Page 556 of 556 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556
Results 5,551 to 5,554 of 5554

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

6.5/10

Sure wouldn't ever try battling with this thing, but it gets points just for jokes and all those glorious memes.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#449 Hippopotas

my rating: 6
    Hippopotas is a funny-looking little hippo that follows Gamefreak's strange but creative tradition of turning aquatic or semi-aquatic animals into sand-dwellers, presumably with the logic that these guys swim in sand. Hippopotas is a very cartoony take on a hippo, in stark contrast to its evolved form that also perfectly captures why hippos are such fearsome and dangerous animals in real life. Hippopotas's snout is the feature I find most charming about it due to its resemblance to a Moomin nose. It's a decent mon.

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I do find them quite cute. c: I also like the camo pattern! 6.5/10

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#049 Venomoth

my rating: 6.5
    Venomoth is one of those Pokemon whose battling capabilities have substantially improved with the passing Generations; Gen 2 brought it a strong STAB in Sludge Bomb, Gen 3 brought it usable Bug-type moves, Gen 4 brought it the physical/special split and Tinted Lens (which allowed it to bypass its type coverage problems), and Gen 5 brought it Quiver Dance. Of course, power creep does mean that Venomoth will likely never be high-tier, but when you look back at how awful it was in Gen 1, it's great to see it come so far. Probably the most famous Venomoth moments are its implied connection to the Butterfree family (it is rumored that Venomoth's current design was actually originally meant for Butterfree and vice-versa, but they got swapped at some point due to programers wanting kids to have access to the "cuter" option sooner), and the Venomoth used by Twitch in TPP which was able to defeat Lance's Dragonite at the League due to the AI in Gen 1 games being programmed to always go for the move with a type that's super-effective on whatever Pokemon the player has out (if it has a move of a type that has the advantage that is; otherwise it chooses randomly), regardless of if the move is an actual attack or not. This resulted in Dragonite spamming Agility and because the AI in Gen 1 has infinite PP, it never ran out, so Venomoth was able to slowly wear it down with hilariously weak moves. It was epic.