Page 482 of 506 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5057

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Senior Moderator

Rating: 5/10

Wasn't really a big fan of this one. Every time I see this one I remember those annoying water skidding spiders from Super Mario 64. Battle wise it may not be the best, but it's a bit interesting when it fits into the large list of Pokémon based on real life animals/insects

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

2. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#331 Cacnea

my rating:6
    Cacnea is one of those Pokemon I must admit I sometimes forget about, which is a shame as in the anime James used to have one. Cacnea is actually a pretty neat critter beyond being owned by Team Rocket, though. See, when it comes to designing cacti, it's all too easy to go for the iconic saguaro cactus, but Cacnea doesn't go for that low-hanging fruit, instead looking more like a barrel cactus. The way its face is structured suggests that it may also be based on a Jack-o-Lantern, which is a very neat and creative idea. Jack-o-Lantern cactus.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

4.5/10

Eh, not a fan, but you could do worse. I guess it doesn't help there's just heaps of other grass types I'd rather roll with, but kooky cactus isn't a bad way to go if that's what floats your boat.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Super Secret Double Agent #00156
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

6/10

These little guys have grown on me. I like their designs and I prefer to use cacturne to shiftry on a mono dark team for sure.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Cacnea is pretty cute! I've never used one though... 7/10
    GCEA

#512 Simisage

my rating: 5
    I'm not a fan of Unova's elemental monkeys. They're not very strong, I don't like their designs, and they're absolutely everywhere. That being said, Simisage is easily the least bad of the three in my opinion due being the only one to actually sort of resemble a delinquent, which was supposed to be part of a theme with these guys. The theme here being that the trio failed at their assigned wise monkey roles, and thus evolving to resemble delinquent groups that are the antithesis of "see no evil, say no evil, hear no evil" respectively. Unfortunately, Simipour and Simisear's designs really don't communicate this and end up just looking kinda dumb, but Simisage actually sorta gets there. Still doesn't quite nail it to me, but still.

Super Secret Double Agent #00156
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

6/10

Of the three monkeys this Is the one I’d prefer to use in battle. They did well to imitate the delinquent haircut on this guy but i think they could’ve done more to emphasize the fact that he was “speak no evil”. It doesn’t even still have its mouth open like pansage did. Perhaps it couldn’t had more sound based moves in its learn set. Just feel like more could’ve been done.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

#652 Chesnaught

my rating: 6
    Chesnaught is the final form of the Grass Starter of Kalos. It's a decent Pokemon with a very handy Hidden Ability and very good coverage by Grass-type standards. It also has the honor of being the first, and so far only, mammalian Grass Starter, and seems to be based on a combination of armadillo, chestnut, a knight, and possibly the prehistoric mammal glyptodon if you're into the theory that Grass Starters share a theme of being based on pre-historic animals.

8/10
    Look at that good face fur.
    [img]https://i.postimg.cc/fRVbvg4j/Sammy-Sawsbuck-Banner.png[img]
    Quote Originally Posted by URPG Park Encyclopedia
    A Pokémon can be confused and attracted at the same time...
    it me

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

4/10

It's just odd to me. Chespin is actually pretty cute and cool but these funky evolutions just don't do the guy justice. He just looks stiff and uncomfortable. >.<

Given, it's not awful, but I can think of many better ways Chespin could have evolved.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!