Page 537 of 556 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5556

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#376 Metagross

my rating: 7
    Metagross is a bit of an odd-one-out in the franchise: aside from Tyranitar, it is the only pseudo-legendary to not be a Dragon-type, but since Tyranitar is reptilian anyway, that makes Metagross the only pseudo-legend to not be a reptile to some extent. Metagross is also the only pseudo-legendary to be introduced alongside another pseudo; Salamence, which may or may not have overshadowed it a bit. Metagross is probably most well-known as the signature Pokemon of Steven Stone, and while not as terrifying to face as Cynthia's Garchomp or Lance's Dragonites, it packs a very nasty punch, especially if you're playing ORAS, since Steven will Mega Evolve it and grant it the Ability Tough Claws, which will power up its strikes even further. Metagross is overall a pretty cool Pokemon, though it admittedly isn't my favorite pseudo-legend.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

7/10

Used the shiny distribution one in my Omega Ruby nuzlocke. Definitely not a bad battler. I do find it hilarious how utterly useless its hidden ability is though. Light Metal is supposed to half the pokemon's weight, but with the way typing worked out for Metagross and its pre-evolutions, it for the most part actually causes metagross to take more damage in most cases than less.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I quite like them! :D I've never used them that much beyond using my friend's in her Pokemon Emerald in 2005, but yeah they're cool pokemon. 7.5/10.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    10/10

Listen. This is a genius walking supercomputer spider tank. What else could you want???
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

19/10

It is aaaalmost perfection

·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

Paired with Cleobel

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#794 Buzzwole

my rating: 5.5
    I'm still not really used to the UBs and probably never will be, but I will admit that this thing is freaking hilarious. Like, it's literally a buff mosquito! And it does Jojo poses literally every time it does anything! That kind of concept just can't not be funny.

Senior Moderator

Metagross rating: 9/10

Great design, good battle wise, all around greatness? yeah, I'd say this one gets a good stamp AND seal of approval. Both in one! I've carried one with me from a few battles and it helped push me through til the end. It's only downfall is it's weakness can brutally destroy it.

Buzzwole rating: 2.5/10

.....Okay I'm being generous here with this rating. I don't like it. Design is hilariously bad. Like it's an insect that went on a binge with tons of steroids and nonstop workouts. Like Brick from Borderlands and screams whenever it attacks. WITH PURE FISTS! While Brick is human and totally okay. This? No thanks. Plus to add to it it's an UB? Never liked them.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

2/10

Buzzwole is essentially an Iron Man four-legged faceless mosquito on steroids and as you probably guessed, I find that mash-up quite ridiculous. Its silly name doesn't get me all intimidated either.

But yeah, I'm in the camp of "UBs never should have been a thing." Still isn't as bad as Jynx or Mr Mime, but dang, it's like it tried its hardest.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

6/10

I think the UBs get a lot more hate than they’re due. People hate them for looking strange and outlandish when in reality that’s the point since they’re supposed to be aliens! And buzzwole not only has one of the funnier designs of the group, but being a mosquito it’s actually also referencing the tiger mosquito, a type of invasive species and the mosquito most well known for trafficking diseases like Zika and yellow fever. The fact that this UB is one of the first ones we witness invade Alola is a really neat reference to actual invasive species in the real world. Plus the mosquito cartoon that came out with this thing in it was absolutely hilarious.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    3/10

I actually LOVE the UBs. The problem I have with this guy (and pheramosa) is that the creators hedged their bets in the design. If you’re gonna make Eldritch abominations from another reality, go as hard as possible. Give me more Nihilego, more Xurkitree, more Kartana. If there’s an identifiable face, you’re doing it wrong.

More Eldritch horrors in Pokémon 2Know
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!