Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince of all Saiyans. Prince Vegeta's Avatar

The Saiyan Prince's Art Thread, and Request Shop.

Alright this is going to be a “shop”. But the best kind of shop, a free one! And it will also be a place for me to just dump some stuff that I've done recently, get feedback, or just for amusement.
    I’m going to have some sub-rules, just so that I have a better hold on the rope. Trust me, I am not a strict person, lest you repeatedly pester me, and or break the sub-rules multiple times.

Sub-rules:
    Spoiler:

1. All PXR rules apply. (This is the reason these are called sub-rules!)
    2. I’m going to freelance it without forms, unless it starts to become too confusing and disorganized. (Tell me if it does seem that way, the sooner I get others’ opinions, the quicker I can fix it.)
    3. In regards to the requests: Please don’t rush me. As insaiyan as it may seem, I have a life, and it’s actually quite busy.
    4. If you want to comment on my stuff, feel free. Don’t be rude and or fully hateful about it.
    5. If the waiting list is full under something, please wait patiently for a spot to open up. Chances are, it’ll be open as soon as I get everything sorted out, and posted. (Which will be hopefully in less than a week’s wait)
    6. You can shoot me a PM or a VM if it’s been a week, and you want to know how your request is coming along. Don’t bug me about please, petranas, dōzo, bitte, por favor!

Gallery:
    Spoiler:
    Warning: Some of these may be old examples, and or other people’s characters from long ago. Do NOT use, without my permission. Thanks! Some of them are set as links, because they are too big to fully fit.
    Hand drawn
    Spoiler:

Pixel-overs:
    Spoiler:

Digital Drawings:
    Spoiler:
    Team Angel. (Request from a while back)

Shadow and Aura (Two of my Pokemon characters

Not all of these I did over break, but still, just more stuff added.
    My character, Yinvets. Originated from a drawing on my shoe. XD
    My wolf character, Eeon.

School Project. Dragon, Video is in the description. ;)
    Jeff the Killer drawing.

Sprites:
    Spoiler:

Not many, but I did figure out how to make them transparent with GIMP.... ˇ-ˇ It's sad, I know...
    Sort of a new character. I gave it a name, at least, Kyura.
    This because I've been watching Creepypasta related videos....

Other:

Request Area:
    Spoiler:
    I can do everything shown in the Gallery, just ask. But there’s some additional stuff I can do. More specified for Sprites though.
    Hand drawn:
    Spoiler:
    Depending on time, I might have to shoot a picture with either my phone or laptop, if not, it will be scanned.

~Wait List~

Pixel-Overs:
    Spoiler:
    These are going to be a bit more rare for me to do, considering they take so long, and I do like to do my own ones in my down time from time to time.

~Wait List~

Digital Drawings:
    Spoiler:
    I have a bit more time to do these, unless I leave my tablet at my house…. But I also try to be a perfectionist about it, so the more detail or specifications may limit my imagination, but will get it more accurate to what you want. (Picture references are best, but I can go off of written pretty well)

~Wait List~

Sprites:
    Spoiler:
    This is nearly limitless on how many people can get on-board, because I can do these anytime I can crack open my laptop, and have enough battery to use paint. If you want it transparent, it will take a bit longer, but feel free to ask!
    Extra examples:
    Spoiler:
    Lineless:
    Revamp:
    Basic Recolor: (Pokemon with the colors of another Pokemon)
    Pillowshade:
    Silohouette:
    Shadeless:
    Unpure:
    Trons: (Can be different colors)
    Ouline: (Can be different colors)
    Pencil: (Can be on “Construction paper”)
    Devamp: (Can be from any game)
    Hamsters:
    Eggs:
    Inverts:
    Inferno: (Can be flame colors, or other colors)
    Custom Recolor:
    Chaos: (Bases can be found here: Please specify which one.)
    Basic Fusion: (One Pokemon)
    Advanced Fusion: (Five Pokemon MAX)
    Albinoes:
    Darks:

~Waiting List~

Other:
    Spoiler:
    I can do Avatars, banners, character charts(See Gallery), quotes, and etc. that can be found in the “Other” section of the Gallery. ‘Cept for drawing on whiteboards, that was a one time thing that my Math teacher permitted quickly.

