Page 510 of 511 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511 LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5109

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

4/10
    I love the whole "anteater evolved (in the traditional sense) fire powers to murder their steel prey" concept, but I don't like either of these pokemon as individuals.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#028 Sandslash

my rating: 7.5 (both forms)
    I like this little pangolin/shrew thing. It's adorable. Not as adorable as its pre-evolved form, but still plenty cute. It's also one of several Pokemon that got a regional variant, which I really like since this guy really needed some attention. It's variant is the unique type combo of Ice/Steel, which does grant it two rather horrible X4 weaknesses, but it also comes with a cool new Ability in Slush Rush, which mitigates the rather low speed.

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

Eep, always loved sandslash for some reason. I just think their design is really cool and despite the spikiness, I could imagine patting one would be adorable. I love the Alolan form as well. I really like when alternate forms are a contrast to their original forms, and I think they nailed the ice type design.

I've never actually used one on any of my teams though. XD 8/10!

Double agents with Noblejanobii

#650 Chespin

my rating: 7
    Chespin is more or less a Grass-type Oshawott, and as a result it's pretty cute. Chespin and its line are probably my least favorite of the Kalos Starters, but here "least favorite" simply means "I like it a tiny bit less than Fennekin and Forakie". A good paladin hedgehog.

#001 Bulbasaur

First Pokemon in the Pokedex until Victini came along, first of the Original Starters, and for a very long time the only Starter to start off with a dual type. Bulbasaur is, simply put, iconic. Maybe it's a little overshadowed by Squirtle and especially Charmander once they all reach their final forms, but Bulbasaur has plenty of things over its brethren, such as having the best matchups in the early game, as it's not until Sabrina that it will encounter a Gym with a clear weakness against it, and by then you should already have assembled a team to cover for that. Bulbasaur's final form Venusaur was also competitively the best of the three OG Starters until gen 6 introduced Megas and leveled the playing field, though even then it still has the best base form. Also Let's go Pikachu and Eevee confirm that it and not Charmander was Red's chosen Starter, so good on you Red, for giving the hero role to the underdog. I personally always liked the Kanto Starters about equally, anyway, so I never really got why Bulbasaur and its evolutions were less popular than their Water and Fire counterparts.

6. This post has been liked by:

I give @Bulbasaur a 9/10. He's pretty cool, but not really cool enough to be perfect, you know?

Certified Fortnite Dance Instructor Bulbasaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post

#001 Bulbasaur

??????????????????????

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    ??????????????????????
    Hey 7 out of 10 is pretty high :P

#469 Yanmega

Yanmega is one of several evolutions Gen 4 gave to Pokemon of previous gens that needed a boost, and in this dragonfly's case, it was a much welcomed one, given how weak Yanma was previously. Yanmega predictably has the stats of a sweeper, hitting its targets fast and hard, and depending on what Ability you choose for it you can either get much faster than anything barring priority or Trick Room (Speed Boost) or make it harder for foes to wall you (Tinted Lens). It's a very solid bug.

Certified Fortnite Dance Instructor Bulbasaur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Hey 7 out of 10 is pretty high :P
    I'll remember this when Jolteon comes around. >:[

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links