Page 576 of 590 FirstFirst ... 76476526566574575576577578586 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 5896

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Litten: 7/10

As the first stage to the first fire/fire starter line that I've always wanted, I was not disappointed. This thing is adorable and I'd gladly adventure with it by my side again since its whole line is pretty cool.

Lotad: 6/10

It's cute but it's not really a pokemon I can say I've used often.

Rhyperior: 7/10

It's definitely grown on me. I've used one several times in Pokémon Conquest and while it's not the best rock type out there it is a lot of fun to destroy people fro like four tiles away.

Dragalge: 7/10

I actually haven't had the pleasure of raising one yet but I think it's a shame it's been overshadowed by Nagadanel. Though I'd argue it's kinda been overshadowed since the gen it first appeared in due to Ash using both Noivern and Goodra, but not this guy. So it's kinda been hidden from the spotlight for a while. While I think both designs are solid (I'm sucker for the giant purple wasp creature and for sea dragons), I do think Dragalge deserves to see a bit more play time in the spotlight.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar
    10/10 Dragalge is a great addition, great HA, and a great shiny. Had the RNG blessing of hatching a shiny one on my own while just trying to breed for a competitive one! It's nice seeing new dragon type combos that aren't super powered.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#238 Smoochum

my rating: 4
    I'm not a big fan of Jynx, so I'm also not a big fan of its pre-evo. Yeah I guess Smoochum is kinda cute, but it doesn't have a whole lot going for it otherwise to me.

Senior Moderator

Boldore rating: 8/10

I think this one gets a push cause every time I hear it's name I think of "The Boulder" from Avatar The Last Airbender xD.

Kitten rating: 7/10

While it was my second choice for SM games. It still couldn't top the adorableness of Rowlet. Though it did seem to have a very unique look that almost won me over.

Lotad rating: 5/10

It's interesting the design is basically like a camouflage for it. Hey if anything it's good to help water the plants and best part. You can call it a floater.

Dragalge rating: 3/10

Wasn't a big fan of the name or design at all. Even battle wise it wasn't all that great to me. Sure it was interesting for the new ruling at the time, but it really just didn't have that click it needed so desperately.

Smoochum rating: 5/10

The baby Pokemon of Jynx was pretty odd. Turning an already odd Pokémon into a smaller baby like version.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

#411 Bastiodon

my rating: 5
    Bastiodon is one of the two fossil lines introduced in Gen 4. In keeping with its theme as the "immovable object" to Rampardos's "unstoppable force", Bastodon is all about defense, and its face is designed after both a shield and a castle fort. That said, the Sinnoh Fossils are probably my least favorite fossils to date, or at least the fossils that stand out to me the least, since I don't dislike them. Not sure why this is, though.

#473 Mamoswine

my rating: 6
    Mamoswine is one of the strongest Ice-types we've have in the game thanks to its great stats and having a type combo that is quite solid offensively. It gives a much needed boost to Piloswine, too. Mamoswine is obviously based on a woolly mammoth but without the trunk, which actually resembles a few early inaccurate reconstructions of the creature. It's a good piggy.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Smoochum: 5/10

It's not my favorite design but it's kinda grown on me over the years?

Bastiodon: 5/10

Also kinda neutral on this guy. When I first play DPPt, Rampardos was by far my favorite of the two, and still is to this day. I've never really used Bastiodon outside of Pokémon Conquest. That said, it's a really reliable defensive wall in Conquest that I love to use. The only annoying part is that because Defense is where all of its focus is, this guy hits like a feather. Maybe I can still give one a try in the main games though, just for fun.

Mamoswine: 7/10

Hated this guy at first but it has really grown on me over the years. I have a vague recollection of using one many years ago which is probably part of the reason I really like this guy now. Something about its whole design is just very pleasing to me. Plus, its anime appearance was fun too. Thoroughly enjoyed it as a character.
    /// /

#286 Breloom

my rating: 8
    Breloom is one of those uncommon occurrences where an evolved Pokemon is cuter than its pre-evolution, but that's not the only reason I love it. This guy is surprisingly strong and versatile despite having rather mediocre stats in everything barring Attack, thanks to having some very useful Abilities that make up for that. Breloom is one of my favorite Grass-types and Fighting-types in the game. It's kind of ambiguous what exactly it's supposed to be based on besides the obvious mushroom, but I've heard kangaroo and theropod dinosaur as possible candidates, which does seem to make some sense. Incidentally, Breloom is so far the only mushroom Pokemon that doesn't have any creepy dark secrets (the Paras line has cordyceps parasitism, the Foongus line is heavily implied to hunt humans as its main prey, and Shiinotic straight up gets travelers intentionally lost so it can drain their energy), so that may or may not be another plus for it depending on where you stand on nightmare fuel.

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

7/10

Never used one but it's one of those pokemon I've wanted to try out for a long time. All in all it's very cute and while not my favorite mushroom pokemon, this guy's got charm. It's ambiguous origins make it very interesting, since there are some interpretations that make it look more like dinosaurs, specifically Pachycephalosaurus and Ankylosaurus based on the head and tail designs. There was a nuzlocke I used to read a while back that also made Breloom look more like Archeops as well, and while I wasn't really a fan of that interpretation, it just goes to show Breloom has so many different possible influences that blend really well together. I also like to think it's hat is based off the kasa, since all the cool monks and samurais in the movies have them.
    /// /

#172 Pichu

my rating: 6
    While Pichu is not the first or most iconic baby Pokemon (that honor belongs to Togepi), it is still one of the most well known ones thanks to being the pre-evolution of the mascot. It's appropriately cute and all, but I personally liked the hilariously round beta design that was revealed a few months back. Probably because I miss fat pikachu.

11. This post has been liked by: