Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Trailer is up!

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    But if Chairman Rose is the real bad guy, then where does that leave Marnie and Team Yell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    I just think Team Yell are going to be the comic relief goofballs who are seen as more of a nuisance than anything. Personally, I don't think Marnie likes them all that much, but that's a complete guess on my part; she didn't really seem to be revelling in the fact she had a fandom. Maybe she just cares about battling and doing well in that? I've got no idea, I'm purely guessing. XD
    Yeah, Team Yell seem to be too pathetic to be the main threat. Even more pathetic than Team Skull, which at least had Plumeria and Guzma to make up for the lack of menace and were also secretly serving as the muscle to the Aether Foundation. Team Yell by contrast doesn't seem to have a threatening leader (though to be fair, they haven't been revealed, so we could still get some menace into these guys) and seems to lack a connection to Chairman Rose, which strongly suggests that Team Yell will not serve as main antagonists. The official website also mentions that Marnie can get Team Yell to stop their obnoxious antics, and translations of her dialogue strongly suggests that she doesn't like them harassing her opponents, so this means Team Yell will likely become good guys by the end and learn to be fans who are supportive without being toxic.

2. This post has been liked by:

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Yeah, Team Yell seem to be too pathetic to be the main threat. Even more pathetic than Team Skull, which at least had Plumeria and Guzma to make up for the lack of menace and were also secretly serving as the muscle to the Aether Foundation. Team Yell by contrast doesn't seem to have a threatening leader (though to be fair, they haven't been revealed, so we could still get some menace into these guys) and seems to lack a connection to Chairman Rose, which strongly suggests that Team Yell will not serve as main antagonists. The official website also mentions that Marnie can get Team Yell to stop their obnoxious antics, and translations of her dialogue strongly suggests that she doesn't like them harassing her opponents, so this means Team Yell will likely become good guys by the end and learn to be fans who are supportive without being toxic.
    Oh yeah I can definitely see them becoming reformed in some way near the end of the game as the real threat steps up. Like you said, they're even less intimidating than Team Skull, though to be honest I'm alright with more comedic teams as long as we get a real threat to go with it.

Something I saw on Reddit showed that Team Yell have a logo on their outfits (I think it's some kind of badge, or at least silvery-looking) that closely matches the logo of a company offering Poké Jobs. That has some interesting possibilities, and I hope there is a connection there and it's something we get to see unfold in the story. :)

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquaza View Post
    Oh yeah I can definitely see them becoming reformed in some way near the end of the game as the real threat steps up. Like you said, they're even less intimidating than Team Skull, though to be honest I'm alright with more comedic teams as long as we get a real threat to go with it.

Something I saw on Reddit showed that Team Yell have a logo on their outfits (I think it's some kind of badge, or at least silvery-looking) that closely matches the logo of a company offering Poké Jobs. That has some interesting possibilities, and I hope there is a connection there and it's something we get to see unfold in the story. :)
    I think that might just be the symbol of the company that is endorsing Marnie, since Team Yell are their fans they'd obviously also want to bring publicity to the people endorsing their idol.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I think that might just be the symbol of the company that is endorsing Marnie, since Team Yell are their fans they'd obviously also want to bring publicity to the people endorsing their idol.
    I hope it's more interesting than that though, that's a bit too plain for my liking. But it's a Pokémon game, they're not exactly known for their complexity. :/

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Another trailer, which reveals a couple of new moves, Abilities, and held items.

Senior Moderator

Seeing the trailer upon release in person was truly awesome. Hearing all the reactions was incredible! I feel these new moves and abilities will change up the battle style pretty strongly. Can't wait to see what comes up next!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..