Page 580 of 580 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580
Results 5,791 to 5,799 of 5799

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

7/10

Probably one of my favorite designs out of Kanto for a variety of reasons. An Arbok being the partner of Jessie was definitely a huge factor in this, but its appearance in the Pokémon Special manga was also a large contributing factor. Its hood markings are part of its allure, as they have actually changed a few times throughout the franchise. While it's never really been an every game thing, and most recent generations have kept the markings consistent to the gen 4 change, it is interesting to look back and see the different types of markings over the years. Pokémon Special even builds upon this by using the aforementioned Arbok owned by Agatha. Her Arbok was unique in that it could actually change its markings, giving it everything from better offensive capabilities to regenerative powers depending on what markings it had. It's also the same Arbok that is infamously slashed in half by a Charmeleon, but don't worry it was able to regenerate from that. Still, it's such a cool piece of worldbuilding I'd love to see built on in the future.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#263 Zigzagoon

my rating: 7
    Zigzagoon is a cutie, and the second-cutest early game critter after the Furret line. While it won't be winning any powerhouse competitions any day soon, it does have a few nasty tricks up its sleeve thanks to having access to tools like Belly Drum, the Gluttony Ability (which lets it eat berries early) and the move Extremespeed, which can all be combined in any manner of ways for devastating combos. It's not that easy to pull off, but highly rewarding if you do.

Spoiler:

Zigzgagoon also has the honor of being the first non-Gen 1 Pokemon to be given a regional variant. Much like what happened with Rattata, Zigzagoon is Dark/Normal, making me wonder if this combo will become a trend among regional variants of early-game mammals. At the time of writing, Sword and Shield haven't been released yet, so I can't say much about Galarian Zigzagoon, but I do like its expression and black-and-white color combo, even if it's a tad less cute than its ordinary variant.

Senior Moderator

Zigzagging rating: 6/10

Not my favorite of the early game, but I think under certain circumstance I umm....really do like it now. It's kinda been growing on me lately.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

#788 Tapu Fini

my rating: 5
    The Tapus are an okay Legendary quartet in my book. Not really my kind of designs, but they're all appropriately powerful, and I like how their dex entries point out that they're not always exactly benevolent despite their status as guardians. I remember that Tapu Fini here was for a while rumored by many to be our first dolphin Pokemon, which turned out to not be the case, but oh well. Maybe next time.

My Rating 5

These legends are super forgettable. I like the color scheme though

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

#439 Mime Jr.

my rating: 5
    It's kinda cute I guess, but I'm not really a fan of its evolution, so...

#269 Dustox

my rating: 5.5
    Dustox is probably best remembered as one of Jessie's Hoenn Pokemon, who much like Ash's Butterfree, ended up being released so she could be with her mate (though Dustox lasted much longer in the cast than Butterfree did). Dustox is the alternate evolution of Wurmple, with the other being Beautifly. Interestingly, this is so far the only evolutionary branch that the player has absolutely no control over the result, as it's completely randomized. This can admittedly be something of a headache if you were aiming for a specific Pokemon only to get the wrong one. That aside, Dustox is an interesting looking moth, though I don't like it as much as Venomoth.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Dustox is my least favourite of Wurmple's evolutions, but that doesn't mean I don't like it at all. Its design is kind of strange, but it stands out with its colour scheme (that I really like) and shape, perhaps making it a bit more unique than Beautifly. One complaint I have about them both is that Bug/Flying and Bug/Poison are boring type combinations, and that was true even when Gen III first debuted (though admittedly less so). I had one on my team for a while back when I was playing Emerald, but it was so long ago and my team rotated so much that I don't remember how powerful it was. What I do remember about it is its portrayal in the anime, and as always Team Rocket's Pokémon get the saddest farewells (though I'd say Arbok and Weezing's was a touch sadder).

Overall, I'll give Dustox a 7.5/10.

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

#004 Charmander

my rating: 7
    Charmander is a cutie. Our first ever Fire Starter is a very simple concept: a lizardlike creature with a flame on its tail that eventually becomes a fire-breathing dragon. Not exactly novel as a concept, but fitting for the representative of the fire element. I like Charmander a lot.