In the darkest time is when the light shines the brightest.
Things have been pretty tough for Pokemon and Game Freak for the last few months. This is mostly due to the criticism from negative fans about the news where not all Pokemon will be in Sword & Shield data. It is rumored that this criticism has started to hurt moral at Game Freak offices and now words has gotten out to the internet. Because of this, it has started a trend on Twitter called “#ThankYouGameFreak. Below is one of the earliest tweets from the trend.
I know my account is SMAAALL but, I wanna start a hashtag, can we get a #thankyougamefreak? Nobody is appreciating Sword and Shield and all the hard work put into it, so, please, please, if you see this, just say something you’re looking forward to or (1/2)
— Quinn or Imp – Commissions open 0/4 (@smithsalbum) November 8, 2019
From there, this tweet has been retweeted and inspired many people to thank Game Freak in an attempt to help raise the company spirits. Below we have picked a few good tweets from people thanking Game Freak for all their hard work on the Pokemon franchise.
A Jump Start for Thanks

I wanted to see if I could start a #ThankYouGameFreak trend. #ThankYouGamefreak for creating the games that got me through all the tough times in my childhood. I know times are rough, but there are still fans that love what you do. Spread if you appreciate what Gamefreak does.
— MysticUmbreon#GoldenDeer (@MysticUmbreon94) November 9, 2019
MysticUmbreon was one of the bigger Twitter accounts that got #ThankYouGameFreak trending. He decided to thank Game Freak for the countless hours of him enjoying Pokemon as a child. He and many others have used Pokemon as the bright spot in their tough childhood. After all, Pokemon is filled with many great things that can make us happy. From the victory of a tough battle to seeing your best friends.
Thank you for Art

Below are some of the many fans thanking Game Freak for inspiriting their artistic passions.
I basically owe my entire career to Pokemon. It’s through my realistic takes on Pokemon that basically every art director has found me. Who would have thought me drawing Pokemon as a kid living in a trailer would have led me to success some day. #ThankYouGameFreak pic.twitter.com/YZgQALpPz7
— RJ Palmer (@arvalis) November 9, 2019
RJ Palmer went from making fan art of realistic Pokemon to working on Detective Pikachu. It all started in a trailer and now he gets to work in art all thanks to Pokemon.
[INDENT]#ThankYouGameFreak for basically shaping up my childhood and fueling my passion for character design. I don’t know what my life would be without these loveable monsters. Thanks for all the great memories Game Freak!