Page 586 of 587 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587 LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 5867

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

7.5/10

I used Venomoth a bit in the original Pokemon Stadium. Fairly decent and can learn a bunch of interesting moves that makes it pretty versatile. Design-wise, not bad either. Looks more appealing than Mothim anyway.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#158 Totodile

my rating: 7
    While I prefer Cyndaquil and Chikorita as far as Johto starters go, Totodile is still pretty good. And while it's not nearly as adorable as its Grass or Fire brethren, it's still pretty cute on its own merits. Plus, what it lacks in cuteness it makes up for in power, as it's probably the strongest Johto starter, and easily the one to pick if you don't want to have a hard time. In fact, Totodile can make a very good moveset with coverage for itself without resorting to TMs or tutor moves, as its line can learn Aqua Tail, Crunch, Ice Fang and Superpower by level alone.

#123 Scyther

Scyther is such a cool bug. It's a nice combination between a velociraptor and a praying mantis, and it looks every bit as deadly as such a combination would imply. Scyther is also notable for being extremely viable for a basic-stage Pokemon due to having a Base Stat Total so high that it actually doesn't change when it evolves into Scizor; some points merely get taken off of Speed and redistributed into Attack and Defense. Yeah, this means Scyther is effectively as strong as a fully-evolved Pokemon. I myself have had a lot of success with an Eviolite one at the Battle Tree.

#381 Latios

Latios may not be as adorable as his surprisingly much smaller sister, but he's still pretty darn cute. One wouldn't think that combining birds with dragons and airplanes would result in something adorable, but here we are. As a Legendary Pokemon, Latios is of course very powerful, being speedier and stronger than his sister Latias but at the same time not as good at taking hits, and while the Lati Twins are among the very few Dragon-types without any access to offensive Fire moves besides a lucky Hidden Power draw, they can still make do very well with the rest of their excellent coverage.

Cheers and Good Times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Administrator

9.5/10

This dude's awesome. At first I thought Latios was a Lugia pre-evolution, but even though the two are not related, this guy is great and I've raised one to level 100. He may not be the strongest legendary, but hey, he's got a cool character design and I like the whole concept of a brother and sister Pokemon set. :3

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon
    #123 Scyther
    my rating: 5/10 i never forgiven it for what Scyther did to Pikachu's Ketchup Bottle (while Pikachu was enjoying a tasty snack ) in episode 42 of season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    9.5/10

This dude's awesome. He may not be the strongest legendary, but hey, he's got a cool character design and I like the whole concept of a brother and sister Pokemon set. :3
    i agree with this ^ Especially since Latios is just as amazing as Latias ( even though Zekrom is the King of the Dragon type Pokémon )

My rating for Latios is 8.5/10
    Last edited by ShadowBolt25; 11-08-2019 at 08:17 PM.

These last three get the 10/10 treatment. I am a fan of water starters, and totodile line is like my second favorite (BLASTOISE LINE IS GOATED. FIGHT ME) I cant give Toto anything less.

Scyther evolves into the coolest reaper out there, Scizor goated.

And latios? Possibly my favorite game is Emerald (It is top 3) and i went through HECK trying to catch this wonderloving airplane lookin butt. I was not disappointed. Plus, back in the old Hackmon days, Latios was my desteoyer. I used Jolteon as my wall (wonderguardgoated) but Latios was my nuclear bomb. I miss the unbalanced days, where hackmons was pure chaos, unlike this Ban-Heavy Balanced Hackmons poop.

Anyway, all three are top tier in my book

·»There's no advantage to hurrying through life«·

#055 Golduck

my rating: 6
    Golduck is one of those Pokemon that I find to be average all around; it's got an okay design, decent but not great stats, and a workable enough movepool to give it variety. As the evolved form of the dopey Psyduck, Golduck becomes a lot more serious and stereotypically cool, which is admittedly a trend that a lot of evolved forms go through, although most of their basic stages are less "dopey" and more "cute and harmless-looking". Another interesting trait of Golduck and its pre-evolution is that they have been present on EVERY region starting from Kanto, only sharing this distinction with the Zubat, Geodude, Abra and Magnemite lines.
    Spoiler:
    It's only in Sword and Shield that this trend has been broken, as none of these Pokemon are present in Galar

7/10

Golduck has always been an interesting Pokemon to me. I've always liked it to some extent - I had an action figure of one as a kid, which I think contributes to my liking it. Nowadays, though, it's sort've alright.

#142 Aerodactyl

my rating: 6
    Out of all the Fossil Pokemon, Aerodactyl is probably among the most iconic, not just because it was one of the first, but because for a long time it was the only fossil based on a vertebrate, specifically a pterosaur. It even gets to the point where Aerodactyl is revived from the Old Amber, which is almost certainly a reference to Jurassic Park. Aerodactyl is also the only fossil Pokemon to not have any evolutionary relatives, and perhaps not so coincidentally, the only one to receive a Mega Evolution. Design-wise Aerodactyl is okay. It looks more like a stylized wyvern than any kind of pterosaur, and for some people that would be cool, but I would admittedly like it if we got a more accurate pterosaur one day.