A Brand New Evolution. It's...!

It’s the latest batch of news for Pokémon Sword & Shield!

Linoone aren’t the only regional exclusive evolutions anymore! Farfetch’d now also has an evolution, Sirfetch’d.
    Serebii Update: A new Pokémon has seemingly been revealed. Currently a “glitching” page has been released with this image. Details being added @ https://t.co/gDbXkIa6cr pic.twitter.com/FWk0KYphLS
    — Serebii.net (@SerebiiNet) September 13, 2019
    After being revealed as a glitch last Friday, fans were able to quickly figure out that this Pokémon was likely an evolution of Farfetch’d. When turning the image right side up, it became clear what this Pokémon truly was. It was also notable that the image had to be chased around the screen a bit before details were uncovered, similar to the Farfetch’d quest from Pokémon Gold and Silver.

Sirfetch’d is a fighting typing Pokémon with the ability Steadfast. It has a height of 2’07” and a weight of 257.9lbs. Only Farfecth’d that have survived many battles can attain this evolution.
    The Farfetch’d of the Galar region can evolve into Sirfetch’d after experiencing many battles. They are calm and collected, and they make a point of always battling fairly. They are so noble in battle that they are often chosen as a motif for paintings. Of particular note is a painting—famous in the Galar region—that depicts a duel between a Sirfetch’d and an Escavalier.
    Its leak also holds a great importance as its main weapon in battle.
    In battle, Sirfetch’d uses the sharp stalk of its leek as a lance and the thick leaves as a shield. It maintains this leek over the span of many years and treasures it more than anything. When its leek finally withers, Sirfetch’d will leave the battlefield and retire from battling entirely.
    Sirfetch’d also appears to have a signature move as well! It’s titled, Meteor Assault, and is a newly introduced move in Pokémon Sword & Shield! It appears this may have been the move briefly depicted in the trailer debuting Sirfetch’d.
    Meteor Assault is a new move introduced in these games that only Sirfetch’d can learn! Sirfetch’d points its leek at the opponent and charges toward them at great speed. This move is devastatingly powerful! However, it appears that the move also puts great strain on Sirfetch’d. It will be unable to take action immediately after using this move.
    Sirfetch’d is exclusive to Pokémon Sword, so it is unclear if Farfetch’d will receive two evolutions, with one exclusive to Pokémon Shield, or if another Pokémon will have a regional exclusive evolution.
    Either way, stay tuned, as we’re sure to see more of these cross generational evolution in the future!

The post Sirfetch’d is ready to battle! appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 09-18-2019 at 10:12 PM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Lychee 

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT
    SO STRONG
    SO PROUD
    SO LEEK

The Kingdom Aviary is looking good, with Corviknight and Sirfetchd so far ;D
    (...I wish I owned a switch ;_;)

Finally, he is here! Sadly I plan on getting Shield so I won't have access to him unless I trade.

It's now making me wonder what the shield Galarian evolution will be. A dunsparce evo maybe?
    I was also hoping for a flying/fighting type, weird that it goes from normal/flying to pure fighting, but regardless he looks great and looks like he will be strong.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

After all this time... it finally happened.

Looks great!

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

After 3000 years....

Nice to see Farfetch'd evolution finally not being so...far fetched.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Administrator

For sure it's about time to see this happen.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..