Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

But Who Are The Stalkers?

I'm not on the discord, so maybe you guys are way ahead of me on this. Feel free to post here and update me with suspicions, hunches, and clues. I'll include them in the appropriate posts.

Repose
    "Repose, the fluid parasite. Yeah, gross, I know. Sucks the life out of its victims, or more specifically, the moisture. Captures them, probably...ties them down or something, then drains all moisture until they're dry, cracked husks of their former selves. Mummified afterwards just to top it all off. Bodies are just left in random locations."

Current Suspects: Vex the Decidueye??? A little weird, but a hunch I have.
    Kaskin the Croagunk seems like a much more likely suspect.

On Night 1, Bizzie the Cutiefly (unquestioned) was murdered at the Valley Wellness Centre border.

Victim Profile:
    Spoiler:
    Bizzie the Cutiefly

Related Pokemon:
    26. Balene the Cottonee ♀ [D] <Mistee's Interview>
    Eclipse the Houndour
    Timpani the Kirlia

Related Locations:
    (34) Bizzie's Fruit Farm - the Wounded yungoose was found and rescued here. A Corruption's Eye was found and purified here, revealing the Rod of Light.
    (34a) Bizzie’s and Balene’s House
    Cup of Pus was found here.

(7) Berry House - The Berry House is a juice bar and a buying place for berries. Bizzie's mate, Balene the cottonee, runs the shop.
    <UNSEARCHED>
    (7a) Storehouse <UNSEARCHED>

The Autopsy (why was the dry body wrapped in bandages?)
    A [Large Tooth] was lodged in the back of the cadaver.

Crime Scene
    Spoiler:
    (42) Valley Wellness Centre is interesting because that's where the Iron Maiden was found and the Infernal Spear pulled from it.

The Wellness Centre is a hub with a lot of Pokemon who do visit or used to visit it. Eclipse the Houndour names off:
    --Vex the Decidueye (1)(2) (possibly apathetic? Gave =Coded Passage=)
    After Trinket was killed by Stalkers, his best friend Vex assumed the role of maintaining (29) Trinket Tower.
    After Jeek and Zundy left the valley, Vex and Fjord the Fraxure (Unquestioned) partnered up to keep the (50) Jeek and Zundy Leisure Centre (1)(2) running.
    --Imeida the Kangaskhan (found under the control of the Medallion of the Baleful. After two fights and an interview, suspects something is fishy with her friend Kannari the Rhydon (Forge teacher and blacksmith of (3) Disaster Defence.)

Timpani only specifically mentions Vex again, and Golly the Golurk, comparing the amount of rent they charge.

At the crime scene, the =Torment Scrawling= was found on a nearby crumbling wall, text facing away from the cadaver. It reads, "Maybe you will remember me NOW" the lettering is sharp and jagged.

Suspect Profile: Kaskin
    Spoiler:
    35. Kaskin the Croagunk (Medicine Perk) (1) (2)

Related Locations:
    (12) Kaskin's House <UNSEARCHED>
    (38) Black Dart Apothecary

Repose has committed only one murder since the Emissaries arrived, and the victim was found wrapped in bandages. This obviously implies a medical bend to the killer, since bandages would do little to heal the Stalkers' damage. A [Gauze Roll] was found in a cabinet at Black Dart Apothecary, though it is not unexpected to find medical supplies in such a place.

Repose is known to drain its victims of fluid. In both exchanges with Kaskin, he has offered cups of tea to the Emissaries. In fact, he pushes the tea. This is highly coincidental, and is likely a personality quirk. However, it could be relevant.

Kaskin, Salvage Keep’s local healer, is a croagunk determined to prove that Poison-types can treat injured pokémon just as effectively as anyone else, despite their toxic reputation.
    The description for Kaskin implies he is bitter about the distrust he's received from others due to his type and profession.

