Page 524 of 552 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524525526534 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 5513

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#166 Ledian

my rating: 6
    Ffffff... hoo boy, this one. Look, I WANT to like Ledian. I really, really do. It's got a very cute design that looks sort of like a ladybug-themed superhero crossed with the stereotypical "grey" alien. But good lord, this thing got screwed over so hard in the battling department, which wouldn't be such a bad thing if battling wasn't the core focus of this franchise: Ledian has a fantastic movepool, but all its stats except Special defense and to a lesser extent Speed are absolutely atrocious. Its lowest stat is Attack, which sits at a paltry base 35, making it all the more insulting that it gets Iron Fist as an Ability and a selection of punching moves that would make a Fighting-type blush. And it doesn't do much better on the Special Attacking side of things, since its base Special Attack is only 20 points higher. The only thing Ledian could possibly do okay is being a Special Wall or a Baton Passer (as it has access to a few boosting moves like Agility and Silver Wind), but it's a shame that that's all it can really do, as its wide movepool would ordinarily give it a lot more variety if its stats didn't hold it back so much. Even in-game this thing is hard to use, which is saying a lot, since in-game nearly everything can work okay. I'll be giving Ledian a 6 regardless because honestly, I've ragged on it enough and like I said, I DO like its design.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

6/10

Overall it sucks in the battling department until you face one in PMD in which case a silver wind agility monster house is your worst nightmare.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

It does suck that it's not a good battler. :( My most vivid memory of a ledian was the Shadow ledian from Pokemon Colosseum. I really liked mine, even if it wasn't that strong. I love the design and the cry has always resonated with me. 6.5/10.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

#362 Glalie

my rating: 5
    Glalie is a giant floating oni head that also looks like a goalie's hockey mask (the latter is very likely where the Pokemon's name comes from), and according to some dex entries Glalie's body is actually a frozen rock, which has made a few people question why it isn't Ice/Rock, but considering how awful that type combination is and how subpar Glalie's stats are, it's probably for the best that it ISN'T Ice/Rock, as that type combination wouldn't work on anything that isn't a hard-hitting speed demon. Just ask Aurorus. Anyway, much like Gardevoir, Glalie received a gender-exclusive evolutionary counterpart in Gen 4, but while Gardevoir's counterpart was all-male, Glalie's was the all-female Froslass. Now, there are a few dex entries that claim that Glalies are born from the souls of mountaineers that froze to death, and Froslass is said to lure people she takes a liking to into her lair and freeze them alive so they stay with her forever... is it perhaps possible that Glalies are the souls of Froslass's victims? Maybe not, but it's a cool idea. Glalie was also one of select Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution, and unlike some of them (looking at YOU Garchomp, Salamence and literally every Legendary to get Megas), it actually needed and deserved it. It helps that Mega Glalie does away with the Ice Curse of Slowness and makes Glalie into a speedy mixed attacker.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

5.5/10

While I prefer Froslass, Glalie is not a bad battler when you throw its mega into the mix. I remember its mega was one of the first ORAS ones to be announced which was pretty cool. It also looks like a piece of hail given life so who knows, maybe Arrow's theory is correct.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Moderator

Glalie rating: 6/10

I wanted one back when I first saw it, but when I did it didn’t turn out too well battle wise. Like others said, Froslass went over much better than this one. They’re similar enough. It is true how it looks like a piece of hail. I guess that’s why it’s ability called hail when it was thrown out.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I don't really care for or dislike glalie. I prefer froslass. O: 5/10.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

I had no idea Glalie was based on a hockey mask, and now I feel stupid for not realising it sooner. A lot of my love for Glalie comes from the anime, which is generally a theme amongst a lot of the Pokémon I really like. It was just really happy and cute, which you wouldn't exactly expect from a floating rock head thing. I've not used the Mega, but I've heard that it's pretty good, with my only gripe being that neither it or Glalie itself are Ice/Rock, especially back in Gen III when that type would have been unique. Froslass is probably my favourite of the two because I think it's got a bit more going for it, but that doesn't mean Glalie is bad by any means, though what is weird is how different they both are from Snorunt.

Overall, I'll give Glalie a 7/10. :D

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

#014 Kakuna

my rating: 7
    It looks like it's wearing a little tie. That's adorable.

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

5.5/10

The tie was something I could never unsee once a meme pointed it out. :P

Making it double with Caite-Chan!