Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which game(s) are you getting?

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I'm still leaning on Shield. I like the version exclusives of Shield better, and since this is the first time that I like both version Legendaries equally (and I barely ever even use Legendaries in my playthroughs to begin with), they will not be a factor in my final decision.

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'm definitely getting sword. Ponyta makes a strong argument but my heart was set the instant I saw a wolf with a sword. Zacian's going to be AWESOME.
    I won't deny, giving up Zacian is a hard tradeoff to consider, because wolf + sword is 100% badass. My only thing with Zamazenta is that while looking cool as well, having your face be a shield... I dunno. A shield is meant to take the hits for you, but if your face is part of it, doesn't that kind of... well, defeat the purpose? :P

Zacian and Zamazenta both look really cool, though. I can confidently say these are two legendaries that I can get behind.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I won't deny, giving up Zacian is a hard tradeoff to consider, because wolf + sword is 100% badass. My only thing with Zamazenta is that while looking cool as well, having your face be a shield... I dunno. A shield is meant to take the hits for you, but if your face is part of it, doesn't that kind of... well, defeat the purpose? :P
    Well, considering that even real life has had several examples of animals whose main method of defense is armoring their their faces (see: every ceratopsian dinosaur), this clearly can't be that awful of a defense mechanism.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

Zacian and Zamazenta both look really cool, though. I can confidently say these are two legendaries that I can get behind.
    Zamazenta's design is cool but not enough for me to trade off Zacian for it. And I can just have a friend breed my a ponyta so win win.
    /// /
    Icon by the lovely Earthtonequeen
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I preordered Shield!

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu View Post
    I preordered Shield!
    Same here

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I didn't get either cause I wasn't (and still am not) sold on it. -shrug-

Went with Sword. Swords are offensive and there’s a wolf, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    I didn't get either cause I wasn't (and still am not) sold on it. -shrug-
    Why not?

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    Went with Sword. Swords are offensive and there’s a wolf, so why not?

Why not?
    Dynamax is an awful gimmick, can't turn off the EXP share, Pokemon catch levels are gated, breeding is more redundant thanks to all the items. And more. xD

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    Dynamax is an awful gimmick, can't turn off the EXP share, Pokemon catch levels are gated, breeding is more redundant thanks to all the items. And more. xD
    Yeah, Dynamax is definitely not going to return in future games. It's fun for a little while, but it quickly gets stale.

EXP share, yeah I don't know why they forced it. To me, it's not terrible, but I'm with you, I think it should be optional.

As for Pokemon catch levels, I can kind of understand that, but the gates get dropped as you get more badges, so it works out. I think it's intended that you don't go nuts in the Wild Area and start working your way up toward catching level 50s and 60s when you first arrive.

And for breeding, yeah, I haven't even bothered with that component, yet.