"There are many who do not trust me solely because I possess two types commonly perceived as only useful for harming others. They are simpletons, but it is not their fault that they have been brainwashed with stereotypes. They are only at fault if they persist with their views upon gaining exposure and knowledge that combats them." The way he speaks on this topic makes you think that he has said this many times, and the response comes naturally to him now. "However, everyone here in Salvage Keep knows me, and, I hope, trusts me and my knowledge. It's mostly the...individuals passing through who hesitate to put their life in my hands."
    Despite his cool attitude, his answer is a well-rehearsed one, and could hide resentment.

Repose left the body of a victim at Valley Wellness Centre, a business ostensibly dedicated to both physical and mental health. If Kaskin had any strife with Eclipse the Houndour or Timpani the Kirlia, he might seek to strike out at them.

At the Valley Wellness Centre crime scene, the message, "Maybe you will remember me NOW" was found scrawled on the wall. The lettering does not match Kaskin's writing sample. If Kaskin had any strife with Eclipse or Timpani, or any of their clients, he might feel bitter about being forgotten much in the same way Orin does, or even be upset about not being allowed to work at the Wellness Centre -- something like that.

Kaskin's interactions with Emissaries have followed the same pattern as the other key suspects, Orin and Marisha. At first, he is slow to speak, hesitant, then opens up with what he knows about the Stalkers. However, unlike Orin and Marisha, Kaskin did not give a list of Stalkers and leave one out.

Kaskin's =Care Package List= could be a hit list. (Noteworthy: Timpani is on this list as well.) However, the first Pokemon on the list to be killed by a Stalker, Urvanine the Nidorino, was killed by Netherfall, not Repose.
    Last edited by Truly; 09-10-2019 at 03:20 AM.

Epsilon
    Turns its victims into goo.
    The Strange Picross depicts Orin, and has the caption, "I know who Epsilon is."
    Also, Orin confessed to being Epsilon.
    Orin took it on, wanting revenge on Shilamora, but cannot kill her -- my hunch is it's because she's already goo.

Found in (1) Salvage Keep; (1a) Basement, in the =Note to Fikl= Frinotte the Girafarig (shopkeeper) expresses to Fikl the Snover her suspicion of Orin.
    In our Interview of Fikl, he says what we already know: Orin doesn't like Shilamora, but is otherwise not cruel.

In our Investigation of Orin, we learn that he does little of note on a day-to-day basis (which, to be fair, he's very old.) He is an apathetic loner with few friends.
    There, we also find =Orin's Diary Extract=
    Last edited by Truly; 09-09-2019 at 07:14 AM.

3. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

Abatis
    Uses sharps to impale its victims, sometimes with many implements.

Payload

Described by Orin as "the Stalker obsessed with demolitions." Victims are blown up by bombs, then packaged and "delivered to their loved ones."
    I suspect Dee'mang, who has lost his parents, is bullied at school, and possibly has an abusive foster parent. He has exhibited possibly violent tendencies, or at least an interest in some kind of gun-play.

SILCRESS the ZWEILIOUS was likely murdered by Payload at the Gate of (1) Salvage Keep

The Autopsy |

The Scene of the Crime
    Clues found:
    Search:
    - Black powder scattered
    - No traces of blood
    - Message carved into the ground reading "I BURIED MY SOUL IN THE BASIN."

Payload is apparently a joker. On Day 4, in Trinket Tower on (29b) Floors 3-4 (Apts. 21-40), Nicklefool triggered an explosion. and found =Payload's Condolences= which reads, "OOPS, fORGOT I Left thIs heRe" (note: it's unclear if the "I"s are capitalized or not.) The writing with large loops does not match, but is somewhat similar to the writing in =Dee'mang's Diary Entry= found in Salvage Theatre.

At (1d) Floor 5, Tower (Shilamora’s dwelling), On Day 4, Brass the Braixen found a box of remains, at the bottom of which was the [Rectangular Bomb].
    Last edited by Truly; 09-09-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Indulge
    "It stuffs its victims to the brim with food until they're so full that their sides split."

