Page 564 of 564 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564
Results 5,631 to 5,637 of 5637

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

i'm a point guard, got shoe game Bulbasaur's Avatar

9/10

One of my favorite ghosts, if not my favorite.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

8/10

It's grown on me. Love using it in Pokémon Conquest since its animations with Hanzo are very funny.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

9/10 Gengar is the original ghost, So bonus Nostalgia points, but between the Mega Evo and the Poison Second type having an advantage over fairies, Gengar has been one of my favorite Ghost types.

VPP

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#381 Latios

my rating: 7
    Latios is a cute cross between a dragon, a bird and a jet plane. He's not as adorable as his sister, though, and interestingly enough, he's also considerably bigger. Latios and Latias were our very first Dragon/Psychic-types, and I get the feeling that their status as a duo was at one point intended to allude to the Double Battle feature introduced in Gen 3. Thankfully, Latios and Latias aren't anywhere near as dependent on each other in a fight compared to other duos (Plusle and Minun). Latios is probably most memorable for being the very first Pokemon in a movie to die, and unlike others, he wasn't resurrected. That's... kinda morbid if you think about it. To be best remembered for dying...

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@Desolate Divine It's you!

I quite like latias and latios. Both are cool designs and unique pokemon. I didn't have access to Sapphire when I was younger, so Latios was one of just a few pokemon I couldn't obtain in Emerald and was keeping me from completing the dex. xD

8/10 for this boi!

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

i'm a point guard, got shoe game Bulbasaur's Avatar

7/10

Latios is cool looking, but haven't really used one because I haven't played Gen 3 much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Latios is probably most memorable for being the very first Pokemon in a movie to die, and unlike others, he wasn't resurrected. That's... kinda morbid if you think about it. To be best remembered for dying...
    ...I didn't know this. That's terrible. :'[

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

7. This post has been liked by:

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

10/10

Latios was one of the first pokemon I ever got a plushie of, and I still own it today. He's by far my favorite legendary behind Shaymin of course. I used to draw this guy a lot as a kid, and overall I just really like him. Pokémon Heroes is also my favorite Pokémon movie, especially when you add in the Japanese intro that never made it to the states. Sure, Latios got killed, but if you watch the end credits you see Latias flying away with two other figures. For a long time I thought this might be Latios' ghost and the soul of the Latios freed when the original soul dew was broken, since in the English dub the Soul Dew was said to be created from the soul of a Latios. And the Japanese dub both does and kinda doesn't confirm this. Instead of being the [email protected] father like the English dub said, the Japanese intro cut scene reveals that it's actually one of their ancestors, and reveals that the [email protected] have been visiting Alto Mare for many centuries, acting as protectors for a long time because of how much they love the city. It even implies there are whole flocks of Latios and Latias running around the visit Alto Mare periodically. So in the end, poor Latias may have lost her brother (and a father in the US), but she still had large flocks to return to.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire