Page 501 of 502 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502 LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5017

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

The Pokemon of the day is...

#425 Drifloon

my rating: 7
    Despite its cute appearance, Drifloon is one of the more unsettling Pokemon out there, as it has a reputation for kidnapping children and taking them to the otherworld. Then again, there is at least one Pokedex entry that claims that it merely tries to kidnap children, but it's too light to lift them up, so they just end up dragging it around like a balloon.

8/10
    Cute and unsettling and an interesting HA. Can be one obnoxious little thing to fight against. Also it's purple and yellow and that's one of my bias colour combinations. XD

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

Super Secret Double Agent #00156
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

8.5/10

I've used this little guy in multiple nuzlockes. I have so much nostalgia associated with Drifloon since I used one in my first ever run of Diamond, but these things are actually quite fun to use. Granted, in a nuzlocke setting they're a bit tougher to manage, but they can work. Plus the creepiness factor of their dex entires make them even better.
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

#200 Misdreavus

Misdreavus was our first pure Ghost-type, and also the only Ghost-type introduced in Gen 2. It may not be as powerful or as spooky as the Gastly line, but it's still pretty decent, especially since it was given its own evolution in Gen 4. Misdreavus is based on a banshee, a creature that was basically a decapitated woman head that floated around and terrified people with its screams. Misdreavus also looks kinda like a decapitated woman's head (albeit quite a bit more adorable than something like that has any right to be) and Pokedex entries describe it as scaring people with its wailing, plus it is able to learn Perish Song. Another ability that the Pokedex mentions is that Misdreavus basically feeds on people's fear, giving an explanation for its scaring people with its screams. Overall, a very neat little banshee.

Site Editor

Senior Moderator

7/10

Not my favorite ghost type but Misdreavus has definitely grown on me in recent years. Its evolution makes it quite the formidable fighter. And while they aren't very common in comics or nuzlockes, the one that appears in the Penumbra nuzlocke is really spooky.
    /// /

#681 Aegislash

Aegislash is easily one of the most powerful Pokemon introduced in Gen 6 due to its Ability, which turned out to give it a BST similar to that of freaking Arceus. Concept-wise, Aegislash is a possessed sword said to have served great kings in the past, but unfortunately here the word "great" doesn't necessarily mean "kind", so unfortunately Aegislash is just as likely to serve tyrants. Its pre-evolutions are also said to drain the soul of those who try to use them as regular swords, which is pretty interesting.

Site Editor

Senior Moderator

8/10

Definitely one of the single most popular objectmons out there. It's powerful and on top of that its origins tie in with the lore we have about Aegislash. Design wise, it is obviously inspired by the mythos of legendary swords like Excalibur, but its names are where it truly shows that it can serve the greats or tyrants. Its English name "Aegislash", is a reference to "Aegis", Zeus's shield. While Zeus wasn't the greatest guy out there, he certainly can be considered a good guy in many regards. However, on the flip side of that, its Japanese name, "Gillgard", is a reference to the early king, Gilgamesh, a great ruler that was said to be a demigod. Its often debated whether Gilgamesh can be considered a great ruler or a total tyrant, with various modern pieces of culture taking different stabs at it. Most famously is his interpretation in the Fate series, where Gilgamesh is no doubt one of the titular villains, but other stories like "Thick as Thieves" and "Gilgamesch" take a much kinder tone with the ruler. All in all it goes to show that Aegislash might've served some pretty interesting masters throughout history.
    /// /

#041 Zubat

my rating: 6
    Well, it's a bat, and it's Halloween month, so it fits. Zubat is infamous for being one of the most annoying Pokemon encounters in any game due to its omnipresence in caves and the fact that unlike grass routes, caves lack encounter-free patches, meaning the only way to avoid being bombarded by the little bats at every step is to stock up on repels, and if you happen to be low on money... Yeah, I won't deny Zubat is extremely annoying that way, and not helping matters is that it's also fast meaning it has a good chance of outrunning you lead Pokemon (thus not letting you escape) and also has the habit of spamming confusion-inducing moves, and the combination of those two things can be a real headache. That said, I find Zubat's design kinda cute. Not sure why, but I do. Maybe it's the combination of it not having eyes and the large batty ears. It should also be said that Zubat and its evolutionary brethren are confirmed to be bloodsuckers, and with how enormous they are for bat standards, plus how freakishly common they are in their habitat of caves, these guys would be far scarier than annoying. They could potentially suck you dry!

#292 Shedinja

my rating: 7.5
    Shedinja is really cool, possibly the most novel and creative execution of a concept in the franchise. See, Shedinja is based on the shed skin that a fully grown cicada leaves behind after growing in its wings, specifically, Shedinja is a cicada skin that somehow gained a life of its own, as indicated by it growing angel-like wings and a halo. The way to obtain Shedinja is also rather interesting: when a Nincada is ready to evolve, you must have an open slot in your party and at least one Pokeball in your inventory. Nincada will then evolve into both a Ninjask and a Shedinja, but only if the aforementioned conditions are met, as otherwise you'll only gen Ninjask. This makes Nincada the only Pokemon to date who can evolve into two different creatures at the same time. Anyways, back to Shedinja, it's a really eerie-looking creature; it never seems to move, barely looks alive, and it's completely hollow! The hole in Shedinja's back is even claimed to be able to steal a person's soul if they stare at it, but since Shedinja always has its back turned towards its trainer and nothing seems to happen this may not be true. Finally, the thing Shedinja is most well-known for is its 1-HP gimmick: Shedinja will go down to any hit no matter what, but to make up for that it also has Wonder Guard, an Ability that would be completely broken on anything else. What Wonder Guard does is that it makes Shedinja completely immune to any attacks unless they're either super-effective, residual/indirect damage, or inflicted by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker. This gimmick makes Shedinja one of the most difficult Pokemon to use, since residual and indirect damage is everywhere and Shedinja's weaknesses are all quite common, but it has been known to completely shut down certain sets, including juggernauts such as Kyogre.

Senior Administrator

7/10

Dude's weird and I've never actually used it. Coming across these in PMD was kind of a joke, because you could just throw Gravelerocks at them and bam, nothing to it.

On that note, I don't think I'd use the guy, though. While the ability is nice, it's an all-or-nothing deal and I'm not a fan of taking chances like that.

Making it double with Caite-Chan!

Page 501 of 502 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502 LastLast