Shilamora

Glaring Spider

Terr's Delicacies

Remnashi the Lombre
    Last edited by Truly; 09-09-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Netherfall
    "Victims been turning up with no brains. Surgically removed. I don't know if that's the extent of its efforts, but...seems pretty lackluster if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if this thing was testing something on its subjects."

Suspects: Aliema the Helioptile Marisha the Flaaffy

Effantine reveals that "Aliema has been acting kind of strange lately" and is ditching macro-weeding to work with Marisha the Flaaffy.
    I think the hunch here is that because Marisha has the Repair perk, her tutelage of Aliema could leave the Helioptile with the skills to perform brain-replacements. Or, as indicated by Marisha's tutelage of Aliema, the Helioptile may have such a desire to construct robots, that Netherfall enticed her with great robot-for-brain-switching-skills.

Marisha Theory:
    During the questioning of Marisha, she said the following (emphasis mine):
    Since they've been here, folks'a been turnin' up...murdered. There's been some gruesome stuff. Folks turnin' up in boxes as...mush (Payload), folks bein' melted down into goo (Epsilon), stabbed to death with anything and everything pointy(Abatis)...hell, there's even been cases o' pokémon bein' stuffed full o' food till they explode (Indulge)! Some'a been skinned alive and left to rot (Gravemeld), then there's the other one...mummified or some'm (Repose). Ya know, it's all just so horrifyin'."
    This parallels Orin's explanation of the Stalkers during his first questioning, he listed off six Stalkers, but suspiciously left out the one that was possessing him, for fear of his own safety.
    Since all other clues about Netherfall thus far point in Marisha's direction, I think it's a pretty damning omission.

Also worth noting:
    Finichi the Garbodor, whose brain had been replaced with a robot, was found and fought at Marisha's "sanctuary," (the Vehicle Yard, currently Not Searched!) as well as the =Ripped Note= which, when pieced back together, reads:
    Is this wrong? Im pretty sure this is wrong.

I just mean.. working with a spirit. That's pretty weird, right? It seems friendly, but maybe Ill do something wrong and itll hurt me. Maybe thats all just uncertainty eating at my mind again.

Rationally, helping a deceased spirit move on is CRAZY. But...it is good to help those in need. Thats why Im in the business Im in! I want to help others. Normally I help the living, but this spirit was once living, right? I think, anyway. If I can help it move on to the next life then I can focus back on my work again.

Alright, its settled. Ill find a way to help the spirit!

[in another handwriting:] HELP
    Vex the Decidueye wants to open a bakery with Marisha, as noted in Nicklefool's conversation

Finichi the Garbodor was likely a victim of Netherfall.
    Last edited by Truly; 09-09-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Gravemeld
    "This one...skins its victims while they still live. Keeps them until they're breathing their last breath, then releases them onto the streets. Can't help but die of pain, shock or infection."

Suspects: Pakson the Crabominable, Golly the Golurk.

On Night 2, Urvanine the Nidorino (Unquestioned) was murdered outside the (24) Scholars Guild (sub-locations not searched!) by Gravemeld.

Victim's Profile:
    Spoiler:
    Related Pokemon:
    Kaskin the Croagunk (1) (2) asked Emissaries to deliver Antidepressants to Urvanine in the mission "Care Packages."

