Page 2 of 556 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Pokemon Opinions

URPG Staff

Drapion
    Rating: 8

Drapion is by far a great poison type. It has a cool place in the RU tier to use in competitive battling, and with proper support, an overall good chance to win battles for someone, since they only have a ground weakness. But, moving away from that momentarily, like a lot of Pokemon, it has a great design for being based off a scorpion and it is appealing to me. The theme fits well for a poison type too, compared to some of the others I've seen. Back to the battling scene, he has a great movepool to work with also. Poison Jab and Night Slash is a terrifying powerful combo this generation, especially with the fact that Fairy is weak to Poison types and are generally specially defensive. Overall, great pokemon, but it doesn't have so much for me to give it a ten.

And the Pokemon today is...

#076 Golem!

Posting my rating when I get home!

|||||||||

Senior Moderator

Golem
    I would have to give Golem an 8 for me. It's been one of my favorites from the very first generation. I always thought it had a really good move set.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Rating: 5

Golem is a Pokemon that never really stood out to me in any way, shape, or form. Now, note that I'm not saying that it's absolutely terrible by any means, but the rating indicates that it just isn't really that appealing to me whatsoever. I don't think it serves any use competitively (though I could be wrong), because its numerous weaknesses are really its biggest downfall (and typically, I'm not one to use this argument but a 4x water and grass weakness along with a steel, fighting, and ground weakness really hurts). Overall. Golem is underwhelming to me, but I hope this is pre-emptive judgment as I've yet to really try it out myself. But at the same time, I have no desire to, because there are tons of pokes that can do what Golem does except better.

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Golem

My Rating: 6

Golem is rather unremarkable, it has a very common typing with a lot of weaknesses. It does however have nice stats and movepool, and its design I actually like. My only problem with Golem is that it can only evolve by trading. It is outclassed, yes, and I personally like Rhydon better, but Golem is a solid choice for those who prefer it.

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    Golem
    My rating: 10
    Okay, This rating is totally based off the fact that Geodude was the first pokemon I caught (besides Piplup) Plus I like rock types. I trained my epic Golem, Empoleon, Rapidash, And Noctowl quartet up to the 80s. I also like his design, And he's rather fun to use in battle. I'll never forget the first time I used selfdestruct wondering what it would do.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

My Rating: 4

Golem is meh to me. Like Shaymin, I've never used Golem, because I've never really been interested in it. It has a far too common type with many weaknesses. However, its movepool is pretty good. The Golem family never has appealed to me, as I strongly prefer special types to physical types (just a long-held preference), and both Rock and Ground are said physical types. Golem isn't very pleasing in the looks department either in my opinion. It's not terrible awful repugnant, but it's not very high up on my list.

|||||||||

My Rating: 5

Golem was a fun in game pokemon in the first gen. It had a decent amount of power and looked pretty cool. However when it came to battling. Golem was given terrible typing and bad overal stats to boot. Golem doesnt hold up well in battling, at this point strudy saves it from being KO'd in one hit but that least poor Golem to be nothing more than a set up pokemon or a sacrifice pokemon and many others can do that better.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

GCEA Platnium/ Blizard Blue/ Pokemon Prism.......

And the Pokemon today is...

#150 Mewtwo!

3/4 Pokemon are from Kanto...I think the RNG might be a Genwunner.

My Rating: 2

I have always been thoroughly disgusted with Mewtwo. This is primarily because of its looks and personality, as it's a terribly unattractive Pokemon with a savage personality. I much prefer cute Pokemon that have good personality traits, though most Pokemon have no defined personality, unlike Mewtwo. The only reason Mewtwo is not at a 1 is because if its Mega Evolutions, which I will get to now!

My Rating: 8

Mega Mewtwo, however, gets a high vote on my scale. In both cases, the Mega Evolution greatly aids the look of Mewtwo. For Mega Mewtwo X, it gets a well-deserved 8. I really like Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions, and the Fighting-type add-on is awesome. The only beef I have with X is that Mewtwo has a very shallow Physical movepool, and it doesn't learn High Jump Kick, like its battle animations would suggest.

My Rating: 9

Mega Mewtwo Y is one of my favorite Mega Evolutions, as it improves regular Mewtwo's design and while harnessing its Speed and Sp. Attack. Its movepool is great, stats are greater, and design is superb. I love Mega Mewtwo Y, as it is one of the many Mega Evolutions that makes me look twice at a Pokemon I once had an adamant disdain for.

You don't have to do the Mega Evolutions if you don't want to, I just added them on. :L

|||||||||

Mewtwo, huh? Well then - let my rating begin!

Original Mewtwo
    Rating: 4

The reason I gave Mewtwo a rating of 4 is mostly due to the fact that I loathe using legendaries during my gameplay. However, it's deeper with Mewtwo. I just find him totally overrated and overused to the point where many, many, MANY people have this spliced creature in their team as a staple. I mean, sure, he may be powerful but I find legendaries useless in my honest opinion. I'd rather use a normal Pokemon such as Bidoof to Mewtwo.

Mewtwo X
    Rating: 3

Ugh. I dislike fighting types (almost all of them) and... ugh... this one isn't spared. I really dislike the appearance. Although I have X myself and I own Mewtwo, I've never used him before. I mean, maybe it would be a little different if I actually used him but... I just find him utterly weird looking. I dunno...

Mewtwo Y
    Rating: 5

I actually prefer this appearance above all of them. I find it cuter and see more of a resemblance to Mew (and I honestly adore Mew). I feel the rating for this cutie would be higher if I was able to use him, but, oh well. I'll leave him here with a 5.

So... yeah! My rating is pretty simple. Overall: I dislike almost all legendaries. :P

Jolteon owns all other eeveelutions~ ;D

Noivern: 1091
    ♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
    Check out my GCeA Stats here!|Check out my ASBL Stats here!|My Breeding Center!