Page 596 of 597 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597 LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 5961

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

6.5/10

Oh holy Hannah, thanks, Arrow, now I finally get it! XD

I have to give it points for funny creative originality, but... eh, there's at least ten other dragon types I rather use instead. Not a bad little chap, even if a bit oddball.

2. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Sorry about the lack of activity in this thread lately. I've been busy and not feeling too good. Hopefully I can pick up the slack.

The Pokemon of the day is...

#876 Indeedee

my rating: 6
    Indeedee is kind of the Audino/Chansey of this Generation, being a cute "helper" Pokemon, and this one even looks like a buttler (f male) or maid (if female). The gender differences also call Meowstic to mind, and these two go as far as to have different stat distributions, with the males being more offensive and the females being more defensive. It's a pretty neat design, but not one I'm particularly crazy about.

Administrator

7/10

Yeah, I was getting Meowstic vibes from this one, also. Going purely off of design since I really haven't seen these used in battle yet, they're not bad, but certain design choices might have made them more appealing. Waistline seems odd for their size and so does the hairdo, but they're not show-stoppers.

Still feel this is one Pokemon species that will likely fade into obscurity rather than have all kinds of plushies and cosplays made for them.

Senior Moderator

6/10

Yeah I got Meowstic vibes from these too. Had a very "maid and butler" look to them. Overall didn't hit too well with me, but weren't all in all bad.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

#870 Falinks

my rating: 7
    Falinks is one of Gen 8's fan-favorites, and it's not hard to see why, as it's made up of adorable little critters that wouldn't look out of place in a Kirby game. Of course, the fact that Falinks is made up of several highly coordinated individuals instead of being just one being has had people pretty confused about how is it that all of them fit into one Pokeball or how they function. Of course, this isn't the first time that we've had a Pokemon made up of multiple individuals (Exeggcute is an example, as are Magneton and Dugtrio, though in the case of the latter two you could make the argument that they're fused together and thus don't really count as individuals anymore), but it is the first time we've seen this in a long time. I personally find it pretty charming but I can see how someone might find it off-putting.

#877 Morpeko

my rating: 6.8
    Who would have thought that our very first Electric/Dark-type in the game would wound up being a Pikaclone of all things? I mean, I'm not complaining; ever since they started making these things dual-typed they for the most part became far more interesting and were allowed to stand out a little more from Pikachu. This one also has a funny gimmick in that it will switch between a "full belly" mode and a hilariously named "hangry" mode at the end of each turn, though this Ability is basically useless unless it has Aura Wheel, which changes type from Electric to Dark depending on Morpeko's mode, which can actually allow for some interesting combos and let Morpeko play mind games with its opponents. It also has the side-effect of raising its speed after every successful use, so that's another neat bonus. Oh, and it's also one of Marnie's signature mons, so there's also that. All in all, not my favorite new Pokemon, but I think it's a strong candidate for my favorite Pikaclone (if we exclude Mimikyu from that category).

Administrator

4.5/10

Eh, can't say I'm a big fan and Morpeko kind of fell in as my least favorite of the electric rodents. Given, it's not awful, but something about it just doesn't fit well with all the others in the pack. I feel like these traits and the switch gimmick might have worked better for a Pokemon not really associated with the electric rodent family.

The white dot in the middle of its eyes also seems oddly placed. For all the other electric rodents, usually it's up in the corner to imply light reflection, which makes this a bizarre deviation from the norm. Just not crazy about it.

#830 Eldegoss

my rating: 5
    Not anywhere near as good as fellow cotton Pokemon Whimsicott, but Eldegoss is still a fairly competent design. It's also interesting that its evolutionary line has a "young woman to elder" theme, though I also feel it would be more complete if it was a three-stage line with either a "child" form or a "middle-aged woman" from, idk. Also Eldegoos and its pre-evo Gossifleur are basically Professor Magnolia and Sonia respectively as Pokemon.

Administrator

6.5/10

Not sure why, but I kind of like it. Still like Whimsicott better and Whimsicott is probably more better built for battling, but it looks like an interesting Pokemon to work with.

#810, #811, and #812; the Grookey line

my rating: 5.5
    To celebrate my birthday, we're going to look at the latest batch of starters staring today with the Grass option. I will get the bad out of the way as fast as possible: this batch of starters is easily my least favorite so far. I don't dislike them and they have grown on me for reasons we'll get to later, but I find some aspects of their designs off-putting and overall they all come across as rather bland. Grookey and its evolutions are decent enough if you're into primates, but speaking as someone who isn't a primate person they just don't do anything for me, and honestly I feel that Rillabom's concept of "gorilla drummer of a rock band" should be way cooler than what we ended up getting. But with the negatives out of the way, let's get into the positives: Grookey is admittedly pretty cute, and I found myself respecting Rillaboom a lot more after the one Leon used against me (I picked Sobble) managed to defeat my Centiskorch. There's also this adorable thing they did in the end credits where there's this all-Pokemon band made up of Obstagoon as the singer, two Toxtricity as the guitarrist and the bassist, and a Rillaboom as the drummer and I found the whole deal to be the sweetest thing ever.