~Waiting List~

The Gallery may be updated at random, and if I don’t get around to announcing it, just check back, I have a terrible memory, and I like I said, I’m pretty busy outside of PXR.
    Last edited by Prince Vegeta; 01-02-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    "Being a good fiend is like being a photographer, you have to search for the right moment!" ~Vegeta
    Spoiler:

Oh my! Wonderful work you have here! I really love your pixel overs!!!

Could I perhaps get a hand drawn picture of a Lucario? Holding a two bones and in a fighting stance?

{my sig is a work in progress.} { My Gallery } {banner by XaiakuX eep thank you!}

@Ninaiso, I'll be able to try that while at school, or this weekend.

But I have finished one thing that I was working on.
    Spoiler:

It's for a secret Santa thing. It's a Pegasus-Liger hybrid.... That is his favorite animal... I have some weird classmates.
    "Being a good fiend is like being a photographer, you have to search for the right moment!" ~Vegeta
    Spoiler:

More random things I've been doing over break.

Sprites
    Spoiler:
    Not many, but I did figure out how to make them transparent with GIMP.... ˇ-ˇ It's sad, I know...
    Sort of a new character. I gave it a name, at least, Kyura.
    This because I've been watching Creepypasta related videos....

Digital art
    Spoiler:
    Not all of these I did over break, but still, just more stuff added.
    My character, Yinvets. Originated from a drawing on my shoe. XD
    My wolf character, Eeon.

School Project. Dragon, Video is in the description. ;)
    Jeff the Killer drawing.

Other
    Spoiler:
    Just a banner... Not much since I've been Role-playing more on Facebook and other sites.
    Spoiler:

What program do you use for your digital art?

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

I used to use for Corel Painter X, for my oldest stuff, but that only had a 30 day Free Trial. But for some of my newest things it's been in SAI, and I just recently got Corel X3 for my laptop.
    Spoiler:

I like all your stuff, especially the sprites. ^^ With the digital art, I reckon you could focus more on shading and take some risks about where to shade and such. I say that because I've see a similar shading style before in people who might be hesitant to add too much shading in case they mess it up. This is how I used to be too. xD But have no fear! Layers are your best friend. :] Do shading on new layers and you'll be safe. Play around with some and see how it works out. Take a look at an object around you and observe where the lighting and the shading is. It might help to try to draw it and then figure out how light sources work.

Some of your sprites show signs of the same shading issue. The dragon you made from a rayquaza sprite is cool, but its body at times curves too sharply and the scales are very straight. The underside also suddenly glitches to the other side of its body, as it's on the chest area where the chest is, and then rapidly changes to the other side of the body for the rest of the spite. Be careful, as consistency is important. Some of the colours used in other sprites look like default Paint colours; be careful not to use these on sprites, as they are far too vibrant and many experience spriters will advise against their use.

Keep it up. :D

~SF.

@Suicune, one my lateness in response is amazing, I usually never forget this easily about a thread and such. Second, The main reason my drawings don't have a lot of shading is because I never figured out how to do the multiple layer shading, because it never turns out right, and I just give up. and keep it to one layer... Yeah I know "n00b". Come at me!

And now for just a random dump of the very few things I've gotten accomplished.

Digital stuff.
    Spoiler:

A trace over cause I got bored.
    Something from a role-play...

Sprites.
    Spoiler:
    I don't actually have much for here.
    Remake of a hydra sprite.
    The sprite that the Pokemon drawing is based off of.

Work in progress.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Hey, I really like your sprite + digital art piece that you have to accompany it. What brushes do you use on SAI? Any brush packs you found online, or just what comes with it? I'm, unfortunately in the case of SAI, a mac user so I've been recently settling for photoshop paint but the same brushes can be used among the two programs. I always find it exciting to find new brushes to mess around with.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

I only have the brushes that come with SAI. I haven't look around for brushes, either because I forget or I'm busy doing other things. Lately it's just been major forget that I can add brushes from the internet.
    Spoiler: