friend crew, which included Jasper, a guy who I thought was so cool and attractive. He was bold, and loud, and died his hair black, had a piercing and he could skateboard (omg so cool!). My metalhead gal friend, an emo offsider, and another nerdy boy from my maths class were all around lounging in the pool. My metalhead friend poked me to go talk to Jasper, so I did.
    "You're really cool and I like you!" I said, long wet hair stuck down over my forehead. My swim shirt, board shorts and hairy legs were a bit of a contrast to the other girls in my class who could wear bikinis and still had dry hair somehow.
    He looked me up and down and rolled his eyes.
    "I'd rather date a tree" He laughed at me and walked away.
    METALHEAD FRIEND LAUGHED
    I sunk underwater and had a cry, and asked the rest of the crew why a tree was better than me.
    "Maybe hes a hippie?"
    "You're way more interesting, and more flexible!"
    "What if you go get some twigs and leaves in your hair and go ask him again when you're more like a tree?"
    The nerdy guy said Jasper was a loser, and offered to walk me home, and I sobbed
    "No! I dont want you to make fun of me more! Or the person I liked! Im humiliated enough!"

... in retrospect, I think he actually wanted to comfort me and make me laugh? but his jokes were just too mean when I felt vulnerable.

ANYWAY FROM THAT POINT ON TREES BECAME MY MAIN ROMANTIC COMPETITOR SO I STEPPED UP MY GAME

9. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Crushes are BAD for me. I try to get rid of them whenever they come up.

It really sucks. I want them to work, but they always end up bad for me no matter what. I'm not really meant for anything related to love, which is unfortunate because I get these feelings a lot. I wish I was meant for it. You have no idea how torturous it is to get this feeling you want to let out, while knowing if you act on it you will be depressed for years to come.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Crushes are BAD for me. I try to get rid of them whenever they come up.

It really sucks. I want them to work, but they always end up bad for me no matter what. I'm not really meant for anything related to love, which is unfortunate because I get these feelings a lot. I wish I was meant for it. You have no idea how torturous it is to get this feeling you want to let out, while knowing if you act on it you will be depressed for years to come.
    That's awfully self deprecating D:
    Everyone deserves love- especially if you feel love a lot!
    I dont know your history, but even if you HAVE history, i've seen three couples over 50 get married this year, so I'm sure it'll never be too late for anyone.

Is there a way to change your approach so that you dont end up "depressed for years" if you engage in warm n fuzzy feels?

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    That's awfully self deprecating D:
    Everyone deserves love- especially if you feel love a lot!
    I dont know your history, but even if you HAVE history, i've seen three couples over 50 get married this year, so I'm sure it'll never be too late for anyone.

Is there a way to change your approach so that you dont end up "depressed for years" if you engage in warm n fuzzy feels?
    Sorry, I think I confused you a bit.

I didn't mean I don't deserve love; I meant that more like it's unhealthy for me to love.

And by late, I meant I've already been harmed by crushes.

Sorry for the misunderstandings!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I have a crush currently, have for about a year and a half. We're kinda moving into a relationship but we're taking it slow since it's a long distance thing.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

As great as it may feel with another. Long distance can be really tough. Especially whether the other may even want it. So I wish you the best in that and hope it'll work out for you, Noble.

Lately I haven't really pursued any much less had any. Then again I haven't really been pressing or pushing on it.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..