Golly the Golurk suspects someone from the Rusty Shine apartments is out to get him, because his Longstay Ranch is just so much nicer, right? *retch!*

Listed as Urvanine's neighbors at the Rusty Shine Apartments:
    8. Nakmor the Cranidos ♂ [N] <UNQUESTIONED>
    23. Aarul the Noibat ♀ [D/N] <UNQUESTIONED>
    24. Marisha the Flaaffy ♀ [D/N] Repair Perk <Neo's Interview>
    31. Meela-Tey the Armaldo ♀ [D/N] <UNQUESTIONED>
    32. Orolaph the Magby ♂ [D] <UNQUESTIONED>
    39. Effentine the Grookey ♀ [D] <Mistee's Interview> - Effentine mentioned that Aliema the Helioptile is ditching contracts (macro-weed extermination), possibly to work with Marisha the Flaaffy. Effentine also mentioned the =Threatening Graffiti= at the Rusty Shine Units, which reads, "GET ON MY NERVES AGAIN AND YOU DIE."
    47. Rallodin the Quilava ♂ [D] <UNQUESTIONED> (runs (8) General Supplies <UNSEARCHED>)
    54. Rachta the Tepig ♂ [D/N] <UNQUESTIONED>
    60. Lillosh the Sandygast ♀ [N] <UNQUESTIONED>
    65. Weikutt the Krokorok ♀ [N] <UNQUESTIONED>
    57. Pakson the Crabominable ♂ [D/N] <UNQUESTIONED> (allegedly owns the units at Rusty Shine Apartments)

Miyanta the Araquanid - "Urvanine was...my waiter. My only waiter. My previous one...Lachli...was also killed by the Stalkers. ... He didn't have enemies as far as I knew."

Related Locations:
    (43) Rusty Shine Apartments. (Exterior searched, sub-locations not searched!) According to Golly the Golurk, Urvanine lived in one of the units.

(46) The Glaring Spider. Urvanine's workplace. Indulge's =Granoly Recipe= was also found here.

Autopsy

Crime Scene
    (24) Scholars Guild (Exterior searched, sub-locations not searched!) - Knowledge is valuable to many people, and members of the Scholars Guild are all of that opinion. They regard information very highly, and study a range of topics, from history to technology.

Clues found: =Bloody Wall Declaration= which reads, "THE IMPOSTER HAS BEEN CAUGHT" the lettering appears to have been made with quick strokes.

Noteworthy is that both the autopsy and investigation particularly mention the smell of the crime scene. Golly also mentioned a smell coming from Pakson's units at Rusty Shine.
    Last edited by Truly; 09-09-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Just gonna save two posts here 'cause I think I might need em?

I'm probably gonna move all of these posts down by one and use the first post for explanations or something.

This thread is super helpful to me!

So, if it's not obvious already I think Yurtag the Palpitoed is Indulge- regardless of his actual personality, hes been turned down by literally every food joint in town, and by Shilamora too. I dont know if it matches up with the victims indulge has killed, but I figure as a chef who just wants to feed people, what could be a better corrupted wish than feeding people until they explode??

On the topic of Repose- I'm inclined to suspect our froggy medic friend. Firstly, he seemed to know very quickly the difference between the stalkers who captured Lillian, somehow correcting her when she got it wrong (and not offering that information in previous interviews) as well as having ample access to bandages? It's possibly a false lead, because I cant really see any motivation for it. BUT also, the town medic seems surprisingly bereft of friends, and obsessed with liquids (that is, tea). Having no other leads I'm inclined to suspect them just as much as I would suspect Vex.

Abatis!
    Firstly, medallions were given to Imeida by a LARGE cloaked pokemon. She can assume that means at least one stalker is a large pokemon. After that, she confesses that she's seem weird scratch marks on Kannaris table and the area gave her the creeps. Now... as far as I know we didn't actually find anything corrupted in Kannaris house yet. She DOES have that suspicious togepi poke-hole statue which requires a dagger to open (which she could surely do) and obviously she has an absolute abundance of pointy things, and enjoys her work. Maybe she enjoys it just a little too much?
    Again, I cant analyse a victim profile, but I just feel like yes, shes friendly, but maybe she made a deal with a devil /because/ shes friendly? On behalf of her friends? We'll have to wait until Abatis kills so we can read a message and see what's going on, unfortunately. Otherwise, it could be a multitude of pokemon we haven't interviewed or seen around.