It’s Tuesday which means it’s time for Crossroads Comics!

This week we’re taking a look at Fallen Flowers. I just recently discovered this comic and binged the whole thing over the course of a few hours. Fallen Flowers is an Undertale fan comic, but with a unique and much darker take on the story we all know and love. As fans of Undertale will recall, when the mages sealed Monster kind under Mt. Ebott, it was determined that seven human souls were needed to break the barrier. Well, in the world of Fallen Flowers, the mages decided to add a little extra insurance to prevent this from happening. Human souls could pass through the barrier, but human forms may not. The humans that fell through all took the forms of Monster kind, even showing an aptitude to use magic, with the stipulation that if they remained underground for too long, they would not longer be human.
What appears to be a minor change to the original tale quickly unfolds into a whole new story of betrayal, the apocalypse, and desperation. Characters like Toriel, Papyrus, and Grillby all get a fresh coat of paint in this new world that has a much darker tone than the game it is inspired by. The art in this comic also looks gorgeous, with each character reinterpretation looking better than the last. The story may only be three chapters along, but it has quickly hooked me and I hope to see where it goes from here.
The author is Tarableart. Thus far, it appears this is their first webcomic to post on Smackjeeves. They also have a Tumblr and Deviantart where you can see some of their other works. And if you’re sold on their art style, they also have their commissions open! So be sure to give them lots of love for their great work.
Crossroads Comics
Shinka: The Last Eevee Pretty interesting worldbuilding we got going on here.
Smackjeeves Comics
Clockwork Unova Will the journey be worth it to save Unova?
Fallen Flowers Oh what is this hidden civilization we seem to have stumbled upon.
Fault Lines They’ve hidden themselves too well, it seems.
Floating On So Seals don’t like trees. Good to know.
Moképon A hefty betrayal.
Pokémon: Legends of Shadows Uh oh he dropped the TM!
PMD: Mitigation Something’s crawling through the ducts! What is it?
Slumber Town I wonder what this game is.
The Life of Alexis Perkins Kind of an aggressive response but at least he seems to be not be a bad guy.
Deviantart Comics
Acceptance It’s the little junior’s time to shine!
AETHER The perspective on this page is so cool.
Golden Sun Will he be able to stand up on his own in this fight?
Jet’s Black Nuzlocke The ritual is about to begin.
PMD: Team Aquablaze Hopefully everyone’s alright.
Stupid Short Eevee Comic Hm… seems fair to me.
The Stars Shine Bright And the truth finally comes to light!
TricksyWizard The next installment of Mazes and Muppets!
Yet Another PMD Comic Yeah the shades do make him stand out a bit more don’t they?
Off-site Comics
A Tale of Two Rulers The dialogue in this comic always makes me giggle.
Beck’s Comics Ice cream is always worth screaming for.
Dumb RWBY I mean I guess if you’re immortal pick the hottest hunk you can.
Let’s Play This time it’s animated!
Lil Char and the Gang It’s a ghost!
Pixie and Brutus & Stuffed The cutest collaboration of the century!
Randowis This is an eternal mood.
Stutterhug Will it work?
What’s Up Beanie Me all the time.
The post Crossroads Comics #76-Hidden Cities appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.