Thread: Should i shiny hunt for Chimchar or Turtwig in Platinum?

Get on the floor and JAM!! The Foogle's Avatar

Should i shiny hunt for Chimchar or Turtwig in Platinum?

Oi everyone

I'm currently shiny hunting in my Platinum for Chimchar, i'm like 650 encounters so far but i'm starting to have second thoughts... again. (YES i've tried doing this hunt in the past MULTIPLE times but no fruitful results)

Should i keep going on Chimchar or should i just give up and go for Turtwig?

@The Foogle Since it's a 1/8192 shiny hunt (regardless of whether you soft reset for Chimchar or Turtwig), I can't say that you're being unlucky if you have only done 650 soft resets. So, you could either soft reset for Chimchar or Turtwig (or both, if you have enough patience). None of these options will improve the odds.
    The only way to shiny hunt Chimchar/Turtwig in Platinum with better odds is the Masuda method. You could try that, if you have a foreign Pokemon. Or, if you decide to shiny hunt Chimchar/Turtwig in another game, there may be other options depending on the game.
    Good luck, regardless of your choice. :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D

@Cleobel i know about the odds but 00f i'm getting a bit tired of seeing normal chimchar's backside like 500 times. Wait if i did both would it be like 1,000 sr's on chimchar and alternate to 1,000 on turtwig and repeat that process? No i don't have a foreign pokemon in my Platinum so masuda method's out...

Shiny chimchar/turtwig wouldn't really be a prime choice since they'd just be sitting there cuz i'd never use them 00f

@Cleobel i know about the odds but 00f i'm getting a bit tired of seeing normal chimchar's backside like 500 times. Wait if i did both would it be like 1,000 sr's on chimchar and alternate to 1,000 on turtwig and repeat that process? No i don't have a foreign pokemon in my Platinum so masuda method's out...

Shiny chimchar/turtwig wouldn't really be a prime choice since they'd just be sitting there cuz i'd never use them 00f

@The Foogle Yes, you could also alternate between Chimchar and Turtwig. Good luck! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to N7 for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D
    Part of the Sinjoh Duo with N7! :D